The Female 007 and the Women of NTTD

1246741

Comments

  • mtmmtm
    edited July 15 Posts: 668
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Remember when Judi Dench became M and she's at the top of everyones lists.

    They probably did that because of feminism. I suppose the rise of third-wave feminism made them rethink the character, and oh yeah Fleming wrote him as a man, and he didn't create the M prefix for a woman.

    How dare they create something that became iconic to the franchise, even though this one change with 007 will be occuring for one bloody film.

    Again, there was no DAILY campaign to make M a woman back in the 90's. There was a gap and they decided to change the character because they wanted a new dynamic, thats fine. Same goes for Moneypenny, it came out of the blue and the fact that her identity was a secret at first, it was more unexpected. But the problem, as I have said many times now, is that there has for a long time been a slow drumroll for years from the progressive press with headlines to the tune of "isn't it about time Bond became..." and this story decision of having Bond replaced by a strong, "beautiful, black" woman reaks of pandering to that crowd.

    And the idea of making people happy upsets you, I see.

    I think this certainly tips the wink at all of those newspaper stories about making Bond a woman at some point... but I'm struggling to see why that's a bad thing. It's the Bond films engaging in the public debate, and a bit like that bit at the end of Crystal Skull where Indy snatches his hat back, they're saying 'only James Bond is James Bond'.
  • mtmmtm
    Posts: 668
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    If her race/gender have nothing to do with it, why are you saying these so-called 'SJW's would be interested in it?

    I can't make it more clear than that

    Okay, so you are saying you have a problem with her race and gender. Gotcha.
    mtm wrote: »
    Are you saying you think they're trying to launch a new series and replace Bond as the lead? I genuinely can't understand what you're trying to say.

    You are always confuse, read it completely then you might be able to understand.
    I said "If" they try to make her 007 or replace bond or Nomi as 007.

    Why on earth are you worried about that? They're not replacing Bond. You're worried about something entirely in your own head. And you seem to be scared of it, which is even more worrying.
    I never said that, you are the one always assuming things. I have no issue with her gender/race.

    But you think it's pandering to these SJWs because of her race/gender, clearly, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. And you have a problem with that. So clearly there is a race/gender problem here for you.
    I simply stated an idea if they make a film/Netflix series on her I would be okay with it. Learn to read .

    And what's that got to do with anything? If you have no problem with a new character, what's the issue? She's not replacing James Bond.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 15 Posts: 2,115
    @bondsum I completely understand, your opinion is fair, and I watched the video before it was even posted on here. I wouldn't say they didn't introduce another 007 replacement in SF because it not being a good idea, it may have cluttered the narrative, who knows?

    ...but it makes more sense that we would see them now because it's five years between this film and when Madeleine and 007 rode off at the end. It had only been three months between Bond being shot and coming back. Think about it, they'd have to train someone to be a 00 and get them their first two kills before you could bring them in for Skyfall AFTER losing one of their best agents, getting pressure from the PM and the British government and then being attacked, and also it wasn't needed because the story was more personal to M, and was about Bond becoming 007 again.

    It makes more narrative sense in this film, and with the stakes seemingly much higher in this film than in Skyfall, why shouldn't the new 007 be involved?
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    Posts: 269
    bondsum wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »

    As @CatchingBullets pointed out it's 2019, and we know how Hollywood is determined to alienate its core fanbase with its gender identity politics in other big blockbusters, so don't at all be surprised to see it in play within the next James Bond movie... or Bond 26. To quote the prophetic Sam Smith lyrics: the writings on the wall.

    To clarify - when I suggest "it is 2019" I am not doing so to mock or moan at Hollywood and its franchises creative decisions. I am suggesting "it is 2019" to people and their rather opinions that really should not be publicly aired.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 15 Posts: 2,115
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Remember when Judi Dench became M and she's at the top of everyones lists.

    They probably did that because of feminism. I suppose the rise of third-wave feminism made them rethink the character, and oh yeah Fleming wrote him as a man, and he didn't create the M prefix for a woman.

    How dare they create something that became iconic to the franchise, even though this one change with 007 will be occuring for one bloody film.

    Again, there was no DAILY campaign to make M a woman back in the 90's. There was a gap and they decided to change the character because they wanted a new dynamic, thats fine. Same goes for Moneypenny, it came out of the blue and the fact that her identity was a secret at first, it was more unexpected. But the problem, as I have said many times now, is that there has for a long time been a slow drumroll for years from the progressive press with headlines to the tune of "isn't it about time Bond became..." and this story decision of having Bond replaced by a strong, "beautiful, black" woman reaks of pandering to that crowd.

    So if there was a daily campaign for M to be a woman back in the 90's, and they did and it worked it, why couldn't this? Also, Moneypenny wasn't out of the blue, everyone knew from the start basically it worked. Also Judi Dench's M was only a surprise because it was the early 90's. If modern journalism was around back then, we would be having the same discussion.
  • mtmmtm
    Posts: 668
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Remember when Judi Dench became M and she's at the top of everyones lists.

    They probably did that because of feminism. I suppose the rise of third-wave feminism made them rethink the character, and oh yeah Fleming wrote him as a man, and he didn't create the M prefix for a woman.

