If you could lose a few movies in the franchise, which films would you leave out?

12346»

Comments

• Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    GoldenGun wrote:
    Now we've got 22 EON Bonds. I just watched them all over again and came to the conclusion that, for me, if it wasn't for AVTAK, TND and DAD the franchise would not have missed much. I almost like them all and these three also have there plusses but they have some unwatchable scenes in there which other Bond movies just don't have (i.e. both the TND and DAD finale or the AVTAK abandoned mine scenes). Anyone feel the same about some of the movies in the franchise? Would you leave out a few to perfectionize the EON series if you could?

DAF, MWTGG, DAD - are the three that immediately spring to mind. I can see the arguments against AVTAK and TWINE but I don't mind them.
    00Beast wrote:
    Bounine wrote:
    I really believe that the Brosnan films tarnish the franchise and Brosnan himself is not a good Bond by any means. He's only a mediocre actor at best.

Tarnish the franchise? I really can't agree here, if anything, Brosnan is the one who SAVED the series from the long 6 year gap and made the 007 series relevant again since the end of the Cold War and the start of the new century and millenium. His movies introduced a whole new group of people to the Bond world, inlcuding myself. Such movies like GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies, and The World is not Enough are stone-cold Bond classics.

Nah Brosnan kept the Bond franchise ticking over and his films are no great shakes. He never in my eyes bought anything new to the Bond character.Craig put new life into a franchise that was lagging since Moore's The spy that loved me. Critical and Commercial acclaim along with Award notice plus Craig looks the part. I'd get rid of all Brosnan films apart from Goldeneye which is made great thanks to Sean Bean and Famke Janssen.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Despise Diamonds and LTK as movies. There are instances in the Moore movies I wish had never happened---Tarzan yell, California Girls, Jaws, and worst of all, Sheriff Buford T Justice. IF rolled in his grave about that time.
  • Damn exhausted after all that. I wouldn't have made a very good soccer player

Look, it's all dependant on any one viewers perspective. Everyone has their favorite releases and those they don't like too much, and it will never change, but that's the beauty of threads such as this

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but if it were possible to omit some of the releases from the half century franchise, I myself would put Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice, Diamonds are Forever, A View to a Kill, Tomorrow Never Dies, Die Another Day and Quantum of Solace out with the trash. In other words, they're simply titles I don't need to watch or I wouldn't truthfully miss them if they disappeared into a black hole for example. You Only Live Twice isn't such a bad release, but I've never really been a fan of it, and merely decided to add it to the list. I wouldn't care too much to never see it again in all honesty
  • AliAli
    I honestly don't like Dr. No one little bit. Looking back, it feels more of a spoof than David Niven's Bond! And TMWTGG was fairly tedious. Could probably live without TWINE as well (actually prefer DAD).
    I would not leave any movie out simply because they are all there with for reason and have given me pleasure or annoyance. All 007 movies have led up where we are currently and if anybody has a problem with that you can always find yourself another series to enjoy.
  • I have a hard time thinking of anybody who would want to ditch an entire era as a fan.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    None. Even if I'll have QoS or not later. As a true Bond fan, I really like them all. Differently and less or more for each but I keep the whole beloved serie.
    They are all part of the franchise success! So i would not leave any out!
    I wouldn't leave any out, I'm glad that there are so many, it's what i love about the Bond films. I might shift the actors around though...

I'd give DAF to Lazenby making him have 2 films and dropping Connery off at YOLT with 5 films.
    I'd give OP and AVTAK to Dalton, making Moore and Dalton have 5 and 4 films respectively.
    I'd leave the Brosnan and Craig films alone.