NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

16869717374180

Comments

  • Posts: 12,506
    Completely blown away by what I just watched! Trailer way longer than I expected. This was no teaser trailer if you ask me? I think that could be it? And I would be happy with that! Roll on April 3rd 2020!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/ \m/ :-bd
  • Posts: 1,964
    Ludovico wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Im really hoping Blofeld has a bigger role than just helping Bond threw his cell.

    @fjdinardo my bet is that he's an Hannibal Lecter kind of character. I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing both sides against the middle.

    I see this happening too. Definatly see Blofeld escaping and living into the next movie whether Craig is Bond or not.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 14,794
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Im really hoping Blofeld has a bigger role than just helping Bond threw his cell.

    @fjdinardo my bet is that he's an Hannibal Lecter kind of character. I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing both sides against the middle.

    I see this happening too. Definatly see Blofeld escaping and living into the next movie whether Craig is Bond or not.

    Nah there’ll be a new continuity: Bond needs to be taken down in age (no offence Dan! You look great!).
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Posts: 2,415
    I was massively impressed by the cinematography and the action in the trailer

    Daniel Craig looks amazing and just is Bond in this, the trailer gives Casino/Quatum vibes in his performance
    Ana De Armas looks stunning and her character is intriguing, can't wait to see more. Got a feeling she is going to be a scene stealer like Severine in Skyfall
    Madeline is more intriguing this time, not so eager about her having a past coming back to haunt her. That's 3 films in a row the past has come back haunt someone, M, Bond and now Swann. But I'm reserving judgement.

    Didn't really like the whole "stay in your lane, or I'll shoot you in your good knee" crap. If they're both working for MI6 (and both 00's) then they shouldn't have her threatening Bond (doubt Bond would feel threatened by her anyway). Felt out of place to me, like it was meant to be banter but was poorly written.
    I would prefer more respect between fellow agents, Saunders, Alec and even Eve in Skyfall. I hope Moneypenny hasn't been relegated in this film, Naomie Harris has a wonderful screen presence and great chemistry with Daniel
    Still holding out hope Nomi is a turncoat to be honest

    Liked the look of Malek. The idea of Safin is exciting, I just hope he isn't Dr No. Original villain's are better than remakes.

    The stunts looked fantastic, the bike jump looks iconic and the jump of the bridge was incredible, can't wait to see that in all it's glory.

    But I was excited by the trailer, we finally have something to look at and analyse. Less than 5 months now. Really feels like a breath of life has been injected into the series with this trailer. Hopefully the wait pays off
  • RC7RC7
    edited December 2019 Posts: 10,512
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Ana's role will be so very short, alas. I'm looking forward to seeing her and Daniel in Knives Out soon.

    That white mask is a broken Japanese Noh mask (used for drama, storytelling). It's chilling and haunting; a very nice touch.

    Didn't knew about the Japanese connection. Also I saw a comment mentioning that mask remind them of phantom menace (haven't seen the film myself).

    You think that whole Norway sequence doubles for Japan I suppose Japan doesn't have those kind of pine trees and where his lair is.

    I think Norway perhaps doubles for Russia. Eastern Russia shares a border (albeit a maritime border) with Japan. I wonder if the Faroe Islands shoot suggests an island lair somewhere in these waters? And we all know what happened to Bond in Eastern Russia. Huge, possibly bullshit speculation.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,755
    For those that are concerned the trailer gave too much away, Craig stated in his interview recorded yesterday in NYC:

    “The trailer shows the work; some of the work we’ve done. But there’s so much more in the movie and I’m incredibly excited to get people to see the trailer.”
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2019 Posts: 14,794
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Didn't really like the whole "stay in your lane, or I'll shoot you in your good knee" crap. If they're both working for MI6 (and both 00's) then they shouldn't have her threatening Bond (doubt Bond would feel threatened by her anyway). Felt out of place to me, like it was meant to be banter but was poorly written.

