NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Apparently according to blackfilm.com paloma is a friend of Felix Leiter's

Yeah we know she’s CIA so it makes sense.

Yeah people still think she is a baddie I think not.
    I think people just really want a cool proper femme-fatale. Myself included. I don't mind if she's not a baddie, but it would be a cool bonus to the film for me.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Is Ana shooting at the DB5? Hmmmm

That's not the DB5 in cuba they all drive 50s cars it's a classic car.
    Oh yeah lol haha

For people who like classic cars cuba is definitely the place.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,343

Yeah people still think she is a baddie I think not. I think Felix dies and then Bond joins up with her.

No way she’s a baddie. Quite the opposite. She will just help bond in Cuba that’s it. It’s pretty much confirmed she will be a messy kind of woman making mistakes, so perhaps she will add some humor to the story.

EDIT: Felix dying is a strong possibility, perhaps the reason why Bond accepts to go on mission in the first place...

Yeah people still think she is a baddie I think not. I think Felix dies and then Bond joins up with her.

No way she’s a baddie. Quite the opposite. She will just help bond in Cuba that’s it. It’s pretty much confirmed she will be a messy kind of woman making mistakes, so perhaps she will add some humor to the story.

EDIT: Felix dying is a strong possibility, perhaps the reason why Bond accepts to go on mission in the first place...

Yeah I like her character alot. she will be a great Bond girl
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    I keep forgetting Billy Magnussen is in this film.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,343
    Hopefully. After all this long, quite exhausting and thrilling production, I just can’t wait.
    I keep forgetting Billy Magnussen is in this film.

True. Ash has been spotted just in Jamaica if I recall correctly.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Another trailer now or even in the next couple of weeks would seem like a lot to me. Maybe a final trailer in March, and the Eilish song, just before the film arrives?
    Another trailer now or even in the next couple of weeks would seem like a lot to me. Maybe a final trailer in March, and the Eilish song, just before the film arrives?

We will get another big final trailer, for sure, but this week sounds too early for that, at least to me.
    Thanks @DarthDimi
    jake24 wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    It's all personal preference. Some like the mask to be teal, some - like myself - prefer the mask to be more natural white looking.
    jprl4eB.jpg
    The first picture is not the grading seen in the most recent TV spot. It looks like it's been tampered with a bit.

For me personally, the natural look is certainly better than the teal. Is teal supposed to look more interesting and exciting?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Teal is better for film's like star wars and avengers not bond imo.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Let‘s not forget the final poster! I find that as important as the title song and I can‘t wait to see what the fan art competition brought up.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.

My understanding is that she has been confirmed as a CIA Agent in NTTD.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,930

I didn't think of Felix dying but they could well kill him off, yeah.

Do we know anything about her character? We haven't even seen her speak have we?
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    We're in a really exciting time now. We have quite a bit of stuff imminent. Second poster, second trailer, title song, TV spots, merchandise adverts, movie clips, chat show interviews with the cast and maybe 1 or 2 pieces of the score.

It will be quite a full 8 weeks of content now on the lead up to release. I would personally be surprised if they don't tag the second trailer to Birds of Prey as that is really the only last big release before Bond and it would be useful to get additional exposure in front of a large audience for that film.

As mentioned we will get alot of stuff now as i cant see them dropping all the above content in 1 month before the film, it'll be a steady stream of stuff over the next 2 right?

I know clips, bits of the score and the chat show interviews will likely be the back end of March but poster, trailer 2, merchandise adverts and title song are surely due throughout this month?...

The title song would a least need 2-3 weeks in and around the charts before the film comes out to have a chance though? Does anyone remember how close the last 2 title songs were released before the films release?

-{
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,018
    JG007 wrote: »
    We're in a really exciting time now. We have quite a bit of stuff imminent. Second poster, second trailer, title song, TV spots, merchandise adverts, movie clips, chat show interviews with the cast and maybe 1 or 2 pieces of the score.

