What Ever Happened To...Sheikh Hosein from TSWLM? (page 41)

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Of all the owners of "Max" (aka Chrome) over the years, Dame Diana Rigg was the real macaw.

diana-rigg-dove.jpg
    xfor9dniqyp51.jpg?auto=webp&s=92b00830850e236f100225cdca7e7430cbeb3a6f

• SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Of all the owners of "Max" (aka Chrome) over the years, Dame Diana Rigg was the real macaw.

diana-rigg-dove.jpg

:x :x :x
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Max would go on to become a famous actor, featuring in cigarette commercials and advertising in the late 1980s and early 1990s. It was during this time that he reunited with an old friend: a secret agent whose employment had recently been suspended for going rogue and committing unauthorized use and loss of the company's hi-tech classified equipment, and thus forced to pay for the damages by posing as a B-movie actor.

Max would continue to form a strong 'bond' with the ex-spy, and took up smoking Lark cigarettes because it's smoothness you can taste. Unfortunately Max died just a few months later from causes entirely unrelated to smoking Lark cigarettes due to their mild charcoal triple filter. Speak Lark.

52550543411_417059c415_z.jpg

http://www.culturepub.fr/videos/lark-cigarettes-pierce-brosnan/

After the over-exposure of the 1980s - 1990s, Max sought to disappear in the colonies of Ring-necked parakeets and Cherry-headed conures local to San Francisco.

A decent attempt, at times he went bananas though and eventually it didn't work out.

c6a31f5de044f647b1a84a8a46e2c8651efe07b6.pnj
  • donald trump ate Max. But Max kept repeating on him!
  • DwayneDwayne New York City

diana-rigg-dove.jpg

...any excuse to post pictures of Diana Rigg :x :x
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Margaret Thatcher was so impressed by Max after she learned the whole story that she insisted Max move in with the Thatchers at Downing Street No. 10 and be renamed "Ohhh, Mr. Bond". Max hated both the person and the concept so much that he decided to commit suicide by openly attacking the Chief Mouser of the Cabinet Office at the time, who was named Wilberforce (1970 - 1988). As desired by Max, Wilberforce won.

Wilberforce_%28chief_mouser%29.jpg
    Unknown to most movie-goers, Max continued a low profile presence in many Bond films over the years.

For example, with SP he contributed the high note to the song "Writing's on the Wall" due to Sam Smith's inability to reach it.

7035ac1df99235c48d429631f7c1beba0c27a79e.pnj

51be4e797f7f34a08f3f8d45e8104e64a92f3e66.pnj
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2023 Posts: 17,804
    After the stress of the Kristatos case Max developed PTSD and slowly went mad. He added several new phrases to his repertoire such as "I'm Prime Minister of Britain you know!" and "I eat frogs for breakfast!". He would squawk these phrases incessantly to the point that Melina had to have him put into the psychiatric wing of the Hellenic Hospital for Sick Parrots. His squawks can still be heard there until the early hours of the morning.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 3,390
    Actually, the Parrot once again appeared in The Living Daylights.

(But here's the story behind it)

Before Bond left Melina, Melina asked Bond if he could take home the parrot because she couldn't able to take care of it due to her being busy as a marine researcher, but Bond told Melina that the parrot was the only memory that her parents had left her, but Melina insisted that the parrot would be in a better care with Bond.

So Bond took the parrot, because of his spy duties, Bond couldn't also able to take care of it, he'd gave it to M as a birthday gift, but then the Parrot got ill, after that since M couldn't also take care of the parrot, he had decided to donate the parrot to a restaurant where MI6 meetings held.

Max The Parrot was seen again in The Living Daylights after the MI6 meeting with Koskov.

52709576902_43504474bf_b.jpg
    52710596728_d3455f9193_b.jpg

Though I'm sure Bond was happy to see the parrot again, but the parrot didn't recognized him because he didn't looked like Roger Moore, and it's Timothy Dalton.
    MI6HQ wrote: »
    Actually, the Parrot once again appeared in The Living Daylights.