    They're not both 00s/working for MI6 as far as we know.
    I’m guessing Leiter asks Bond to do something locally which leads to Cuba, which Nomi has also been sent to do by M. So she’s MI6 but maybe he’s more CIA!
    (In fact I don’t know if we even know if Bond goes to Cuba, do we? The action scene in the street seems to be all Nomi)
  • Posts: 6,626
    Felt a little underwhelmed by it.
    Though there looks to be good stuff in it.
    The visuals mainly, and Craig is still good, Malek looks really creepy, Ana looks stunning, and the action looks up to scratch.
    Not liking Nomi character, think shes going to be annoying! Costumes look odd too!! And Blofeld appearance looks flat and uninspiring! Overall not bad but doesnt blow me away!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,707
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Didn't really like the whole "stay in your lane, or I'll shoot you in your good knee" crap. If they're both working for MI6 (and both 00's) then they shouldn't have her threatening Bond (doubt Bond would feel threatened by her anyway). Felt out of place to me, like it was meant to be banter but was poorly written.
    I would prefer more respect between fellow agents, Saunders, Alec and even Eve in Skyfall. I hope Moneypenny hasn't been relegated in this film, Naomie Harris has a wonderful screen presence and great chemistry with Daniel. Still holding out hope Nomi is a turncoat to be honest
    I think it works, and adds more conflict, which makes things more interesting, and it's not like it hasn't been done before in some way, remember Anya from The Spy Who Loved Me, a film I think Cary definitely watched for inspiration here. As for the lines, I personally really enjoyed them, but think you'll probably find them more comfortable when you see it in context. Dialogue in trailers is always gonna be a bit odd.

    The trailer is #1 Trending on YouTube guys! Woop woop :)
  • Posts: 3,153
    So what city could this be?

    Wvpcmh8.jpg
    L8zeg5X.jpg
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,497
    I think they want us to think Blofeld's role is going to be big. Him taunting Bond about her secret is just him being... him.
    I don't believe it will be SP 2 for a minute.

    Oh and the I missed you too line is not the greatest. But in general some of us are again jumping to conclusions way too soon.
  • Posts: 490
    Zekidk wrote: »
    So what city could this be?

    Wvpcmh8.jpg
    L8zeg5X.jpg

    I was wondering if it was part of a solo Nomi mission just to introduce her or something but another user made it seem as if it was guys coming to break Blofeld out.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,707
    ertert wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    So what city could this be?

    Wvpcmh8.jpg
    L8zeg5X.jpg

    I was wondering if it was part of a solo Nomi mission just to introduce her or something but another user made it seem as if it was guys coming to break Blofeld out.
    I thought this sequence would be the kidnapping of the scientist?? They wouldn't keep Blofeld in a prison with windows surely to god haha :D
  • Posts: 490
    Denbigh wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    So what city could this be?

    Wvpcmh8.jpg
    L8zeg5X.jpg

    I was wondering if it was part of a solo Nomi mission just to introduce her or something but another user made it seem as if it was guys coming to break Blofeld out.
    I thought this sequence would be the kidnapping of the scientist?? They wouldn't keep Blofeld in a prison with windows surely to god haha :D

    haha good point. I honestly forgot all about that damn scientist.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Posts: 3,126
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I was massively impressed by the cinematography and the action in the trailer

    Daniel Craig looks amazing and just is Bond in this, the trailer gives Casino/Quatum vibes in his performance
    Ana De Armas looks stunning and her character is intriguing, can't wait to see more. Got a feeling she is going to be a scene stealer like Severine in Skyfall
    Madeline is more intriguing this time, not so eager about her having a past coming back to haunt her. That's 3 films in a row the past has come back haunt someone, M, Bond and now Swann. But I'm reserving judgement.

    Didn't really like the whole "stay in your lane, or I'll shoot you in your good knee" crap. If they're both working for MI6 (and both 00's) then they shouldn't have her threatening Bond (doubt Bond would feel threatened by her anyway). Felt out of place to me, like it was meant to be banter but was poorly written.
    I would prefer more respect between fellow agents, Saunders, Alec and even Eve in Skyfall. I hope Moneypenny hasn't been relegated in this film, Naomie Harris has a wonderful screen presence and great chemistry with Daniel
    Still holding out hope Nomi is a turncoat to be honest

    Liked the look of Malek. The idea of Safin is exciting, I just hope he isn't Dr No. Original villain's are better than remakes.

    The stunts looked fantastic, the bike jump looks iconic and the jump of the bridge was incredible, can't wait to see that in all it's glory.

    But I was excited by the trailer, we finally have something to look at and analyse. Less than 5 months now. Really feels like a breath of life has been injected into the series with this trailer. Hopefully the wait pays off

    Agree with all your points @Jordo007 I mean come on should she has some respect.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Posts: 3,126
    ertert wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    So what city could this be?

