No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    mtm wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Nice to have Guitars and Horns back in a Bond score.

It does sound lovely and full-blooded, although they were there before: I was just saying on the music thread how the Bond theme that the podcast ends on appears to be new, but sounds extremely like Newman's arrangement of it when the helicopters descend to capture Silva on his island from Skyfall- I don't recall any other composer using the guitar to play the vamp of the Bond theme before, as it does here.

My sentiments exactly!!!!
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Loved this audio track- thank you. I had a very nice N.Peal NTTD catalogue arrive this morning, sadly nothing new in there. Wondered had any other former N.Peal purchasers received this?

I ordered the N Peal Commando Sweater, it arrived today but in a standard N Peal box. Not too happy so rang them up and theyre sending my the proper box. A bit disappointing but at least the sweater is really nice.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Nice one @phantomvices !

Does anyone else think we might be hearing the gun barrel score with that outro?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    DCisared wrote: »
    Nice one @phantomvices !

Does anyone else think we might be hearing the gun barrel score with that outro?

I don't think so. I know it's been looped, but even without that looped part it would be too long.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    mtm wrote: »
    DCisared wrote: »
    Nice one @phantomvices !

I don't think so. I know it's been looped, but even without that looped part it would be too long.

Hmm perhaps you’re right mate B-)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

EjKjBV4WAAAR5vw?format=jpg&name=medium

It only just dawned on me that we'll see the return of motorcycle henchmen chasing Bond. Can't wait.

Contraband wrote: »
    DHL BTS is coming, I think. It says:

"Stay tuned for our new action-packed ad as a DHL courier navigates the streets of Shanghai. This Friday, head to @007 to find out more... #NoTimeToDie in cinemas this November #JamesBond #DHL"

Another upload "As the Official Logistics Partner of NO TIME TO DIE, we gave one DHL courier an important assignment. This Friday, head to @007 to find out if he successfully completed it. #NoTimeToDie in cinemas this November #JamesBond #DHL"

DHL 007 plane with sticker:

50400839463_cb9c1e916e_o.png
    50401530251_e3df68ed1c_o.png
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    QBranch wrote: »

EjKjBV4WAAAR5vw?format=jpg&name=medium

It only just dawned on me that we'll see the return of motorcycle henchmen chasing Bond. Can't wait.

DHL BTS is coming, I think. It says:

"Stay tuned for our new action-packed ad as a DHL courier navigates the streets of Shanghai. This Friday, head to @007 to find out more... #NoTimeToDie in cinemas this November #JamesBond #DHL"

Another upload "As the Official Logistics Partner of NO TIME TO DIE, we gave one DHL courier an important assignment. This Friday, head to @007 to find out if he successfully completed it. #NoTimeToDie in cinemas this November #JamesBond #DHL"

DHL 007 plane with sticker:

50400839463_cb9c1e916e_o.png
    50401530251_e3df68ed1c_o.png

Great find with the model plane still.

//

And for those who would like to know:

Matera: Primo's bike - Triumph Scrambler 1200, Scotland: henchman bike - Triumph Tiger 900. Both new 2020 models

Primo aka Dali Benssalah's stunt rider double: Paul 'Fast Eddy' Edmondson (also Craig's double > bike jump over the Matera wall)

Pictured henchman rider in Scotland: stuntman Alistair Whitton
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I didn't find the photo, that's my custom model.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 3,018
    QBranch wrote: »
    I didn't find the photo, that's my custom model.

Aah... Can I tweet it? With the usual cred?

Also, from my collection in case you want them as separate stills

Ge7s9Yv.jpg
    IjlFzHa.jpg
    qyJVdrH.jpg
    Vogue Mexico: Interview with Ana in spanish (translation needed if there's anything new).

https://www.vogue.mx/estilo-de-vida/articulo/ana-de-armas-biografia-de-la-actriz-y-sus-mejores-peliculas

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Spoilers so gonna tag this...some thoughts on the podcast
    1. love how much they're really talking around Lynch as 007... and 2. 'tragic love story', surely hinting at Bond not getting such a happy ending in this one
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Kind of baffling really. Why not try and add some value through the design, make it classy? Just writing the names of the films on.. I don't quite get it. I'm sure that's all they gave them in the style guide, but still...
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 17,270
    Agree @mtm. For a high-end product, it looks… tacky.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I must admit I'm not sure I've ever seen any high end product (i.e. the sort of thing James Bond would actually own himself!) enhanced by any 007 branding. It just never works. The watches look nasty and cheap with gunbarrels on them, the perfume looks silly, the champagne looks rubbish. 007 himself is classy, but his brand isn't. 007 TM indeed! :D

The only time I like Bond products is when they embrace the silliness: I bought a great Moonraker T-shirt from 007.com with a big '79 Roger poster on it, I love my Zorin tee etc. That most recent Aston Martin special edition actually knew to have a bit of fun with it, putting the gadget control panel in the armrest and targets on the gearshifts- I think that might be the only way it works. Weird, isn't it? He's the classiest guy in cinema, but his logo and its associations is kind of the naffest!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2020 Posts: 5,869

"FINALLYYYYYYY “no time to die” music video out tomorrow at 9am pt @007 !!!!!!!!!"
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Looking forward to seeing some visuals for the song. Some new footage will probably debut as well.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    It’s pretty sad that Cary stopped to post things on IG. Probably he just wants to move on from Bond.
    Denbigh wrote: »

"FINALLYYYYYYY “no time to die” music video out tomorrow at 9am pt @007 !!!!!!!!!"

9am PST = That would be London 17:00 GMT ?
    Correct (though London is still in BST)
    antovolk wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »

Thanks.

Time zones
    09:00 (Los Angeles)
    12:00 (New York)
    17:00 (London)
    18:00 (Sweden)
    Oct. 2: 02:00 (Sydney, Australia)
    Am I the only one who's still getting that damn hacker message, f***** up the posting here. Have to reload and reload and reload..
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2020 Posts: 5,869
    This music video should be really good promotion, Billie's content always blows up :)
    Also the link for the video premiere is already up.

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Am I the only one who's still getting that damn hacker message, f***** up the posting here. Have to reload and reload and reload..

I am too. What gives?
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

I am too. What gives?

MI6 needs to fix it ASAP. Damn irritating
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,554

Me too @Contraband.
    TripAces wrote: »

Me too @Contraband.

Ok. Good, not just me then. Just sent a DM to mod
    https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a34225716/james-bond-no-time-to-die-daniel-craig-storylines/

Speaking on the first episode of the official James Bond podcast, Broccoli revealed: "There's a few lines that are in the script that Bond fans will love from the books.

Love the sound of this!