    How dare they create something that became iconic to the franchise, even though this one change with 007 will be occuring for one bloody film.

    Again, there was no DAILY campaign to make M a woman back in the 90's. There was a gap and they decided to change the character because they wanted a new dynamic, thats fine. Same goes for Moneypenny, it came out of the blue and the fact that her identity was a secret at first, it was more unexpected. But the problem, as I have said many times now, is that there has for a long time been a slow drumroll for years from the progressive press with headlines to the tune of "isn't it about time Bond became..." and this story decision of having Bond replaced by a strong, "beautiful, black" woman reaks of pandering to that crowd.

    So if there was a daily campaign for M to be a woman back in the 90's, and they did and it worked it, why couldn't this? Also, Moneypenny wasn't out of the blue, everyone knew from the start basically it worked. Also Judi Dench's M was only a surprise because it was the early 90's. If modern journalism was around back then, we would be having the same discussion.

    And even if it had happened because of a campaign, we'd still have had Dench as M in all of those films in our Blu Ray boxsets, and she was great.
    What's the problem again? :)
  • ResurrectionResurrection You don't need to be an operative to see the obvious
    Posts: 1,273
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    If her race/gender have nothing to do with it, why are you saying these so-called 'SJW's would be interested in it?

    I can't make it more clear than that

    Okay, so you are saying you have a problem with her race and gender. Gotcha.
    mtm wrote: »
    Are you saying you think they're trying to launch a new series and replace Bond as the lead? I genuinely can't understand what you're trying to say.

    You are always confuse, read it completely then you might be able to understand.
    I said "If" they try to make her 007 or replace bond or Nomi as 007.

    Why on earth are you worried about that? They're not replacing Bond. You're worried about something entirely in your own head. And you seem to be scared of it, which is even more worrying.
    I never said that, you are the one always assuming things. I have no issue with her gender/race.

    But you think it's pandering to these SJWs because of her race/gender, clearly, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. And you have a problem with that. So clearly there is a race/gender problem here for you.
    I simply stated an idea if they make a film/Netflix series on her I would be okay with it. Learn to read .

    And what's that got to do with anything? If you have no problem with a new character, what's the issue? She's not replacing James Bond.

    Sorry can't make it more clearer than that, if you can't understand it it's your problem not mine. Not responding you anymore. Bye :-h
  • Posts: 19,339
    aaaf57fb75446f20ff5aab3505d54010.jpg
  • edited July 15 Posts: 2,922
    @bondsum your point is the equivalent of the "I can't be racist, I have a black friend...." argument.
    Anyone can be racist, including you @Pierce2Daniel. How is that the same as the equivalent of the "I can't be racist, I have a black friend...." argument? A total leap in logic considering that there's a zero white connection in that video. Unless you're suggesting that a white person isn't allowed to post a video made by another person of a different ethnicity?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 1,390
    matt_u wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    For many it has nothing to do with race or gender. What if it was another white male instead of a black woman? Would you be fine with the criticism then?

    Same, either it's black/white or any race/ gender I am not okay with it. But I still think that it's just tabloid bs hardly any truth behind it.
    The main issue is the producers of the Bond franchise throwing a bone to online Social Justice press many of whom don't really care about the franchise, but who have been campaigning for years for Bond to be portrayed by someone of another race or gender.

    So the problem is her race/gender? I'm getting confused here! :)

    Maybe we need a separate thread for the bigots? :D

    The problem here is (if the rumors are true) they are bending to the SJW's agenda just to get more audience to attract to Cinema. Her race/gender has nothing to do with it.

    EoN always followed trends to attract more people to the cinemas, especially since LALD.

    Yes but they didn't change 007's identity

    There's always a first time.

    Again, this is just prejudice fueled by the fear of change. Since we don't know how they would handle this twist and how things will turn out for James or Nomi in the end, it's ridiculous to come to conclusions.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    STOP MUCKING ABOUT WITH THE FRANCHISE.

    (And yes, the toilet gun barrel was unforgivable!)

    LOL!

    The only FACTS are that they found an explosive way to put Bond in a situation he never had the chance to face, while at the same time following his on decisions in the last movie. That alone should be exciting. The hero of the movie is James Bond. Who cares if for one movie out of 25 and counting the premise is that he's not 007 anymore. Doesn't mean they're making Bond less Bond.
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    Posts: 269
    To clarify with some sanity and a reminder it is 2019 now and the next Bond film will be released in its 7th decade.

    In no order...

    Phoebe-Waller Bridge is NOT a 'feminist' writer. She is just a writer (and actor) and a damn brilliant one at that. B25 is lucky to have her. And if you think FLEABAG or KILLING EVE have 'feminist agendas', then maybe watching films and drama isn't for you.

    There is nothing that new about Lashana Lynch possibly (!) playing a Double-O agent or even a story-specific 007 herself. It might upset those whose minds, toxic viewpoints and phobias are still in 1965. Which is ironic as it was 1965 when the Bond films first referenced a female Double-O agent in THUNDERBALL.

    Women have been a VITAL part of the Bond film series since day one. They might not always get referenced on the posters in your garage but the production history of 007 onscreen has always also been one about its women too.