    Wvpcmh8.jpg
    L8zeg5X.jpg

    I was wondering if it was part of a solo Nomi mission just to introduce her or something but another user made it seem as if it was guys coming to break Blofeld out.

    I thought it was an exercise for 00 agents though it could be a break out scene it looks to be a tall building it looks like London.
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,512
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I was massively impressed by the cinematography and the action in the trailer

    Daniel Craig looks amazing and just is Bond in this, the trailer gives Casino/Quatum vibes in his performance
    Ana De Armas looks stunning and her character is intriguing, can't wait to see more. Got a feeling she is going to be a scene stealer like Severine in Skyfall
    Madeline is more intriguing this time, not so eager about her having a past coming back to haunt her. That's 3 films in a row the past has come back haunt someone, M, Bond and now Swann. But I'm reserving judgement.

    Didn't really like the whole "stay in your lane, or I'll shoot you in your good knee" crap. If they're both working for MI6 (and both 00's) then they shouldn't have her threatening Bond (doubt Bond would feel threatened by her anyway). Felt out of place to me, like it was meant to be banter but was poorly written.
    I would prefer more respect between fellow agents, Saunders, Alec and even Eve in Skyfall. I hope Moneypenny hasn't been relegated in this film, Naomie Harris has a wonderful screen presence and great chemistry with Daniel
    Still holding out hope Nomi is a turncoat to be honest

    Liked the look of Malek. The idea of Safin is exciting, I just hope he isn't Dr No. Original villain's are better than remakes.

    The stunts looked fantastic, the bike jump looks iconic and the jump of the bridge was incredible, can't wait to see that in all it's glory.

    But I was excited by the trailer, we finally have something to look at and analyse. Less than 5 months now. Really feels like a breath of life has been injected into the series with this trailer. Hopefully the wait pays off

    Agree with all your points @Jordo007 I mean come on should she has some respect.

    Nah, he’s a retired agent and she’s the rookie. It will play itself out and there will be mutual respect.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited December 2019 Posts: 1,755
    What’s wrong with “hello Q I missed you” line??? People are nitpicking already!
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Posts: 3,497
    RC7 wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I was massively impressed by the cinematography and the action in the trailer

    Daniel Craig looks amazing and just is Bond in this, the trailer gives Casino/Quatum vibes in his performance
    Ana De Armas looks stunning and her character is intriguing, can't wait to see more. Got a feeling she is going to be a scene stealer like Severine in Skyfall
    Madeline is more intriguing this time, not so eager about her having a past coming back to haunt her. That's 3 films in a row the past has come back haunt someone, M, Bond and now Swann. But I'm reserving judgement.

    Didn't really like the whole "stay in your lane, or I'll shoot you in your good knee" crap. If they're both working for MI6 (and both 00's) then they shouldn't have her threatening Bond (doubt Bond would feel threatened by her anyway). Felt out of place to me, like it was meant to be banter but was poorly written.
    I would prefer more respect between fellow agents, Saunders, Alec and even Eve in Skyfall. I hope Moneypenny hasn't been relegated in this film, Naomie Harris has a wonderful screen presence and great chemistry with Daniel
    Still holding out hope Nomi is a turncoat to be honest

    Liked the look of Malek. The idea of Safin is exciting, I just hope he isn't Dr No. Original villain's are better than remakes.

    The stunts looked fantastic, the bike jump looks iconic and the jump of the bridge was incredible, can't wait to see that in all it's glory.

    But I was excited by the trailer, we finally have something to look at and analyse. Less than 5 months now. Really feels like a breath of life has been injected into the series with this trailer. Hopefully the wait pays off

    Agree with all your points @Jordo007 I mean come on should she has some respect.

    Nah, he’s a retired agent and she’s the rookie. It will play itself out and there will be mutual respect.

    Yep.
  • Posts: 308

    dragonsky wrote: »
    Burgess wrote: »
    dragonsky wrote: »
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." is a DAMN similar line to "Our asylums are full of people who think they're Naploeon. Or God." from Dr. No...

    I think they miiiiiiight be setting up the angle that he is Dr. No (time to die)

    A really lazy move if it ends up a reality.