(But here's the story behind it)

Before Bond left Melina, Melina asked Bond if he could take home the parrot because she couldn't able to take care of it due to her being busy as a marine researcher, but Bond told Melina that the parrot was the only memory that her parents had left her, but Melina insisted that the parrot would be in a better care with Bond.

So Bond took the parrot, because of his spy duties, Bond couldn't also able to take care of it, he'd gave it to M as a birthday gift, but then the Parrot got ill, after that since M couldn't also take care of the parrot, he had decided to donate the parrot to a restaurant where MI6 meetings held.

Max The Parrot was seen again in The Living Daylights after the MI6 meeting with Koskov.

52709576902_43504474bf_b.jpg
    52710596728_d3455f9193_b.jpg

Though I'm sure Bond was happy to see the parrot again, but the parrot didn't recognized him because he didn't looked like Roger Moore, and it's Timothy Dalton.

And also because, y'know, bird-brain...
    edited February 2023 Posts: 13,014
    In our real world, Chrome was almost set up to appear in Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001).

The original plan was for Kamacuras to oppose Godzilla, changed to three monsters Varan, Baragon, and Anguirus as elements of Earth. Changed further by Toho Studios (dropping Varan, Anguirus) adding King Ghidorah and Mothra for marketability.

For a time the production considered adding Chrome Maximus, a monstrous prehistoric bird to either complement Mothra or battle it.

In the end, Toho decided the production was top-heavy with creatures and the character was dropped early on in filming.

Sparse evidence exists for this period of film history.

mothra-rebirth-of-mothra.gif RecentPartialCoyote-max-1mb.gif

cfee2b8bb9417086a613d72d693277f5f868190c.pnj
    2836495199e7c17c4b5dc7e8e3bde6e33725fa1c.pnj
    ddbd9ec3466df7f5c4c5144f3fe98af4a79f314c.pnj
    806048120b538b9bca310d02afcae3e89b55d16d.pnj
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Thanks @RichardTheBruce. Your GMK/Max post made me laugh out loud, and as a big Godzilla fan I’m grateful. Photoshopping the Shobijin (“small beauties”) into your artwork was also a nice touch. Somewhere Emi and Yumi Ito are smiling. GMK is probably my favorite G movie among the millennium series of films (naturally my crush on actress Chiharu Niiyama has little bearing on that). :))
    305754_v9_aa.jpg

Useless Godzilla Trivia Item #1,043: Actress Kaho Minami (who has a role in GMK) was once married to Ken Watanabe (Dr. Ishiro Serizawa in the “US monster verse films”)
    Following FYEO, Chrome played on that success to get a role in Fast Times at Ridgmont High (1982).

Filming went well, director Amy Heckerling and screenwriter Cameron Crowe took a liking to the bird and included it in more and more scenes to good effect.

Unfortunately when Chrome was revealed in the promotional art, young star Sean Penn demanded total removal of the fowl from every scene and ad copy. The re-filming altered the tone of the finished film.

Fast Times enjoyed its success Summer 1982. Still, it's expected even greater box office and critical acclaim would have resulted from Chrome's presence.

3b2764bbce25fc20c9152df74551918f5543096c.pnj
    edited February 2023 Posts: 3,390
    I'm afraid that Max The Parrot had created his own game app (and it looks like that he's influenced by Bond), because mystery and detective, solve a murder?! (Inspired by the killing of Melina's parents!) And have us to act like James Bond.

52713841774_1ecb878e9a_b.jpg

52713058132_04e805cdef_b.jpg
    I see the ring!

Max was frustrated that humans never understood the repeated requests. And just provided nuts.

aa7bef35227188d1a8296a55606d49f271033885.pnj
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Well that wasn't a bird brained idea to see what Max was up to! Time to flap our wings and move on to another adventure.

