No Time to Die production thread

Comments

This “cloning Vesper” stuff is the dumbest thing yet. Ain’t gonna happen.

If Vesper was cloned in 2006, her clone would be 14 years old in 2020.

Y’all understand, don’t you, that clones have to be born and grow up, just like any other mammal?
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    CraterGuns wrote: »

Y’all understand, don’t you, that clones have to be born and grow up, just like any other mammal?

=))
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    Could the London scenes be set at the very end of the film?

I am confused too. I am left wondering where the climax will occur. Will there be another London based final confrontation?

The London scenes appear to be the start of the third act.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 4,400

I'm utterly baffled by the "cloning" rumours. Firstly, it's more speculation than actual rumours.

If Eva Green were to return (and I'm thinking it's looking more likely) she will probably not appear in flashbacks. But instead dream sequences or even the main-title sequence.

The think that baffles me the most is the 'young Madeleine' sequence. I'm praying that Malek isn't connected to her in anyway. It whiffs so strongly of Spectre. If they go down the "she killed my Dad and I wants revenge" route I'd be annoyed. Especially if Felix turns up with a mission that just so happens to be connected to Malek. Though I will now confess that this is looking more likely.................

Here's my take on the order:
    1. Cold opening in 1990's of Madeleine and Mr White. (Will Jesper Christen be digitally de-aged?)
    2. Main-titles
    3. Madeleine in 2015 about to get married. Before Malek comes looking for revenge.
    4. Bond in 2020 having now retired in Jamaica.
    5. The mission to save the scientist in Cuba
    6. Bond's return to London
    7. The finale in Norway
    Is Jesper coming back,i haven't heard anything about him in the casting situation ?
    edited July 2019 Posts: 3,497

I'm utterly baffled by the "cloning" rumours. Firstly, it's more speculation than actual rumours.

If Eva Green were to return (and I'm thinking it's looking more likely) she will probably not appear in flashbacks. But instead dream sequences or even the main-title sequence.

The think that baffles me the most is the 'young Madeleine' sequence. I'm praying that Malek isn't connected to her in anyway. It whiffs so strongly of Spectre. If they go down the "she killed my Dad and I wants revenge" route I'd be annoyed. Especially if Felix turns up with a mission that just so happens to be connected to Malek. Though I will now confess that this is looking more likely.................

1. Cold opening in 1990's of Madeleine and Mr White. (Will Jesper Christen be digitally de-aged?)
    2. Main-titles
    3. Madeleine in 2015 about to get married. Before Malek comes looking for revenge.
    7. The finale in Norway

I'm betting that we'll see Bond visiting her grave. "After Bond pays tribute to an old flame"...

He makes a pilgrimage to it every year in the novels... And then, the whining will start (about that too): BUT IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN FRANCE!!!!
    JamesCraig wrote: »

2. Main-titles
    7. The finale in Norway

I'm betting that we'll see Bond visiting her grave. "After Bond pays tribute to an old flame"...

He makes a pilgrimage to it every year in the novels... And then, the whining will start (about that too): BUT IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN FRANCE!!!!

I'm not quite buying the rumour that the film will see Bond visit Vesper's grave. All press reports indicate that Bond and Madeleine are in Matera to get married. it's only MI6-HQ who are saying the thing about Vesper's grave and they have been wrong more often than not.......

The wedding is almost a certainty. Remember that the Spectre script originally ended with Bond saying "we have all the time in the world" to Madeleine.

spectre-madeleine-swann-1240111.jpg
  • RC7RC7

2. Main-titles
    7. The finale in Norway

The PTS is Matera.
  • manovermanover uk
    The italy locale looks stunning...i do hope its features more than just pretitles..would be a shame to have it in for only 10 mins of the movie.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    edited July 2019 Posts: 138
    It would be more original if Bond doesn't get married to Swan but instead she could be pregnant and they lost their child after a violent car chase with the Spectre agents and then they decide to break up. The end could take place at Skyfall: Swan and Bond visit the child's grave next to the Bond parents's.
    But if the movie takes the wedding option and it's well done why not after all.