    Judi Dench was cast as 'M' in 1995 because - as is the norm - Barbara Broccoli and the EON casting minds realised it was the perfect time to introduce a cracking British actor into the mix. They were not making some 'feminist statement'. They were just casting the best person for the role. 25 years later the Bond films are still celebrating that decision.

    If and when a British actor who happens to black does get the role of Bond it won't be Idris Elba. He will (sadly) be too old and there is more than one good black British actor - despite what the racist rags like the Express and The Mail suggest.

    Print media is a dying breed. Online news sources need people to click on the bait of a headline. The fiscal and traffic need is established before any actual articles are read. Reading them is not the point. But believing them is another thing. And print or online... one cannot equate for intelligence.

    Not one film needs a racist, bigoted and sexist dollar in its box-office. If there are some claiming to not see the film then go and pollute another screening of another franchise elsewhere. The double sadness of those folk is that they always WILL see the film. It is part of their ongoing campaign of 'being right' with their misguided hatred.

    There is no such thing as 'political correctness'. There never has been. It is just a line where decency ends and bigotry begins. Anyone who uses the line "it is PC gone mad" has already lost.

    The new Bond film is not called CLICKBAIT.


  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Posts: 2,115
    Thank you @CatchingBullets. Are you single? Haha :D
  • mtmmtm
    Posts: 668
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    If her race/gender have nothing to do with it, why are you saying these so-called 'SJW's would be interested in it?

    I can't make it more clear than that

    Okay, so you are saying you have a problem with her race and gender. Gotcha.
    mtm wrote: »
    Are you saying you think they're trying to launch a new series and replace Bond as the lead? I genuinely can't understand what you're trying to say.

    You are always confuse, read it completely then you might be able to understand.
    I said "If" they try to make her 007 or replace bond or Nomi as 007.

    Why on earth are you worried about that? They're not replacing Bond. You're worried about something entirely in your own head. And you seem to be scared of it, which is even more worrying.
    I never said that, you are the one always assuming things. I have no issue with her gender/race.

    But you think it's pandering to these SJWs because of her race/gender, clearly, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. And you have a problem with that. So clearly there is a race/gender problem here for you.
    I simply stated an idea if they make a film/Netflix series on her I would be okay with it. Learn to read .

    And what's that got to do with anything? If you have no problem with a new character, what's the issue? She's not replacing James Bond.

    Sorry can't make it more clearer than that, if you can't understand it it's your problem not mine. Not responding you anymore. Bye :-h

    I think if you can't justify or explain your thoughts without confronting that they come from a place of prejudice, then it really is your problem rather than mine. You're going to find it harder and harder to live in this world if you can't accept people of colour and different genders.
  • mtmmtm
    Posts: 668
    matt_u wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    For many it has nothing to do with race or gender. What if it was another white male instead of a black woman? Would you be fine with the criticism then?

    Same, either it's black/white or any race/ gender I am not okay with it. But I still think that it's just tabloid bs hardly any truth behind it.
    The main issue is the producers of the Bond franchise throwing a bone to online Social Justice press many of whom don't really care about the franchise, but who have been campaigning for years for Bond to be portrayed by someone of another race or gender.

    So the problem is her race/gender? I'm getting confused here! :)

    Maybe we need a separate thread for the bigots? :D

    The problem here is (if the rumors are true) they are bending to the SJW's agenda just to get more audience to attract to Cinema. Her race/gender has nothing to do with it.

    EoN always followed trends to attract more people to the cinemas, especially since LALD.

    Yes but they didn't change 007's identity

    There's always a first time.

    Again, this is just prejudice fueled by the fear of change. Since we don't know how they would handle this twist and how things will turn out for James or Nomi in the end, it's ridiculous to come to conclusions.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    STOP MUCKING ABOUT WITH THE FRANCHISE.

    (And yes, the toilet gun barrel was unforgivable!)

    LOL!

    The only FACTS are that they found an explosive way to put Bond in a situation he never had the chance to face, while at the same time following his on decisions in the last movie. That alone should be exciting. The hero of the movie is James Bond. Who cares if for one movie out of 25 and counting the premise is that he's not 007 anymore. Doesn't mean they're making Bond less Bond.

    To be fair, it did actually happen in movie no. 20 as well, but these folk prefer to ignore that because somehow "it's different" :D
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe JK ROFLing
    Posts: 7,039
    barryt007 wrote: »
    aaaf57fb75446f20ff5aab3505d54010.jpg

    Lol, this says it all. God I miss Cubby.
  • edited July 15 Posts: 11,630
    The new Bond film is not called CLICKBAIT.

    I have to admit as a word - and the way it sounds when I say it, it's quite catchy…
  • mtmmtm
    Posts: 668
    Judi Dench was cast as 'M' in 1995 because - as is the norm - Barbara Broccoli and the EON casting minds realised it was the perfect time to introduce a cracking British actor into the mix. They were not making some 'feminist statement'. They were just casting the best person for the role. 25 years later the Bond films are still celebrating that decision.

    I think, to be fair, a big factor in her casting was that Stella Rimmington had been the real-life head of MI5 just prior to the Bond films returning, and they were making a nod towards that.
    Because -and it'll be a shock to some of you- women are actually spies too! :)
  • ResurrectionResurrection You don't need to be an operative to see the obvious
    Posts: 1,273
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    If her race/gender have nothing to do with it, why are you saying these so-called 'SJW's would be interested in it?