Bond met up with a rookie agent on numerous occasions. Some were not so good or memorable, others left a mark. Lets see what our community thinks happened to a certain black dress Cuban agent Paloma!

Last seen shooting out the club and street with a fashion sense and heels to match. Paloma was either joking when she said it was her first assignment, or had a massive amount of beginners luck. Last seen wishing our man well in the back alleys of Havana. I have to ask the question...whatever happened to Paloma from NTTD?
    Well they wrote songs about her.

And who knew she was Mexican! Or maybe that's a cover.

Jackson Browne - Linda Paloma (4:48)
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    She was named after those songs, including the one by Jackson Browne (I mean, look at her. Purely agewise, she could quite well be my daughter). But we have also (e.g.)

and

and countless others, that are even older.

But I think she is still in the business she had in NTTD. I understand she has last been seen cleverly disguised as Marilyn Monroe. And maybe she'll make it to the top of some intelligence service at some time. If not, she can still breed pigeons or do commercials for Dove soap.
    Haven't we already mentioned her a few pages behind ?
    Well, yes...in the first half of the thread. But we also had Morton Slumber before. We have to realize that there is a limited number of characters in the films that we care about in any way. :-)
    Well, here's the ultimate version. I absolutely loved Mireille Mathieu when I was a child and until she started singing Schlager in German, but her voice still remains priceless, the next best thing to Edith Piaf's among French singers.
    Gerard wrote: »

Yes I realized after I hit the magic button! LOL! We are revisiting her! LOL!
    edited March 2023 Posts: 8,689
    thedove wrote: »
    Gerard wrote: »

Yes I realized after I hit the magic button! LOL! We are revisiting her! LOL!

But weren't you going to give a rerun/makeover to the previous ones anyhow? I mean, there's a complete list on the first page of this thread, and I don't have a problem with repeats...especially when I forgot what the first round was about. :-)
    Okay now. Focus gentlemen.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzN-WYPfD87XyRZ1kjb6JNS2fwtEeHbgYbPQ&usqp=CAU

As a true Roman goddess come to life in ancient times, Paloma returned through the ages to be worshiped and celebrated by artists from the earliest creators of mosaics to Picasso to more recently Mr. Browne.

In her latest incarnation, she grew up summering in Greece where a relative influenced her future path and endeavors. Another adventurer with a heart of gold, when her career as an agent took flight she became partial to leaving a familiar calling card at the scene of her completed missions.

Dove_Stick_Pin_F_300x.jpg
    topol-157850.jpg
    Seeking to exact vengeance for the deaths of Felix and Bond, she was surprised to learn all the bad guys had been killed off from Cuba to London to Safin's island. Game over.

So Paloma redirected her efforts to partner in the woman-owned business Two Chicks and dispense her own flavor of justice. (In media and advertisements, she cleverly substituted her mother as spokesperson and hawker of products.)

Two-Chicks-Logo-300x212.jpg
    94379cae68877279c26a1a15fd9710a1.png
    Fn5KDAiWIAAfaU2.jpg

87b77aea04ace7b167ac9530b940f828.png
    [Mother Paloma on the left]

4730b48268ea0c22e030d66816ac404b0cfa1ec6.pnj
    edited March 2023 Posts: 13,014
    (Paloma's role in NTTD missed some classic old-school film techniques.)

ab5023b94a5703c28cb797873bd397a669dfd5e6.gifv pigeon-bird.gif

edited March 2023 Posts: 4,968
    Excellent job re-visiting Paloma and her escapades in Cuba!

Lets move on to a more recent ally of Mister Bond. He kept the grounds of Skyfall up and running. He was left to his own devices in an abandoned house. Who was paying him? Don't know, but he was loyal to Bond's parents. He felt comfortable to call Bond a little shit!

Last seen in the chapel with a dying M and an emotional Bond. I have often wondered, did Bond give him a new job since Skyfall was rubble? Did he catch on with another house?

What do you say wise mi6 community? Whatever happened to Kincaide from Skyfall?