NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - Discuss Hans Zimmer's Score

Comments

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited October 2020 Posts: 2,056
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I bet there will be a deluxe soundtrack released later on with a lot more short tracks.

I hope so. All the Craig era scores have been by and large full releasings, bar one or two missing here or there.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    jake24 wrote: »
    The rest will all be recycled from SF, so nothing to worry about.

:))
  • jake24 wrote: »
    The rest will all be recycled from SF, so nothing to worry about.

It'll be a copy of a copy, like what Moonraker is to YOLT and TSWLM.
    What ever we might think about Newman he did introduce the changing chords under the vamp that we hear here.
    I seem to recall seeing a few deluxe soundtrack releases recently (John Powell's Solo for instance), so if there's indeed a lot missing here and the score's well received, I'd bet it's a distinct possibility for the future.

Everyone would do well to buy a copy and show them there's interest!
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 1,314
    Looking at the titles, track 16’s title is going to excite a lot of people
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Matt007 wrote: »
    What ever we might think about Newman he did introduce the changing chords under the vamp that we hear here.

The guitar vamp is his too.
  • I hope they release some alternate covers on the HQCovers website. The artwork is really bland.
    mtm wrote: »

No sorry I mean he took Barry’s original 3 note vamp and scored new changing major chords under it. Works very well IMO
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

No sorry I mean he took Barry’s original 3 note vamp and scored new changing major chords under it. Works very well IMO

Sure, I just mean that playing the vamp on the guitar is also something he added in Skyfall.
    Where do you mean he plays the major chords? In the bit over the studio logos?
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 565
    Ignore.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 3,164
    The soundtrack album is now up for pre order on iTunes and Amazon globally, along with the gunbarrel cue available to buy/download separately now, including on Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/track/2ycHXNy1oD6Syz0pGZzVq7?si=jkbhmgxkQtuYyJYZ5Jw0xA&nd=1

Sure, I just mean that playing the vamp on the guitar is also something he added in Skyfall.
    Where do you mean he plays the major chords? In the bit over the studio logos?

Yes - on the pre gun barrel but over the studio logos - I think from memory it appears this way in the sky fall soundtrack, maybe in the National Gallery Scene. Just an interesting interpretation.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Cool thanks, I'll listen out.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 3,164
    exclusive picture disc vinyl up for pre order at indie record stores (important: this is 1LP as opposed to 2LP so half the OST is cut here. And from description there may be more than one special edition of this)
    https://www.horizonsmusic.co.uk/products/hans-zimmer-no-time-to-die-bond-no-time-to-die-ost-indie-exclusive-picture-disc?_pos=3&_sid=968c97e0d&_ss=r

NTTD_PicDisc_Bond.jpg?v=1601627349
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2020 Posts: 4,441
    Now i understand why there are 2 other LP's credit besides the Standard LP and CD (Source: Bol.com). The standard LP include 25 tracks on 2 LP's and cost 31,99. The CD only 21 tracks and there ask 22,99. Both get same artwork. Those other Lp's cost each 30,99 (61,98 together) and on this moment claimd both include 14 tracks and missing 11 tracks from second Lp of standard 2 LP but that is possible a mistake/not 100% correct information.

The idea i get from your picture is that it will have 2 LP's, it said 2 sides and i see 2 Lp's showd each one side of LP. The other side of Bond possible have Savin on the other side and Savine one have Bond on other side. Only difrence wil be art work of place holder of the 3 difrent versions and can imagine (not confirmd) that CD disc (and Standard Lp) wil not have art work of Savin or Bond but title only.
  • familymottofamilymotto Spain
    Zimmer's intro is about 10 secs shorter than Specter's. I'm presuming the MGM logo will be followed by the Universal logo which alone normally runs for about 25 secs.

Not sure how this will play, maybe they'll speed them up or the fanfare will actually play out on the moving dots instead of to a black screen like other Craig GB??
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited October 2020 Posts: 1,884
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that gunbarrel track the album version? The one in the final film may sound different and be slightly longer.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that gunbarrel track the album version? The one in the final film may sound different and be slightly longer.

Very true!!
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited October 2020 Posts: 5,131
    How do we know the GB is at the beginning for sure guys??
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    suavejmf wrote: »
    How do we know the GB is at the beginning for sure guys??

The fact that the gunbarrel is followed by a short piece of original music pretty much proves it, if it was in the ending credits it would be followed by a full rendition of the Bond theme.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

Given the length of the film, that’s true. There’s a lot of Newman tracks in SF/SP that were shortened in the album in order to fit within the 70 minute time limit of a CD.
    well that sold out FAST - limited edition soundtrack pack, signed by Hans Zimmer. Includes alternate "girl power" version of the Picture Disc LP I posted earlier, the full 2LP OST and the Bond 25 RPO tribute album 3LP

SharedImage-109700.jpg?t=db215bc145ce6740d796
    https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/recordstore/Bond-No-Time-To-Die-2LP-SIGNED-Bond-25-Girl-Power-Picture-Disc-Bundle/6Q8L0000000
    antovolk wrote: »
    well that sold out FAST - limited edition soundtrack pack, signed by Hans Zimmer. Includes alternate "girl power" version of the Picture Disc LP I posted earlier, the full 2LP OST and the Bond 25 RPO tribute album 3LP

SharedImage-109700.jpg?t=db215bc145ce6740d796
    https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordstore/recordstore/Bond-No-Time-To-Die-2LP-SIGNED-Bond-25-Girl-Power-Picture-Disc-Bundle/6Q8L0000000

😔
    just listened to the sample. Zimmer sounds good to be honest.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 137
    PictureDiscBOND-DanielCraig.jpg?v=1601627349

Shame to miss out on the signed copy. I ordered the Bond artwork (Bond/Safin) version. Can't wait, but as others have said there's a real mix bag in terms of tracks over multiple versions. I do wonder what those Q1-Q4 tracks are all about????
    PictureDiscBOND-DanielCraig.jpg?v=1601627349

Shame to miss out on the signed copy. I ordered the Bond artwork (Bond/Safin) version. Can't wait, but as others have said there's a real mix bag in terms of tracks over multiple versions. I do wonder what those Q1-Q4 tracks are all about????

This is the tracklist of the Picture Disc editions:
    1 Gun Barrel
    2 Matera
    3 Message From An Old Friend
    4 Square Escape
    5 Someone Was Here
    6 Not What I Expected
    7 What Have You Done?
    8 Shouldn’t We Get To Know Each Other First
    9 Back to MI6
    10 Good To Have You Back
    11 Norway Chase
    12 Opening The Doors
    13 Final Ascent
    14 No Time To Die

The 2LP 'regular' edition is the only vinyl release that will have the whole OST.
    Looking at the titles, track 16’s title is going to excite a lot of people

not really because in all honesty
    I will actually be more upset if they use The Garden of Death and not title the film that as I think Craig's final bond film should of had a Fleming title and well yeah