    I can't make it more clear than that

    Okay, so you are saying you have a problem with her race and gender. Gotcha.
    mtm wrote: »
    Are you saying you think they're trying to launch a new series and replace Bond as the lead? I genuinely can't understand what you're trying to say.

    You are always confuse, read it completely then you might be able to understand.
    I said "If" they try to make her 007 or replace bond or Nomi as 007.

    Why on earth are you worried about that? They're not replacing Bond. You're worried about something entirely in your own head. And you seem to be scared of it, which is even more worrying.
    I never said that, you are the one always assuming things. I have no issue with her gender/race.

    But you think it's pandering to these SJWs because of her race/gender, clearly, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. And you have a problem with that. So clearly there is a race/gender problem here for you.
    I simply stated an idea if they make a film/Netflix series on her I would be okay with it. Learn to read .

    And what's that got to do with anything? If you have no problem with a new character, what's the issue? She's not replacing James Bond.

    Sorry can't make it more clearer than that, if you can't understand it it's your problem not mine. Not responding you anymore. Bye :-h

    I think if you can't justify or explain your thoughts without confronting that they come from a place of prejudice, then it really is your problem rather than mine. You're going to find it harder and harder to live in this world if you can't accept people of colour and different genders.

    Same here...good luck
  • mtmmtm
    edited July 15 Posts: 668
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    If her race/gender have nothing to do with it, why are you saying these so-called 'SJW's would be interested in it?

    I can't make it more clear than that

    Okay, so you are saying you have a problem with her race and gender. Gotcha.
    mtm wrote: »
    Are you saying you think they're trying to launch a new series and replace Bond as the lead? I genuinely can't understand what you're trying to say.

    You are always confuse, read it completely then you might be able to understand.
    I said "If" they try to make her 007 or replace bond or Nomi as 007.

    Why on earth are you worried about that? They're not replacing Bond. You're worried about something entirely in your own head. And you seem to be scared of it, which is even more worrying.
    I never said that, you are the one always assuming things. I have no issue with her gender/race.

    But you think it's pandering to these SJWs because of her race/gender, clearly, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. And you have a problem with that. So clearly there is a race/gender problem here for you.
    I simply stated an idea if they make a film/Netflix series on her I would be okay with it. Learn to read .

    And what's that got to do with anything? If you have no problem with a new character, what's the issue? She's not replacing James Bond.

    Sorry can't make it more clearer than that, if you can't understand it it's your problem not mine. Not responding you anymore. Bye :-h

    I think if you can't justify or explain your thoughts without confronting that they come from a place of prejudice, then it really is your problem rather than mine. You're going to find it harder and harder to live in this world if you can't accept people of colour and different genders.

    Same here...good luck

    'Same here'..? Yeah, I was describing you... ?
    Is English your first language? Genuine question.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 15 Posts: 1,390
    barryt007 wrote: »
    aaaf57fb75446f20ff5aab3505d54010.jpg

    Lol, this says it all. God I miss Cubby.

    He was a great man and pioneer producer, that’s for sure.
    mtm wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    For many it has nothing to do with race or gender. What if it was another white male instead of a black woman? Would you be fine with the criticism then?

    Same, either it's black/white or any race/ gender I am not okay with it. But I still think that it's just tabloid bs hardly any truth behind it.
    The main issue is the producers of the Bond franchise throwing a bone to online Social Justice press many of whom don't really care about the franchise, but who have been campaigning for years for Bond to be portrayed by someone of another race or gender.

    So the problem is her race/gender? I'm getting confused here! :)

    Maybe we need a separate thread for the bigots? :D

    The problem here is (if the rumors are true) they are bending to the SJW's agenda just to get more audience to attract to Cinema. Her race/gender has nothing to do with it.

    EoN always followed trends to attract more people to the cinemas, especially since LALD.

    Yes but they didn't change 007's identity

    There's always a first time.

    Again, this is just prejudice fueled by the fear of change. Since we don't know how they would handle this twist and how things will turn out for James or Nomi in the end, it's ridiculous to come to conclusions.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    STOP MUCKING ABOUT WITH THE FRANCHISE.

    (And yes, the toilet gun barrel was unforgivable!)

    LOL!

    The only FACTS are that they found an explosive way to put Bond in a situation he never had the chance to face, while at the same time following his on decisions in the last movie. That alone should be exciting. The hero of the movie is James Bond. Who cares if for one movie out of 25 and counting the premise is that he's not 007 anymore. Doesn't mean they're making Bond less Bond.

    To be fair, it did actually happen in movie no. 20 as well, but these folk prefer to ignore that because somehow "it's different" :D

    Yeah, I mean, he’s not 007 anymore and he’s been replaced. Because that’s the core of all this nonsense.
  • mtmmtm
    Posts: 668
    matt_u wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    aaaf57fb75446f20ff5aab3505d54010.jpg

    Lol, this says it all. God I miss Cubby.

    He was a great man and pioneer producer, that’s for sure.
    mtm wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    For many it has nothing to do with race or gender. What if it was another white male instead of a black woman? Would you be fine with the criticism then?

