Macgyver returns

edited November 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 9,770
Not sure if this will interest anyone but Macgyver will return summer 2012 not as a magor motion picture or tv series or video game but as a comic book series (which will hopefully gain popularity and cause the creeation of a video game, movie or tv series) the info is here

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33424

My take I love the plot which is

"I don't want to give too much away, but there's a gauntlet that MacGyver has to run, and he does it as a fugitive, hence the title," Lee said. "Let's just say that someone with an axe to grind decides to play a game with him. He has to live out a week while every hitman in town is after him. A seven million dollar bounty is on his head, and every day it drops by a million. So the hit men have it in their best interests to kill him quick, and he has it in his best interest to run out the clock. But at the same time, he has to find out why this person wants him dead and what the true story is here."

And the idea of macgyver being ageless I'm fine with (If i wasn't being a batman and bond fan would kinda suck wouldn't it lol) I'm greatly looking forward to this and Hope it's good.

thoughts?

And if this is success full what would you want next Macgyver the movie Tv show Video Game?

Comments

I'm actually watching re-runs of "MacGyver" right now.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,929
    @shadowonthesun Yes, it's on 11! Awesome!

About time they did something with MacGyver. No reason they couldn't have done it sooner, considering all they need to make a decent comic is a paperclip and a stick of gum.
    Personally I am super excited about this. the tv show has essentially a good enough formula that there is no reason it can't be rebooted in to a new tv show Film series or video game franchise... Heck Hawaii 5-0 did it and I though The A-team did a great job of it too.. sadly i'm of about 10 people who think the a-team did a good job

We'll see where this leads but honestly I'm hoping for the best.

who knows maybe a Batman Macgyver cross over in the comics stranger things have happened.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'd love to see a new MacGyver series, but something tells me that a guy making a bomb out of toothpaste, a guide wire and a clothespin just won't cut it in today's eyes, kind of like how the A-Team would never get away with not killing anyone anymore.
    Who needs MacGyver, when we already have Burn Notice?
    Because Macgyver is awesome... and Honestly I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Macgyver's ability to cross over One could argue "with all the law and order and csi stuff who needs Hawaii 5-0" yet here we are in the shows second season and it's going strong. I mean it will have to be slightly retooled and it would have to be a more first season Mac vs terrorist than Mac takes on Blossom and her friends But it could definitely work.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Hawaii 5-0 is on season 2? (And, I do happen to call the show CSI: Hawaii/NCIS: Hawaii/Criminal Minds: Hawaii, or, my personal favorite, NCISSCIminal Minds: Hawaii.) My problem is not that there are other shows like it on today, just that the show probably wouldn't hold up today. Unlike Hawaii 5-0, you can't merge MacGyver with another type of show and make it work.
    well to each his own I believe it can work but then again that is just me.
    I'm not saying that I don't want it to work, believe me, I do, it's just that I don't think it'll work.
    BBM ! (Bring Back Murdoc !)
    well looking at the plot clearly someone from macgyver's past has a grudge against him and the idea of putting a 7 million bounty on macgyver's head and taking a million away for each day he survives sounds like a murdocian plan... we'll have to see.