    His lair even reminds me of Dr. No's

    I'm not seeing it but is it really lazy or even a problem if they do? I mean, depending on your count, the fifth or sixth Joker iteration just made a billion dollars at the box office. We accept a new Blofeld, why not a new Dr. No? Lazy is simply remaking DR. NO.

    I don't want to get too much into it, but I'll just go on the paralel you made

    Imagine if they announce a new Batman movie and they say
    "In this movie Batman will fight a new villlain called "Jeff" he is a billionaire!"

    And you say "Hey, Batman vs Jeff, interesting a new villain huh?" And you watch the movie and..it turns out...it was Joker! Again!

    And the majority of people are like "Eh, at least you could've said it upwards..this is bad"

    And then there's "Batman 2: Electric Boogaloo"

    And the movie is "Batman vs Patrick! A new villain who works with the police and is a totally new character!"

    And you watch the movie.....and yet again..it's revealed that "Patrick" is actually The Riddler..



    I don’t want to belabor the point, but would your issue with a new Dr. No be the rebooting of the character or the subterfuge behind rebooting the character?

  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Posts: 5,707
    RC7 wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I was massively impressed by the cinematography and the action in the trailer

    Daniel Craig looks amazing and just is Bond in this, the trailer gives Casino/Quatum vibes in his performance
    Ana De Armas looks stunning and her character is intriguing, can't wait to see more. Got a feeling she is going to be a scene stealer like Severine in Skyfall
    Madeline is more intriguing this time, not so eager about her having a past coming back to haunt her. That's 3 films in a row the past has come back haunt someone, M, Bond and now Swann. But I'm reserving judgement.

    Didn't really like the whole "stay in your lane, or I'll shoot you in your good knee" crap. If they're both working for MI6 (and both 00's) then they shouldn't have her threatening Bond (doubt Bond would feel threatened by her anyway). Felt out of place to me, like it was meant to be banter but was poorly written.
    I would prefer more respect between fellow agents, Saunders, Alec and even Eve in Skyfall. I hope Moneypenny hasn't been relegated in this film, Naomie Harris has a wonderful screen presence and great chemistry with Daniel
    Still holding out hope Nomi is a turncoat to be honest

    Liked the look of Malek. The idea of Safin is exciting, I just hope he isn't Dr No. Original villain's are better than remakes.

    The stunts looked fantastic, the bike jump looks iconic and the jump of the bridge was incredible, can't wait to see that in all it's glory.

    But I was excited by the trailer, we finally have something to look at and analyse. Less than 5 months now. Really feels like a breath of life has been injected into the series with this trailer. Hopefully the wait pays off

    Agree with all your points @Jordo007 I mean come on should she has some respect.

    Nah, he’s a retired agent and she’s the rookie. It will play itself out and there will be mutual respect.
    +1
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Posts: 7,314
    I wish I had the time to read everyone's comments, but there are just too many. I had mixed feelings watching this. The cinematography looks stunning. Craig looks great. I was overjoyed to see Felix again. Man, I've missed him.

    I agree with others that I got a strong SF/SP vibe, which was disappointing. I know, I know, we've known for a long time that this was a continuation of the SP storyline, but seeing Madeline and Waltz's Blofeld didn't excite me.

    It was far better than what I'm seeing from Nomi, however. Her character is highly irritating. Not sure how much I can take of her, but I'm sure they will learn to work together and be allies by film's end.

    I'm not completely sold on Armas or Malek yet either, but I'm intrigued enough to hope they will prove me wrong and blow me away. It's just a trailer and I'm going to go in with an open mind. I want to love it. Hopefully it's a perfect sendoff for DC, who I'm really going to miss.... although I do believe he could be lured back if this is a big hit!!!
  • Posts: 940
    The trailer confirms my scoop in September, below, about Swann. And that their relationship would be an emotional roller-coaster and not as rosy as we originally thought it would be:
    slyfox wrote: »
    [I heard one spoiler below on my trip from a senior source. @00Agent was with me at the time too. It's part of a spoiler but it also raises lots of questions that I don't know the answers to yet. In the last week I've told three members on here who I know in person well but kept it from here until now as I'm now back from my travels so I thought it's time to list it for everyone. It's about the Madeleine Swann character. If you want to avoid it then just look away...
    Swann will really "screw Bond over" in the film. Bond will put a lot of love and trust in her and confide in her and open up but she plays with his emotions.