    Same, either it's black/white or any race/ gender I am not okay with it. But I still think that it's just tabloid bs hardly any truth behind it.
    The main issue is the producers of the Bond franchise throwing a bone to online Social Justice press many of whom don't really care about the franchise, but who have been campaigning for years for Bond to be portrayed by someone of another race or gender.

    So the problem is her race/gender? I'm getting confused here! :)

    Maybe we need a separate thread for the bigots? :D

    The problem here is (if the rumors are true) they are bending to the SJW's agenda just to get more audience to attract to Cinema. Her race/gender has nothing to do with it.

    EoN always followed trends to attract more people to the cinemas, especially since LALD.

    Yes but they didn't change 007's identity

    There's always a first time.

    Again, this is just prejudice fueled by the fear of change. Since we don't know how they would handle this twist and how things will turn out for James or Nomi in the end, it's ridiculous to come to conclusions.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    STOP MUCKING ABOUT WITH THE FRANCHISE.

    (And yes, the toilet gun barrel was unforgivable!)

    LOL!

    The only FACTS are that they found an explosive way to put Bond in a situation he never had the chance to face, while at the same time following his on decisions in the last movie. That alone should be exciting. The hero of the movie is James Bond. Who cares if for one movie out of 25 and counting the premise is that he's not 007 anymore. Doesn't mean they're making Bond less Bond.

    To be fair, it did actually happen in movie no. 20 as well, but these folk prefer to ignore that because somehow "it's different" :D

    Yeah, I mean, he’s not 007 anymore and he’s been replaced. Because that’s the core of all this nonsense.

    Because MI6 were supposed to shut down when he left! :D
  • Posts: 2,922
    To clarify - when I suggest "it is 2019" I am not doing so to mock or moan at Hollywood and its franchises creative decisions. I am suggesting "it is 2019" to people and their rather opinions that really should not be publicly aired.
    You're talking about censorship @CatchingBullets? That could go either way depending on who is in control on deciding what should be discussed and what should not. I think you might be in favour of China's dystopian social credit system too.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    @bondsum I completely understand, your opinion is fair, and I watched the video before it was even posted on here. I wouldn't say they didn't introduce another 007 replacement in SF because it not being a good idea, it may have cluttered the narrative, who knows?

    ...but it makes more sense that we would see them now because it's five years between this film and when Madeleine and 007 rode off at the end. It had only been three months between Bond being shot and coming back. Think about it, they'd have to train someone to be a 00 and get them their first two kills before you could bring them in for Skyfall AFTER losing one of their best agents, getting pressure from the PM and the British government and then being attacked, and also it wasn't needed because the story was more personal to M, and was about Bond becoming 007 again.

    It makes more narrative sense in this film, and with the stakes seemingly much higher in this film than in Skyfall, why shouldn't the new 007 be involved?
    Cheers, buddy. Personally, I'd have been fine with Lashana Lynch’s role being an undercover CIA agent in Jamaica. It's not Lynch’s presence in the movie I dislike, it's the idea that Bond's 007 prefix has been awarded to another agent that I detest. You'll find no comments from me calling Lynch ugly or a terrible actress in any of my 1000+ posts. With regards to there being high stakes, I can't answer that one without knowing more about the movie.
  • ResurrectionResurrection You don't need to be an operative to see the obvious
    Posts: 1,273
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    If her race/gender have nothing to do with it, why are you saying these so-called 'SJW's would be interested in it?

    I can't make it more clear than that

    Okay, so you are saying you have a problem with her race and gender. Gotcha.
    mtm wrote: »
    Are you saying you think they're trying to launch a new series and replace Bond as the lead? I genuinely can't understand what you're trying to say.

    You are always confuse, read it completely then you might be able to understand.
    I said "If" they try to make her 007 or replace bond or Nomi as 007.

    Why on earth are you worried about that? They're not replacing Bond. You're worried about something entirely in your own head. And you seem to be scared of it, which is even more worrying.
    I never said that, you are the one always assuming things. I have no issue with her gender/race.

    But you think it's pandering to these SJWs because of her race/gender, clearly, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. And you have a problem with that. So clearly there is a race/gender problem here for you.
    I simply stated an idea if they make a film/Netflix series on her I would be okay with it. Learn to read .

    And what's that got to do with anything? If you have no problem with a new character, what's the issue? She's not replacing James Bond.

    Sorry can't make it more clearer than that, if you can't understand it it's your problem not mine. Not responding you anymore. Bye :-h

    I think if you can't justify or explain your thoughts without confronting that they come from a place of prejudice, then it really is your problem rather than mine. You're going to find it harder and harder to live in this world if you can't accept people of colour and different genders.

    Same here...good luck

    'Same here'..? Yeah, I was describing you... ?
    Is English your first language? Genuine question.

    I said same here because I was suggesting the same thing you suggested to me, you ignored my comments and take out chunks of it and start criticising me by calling me racist. When I have clarified many times that I am not. Just because I don't get along with you does that means I will find it harder and harder to live with others. You are the one kept pushing me to explain everything why should I explain everything to you ? who are you? It's you who needed to understand when someone politely ask you that they don't want to talk to you anymore. It's called living peacefully by having different opinions. You have a harder time living with people if you start name calling or put any childish remark on them or pushing them to comment if they don't want to respond to you.
  • mtmmtm
    Posts: 668
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    If her race/gender have nothing to do with it, why are you saying these so-called 'SJW's would be interested in it?