It will be quite a full 8 weeks of content now on the lead up to release. I would personally be surprised if they don't tag the second trailer to Birds of Prey as that is really the only last big release before Bond and it would be useful to get additional exposure in front of a large audience for that film.

As mentioned we will get alot of stuff now as i cant see them dropping all the above content in 1 month before the film, it'll be a steady stream of stuff over the next 2 right?

I know clips, bits of the score and the chat show interviews will likely be the back end of March but poster, trailer 2, merchandise adverts and title song are surely due throughout this month?...

The title song would a least need 2-3 weeks in and around the charts before the film comes out to have a chance though? Does anyone remember how close the last 2 title songs were released before the films release?

-{

Keep an eye out for The Graham Norton Show. Guessing we should have Daniel & co as guests Friday March 27. No bookings yet going by wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Graham_Norton_Show_episodes#Series_26_

Also have The Jonathan Ross show. Series 16 should start in a few weeks.

The same thing goes for all the american talkshows. With the US premiere on April 10 I would say that the first week of April will be a busy week for Daniel & co

edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126

As much as I've seen of the character I like her. @mtm
    mtm wrote: »

Do we know anything about her character? We haven't even seen her speak have we?

• DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

Done some maths on this.

Adele's Skyfall was released on Global James Bond Day, October 5th, 2012. Skyfall's general release (not counting the premiere here) was on October 26th, 2012. So the song debuted a mere 21 days before the film released.

Sam Smith's Writing's on the Wall debuted as digital download on September 25th, 2015. Spectre's release was on October 26th, 2015. So that's 31 days before release.

No Time To Die is releasing on April 2nd, 2020. If we say that Billie Eilish's song will be released within the same time (21-31 days before release), then her song would be released in between March 2nd and March 12th, 2020.

Following that logic, early to mid-March seems a reasonable guess, which is 2-4 weeks before release of the film.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

Done some maths on this.

Adele's Skyfall was released on Global James Bond Day, October 5th, 2012. Skyfall's general release (not counting the premiere here) was on October 26th, 2012. So the song debuted a mere 21 days before the film released.

Sam Smith's Writing's on the Wall debuted as digital download on September 25th, 2015. Spectre's release was on October 26th, 2015. So that's 31 days before release.

No Time To Die is releasing on April 2nd, 2020. If we say that Billie Eilish's song will be released within the same time (21-31 days before release), then her song would be released in between March 2nd and March 12th, 2020.

Following that logic, early to mid-March seems a reasonable guess, which is 2-4 weeks before release of the film.

This has been the pattern for all Bond songs. The one exception was "You Know My Name", because that got leaked on the internet two months before the film came out. The song wouldn't get an "official" proper release until November.
    Can anyone explain why you would want to exit in the glider backwards? I know it's fantasy but, sometimes, they seem to add these things for no reason.
    patb wrote: »
    Can anyone explain why you would want to exit in the glider backwards? I know it's fantasy but, sometimes, they seem to add these things for no reason.

My initial guess was for cinematic purposes - so it looks cooler. But, having done some digging, if you drop an item from a cargo plane and it's facing outwards (front-facing out), dependant on the design and overall aerodynamics of the item, let's say it's a car. The item will fall in a straight-line - diagonally downwards away from the plane. But if you reverse the item, again let's say it's a car, and it's the rear so it's less aerodynamic the fall is more vertical. This has a whole host of other factors like the centre of gravity of the item etc...

So my guess is that the jet needs to invert itself to deploy its wings. But it's surely all for the magic of cinema...

• edited February 2020 Posts: 11,425
    Birdleson wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I believe the DR NO reveal will be established as the film ends with Ursula Andress coming out of the sea. We cut to Connery awakening and discover the entire Craig era had been a nightmare he had while sleeping on the beach. Boom, we're back to the original timeline.

In all seriousness, I’m starting to wonder if they’re going to find someway to merge the timelines.

I was thinking the same thing. I realize that it is extremely unlikely, but I would love it!

