NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - Discuss Hans Zimmer's Score

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,441
    Look like Hans Zimmer working with Radiohead for a song in Blue Planet 2, where Zimmer making music for. I like his work for Mi2, afraid it never that good or stil do dark for Bond and dislike the dark music he made for TDK. Also he is a composer in a lot of movies i collect.

The Last Samurai score only have 11 tracks, whyle it can have got 4 tracks more. Inception also not including two tracks who must download insteed of at them on the cd. Also TDKR some kind of issue.

Big quistion wil be or Alexandre Desplat stil be option for Eon. If there choose Zimmer, he is counterpart , Desplat Counterpart. Directer of the movie is also a counterpart (American and Asian directer who direct English series). Collect two soundtracks from Desplat from two movies i also have on BD. One of them is that hotel movie with Fiennes,, Lea Seydoux and Malek. He composed The Golden Compass (Daniel Craig) that i have on dvd. He have done more movies that expect he did. He composed movies who have dificult gerne.

The Ghost Writer music was why hoped he going to do a Potter movie (as in nice follow up of Harry 3) and whas very happy he actualy did two. But he should get time, so he can do nice twist on Bond theme like Hedwig themes with Potter.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited January 2020 Posts: 8,025
    I AM HYPED.

I guess that’s it for Romer.
    It's actually happening!! Zimmer and whoever works with him will deliver an amazing score. I can't wait!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2020 Posts: 10,588
    Interesting news, though I'd be curious if the score will truly be the work of Zimmer or that of his committee.

I feel bad for Romer, but he was never a good fit for Bond.
    Zimmer will definitely get some assistance. That’s fine by me. I’m not really fussed over the idea of a film not being completely scored by one composer. It’s all a collaborative effort, and if the overall score elevates the material then all the better.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 440
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Ugh as if Thomas Newman wasn't bad enough. I didn't think it would be possible for my expectations for NTTD to go beyond low.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Well that's certainly unexpected. And it looks like he's already started work on it, which is nice to see. Interested to see what kind of score we're getting out of Zimmer.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    They love using the word creative differences.
    It could be a lot worse. They could have just rehired Arnold. :P
  • Hans Zimmer is a great composer. Nothing can deny that. I do think he is a little overrated in terms of modern day composers, but that's just me. I don't remember a lot of his other scores which says something, although I believe he did do Dark Phoenix which was actually pretty decent in an otherwise bad film. If Nolan does indeed do a Bond, this may not be the only Zimmer score we'll get, depending on if he does a good job. Fingers crossed he's saving up for a belter of a version of the Bond theme!
    Has Zimmer ever worked on anything that he had to adapt music he didn't personally come up with? Or will the Bond theme be the first of that kind for him? Either way, I'm excited for his take!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited January 2020 Posts: 8,034
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    Has Zimmer ever worked on anything that he had to adapt music he didn't personally come up with? Or will the Bond theme be the first of that kind for him? Either way, I'm excited for his take!

Mission Impossible, Blade Runner.

If it's got Burlingame's name at the top of the article, then this is likely legit. This will be interesting. I feel bad for Romer for sure, but Zimmer's name on the film will undoubtedly add more hype to an already massively hyped film, considering how even the average Joe knows his name. Not many composers these days are a brand unto themselves. Whether it ends up being a good score now, is another story, but we'll see...
    Forgot he did an MI movie (the most forgettable one) Wonder when we'll get an official announcement from EON
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    This means that Hans Zimmer is doing the soundtrack to 4 major 2020 films: No Time To Die, Dune, Wonder Woman 1984 and Top Gun: Maverick.
    This means that Hans Zimmer is doing the soundtrack to 4 major 2020 films: No Time To Die, Dune, Wonder Woman 1984 and Top Gun: Maverick.

Assuming his duties for Wonder Woman are done since that was filmed a while ago. But still a daunting schedule. And I think he's going back on tour at some point soon too
  • OOWolfOOWolf Savannah
    The reason why John Barry became the standard and true composer of the Bond films was greatly because of the voicings that he used. The music had complex chords that married classical music and jazz. Those sed voicings gave the music emotion, intrigue, mood, whimsicalness, and power and on top of that, he was capable of writing memorable melodies.

Although I like Zimmer, and applaud the achievements of a greatly self-taught composer who made a career of himself, I feel that he may also be out of the realm of capturing the sound of Bond. I hope I'm completely wrong, but I know how reliant he is on droning sounds and soundscapes. Bond needs to be bombastic with memorable melodies. I'm curious to hear what he and his team come up with.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,247
    There's every chance Romer couldn't match the music from the trailer. and Eon clearly didn't want another SP score. It's now likely that Newman's style at least sounded more Bondian to Eon's ears than Romer's. Am pleased to have Zimmer, since we couldn't get Arnold....might be the first time a Bond Score is truly liked since QoS....and above all, good action Bond music is assured. The thought of Zimmer coming up with the Gunbarrel music & using the Bond theme in modern ways is truly exciting....and Safin might also have a recurring & memorable theme.
  • That does it - it’s over for Romer.
  • This has to be the end of the road for Cary - he introduced Romer to the production, and it bombed - big time. Heads must roll at Eon, this production has been a trainwreck from day one.
    bondbat007 wrote: »

Assuming his duties for Wonder Woman are done since that was filmed a while ago. But still a daunting schedule. And I think he's going back on tour at some point soon too

Wonder Woman the film is fully done as of last month according to the director so that likely helped.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    This has to be the end of the road for Cary - he introduced Romer to the production, and it bombed - big time. Heads must roll at Eon, this production has been a trainwreck from day one.

You don't half talk some bollocks.
  • Does anyone think Zimmer will be inspired by the character of Safin to do some of his best work ever? There’s already Oscar buzz for Malek’s turn in the role - could some of that buzz rub off on Zimmer? I think there will be an individual theme for Safin weaved through the score.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 3,279
    Shardlake wrote: »
    This has to be the end of the road for Cary - he introduced Romer to the production, and it bombed - big time. Heads must roll at Eon, this production has been a trainwreck from day one.

You don't half talk some bollocks.

Ignore it. He's a trolling WUM.

I'm pleased that Zimmer is now on board. I would still have preferred Arnold, but he is the next best thing.

One of my all time favourite soundtracks is Days of Thunder. I love No Time for Caution from Interstellar too. True Romance is also very memorable.

I think he should be able to pull off a decent score, as long as there are memorable uplifting tunes, and not dreary atmos crap, which I know he is capable of doing both, in equal measure.

Zimmer certainly reworked the Mission Impossible theme.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    The dream team is now complete.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Absolutely fantastic news. So glad Arnold didn't come back too. Zimmer is THE film composer right now. Such a catch for Bond. This will elevate the film in a way Romer never could.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,247
    Maybe Eon might go back to picking their own Composers after NTTD. With the action-looking & striking visuals I saw from NTTD's trailer....I just couldn't envisage Romer's music with it. It's Fukunaga first Major Blockbuster film & he apparently wanted Romer to have his own breakthrough musically in the Blockbuster genre. But I don't think it would affect Romer's Career, coz he works better with Indie films & projects about life & drama....things of that ilk & he seems happy with it. It's the same reason why he's scoring Wendy.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,441
    I hope it will be Dan Romer and Hans Zimmer if that be the case.

If Zimmer alone, atleast this track is closer to his work of Mi2. Stil dark

When Bond parking his car.. but then
    new 00
    parking her car in style next to his.. (00:00 - 02.04)