    I can't make it more clear than that

    Okay, so you are saying you have a problem with her race and gender. Gotcha.
    mtm wrote: »
    Are you saying you think they're trying to launch a new series and replace Bond as the lead? I genuinely can't understand what you're trying to say.

    You are always confuse, read it completely then you might be able to understand.
    I said "If" they try to make her 007 or replace bond or Nomi as 007.

    Why on earth are you worried about that? They're not replacing Bond. You're worried about something entirely in your own head. And you seem to be scared of it, which is even more worrying.
    I never said that, you are the one always assuming things. I have no issue with her gender/race.

    But you think it's pandering to these SJWs because of her race/gender, clearly, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. And you have a problem with that. So clearly there is a race/gender problem here for you.
    I simply stated an idea if they make a film/Netflix series on her I would be okay with it. Learn to read .

    And what's that got to do with anything? If you have no problem with a new character, what's the issue? She's not replacing James Bond.

    Sorry can't make it more clearer than that, if you can't understand it it's your problem not mine. Not responding you anymore. Bye :-h

    I think if you can't justify or explain your thoughts without confronting that they come from a place of prejudice, then it really is your problem rather than mine. You're going to find it harder and harder to live in this world if you can't accept people of colour and different genders.

    Same here...good luck

    'Same here'..? Yeah, I was describing you... ?
    Is English your first language? Genuine question.

    I said same here because I was suggesting the same thing you suggested to me, you ignored my comments and take out chunks of it and start criticising me by calling me racist. When I have clarified many times that I am not. Just because I don't get along with you does that means I will find it harder and harder to live with others. You are the one kept pushing me to explain everything why should I explain everything to you ? who are you? It's you who needed to understand when someone politely ask you that they don't want to talk to you anymore. It's called living peacefully by having different opinions. You have a harder time living with people if you start name calling or put any childish remark on them or pushing them to comment if they don't want to respond to you.
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    If her race/gender have nothing to do with it, why are you saying these so-called 'SJW's would be interested in it?

    I can't make it more clear than that

    Okay, so you are saying you have a problem with her race and gender. Gotcha.
    mtm wrote: »
    Are you saying you think they're trying to launch a new series and replace Bond as the lead? I genuinely can't understand what you're trying to say.

    You are always confuse, read it completely then you might be able to understand.
    I said "If" they try to make her 007 or replace bond or Nomi as 007.

    Why on earth are you worried about that? They're not replacing Bond. You're worried about something entirely in your own head. And you seem to be scared of it, which is even more worrying.
    I never said that, you are the one always assuming things. I have no issue with her gender/race.

    But you think it's pandering to these SJWs because of her race/gender, clearly, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. And you have a problem with that. So clearly there is a race/gender problem here for you.
    I simply stated an idea if they make a film/Netflix series on her I would be okay with it. Learn to read .

    And what's that got to do with anything? If you have no problem with a new character, what's the issue? She's not replacing James Bond.

    Sorry can't make it more clearer than that, if you can't understand it it's your problem not mine. Not responding you anymore. Bye :-h

    I think if you can't justify or explain your thoughts without confronting that they come from a place of prejudice, then it really is your problem rather than mine. You're going to find it harder and harder to live in this world if you can't accept people of colour and different genders.

    Same here...good luck

    'Same here'..? Yeah, I was describing you... ?
    Is English your first language? Genuine question.

    I said same here because I was suggesting the same thing you suggested to me, you ignored my comments and take out chunks of it and start criticising me by calling me racist. When I have clarified many times that I am not. Just because I don't get along with you does that means I will find it harder and harder to live with others. You are the one kept pushing me to explain everything why should I explain everything to you ? who are you? It's you who needed to understand when someone politely ask you that they don't want to talk to you anymore. It's called living peacefully by having different opinions. You have a harder time living with people if you start name calling or put any childish remark on them or pushing them to comment if they don't want to respond to you.

    I just asked you to explain but you refuse; you don't have to explain but then you're the one choosing to give your opinions here. It seems strange to sudden to refuse to explain them. You use this language like 'SJWs' etc. and then say you're not prejudiced... it's all a bit contradictory. If you think you're not acting from a place of prejudice, then fine. I'm finding it hard to believe from what you've said so far, but as you say: it's your problem rather than mine.
  • ResurrectionResurrection You don't need to be an operative to see the obvious
    Posts: 1,273
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    If her race/gender have nothing to do with it, why are you saying these so-called 'SJW's would be interested in it?

    I can't make it more clear than that

    Okay, so you are saying you have a problem with her race and gender. Gotcha.
    mtm wrote: »
    Are you saying you think they're trying to launch a new series and replace Bond as the lead? I genuinely can't understand what you're trying to say.

    You are always confuse, read it completely then you might be able to understand.
    I said "If" they try to make her 007 or replace bond or Nomi as 007.

    Why on earth are you worried about that? They're not replacing Bond. You're worried about something entirely in your own head. And you seem to be scared of it, which is even more worrying.
    I never said that, you are the one always assuming things. I have no issue with her gender/race.