2. Main-titles
    7. The finale in Norway

I'm not quite buying the rumour that the film will see Bond visit Vesper's grave. All press reports indicate that Bond and Madeleine are in Matera to get married. it's only MI6-HQ who are saying the thing about Vesper's grave and they have been wrong more often than not.......

The wedding is almost a certainty. Remember that the Spectre script originally ended with Bond saying "we have all the time in the world" to Madeleine.

So the "press" is more reliable than MI6?

I [-(

2. Main-titles
    7. The finale in Norway

And the original plan for OHMSS was a happy ending with Bond and Tracey getting married and driving off into the sunset (with that crane shot rising up thru the hanging flowers as the DBS speeds away), and then the idea was the PTS of DAF would pick up from the end scene and have Tracey killed by Blofeld. So, perhaps, that's the plan for Bond 25.
    S
    Shardlake wrote: »
    How anyone can advocate Brosnan and think Craig is less an actor. Some need spelt out in capitals or just so tied to the larger than life Bond who swans around like a playboy enjoying every second of what he's doing.
    Why do you have to drag Brosnan to make your point about another poster?

Why dragging any other Bond actor for that matter?

This thread is off the rails, again.

And indeed, where does all this "CLONING IS DA MAIN PLOT POINT" crap come from?
    @JamesCraig where it comes from? Fan w*nk. And it's only the beginning. After a clone of Vesper, Madeleine and Blofeld, get ready for a clone of James Bond. To ease in the next actor of course: Bond dies at the end of thus film, only to be cloned for Bond 26. I call this the clone name theory.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Ludovico wrote: »
    S
    How anyone can advocate Brosnan and think Craig is less an actor. Some need spelt out in capitals or just so tied to the larger than life Bond who swans around like a playboy enjoying every second of what he's doing.

@JamesCraig where it comes from? Fan w*nk. And it's only the beginning. After a clone of Vesper, Madeleine and Blofeld, get ready for a clone of James Bond. To ease in the next actor of course: Bond dies at the end of thus film, only to be cloned for Bond 26. I call this the clone name theory.

You might be on to something! :-O
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 6,677
    S

Nice. Code name theory made modern ;)
    Fans are insane.
    Univex wrote: »
    S

Nice. Code name theory made modern ;)
    Fans are insane.
    Maybe I'm being unfair to them. I mean yes, a Vesper or Madeleine clone to play with Bond's mind is fair game, as is a Blofeld clone as main villain, but a Bond clone, that would be taking things too far.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited July 2019 Posts: 7,980
    The whole clone thing started with speculation as to the identity of the young girl being chased on the frozen lake; initially, and I think the most plausible, it was suggested that she is a young Madeleine and the sequence a flashback. Then , building on the genetic warfare element of the script, it was speculated that the young girl was a clone of Madeleine who’s DNA would have been used by SPECTRE in the late 90’s for there nefarious experiments.
    As far as the Vesper clone ideas, I have no idea where this came from.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Three pieces of hot news...
    1) They will film in Scotland this month. At least Fukunaga will travel there.

2) The Valhalla will be in Italy this summer for the chase.

3) The Cuban chase is not finished, that's why they will be back to it in October. During this huge scene, Bond is wearing a black dinner jacket and tries to "rescue" Paloma with Nomi.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    ggl007 wrote: »

3) The Cuban chase is not finished, that's why they will be back to it in October. During this huge scene, Bond is wearing a black dinner jacket and tries to "rescue" Paloma with Nomi.

Awesome. Thank you @ggl007

Woah!!!
    1. I suspect that they could be using Scotland as either the venue for a funeral (either Bond or Madeleine’s). Alternatively, it could be used for plates for the exteriors of Porton Down. They would not be allowed to film anywhere near the actual location, so it would need to be rebuilt or created with CGI.

2. I have a feeling that Bond won’t be involved in the Matera sequences after all. We could very well see the first big action set piece belong to the new 007 in the Valhalla. Nomi gets the big PTS intro. Maybe there is an early fake out with Q trying to patch in to”007” only for it to be revealed that he is speaking to Nomi.