    I DON'T know:

    - If she is bad/working for Spectre
    - Or if she is being blackmailed
    - Or if she just doesn't want to be with him and wants an escape

    But either way, Bond is affected/betrayed by whatever happens.

    There will be lots of Casino Royale parallels to Vesper, trust, betrayal, as well as him joining/rejoining the service in this film.


    I guess Bond starts to doubt Swann and her intentions straight after he
    visits Vesper's mausoleum and is almost killed in the explosion and attempt on his life. He will get a phonecall and then head to the bridge where he is ambushed and has to jump to safety. Either that phonecall from a villain confirms Swann has a secret or he is automatically suspicious because she encouraged him to visit the grave and help him finally get over Vesper once and for all.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Posts: 3,497
    Why do some of us think Nomi will not be working together with James?
  • Posts: 308
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Didn't really like the whole "stay in your lane, or I'll shoot you in your good knee" crap. If they're both working for MI6 (and both 00's) then they shouldn't have her threatening Bond (doubt Bond would feel threatened by her anyway). Felt out of place to me, like it was meant to be banter but was poorly written.
    I would prefer more respect between fellow agents, Saunders, Alec and even Eve in Skyfall. I hope Moneypenny hasn't been relegated in this film, Naomie Harris has a wonderful screen presence and great chemistry with Daniel. Still holding out hope Nomi is a turncoat to be honest
    I think it works, and adds more conflict, which makes things more interesting, and it's not like it hasn't been done before in some way, remember Anya from The Spy Who Loved Me, a film I think Cary definitely watched for inspiration here. As for the lines, I personally really enjoyed them, but think you'll probably find them more comfortable when you see it in context. Dialogue in trailers is always gonna be a bit odd.

    The trailer is #1 Trending on YouTube guys! Woop woop :)

    Awesome!
  • CigaretteLeiterCigaretteLeiter United States
    Posts: 100
    mtm wrote: »
    @007Blofeld No, I definitely do NOT think Norway doubles for Japan. They are just using a Noh mask and I think it's superbly eerie.

    Well his lair -and maybe even outfit- are pretty Japanese too, so I think he’s got some sort of obsession there. But it does look to be in Norway.

    Keep in mind, the director is Japanese-American and does have a thing for his ancestry
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Posts: 3,126
    mtm wrote: »
    @007Blofeld No, I definitely do NOT think Norway doubles for Japan. They are just using a Noh mask and I think it's superbly eerie.

    Well his lair -and maybe even outfit- are pretty Japanese too, so I think he’s got some sort of obsession there. But it does look to be in Norway.

    Keep in mind, the director is Japanese-American and does have a thing for his ancestry

    That is a great point.
  • Posts: 940
    slyfox wrote: »
    The trailer confirms my scoop in September, below, about Swann. And that their relationship would be an emotional roller-coaster and not as rosy as we originally thought it would be:
    slyfox wrote: »
    [I heard one spoiler below on my trip from a senior source. @00Agent was with me at the time too. It's part of a spoiler but it also raises lots of questions that I don't know the answers to yet. In the last week I've told three members on here who I know in person well but kept it from here until now as I'm now back from my travels so I thought it's time to list it for everyone. It's about the Madeleine Swann character. If you want to avoid it then just look away...
    Swann will really "screw Bond over" in the film. Bond will put a lot of love and trust in her and confide in her and open up but she plays with his emotions.

    I DON'T know:

    - If she is bad/working for Spectre
    - Or if she is being blackmailed
    - Or if she just doesn't want to be with him and wants an escape

    But either way, Bond is affected/betrayed by whatever happens.

    There will be lots of Casino Royale parallels to Vesper, trust, betrayal, as well as him joining/rejoining the service in this film.


    I guess Bond starts to doubt Swann and her intentions straight after he
    visits Vesper's mausoleum and is almost killed in the explosion and attempt on his life. He will get a phonecall and then head to the bridge where he is ambushed and has to jump to safety. Either that phonecall from a villain confirms Swann has a secret or he is automatically suspicious because she encouraged him to visit the grave and help him finally get over Vesper once and for all.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    What’s wrong with “hello Q I missed you” line??? People are nitpicking already!

    I personally really liked that playful, mocking delivery. DC and Ben have always had good chemistry together and I'm pleased to see it continue here.
Sign In or Register to comment.