What Ever Happened To...Sheikh Hosein from TSWLM? (page 41)

Comments

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    The R20 is the other car in this imcdb entry.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    French cabbie would go on to establish a lucrative business installing security systems and tracking devices into taxis as well as a general auto servicing company called 'MyCar', which is now owned by his oldest son. The company's slogan is 'Oh, MyCar!'

Here is a photo of French cabbie's son in front of the first store in Paris:

gallery-5-20220816041331.jpg&w=640&q=60
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 12,988
    His cousin, Bolivian Taxi Driver, still talks about the event in his 1988 Nissan Bluebird 1.8 SE Saloon.

Or maybe an '89.
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    1988-nissan-bluebird-1320207-5679019.jpg
    51iU2pnvMJL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255%2C255%2C255.jpg
    Brother Harlem Taxi Driver in his 1973 Checker Taxicab A11 (or is it the A12 Marathon?) and his 1973 Chevrolet Bel Air confirms those type things don't happen In New York.

Or New Orleans.

6808b1f2fe3a26f4452e69146e179200c10c78ce.gifv

42821m.JPG

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    @RichardTheBruce: Relaaaax, Dick!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well, what does a Parisian taxi driver do? He went back to his baguette and wine. When he found his car, he was slightly intoxicated, and didn't notice the damage. Only after a good nights' sleep, he noticed the damage and he reported half his car as stolen. The police, also on baguette and wine, didn't find it odd that only half the car was gone (maybe somebody just needed half, as they themselves lost half on the road?) And so reported it. The insurance then came over and paid half the insured amount. The cabby had a cousin in Marseille who was quite good with welding, and so the money was used to make an extended version of the taxi, doubling the drivers' income. Which he spent on baguettes and wine .
    Through the International Taxi Drivers Association, associate to the deceased part-time tuk-tuk driver Vijay assured cabbies everywhere that India has not experienced the crimes witnessed in Paris.

At least not the theft. And on-street dismantling of a vehicle. Not those. Be careful fishing, though.

7ab0edf277d2497ade8aca6cd9ab77e478ef4940.gifv
    7e70921c9a548844537756b4fb9d6bc3aca55e64.gifv
    James-Bond-Tuk-Tuk-Octopussy-1-e1616867761445.jpg?fit=1000%2C1000&ssl=1
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    My goodness are these priceless! Great job bringing laughter and smiles. It helped to make my Monday better.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Well I have to move on to another minor character and see what our esteemed contributors think happened to her.

She was seen straightening a picture in the office of Moneypenny. I am talking about Miss Penelope Smallbone, only an assistant to Moneypenny for one film. She knew about our man since Miss Moneypenny had described him in "nauseating" detail. Bond gave her a bouquet of carnations while jilting Moneypenny with one single flower. Never seen again or even mentioned, I have to wonder, whatever happened to Penelope Smallbone? Did Moneypenny work to get her fired? Was she transferred to another officer in Mi6?

What say you? Whatever became of Miss Penelope Smallbone, last seen in OP!
    edited February 2023 Posts: 12,988
    Well Bond did invite her to a
    show. Gun holstered, she got as far as straightening his
    tie. Pan, Greek fertility god, would not have approved of this
    guy. Gin could be blamed over any loyalty to queen or
    king. "Rats", Miss Smallbone was heard to mutter in a manner less than
    noble. House wine overcame all in a night that left her in a confused
    whirlwind.

Escape was not an easy option, but became a certainty when she received that single, red carnation.

Press-Photo-The-Childrens-Story-Writer-James-Clavell.jpg
    Red-carnation-flower-isolated-on-white-Graphics-4398771-1-580x387.jpg

edited February 2023 Posts: 8,678
    James Bond lost interest in her when she was shown in a photograph with a much older guy than even James Bond at the time (see RTB's posting). She tried to explain that the other guy was her father, but to no avail. Bond broke off the relationship, muttering something like: "Damn, I shouldn't have rejected that Bibi bird back then." Penelope then decided to quit her job at MI6 and married a Yorkshire butcher, who had wooed her because he liked her maiden name so much. She's still alive and kicking, actively selling liverwurst in the family butcher shop.
    Plus 40 years later she became executive producer of a television mini-series of Shōgun
    based on that novel by whathisname.

shogun.jpg?fit=300%2C150&quality=85&strip=all&ssl=1
    a9e6b73f1c068b0c080f1374f884f2c1.jpg
    mqdefault.jpg
    shogun_e45n.jpg
    Starting her MI6 career with the unfortunate timing of the internet coming available, Miss Penelope Smallbone increasingly found herself the target of unwanted jokes and undeserved harassment to bear.

39b4953dfbfa20d043ad3062e4abbf0df2c3c0eb.pnj
    Bone-Big-Marty-Goldstein_1024x1024.jpg

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Dear Penelope found that men were constantly giving her flowers meant for other people. The final straw was when a certain employee of Her Majesty's Secret Service did this as well. She decided to start her own flower stall to get rid of all these flowers. Oddly enough, even though people paid for them, one way or another the flowers would come back to her. Selling the same bouquets over and over again, she made a small fortune. Sadly, people started to complain about the quality of their lowers, now returning them but also wanting their money back. Penelope decided that enough was enough, and she dissapeared to South America. Never to be heard from again.

The following Monday P.S. failed to show up for work.

Miss Moneypenny denied any knowledge.

661486.jpg

edited February 2023 Posts: 8,678
    The final straw was when a certain employee of Her Majesty's Secret Service did this as well. She decided to start her own flower stall to get rid of all these flowers.
    Was she "the pretty nurse [who] is selling poppies from a tray"?

1b5ba089acab36b1c896103f3d9df190309e6e8e.pnj
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    The final straw was when a certain employee of Her Majesty's Secret Service did this as well. She decided to start her own flower stall to get rid of all these flowers./quote]
    Was she "the pretty nurse [who] is selling poppies from a tray"?

Could well be. All I know is, she had family in Cortina. A niece, who found out she had something similar....... with motorcycles.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 12,988
    It seemed a novel greeting at the time, but Miss Smallbone soon realized she was far from the first.

fbb0fda3c78ab9d27ab56cdc934d62ed017da11d.gifv
    4d969c7d0b81dfce73eb864de393a04ed54f2818.pnj

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Bond was prepared to admit that he had gone too far.

He had gone too far, and was unable to commit to the mission ahead
    P.S. regretted accepting Moneypenny's "help" in getting a position in a US branch.

6585f9f5a8898f7565c5e57027971b6d8cdd243a.pnj

• Smallbone slept her way to the top, eventually becoming advisor to the PM.
    Panama made it worse.

8d8d3464ba9a42f735b02d6b40a8b2a90eb53263.pnj
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Smallbone realised she didn't really fit in at 'the old folks home', and had gone by AVTAK.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2023 Posts: 17,787
    After Bond's present of flowers Miss Smallbone had a revelatory moment and decided that her vocation lay not in being a secretary but in the world of flora. She eventually set up her own florist shop called Smallbone's Buds and Bows and now has shops in 32 locations across the UK.
    Transferring to France didn't help.

8b3362a135007327e2025e4c249da1b231fd40f4.pnj

Is that company traded anywhere? Can I go short on their stock?
    Maybe. But haven't you lost all your capital on Skyfleet?
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Maybe. But haven't you lost all your capital on Skyfleet?

Nah, I was too late. My tip-off came only after there had been an accident at Miami airport. Same goes for that lucrative diamond-deal in Iceland. I wasn't in time to invest. Good for me, that all melted away.

If you ask for the introduction.

That's all my organization will guarantee.