    But you think it's pandering to these SJWs because of her race/gender, clearly, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. And you have a problem with that. So clearly there is a race/gender problem here for you.
    I simply stated an idea if they make a film/Netflix series on her I would be okay with it. Learn to read .

    And what's that got to do with anything? If you have no problem with a new character, what's the issue? She's not replacing James Bond.

    Sorry can't make it more clearer than that, if you can't understand it it's your problem not mine. Not responding you anymore. Bye :-h

    I think if you can't justify or explain your thoughts without confronting that they come from a place of prejudice, then it really is your problem rather than mine. You're going to find it harder and harder to live in this world if you can't accept people of colour and different genders.

    Same here...good luck

    'Same here'..? Yeah, I was describing you... ?
    Is English your first language? Genuine question.

    I said same here because I was suggesting the same thing you suggested to me, you ignored my comments and take out chunks of it and start criticising me by calling me racist. When I have clarified many times that I am not. Just because I don't get along with you does that means I will find it harder and harder to live with others. You are the one kept pushing me to explain everything why should I explain everything to you ? who are you? It's you who needed to understand when someone politely ask you that they don't want to talk to you anymore. It's called living peacefully by having different opinions. You have a harder time living with people if you start name calling or put any childish remark on them or pushing them to comment if they don't want to respond to you.
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    If her race/gender have nothing to do with it, why are you saying these so-called 'SJW's would be interested in it?

    I can't make it more clear than that

    Okay, so you are saying you have a problem with her race and gender. Gotcha.
    mtm wrote: »
    Are you saying you think they're trying to launch a new series and replace Bond as the lead? I genuinely can't understand what you're trying to say.

    You are always confuse, read it completely then you might be able to understand.
    I said "If" they try to make her 007 or replace bond or Nomi as 007.

    Why on earth are you worried about that? They're not replacing Bond. You're worried about something entirely in your own head. And you seem to be scared of it, which is even more worrying.
    I never said that, you are the one always assuming things. I have no issue with her gender/race.

    But you think it's pandering to these SJWs because of her race/gender, clearly, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. And you have a problem with that. So clearly there is a race/gender problem here for you.
    I simply stated an idea if they make a film/Netflix series on her I would be okay with it. Learn to read .

    And what's that got to do with anything? If you have no problem with a new character, what's the issue? She's not replacing James Bond.

    Sorry can't make it more clearer than that, if you can't understand it it's your problem not mine. Not responding you anymore. Bye :-h

    I think if you can't justify or explain your thoughts without confronting that they come from a place of prejudice, then it really is your problem rather than mine. You're going to find it harder and harder to live in this world if you can't accept people of colour and different genders.

    Same here...good luck

    'Same here'..? Yeah, I was describing you... ?
    Is English your first language? Genuine question.

    I said same here because I was suggesting the same thing you suggested to me, you ignored my comments and take out chunks of it and start criticising me by calling me racist. When I have clarified many times that I am not. Just because I don't get along with you does that means I will find it harder and harder to live with others. You are the one kept pushing me to explain everything why should I explain everything to you ? who are you? It's you who needed to understand when someone politely ask you that they don't want to talk to you anymore. It's called living peacefully by having different opinions. You have a harder time living with people if you start name calling or put any childish remark on them or pushing them to comment if they don't want to respond to you.

    I just asked you to explain but you refuse; you don't have to explain but then you're the one choosing to give your opinions here. It seems strange to sudden to refuse to explain them. You use this language like 'SJWs' etc. and then say you're not prejudiced... it's all a bit contradictory. If you think you're not acting from a place of prejudice, then fine. I'm finding it hard to believe from what you've said so far, but as you say: it's your problem rather than mine.

    I refuse to explain because I explain it Many times but you choose to ignore and keep asking again & again to annoy me. But its your problem rather than mine. I will keep posting my opinions here but I won't justify to members like you.
  • ResurrectionResurrection You don't need to be an operative to see the obvious
    Posts: 1,273
    barryt007 wrote: »
    aaaf57fb75446f20ff5aab3505d54010.jpg

    Thank you for that ;)
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    Posts: 269
    bondsum wrote: »
    To clarify - when I suggest "it is 2019" I am not doing so to mock or moan at Hollywood and its franchises creative decisions. I am suggesting "it is 2019" to people and their rather opinions that really should not be publicly aired.
    You're talking about censorship @CatchingBullets? That could go either way depending on who is in control on deciding what should be discussed and what should not. I think you might be in favour of China's dystopian social credit system too.

    I think the old youth parlance "whatever" is most useful here.

  • Posts: 593
    mtm wrote: »
    I think, to be fair, a big factor in her casting was that Stella Rimmington had been the real-life head of MI5 just prior to the Bond films returning, and they were making a nod towards that.
    Because -and it'll be a shock to some of you- women are actually spies too! :)
    But you know very well a lot of the people are annoyed not because Nomi is a spy (I mean... Paula Caplan existed in the 60's... Agent Triple X existed in the 70's...) but the idea of her taking the 007 away from Bond.

    I for one am all for badass Bond girls with a backbone rather than meek princesses that need to be saved. But I'm in a wait and see approach with this making her 007 thing, and whether it will work the way they intend it to.

