Official NTTD Poster Thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited October 2019 Posts: 45,489
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Perhaps it would be a tad too morbid for a teaser poster but Bond close to a tombstone and the wording NO TIME TO DIE might have been a way to hype up the film. My guess is opening title credits will depict tombstones, graveyards.

SF did that.

Edit: I see CraigMoore made the same point above.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    I'm glad some territories got the logo smaller. That makes the poster a little bit more likeable.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    I’m still waiting for a textless version so I can do my thing haha. I’ve already tried to Photoshop it out and didn’t go very well haha :D
    edited October 2019 Posts: 544
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I’m still waiting for a textless version so I can do my thing haha. I’ve already tried to Photoshop it out and didn’t go very well haha :D

Same here. Checked it up on the EPK, Cinematerial.com and Kinopoisk.ru but there's nothing.
    Nor a Quad version. They are either preparing it or the Quad teaser will have another design, but I doubt it.
  • This is the most of the tuxedo, we have seen:

Beautiful costume. Tom Ford has out done himself. Though, I think he wore it best in QOS.

The poster does kinda 'pop' though when lined up amongst its contemporaries. That cannot be denied.
    Mw5uY0U_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    That blue wall is so important for that teaser poster.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Not that I've had a day to let it sink in, my main problem is with the size of the font. There's been more than enough said about the picture itself, so I'll refrain fro that other than also thinking it's a poor effort.
    The title, however, overlaps his handkerchief and just dwarfs Craig, diminishing any presence he has.

In @GertGettler 's excellent collage, you can see that the first four are presented as "Daniel Craig as James Bond in...", whereas this feels more like "NO TIME TO DIE, also featuring Daniel Craig as James Bond". Even the foreign translations are better, by leaving more space around the title, giving Craig more space. I'm willing to bet that just the picture with the 007 logo centered underneath would've been a more iconic image...
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Has a cheap gritty 70's vibe to it

That's not a compliment by the way....
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    edited October 2019 Posts: 231
    See many are trying to love/justify the poster, I just can't bring myself to do this and I've tried. It's just not great. I've read a lot of praise about the colours, sure the blue is striking - but how much work did it take to throw something like a M31-LUT on top of a photo to give it a more cinematic orange/teal look? Part of me thinks the original tease poster was thrown out at the very last minute - they needed another quick replacement and someone said - what about using the photo Greg took? The official shot with Bond walking away from the Aston Martin was a better Bondian image. Disappointing, but at the end of the day - only a teaser poster and the quality of the final film is a lot more important.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I agree the (English) font is way to big for the image, the teaser poster is lackluster
  • Has a cheap gritty 70's vibe to it

That's not a compliment by the way....

I actually like the down and dirty grindhouse vibe it has but I think that's thrown off slightly by how saturated it is. The black and white/sepia toned fan edits look a lot better imo. Less distinct maybe, but I think the pose/shot coupled with the colour gives it a real menswear catalogue vibe that sort of undermines the gritty look they were going for.

I found this edit on twitter which I think is the best of both worlds.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I love the typography; it’s brilliant. The blue is striking and works very well.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,105
    xsCfcEx.jpg
    There’s a gate right next to the wall
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Looking at the collage above I must say Craig has aged very well. From CR to now is 13 years.
    Compare Roger '73-'85 and Sean '62-'71 both less time, both aged much more.
    Just an observation.
    Craig has aged better than everyone else but he’s pushing it here he can’t do a 6th. He will be too old by then
    I'd rather have an old Bond than a pubescent one. I'm sick of these reboots with younger people. Bond should be between 37 and 57. I say Craig could do one more.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    That would be good.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Craig has aged better than everyone else but he’s pushing it here he can’t do a 6th. He will be too old by then
    A 6th would be pushing it for sure, but I can't wait to see him back for a fifth. Hopefully the teaser poster isn't indicative of the rest of the marketing for NTTD. It is his last, after all.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 12,837
    He's probably aging well enough to do another, but I think this should be his last one. By the time NTTD is released it'll have been nearly 14 years since CR. That's a long time. I'm happy with him doing this one to wrap things up, but after that I think a fresh start will be needed or it'll just feel stale.

It would have been nice if he'd done more films in the time he's had (I think his era really could have benefited from a GF type standalone between QoS and SF), but he's been Bond for long enough now. One more then time for a new one please.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Looking at the collage above I must say Craig has aged very well. From CR to now is 13 years.
    Compare Roger '73-'85 and Sean '62-'71 both less time, both aged much more.
    Just an observation.

I do think he looks great too. I wouldn’t mind another.

I watched a bit of Spectre the other day and he is brilliant in it. The lighter moments Mendes brought to his two Craig handles very well.
    The poster looks like it’s designed for viewing on mobile devices. Just based on the huge font and the simplicity of the image.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    I was underwhelmed by it at first, but its growing on me. Especially, as previously stated, when viewed in any format other than my computer screen.
    It's also growing -slightly- on me when looking at the versions with the smaller fonts. But it's still far from being a poster I love. Here are my two cents...

https://ns-writings.blogspot.com/2019/10/its-lost-art.html
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,834
    So seeing as I can't get my hands on a textless version. This is what I'd change what we have at the moment...

ddhr298-d46c7584-79d7-4667-b992-944efa6faf7f.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2NkNWQwOTM4LWY2M2YtNDUyZi04ZTk5LTc3M2QwYWUzMTEzNlwvZGRocjI5OC1kNDZjNzU4NC03OWQ3LTQ2NjctYjk5Mi05NDRlZmE2ZmFmN2YuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.bCPxR5BVu7VyuVR_VaJRPXLXL5stLZsgYEB9SXAkqos
    ddhr2bb-3deaab64-848e-4227-b5fe-258236a6fb97.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2NkNWQwOTM4LWY2M2YtNDUyZi04ZTk5LTc3M2QwYWUzMTEzNlwvZGRocjJiYi0zZGVhYWI2NC04NDhlLTQyMjctYjVmZS0yNTgyMzZhNmZiOTcuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.-06GHkUMICvp-ghNsuJbWVITEd-z48oHOwnzy1vvdlE

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Regarding reception of the poster, I'm reminded of how the film Quantum of Solace was received. With the intense opening and the editing, which turned off some film goers, I wondered if there was a conscious effort to optimize the home viewing experience. But was off-putting to some.

So these quick judgments may warm over time. And the product itself isn't as simple as it seems.

• GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    I think we guys see too much in teaser posters. It's a 't.e.a.s.e.r.'. My above examples show we really ought to cool down a bit. Are we on steroïds here?
  • I think we guys see too much in teaser posters. It's a 't.e.a.s.e.r.'. My above examples show we really ought to cool down a bit. Are we on steroïds here?
    I'm sorry but I disagree. The others are evidently posters. This looks like a still from the film with some titles slapped in front of it.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Regarding reception of the poster, I'm reminded of how the film Quantum of Solace was received. With the intense opening and the editing, which turned off some film goers, I wondered if there was a conscious effort to optimize the home viewing experience. But was off-putting to some.

So these quick judgments may warm over time. And the product itself isn't as simple as it seems.

After careful consideration, while it has some interesting elements, specifically the font and blue wall, anything positive is undermined by a sub-par photo of Craig.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I think we guys see too much in teaser posters. It's a 't.e.a.s.e.r.'. My above examples show we really ought to cool down a bit. Are we on steroïds here?

Everyone is aware of what it is, mate.