3. So my dreams of Ana De Armas being a bad girl are fading. Perhaps she is the kidnapped scientist. But if that is the case does it mean that De Armas’s inherent sex appeal will be toned down?!? They don’t want another Denise Richards situation on their hands. I recently saw the Knives Out trailer and somehow they made her look dowdy.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-02-at-6.54.08-PM.png

@ggl007 Do you have much idea if the young Madeleine theory is true? If Ana De Armas is the kidnapped scientist it would suggest that it is true. As many believe the the little girl is the kindapped scientist's daughter. Ana would probably be too young to have a 15 year old daughter.

Wow! Thanks for the scoops. Much appreciated.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

Woah!!!
    1. I suspect that they could be using Scotland as either the venue for a funeral (either Bond or Madeleine’s). Alternatively, it could be used for plates for the exteriors of Porton Down. They would not be allowed to film anywhere near the actual location, so it would need to be rebuilt or created with CGI.

2. I have a feeling that Bond won’t be involved in the Matera sequences after all. We could very well see the first big action set piece belong to the new 007 in the Valhalla. Nomi gets the big PTS intro. Maybe there is an early fake out with Q trying to patch in to”007” only for it to be revealed that he is speaking to Nomi.

3. So my dreams of Ana De Armas being a bad girl are fading. Perhaps she is the kidnapped scientist. But if that is the case does it mean that De Armas’s inherent sex appeal will be toned down?!? They don’t want another Denise Richards situation on their hands. I recently saw the Knives Out trailer and somehow they made her look dowdy.

@ggl007 Do you have much idea if the young Madeleine theory is true? If Ana De Armas is the kidnapped scientist it would suggest that it is true. As many believe the the little girl is the kindapped scientist's daughter. Ana would probably be too young to have a 15 year old daughter.

I dont think that Ana plays scientist as she says that she is badass character and it's not in favour of her as kidnapped scientist. I think she is Cuban agent who helps Felix and James to find and free scientist, but probably she was arrested by Cubans.
    We know the DB5 is back in action again, (continuing from the end of SP) and after that Bond drives the V8, so I'm betting ...
    ... the PTS is Bond & Swann and the car chase featuring the DB5 in Italy and the sequence may feature Spectre agents and an Mi6 agent who pops up again later in the film.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I want a cuban Fiona Volpe :(
    Pavlo wrote: »

Woah!!!

I dont think that Ana plays scientist as she says that she is badass character and it's not in favour of her as kidnapped scientist. I think she is Cuban agent who helps Felix and James to find and free scientist, but probably she was arrested by Cubans.

Nope. I've only heard Ana describe her character as sensitive and vulnerable. Lashana said her character is a bad-ass.

Hence, the Nomi becoming the new 007 theory.

It's already been confirmed by Barbara Broccoli that Paloma is an ally.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,293
    I was trying to find a quote from David Dencik because I'm sure there was a quote saying he'll play the scientist (or might I remember wrong, @Zekidk?)

However, when reading through an article from April, there was a little piece of interesting info re. Dencik:
    Something that is clear is that Dencik goes to Jamaica next week to start filming. It will be a total of ten weeks.

https://www.kuriren.nu/kultur-noje/dencik-hedrande-att-gora-bondfilm-nm5089009.aspx
    That first bit I've read before, but the part about ten weeks was new to me. Maybe an indication on how big a role he has?
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine

Woah!!!

Nope. I've only heard Ana describe her character as sensitive and vulnerable. Lashana said her character is a bad-ass.

I'll find video of Ana saying that she plays badass and show in the thread.

Woah!!!

I'll find video of Ana saying that she plays badass and show in the thread.

Good luck.

Because it doesn't exist.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    If Matera/Gravina de Puglia only feature for the PTS, that’ll be a huge let down.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2019 Posts: 5,869
    @Pierce2Daniel When did Barbara say she was an ally? Was it in a video or an article?

Either way she's going to give a great performance. She's a great actress, as well as Lashana Lynch, who I think is going to turn the heads of quite a few Bond fans :)