No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    matt_u wrote: »
    As far as I know the glove story is true.

Good alternative title there: Glove Story.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I was really looking forward to the Valhalla to appear in a groundbreaking action scene....with Bond in a suit & the Bond theme playing out loud. It seems the DB5 & V8 are the only Cars that have serious roles in the film. I wonder if the Valhalla reminded Eon of the Invisible Car though....not by design, maybe they felt it was too outlandish.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Why people still want to talk up negative stuff about NTTD, even if the director says, he is happy with the finished film, and having Craig saying, that he is very happy and content with the outcome, is beyond me. The movie was ready to hit the screen four weeks before the delay (the reason being, now we all know, being the Covid pandemia) was announced. I understand people getting impatient beacause it will be 5 years since SP, I also want to watch it, I am eagerly awaiting November. But at least we know, the film is done. Whether be it November, is not in the hands of EON, this (and not only this), but depends on the Covid situation.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited April 2020 Posts: 14,861
    talos7 wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    While listening to a French podcast (in the presence of a visual effects technician who worked on the movie), I had confirmation that the Aston Martin Valhalla will be replaced by the Superlegerra in the film. The scene was filmed with the Valhalla but the producers didn't like the design of the car. This was done in postproduction, a CGI Superlegerra was added digitally. It would be on the sequence seen in the trailer where Nomi stops next to Bond.

I don't know if I'm believing that.

I guess one thing which could be in its favour is that the DBS was revealed to be in the film very late in the process (wasn't it on James Bond Day?) which did seem a bit odd.

Speaking of digital effects replacing things, is that story about Craig's gloves being replaced by digital hands in Skyfall definitely true? Because when I watch that scene it's almost impossible to believe. It might be just in the shot in the Jellyfish sequence where he pockets his gun? Because after that he is wearing gloves.

Do I believe that the Valhalla will be/has been digitally replaced, no, not necessarily, but it is not beyond belief.
    “Invisible “, uncredited digital tweaking in films is very common, and big business. Most of it consists of subtle “facelifts “ and wrinkle remover on actors and actresses.
    As far as realistically rendering a vehicle in post, it’s done to perfection frequently. MI:RN,and Mad Max: RF are just two examples.

And car ads do it frequently too. Check this out from a few years ago (if you haven't seen it it is a genuinely amazing clip!):

Silly James Bond people building new DB5s! :D
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    While listening to a French podcast (in the presence of a visual effects technician who worked on the movie), I had confirmation that the Aston Martin Valhalla will be replaced by the Superlegerra in the film. The scene was filmed with the Valhalla but the producers didn't like the design of the car. This was done in postproduction, a CGI Superlegerra was added digitally. It would be on the sequence seen in the trailer where Nomi stops next to Bond.

I don't know if I'm believing that.

I guess one thing which could be in its favour is that the DBS was revealed to be in the film very late in the process (wasn't it on James Bond Day?) which did seem a bit odd.

Speaking of digital effects replacing things, is that story about Craig's gloves being replaced by digital hands in Skyfall definitely true? Because when I watch that scene it's almost impossible to believe. It might be just in the shot in the Jellyfish sequence where he pockets his gun? Because after that he is wearing gloves.

Do I believe that the Valhalla will be/has been digitally replaced, no, not necessarily, but it is not beyond belief.
    “Invisible “, uncredited digital tweaking in films is very common, and big business. Most of it consists of subtle “facelifts “ and wrinkle remover on actors and actresses.
    As far as realistically rendering a vehicle in post, it’s done to perfection frequently. MI:RN,and Mad Max: RF are just two examples.

Just look at the ground clearance... The car itself looks "real", but that is not 100% correct... :-?

Sure, but that may just be because they're driving on a dust track so they raised the suspension a bit. Which kind of makes it more likely to be real: you wouldn't have to do that for a CG car.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

What makes you think that? It's hard to know if it's an urban myth or not. When you look it up on the net many people seem to think it's the Komodo dragon scene, and have convinced themselves that his hands look really swollen and fake there (they don't).

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Why people still want to talk up negative stuff about NTTD, even if the director says, he is happy with the finished film, and having Craig saying, that he is very happy and content with the outcome, is beyond me. The movie was ready to hit the screen four weeks before the delay (the reason being, now we all know, being the Covid pandemia) was announced. I understand people getting impatient beacause it will be 5 years since SP, I also want to watch it, I am eagerly awaiting November. But at least we know, the film is done. Whether be it November, is not in the hands of EON, this (and not only this), but depends on the Covid situation.

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 725
    I wouldn't mind Bond taking a ten year break after Craig. I bet Barbara is seeing the same thing.

Let people just forget Bond. Wait for a chunk of its audience to pass, and then bam! Introduce a new, cool, freshly minted British Asian Bond. Hip, woke, sensitive neo+Bond who carefully listens to women while grasping his knee (which is over another knee) instead of being aggressive. A Bond who doesn't F married women but helps them get back with their partners.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 6,665
    I wouldn't mind Bond taking a ten year break after Craig. I bet Barbara is seeing the same thing.

