Moonraker Vs. Die Another Day

edited November 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 645
I was just watching Moonraker and was wondering if people had the same reaction to Moonraker as alot of people toward the Die Another Day film? Meaning, alot of fans didn't like how outlandish the story was, gadgets, futuristic technology, ect. (Although I think many people dislike the story in DAD)

So I wondered in the age of no internet, were people thinking the same of Moonraker, generally disliking the film for it's off the wall laser, space story? (keeping in mind I know it was an original book)

Thoughts?

I personally like DAD and Moonraker, although not your typical Bond flicks, I enjoy them and their originality.

Moonraker - Theatrical Trailer

Die Another Day - Theatrical Trailer

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,930
    I love MR and DAD equally- yes, I love my Bond movies over the top. I think it's healthy for the Bond franchise to include both outlandish and realistic film plots to keep it from going stale. The gene therapy idea in DAD crossed the line, but sometimes you have to just sit back and remember it's all in the name of fun.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    I like Moonraker better. I just found DAD to be too cringeworthy.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
This discussion has been closed.