comics, video games and books that deserve to be made into a movie, or a sequel if its been made

edited November 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 12,837
basically, are there any books, comics or games that you would like to see made into a film/film franchise (depending on how many there are). Or if you want to see a sequel or remake of any of these that have been done.

My main wish was made true when green hornet got a proper movie last year, so I'd like a sequel to that. But I'd also like to see another daredevil movie and an assasin creed movie/movie franchise could also turn out awesome. I also want the nick stone books adapted into films, the geordie sharp books adapted into films, and the uncharted games to get a film/films.

Comments

The Shadow is in dire need to get a new movie.

The Saint is very welcome in any media.
    Everything or Nothing the video game
    Certainly has movie potential, what with an original storyline and original characters. The game itself is very much set up like a Bond movie, moving from location to location as Bond sets out on the trail of Diavalo. There's even Jaws to give us a since of Bond nostalgia!
  • The Giver and Brave New World are good ones for books. I can't see the same for video games though, maybe Nathan Drake could work.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Sin City needs a sequel, that's for sure. Blood Stone deserves to be a movie but needs a sequel game more. Escape of the Living Dead could be a good movie, if issues 3 and 4 weren't so stupid.
    SaintMark wrote:

Agreed! A good Dick Tracy movie might be fun, too. I'd also like to see Raymond Chandler's Phillip Marlowe novels adapted for the screen. They can leave The Big Sleep alone, though. Can't best Bogie!

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I also nominate Day by Day Armageddon. Either film or TV show, that would look awesome on the screen.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    All good ideas, here.

@00Beast I'll bet money EoN becomes a Bond film one day, whether it's the story, or just the title.

@Agent007391 Sin City 2's screenplay is nearly complete. Can't wait for this. My biggest regret was missing Sin City 1 at the cinemas.

@Agent005 I would love to see a new Dick Tracy film. Absolutely loved the one from 1990.
    QBranch wrote:
    Sin City 2's screenplay is nearly complete.

They've been saying that for almost three years now. I'm not sure if I want to believe it anymore.
  • 00Beast wrote:
    Everything or Nothing the video game
    Certainly has movie potential, what with an original storyline and original characters. The game itself is very much set up like a Bond movie, moving from location to location as Bond sets out on the trail of Diavalo. There's even Jaws to give us a since of Bond nostalgia!

I'd rather see nightfire as a movie but I think EON is more likely to get a movie. Unfortunetly if that time does come brosnan won't be able to play bond in it :(
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 12,837
    The Giver and Brave New World are good ones for books. I can't see the same for video games though, maybe Nathan Drake could work.

I think the assasins creed series could work really well as a trilogy or franchise, its got a good, strong confusing story which alot of successful films have (inception), they'd just have to take out the side mission type things and concenrate on the main plot.

And if they do make an uncharted movie the voice actor of drake in the game should play drake on screen (he does look a bit like him), and harrison ford should play sully
    I would really like to see Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, the comic by Tony Bedard and Mike Perkins as a movie. Charles Basildon is such a funny character.

And, the FX series Archer deserve being made into a movie.
  • Metal Gear and Uncharted

Plus a new Mortal Kombat
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,892
    GTA anyone? (and yes I know there's already a film called GTA, but that wouldn't hinder a successful franchise now, would it?).
    Uncharted (or its film counterpart, Indiana Jones) are great games, and would probably do better as comics than films. With the right writer, Uncharted could actually be an ongoing series (instead of a mini- or limited series).

And, as much as I love Metal Gear (just check out the thread), it would do terrible as a film. Who wants to go to a movie theater and watch a nine hour movie, which is what it would have to be to do the series justice. You can't make Metal Gear 2 hours, it just wouldn't work.

GTA could make a great movie, especially if they get a lot of the voice actors to play their parts from the games (Frank Vincent as Salvatore Leone, anyone?).
  • QBranch wrote:
    GTA anyone? (and yes I know there's already a film called GTA, but that wouldn't hinder a successful franchise now, would it?).

GTA could work
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    A good script for a Max Payne movie with an actor who actually cares about the character, that be my wish.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,894
    SaintMark wrote:

Yes. I adore the '94 film, and wish they'd gone ahead with a second film. We are supposed to be getting a Shadow reboot, but it seems to have gone quiet of late. :-?

Thanks to the german devil, I don't think it will ever happen. But I do hold out hope that there will be a Bloodrayne film series that follows the games. Directed by someone who would actualy care about what they're doing. *Dreams of Alicia Witt as Rayne in a big budget film... sighs deeply*

And the long in development Danger Girl film, with this cast:
    http://www.listal.com/list/danger-girl
    DarthDimi wrote:
    A good script for a Max Payne movie with an actor who actually cares about the character, that be my wish.

And a director that cares about the characters as well. Like Robert Rodriguez.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 2,107
    I think they should find a finnish director to originally finnish game franchise. Renny Harlin....nah!

Some John Woo wannabe could just do.
    Well, John Woo was a heavy influence on the games. Yeah. Yeah. John Woo.