I would mind, actually, as I'm not getting any younger. But I do think Barbara is thinking about a decade long Craig hangover. And hey, if they do that, at least we'll have 5 stellar entries from Craig to compulsively watch throughout the years, along with all the rest of the films.
    I think Bond taking a long break, would give The Mission Impossible films an extra advantage to dominate the Spy Genre....coz they don't look like slowing down, anytime soon. What's most impressive about the Mission Impossible films since Rogue Nation is, as good as they are, they don't take long to get released & they keep outdoing themselves with each installment. Maybe Bond needs a fresh consistent Creative team to keep churning out the Goods.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

A few new details from the Jamaican set.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Getafix wrote: »
    Even if released in November things will not have returned to "normal" so I think box office will be lower than hoped for.

Absolutely. A Nov 2020 release will force NTTD to underperform regardless the reception and the quality of the film. How much, it’s still impossible to figure.

Thing's Will be much more clear in July imo.

Sure... but since life on planet earth won’t be the same as long as there’s not a vaccine/cure it’s obvious places like theaters will be affected in some form.

No by July i meant we might know if film is being delayed again or not.
    Even if released in November things will not have returned to "normal" so I think box office will be lower than hoped for.

Absolutely. A Nov 2020 release will force NTTD to underperform regardless the reception and the quality of the film. How much, it’s still impossible to figure.

Sure... but since life on planet earth won’t be the same as long as there’s not a vaccine/cure it’s obvious places like theaters will be affected in some form.

It won't be.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

What makes you think that? It's hard to know if it's an urban myth or not. When you look it up on the net many people seem to think it's the Komodo dragon scene, and have convinced themselves that his hands look really swollen and fake there (they don't).

I remember reading somewhere Mendes and Craig talking about that.

I remember reading somewhere Mendes and Craig talking about that.

I wasn't aware of this and I didn't notice anything at all.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 490

It won't be.

What are you basing this on? Genuine question not being snarky cause I'm trying to be hopeful but I see the evidence pointing in the other direction.
    ertert wrote: »

It won't be.

What are you basing this on? Genuine question not being snarky cause I'm trying to be hopeful but I see the evidence pointing in the other direction.

Why do I even bother?

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

It won't be.

My gut is telling me it won't be, but you're not wrong to question it. The truth is that we simply don't know, right now, what the next 2-3 months will bring and how that will impact the backend of the year.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

It won't be.

I hope you are right .
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

It won't be.

I wouldn't be so sure.

It won't be.

My gut is telling me it won't be, but you're not wrong to question it. The truth is that we simply don't know, right now, what the next 2-3 months will bring and how that will impact the backend of the year.

Pick a side. ;-)

Níl mé ach ;-)
    edited April 2020 Posts: 4,247
    I think as long as TENET keeps it's release date, there's hope for NTTD's November release date. Similar to what @Resurrection said earlier about July.

It won't be.

Pick a side. ;-)

Níl mé ach ;-)

Ok so you're not basing that statement on anything at all.

Historically, pandemics come in waves. This thing may slow down in the summer but could very likely come back with a vengeance in the Fall, which would jeopardize any crowd-gathering events in the near future. These are very uncertain times and I surely hope things improve soon, but looking at historical precedent as well as how far off a safe treatment is, I am highly skeptical of the notion that people will be going to the movies in 2020.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

It won't be.

Pick a side. ;-)

Níl mé ach ;-)

No. ;)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Red_Snow wrote: »

A few new details from the Jamaican set.

I have two pics somewhere from this location, with the seaplane and crew
    edited April 2020 Posts: 3,497

It won't be.

Pick a side. ;-)

Níl mé ach ;-)

Historically, pandemics come in waves. This thing may slow down in the summer but could very likely come back with a vengeance in the Fall, which would jeopardize any crowd-gathering events in the near future. These are very uncertain times and I surely hope things improve soon, but looking at historical precedent as well as how far off a safe treatment is, I am highly skeptical of the notion that people will be going to the movies in 2020.

You are basing all of this on assumptions.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

It won't be.

Pick a side. ;-)

Níl mé ach ;-)

He's basing it on historical precedent. People need to realize history is to be learned from.

It won't be.

Pick a side. ;-)

Níl mé ach ;-)

He's basing it on historical precedent. People need to realize history is to be learned from.

Corona isn't even the worst pandemic this planet has ever seen.

It won't be.

Pick a side. ;-)

Níl mé ach ;-)

That's exactly what I'm doing, you are correct. I'm going off of history and the available evidence right now. What I'm not doing is making definitive statements like "It won't be" when there's not enough evidence to warrant that. Not a single person knows with any certainty what's going to happen over the next few months, so nobody should be making statements like yours.

The best we can do is hope for the best outcome but acknowledge the very real likelihood that this will not be improving anytime soon. Good lord I hope I'm wrong though.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I took "it won't be" as a prediction. I share that positive outlook.

Also approach things realistically. Trust and verify. Forgive and remember. Learn from the past. Adapt and overcome. Don't be so quick to know that it can't be done. That sort of thing.