  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    edited July 15 Posts: 858
    Well said @CatchingBullets.
    Also, just a quick reminder of the Community Guidelines, to which you each agreed to when you signed up: Racism and sexism will not be tolerated here and if you feel that you can’t participate in discussion without making racist or sexist remarks, feel free to leave, or we’ll do it for you.
  • mtmmtm
    edited July 15 Posts: 668
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    If her race/gender have nothing to do with it, why are you saying these so-called 'SJW's would be interested in it?

    I can't make it more clear than that

    Okay, so you are saying you have a problem with her race and gender. Gotcha.
    mtm wrote: »
    Are you saying you think they're trying to launch a new series and replace Bond as the lead? I genuinely can't understand what you're trying to say.

    You are always confuse, read it completely then you might be able to understand.
    I said "If" they try to make her 007 or replace bond or Nomi as 007.

    Why on earth are you worried about that? They're not replacing Bond. You're worried about something entirely in your own head. And you seem to be scared of it, which is even more worrying.
    I never said that, you are the one always assuming things. I have no issue with her gender/race.

    But you think it's pandering to these SJWs because of her race/gender, clearly, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. And you have a problem with that. So clearly there is a race/gender problem here for you.
    I simply stated an idea if they make a film/Netflix series on her I would be okay with it. Learn to read .

    And what's that got to do with anything? If you have no problem with a new character, what's the issue? She's not replacing James Bond.

    Sorry can't make it more clearer than that, if you can't understand it it's your problem not mine. Not responding you anymore. Bye :-h

    I think if you can't justify or explain your thoughts without confronting that they come from a place of prejudice, then it really is your problem rather than mine. You're going to find it harder and harder to live in this world if you can't accept people of colour and different genders.

    Same here...good luck

    'Same here'..? Yeah, I was describing you... ?
    Is English your first language? Genuine question.

    I said same here because I was suggesting the same thing you suggested to me, you ignored my comments and take out chunks of it and start criticising me by calling me racist. When I have clarified many times that I am not. Just because I don't get along with you does that means I will find it harder and harder to live with others. You are the one kept pushing me to explain everything why should I explain everything to you ? who are you? It's you who needed to understand when someone politely ask you that they don't want to talk to you anymore. It's called living peacefully by having different opinions. You have a harder time living with people if you start name calling or put any childish remark on them or pushing them to comment if they don't want to respond to you.
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    If her race/gender have nothing to do with it, why are you saying these so-called 'SJW's would be interested in it?

    I can't make it more clear than that

    Okay, so you are saying you have a problem with her race and gender. Gotcha.
    mtm wrote: »
    Are you saying you think they're trying to launch a new series and replace Bond as the lead? I genuinely can't understand what you're trying to say.

    You are always confuse, read it completely then you might be able to understand.
    I said "If" they try to make her 007 or replace bond or Nomi as 007.

    Why on earth are you worried about that? They're not replacing Bond. You're worried about something entirely in your own head. And you seem to be scared of it, which is even more worrying.
    I never said that, you are the one always assuming things. I have no issue with her gender/race.

    But you think it's pandering to these SJWs because of her race/gender, clearly, otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it. And you have a problem with that. So clearly there is a race/gender problem here for you.
    I simply stated an idea if they make a film/Netflix series on her I would be okay with it. Learn to read .

    And what's that got to do with anything? If you have no problem with a new character, what's the issue? She's not replacing James Bond.

    Sorry can't make it more clearer than that, if you can't understand it it's your problem not mine. Not responding you anymore. Bye :-h

    I think if you can't justify or explain your thoughts without confronting that they come from a place of prejudice, then it really is your problem rather than mine. You're going to find it harder and harder to live in this world if you can't accept people of colour and different genders.

    Same here...good luck

    'Same here'..? Yeah, I was describing you... ?
    Is English your first language? Genuine question.

    I said same here because I was suggesting the same thing you suggested to me, you ignored my comments and take out chunks of it and start criticising me by calling me racist. When I have clarified many times that I am not. Just because I don't get along with you does that means I will find it harder and harder to live with others. You are the one kept pushing me to explain everything why should I explain everything to you ? who are you? It's you who needed to understand when someone politely ask you that they don't want to talk to you anymore. It's called living peacefully by having different opinions. You have a harder time living with people if you start name calling or put any childish remark on them or pushing them to comment if they don't want to respond to you.

    I just asked you to explain but you refuse; you don't have to explain but then you're the one choosing to give your opinions here. It seems strange to sudden to refuse to explain them. You use this language like 'SJWs' etc. and then say you're not prejudiced... it's all a bit contradictory. If you think you're not acting from a place of prejudice, then fine. I'm finding it hard to believe from what you've said so far, but as you say: it's your problem rather than mine.

    I refuse to explain because I explain it Many times but you choose to ignore and keep asking again & again to annoy me. But its your problem rather than mine. I will keep posting my opinions here but I won't justify to members like you.

    Not to annoy you; I asked because I don't understand what you claim are your reasons. You say it's nothing to do with race or gender, but then you complain it's being done to appease 'SJW's, presumably because of her race and/or gender. It doesn't make sense. You won't justify because you can't.
Sign In or Register to comment.