Best Bond Punch Ups?

RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
edited October 2019 in Bond Movies Posts: 984
Apologies to the moderator's if this thread already exists.

The title say's it all. What in your opinion are the all time best Bond brawls? The below are my five favourite's . Feel free to pick mine apart, and add your own.

1. FRWL- Bond Vs Grant: Somewhat of an obvious pick, but the original is still probably the best. Very much a product of its time, and the violence may seem a little understated to those weaned on the Craig era, but for me the physicality of Bond Vs Grant in the confined train carriage is still the one to beat.

2. OHMSS- Bond Vs Two Spectre agents. There are a couple of great fights in this film, but for me the one in the opening sequence on the beach is a classic. Say what you want about Lazenby, but the guy looked like a freight train when he demolished the two Spectre chaps. The kinetic editing, and Bond trying to finish one of them off by drowning adds to the potency. I still think George was the most physical Bond.

3. GE- Bond Vs Trevelyan: Not so much when they are out on the ledge, but the fight inside the engine room of the satellite cradle is a belter. Quick and brutal. Also unique that Bond essentially gets bested (by a normal sized man, no less) an excellent and underrated bought of fisticuffs.

4. QOS- Bond Vs Slate: I have made my distaste for QOS well known on these forums, but even I can't deny the short, sharp brutality of this fight. One aspect that I enjoy, is that it almost makes Bond look a bully, as he completely manhandles Slate. Growing up on films where Bond usually takes on a much larger man, it's refreshing to see the roles reversed. The casualness of the murder at the end sticks in the memory, too. Sure it's all about 'Bourney' but this is the one moment in the film I can accept that.

5. TLD- Necros Vs Agent/Butler: A bit of an oddity as this one doesn't feature Bond, but when Necros battles the agent in the kitchen, I love it. Hobs, hot plates and electric knives abound! I always found it curious, with Dalton being a harder edged Bond, that he was never involved in a classic fist fight. At least we got this, and despite its lack of 007, it's great.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.