@Birdleson I'd love to know more about what this "merging" of the timelines would look like in your opinion? Like does the Craig era end up in the Connery era, or something else?

Very messy and very vague. I’d love the next Bond to pick up in a world where either previous continuity could be embraced or ignored as needed.

Isn't that the world that film Bond has always inhabited. Are OHMSS and DAF part of the same film series? You'd never know it from watching them.

Continuity is there to use when/if the producers want and then unceremoniously ditched when it no longer serves their purposes
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    As much as I've seen of the character I like her. @mtm
    mtm wrote: »

You must like your women silent then! :D
    patb wrote: »

If the plane flies at 500 km/h and the glider "falls out" of the rear door at 50 km/h facing in the direction of flight, it immediately flies at 450 km/h facing in the right direction. Its nose will drop a bit, but basically it flies as if something accelerated it at 450 km/h.

If it exits the cargo door forwards, then it falls backwards against its design.
  • Getafix wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I believe the DR NO reveal will be established as the film ends with Ursula Andress coming out of the sea. We cut to Connery awakening and discover the entire Craig era had been a nightmare he had while sleeping on the beach. Boom, we're back to the original timeline.

In all seriousness, I’m starting to wonder if they’re going to find someway to merge the timelines.

I was thinking the same thing. I realize that it is extremely unlikely, but I would love it!

@Birdleson I'd love to know more about what this "merging" of the timelines would look like in your opinion? Like does the Craig era end up in the Connery era, or something else?

Very messy and very vague. I’d love the next Bond to pick up in a world where either previous continuity could be embraced or ignored as needed.

Isn't that the world that film Bond has always inhabited. Are OHMSS and DAF part of the same film series? You'd never know it from watching them.

Continuity is there to use when/if the producers want and then unceremoniously ditched when it no longer serves their purposes

This.

There really isn't a timeline (or timelines) unless it's explicitly stated, which only happens in a few movies. The rest is fan-dreamt.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Might be the wrong thread, but could this be the aircraft with the glider (probably CGI) inside? Plus to right you can see a car. Is that the same Aston Martin Nomi is driving when she meets up with Bond on the dusty road? If so that could be a clue. Speculation: He joins her in the car, hatching a plan, drives to the airfield and up in the aircraft / sitting in the glider.

0ACLe8D.jpg
    QtNbezM.jpg

You are right, that's the cargo plane, a RAF C17
    5394656373_6e27428b47_b.jpg
    c-17-globemaster.jpg

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

-{

Keep an eye out for The Graham Norton Show. Guessing we should have Daniel & co as guests Friday March 27. No bookings yet going by wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Graham_Norton_Show_episodes#Series_26_

The same thing goes for all the american talkshows. With the US premiere on April 10 I would say that the first week of April will be a busy week for Daniel & co

Here in the U.S. it will be interesting to see if DC gets booked to host Saturday Night Live again. His first outing in 2012 was so-so. But I see no reason why he wouldn't do it again, at some point.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited February 2020 Posts: 2,055

Birds of Prey is in UK cinemas this Friday... so might we get it sooner?
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Might be the wrong thread, but could this be the aircraft with the glider (probably CGI) inside? Plus to right you can see a car. Is that the same Aston Martin Nomi is driving when she meets up with Bond on the dusty road? If so that could be a clue. Speculation: He joins her in the car, hatching a plan, drives to the airfield and up in the aircraft / sitting in the glider.

0ACLe8D.jpg
    QtNbezM.jpg

You are right, that's the cargo plane, a RAF C17
    5394656373_6e27428b47_b.jpg
    c-17-globemaster.jpg

Aah, damn I'm good. Haha

@zebrafish Thanks man
    TripAces wrote: »

-{

Here in the U.S. it will be interesting to see if DC gets booked to host Saturday Night Live again. His first outing in 2012 was so-so. But I see no reason why he wouldn't do it again, at some point.

Haven't seen DC in SNL. But ok. We might see him again doing some sketch with Stephen Colbert, like he did the last time promoting Skyfall or maybe it was Spectre