No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    octofinger wrote: »
    I see that Q is on the poster, but none of the rest of the gang. Curious?

Also: I'm a big fan of Seydoux's, but that's not a great photo of her.

Still though, a solid poster overall. I like the concept.

Disagree, Lea Seydoux looks damn foxy on that poster!

Doesn't she always. ;-)
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    1 month today. So close now

Also happy birthday Daniel Craig (said that like I know him) and happy birthday @JG007 for tomorrow, have a good one mate
    A very happy birthday to Daniel Craig! \m/
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    1 month today. So close now

Also happy birthday Daniel Craig (said that like I know him) and happy birthday @JG007 for tomorrow, have a good one mate

Cheers very much, very kind of you @Jordo007

🍸
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 1,661
    I am a fan of this website and everything, but I feel this article is wrong on many levels.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/opinion-delay-no-time-to-die-release-corona-virus-pandemic?id=04666

I respectfully disagree. This article feels like an overreaction, very tabloid reporting. I dunno, just feels kinda over-the-top? From what I understand, the World Health Organization has not classified the coronavirus as a pandemic. They must know all the facts. If it's not a pandemic I see no reason why NTTD should be postponed. I'm not aware of other big releases postponed. I'm assuming all studios are going ahead with their releases.
    Based off MI6’s tweets, they are the only ones essentially willing for the virus to get worse and the film to be delayed.....kinda weird.

Nonetheless, it looks like Cary is in Hungary. Not sure why......
    5ZSN5Mr_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I am a fan of this website and everything, but I feel this article is wrong on many levels.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/opinion-delay-no-time-to-die-release-corona-virus-pandemic?id=04666

I respectfully disagree. This article feels like an overreaction, very tabloid reporting. I dunno, just feels kinda over-the-top? From what I understand, the World Health Organization has not classified the coronavirus as a pandemic. They must know all the facts. If it's not a pandemic I see no reason why NTTD should be postponed.

I agree. Fear of infection may put some people off going to the cinema, but, certainly here in the UK, and from what I hear from friends in the US., people are being sensible (wisely a bit cautious) but are not panicking. And the sheer cost - marketing, distribution etc. etc. - and the logistics of putting back a wide international release (just 4 weeks away) would be eye watering.

• edited March 2020 Posts: 2,436
    ColonelSun wrote: »

I respectfully disagree. This article feels like an overreaction, very tabloid reporting. I dunno, just feels kinda over-the-top? From what I understand, the World Health Organization has not classified the coronavirus as a pandemic. They must know all the facts. If it's not a pandemic I see no reason why NTTD should be postponed.

I agree. Fear of infection may put some people off going to the cinema, but, certainly here in the UK, and from what I hear from friends in the US., people are being sensible (wisely a bit cautious) but are not panicking. And the sheer cost - marketing, distribution etc. etc. - and the logistics of putting back a wide international release (just 4 weeks away) would be eye watering.

I bet they (MI6 website staff) will all still be seeing it on April 2 though. If so, then they are hypocrites.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 11,425
    EON may just be overtaken by events. If they don't delay release the BO is likely to be massively impacted anyway. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Is there a NTTD curse after all...

• edited March 2020 Posts: 3,164
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 490
    The U.S. had cases go way up over the weekend and will likely have a huge increase this week as our incompetent government is finally starting to test for the virus in larger numbers. W.H.O has this virus at their highest possible risk level.

Seems like cases are going way up in the U.K. as well. Hoping for the best.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Getafix wrote: »
    EON may just be overtaken by events. If they don't delay release the BO is likely to be massively impacted anyway. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

It's better to release as planned and hope for the best because as you said damned if they do, damned if they don't. At least if film is good, it will get the word out to others. Reviews will play an important part as well.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 490

It's better to release as planned and hope for the best because as you said damned if they do, damned if they don't. At least if film is good, it will get the word out to others. Reviews will play an important part as well.

The only thing in my mind that would cause them to postpone is if London and/or NYC and other major cities are put on martial law / enforced lockdown like China and to a lesser degree, Italy. This seems highly unlikely in my opinion.

It does seem likely that if they continue as planned many people will just stay home. I will not be one of those people though haha.

Didn't Avengers Endgame do a second IMAX run some months later? Could that be a possibility here of the initial box office is short due to people staying home ?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    ESHNrTxXYAEP4aw?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
    ertert wrote: »

The only thing in my mind that would cause them to postpone is if London and/or NYC and other major cities are put on martial law / enforced lockdown like China and to a lesser degree, Italy. This seems highly unlikely in my opinion.

It does seem likely that if they continue as planned many people will just stay home. I will not be one of those people though haha.

Didn't Avengers Endgame do a second IMAX run some months later? Could that be a possibility here of the initial box office is short due to people staying home ?

A second run is far more likely than postponing the opening. If the film opens strongly - and it will - and also gets great reactions and reviews, then, if it falls a bit short on the predicted Box Office returns, due to the virus, I suspect they will do an early summer re-run - IMAX and perhaps wider too.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Great shot. Does that suggest that Bond gets into the DB5 after he's had the fight/bridge jump etc.? I've not really thought about it before.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,554

I don't think it's unlikely. I give it a 50/50 chance of happening.
    TripAces wrote: »

I don't think it's unlikely. I give it a 50/50 chance of happening.

Honestly if it were done 1-2 months ago it would be the best chance to contain the virus but now I fear it's far too late. Would likely cause mass panic in the U.S. also. But then again, in 2013 Boston completely shut down for about 2 days during the bombings manhunt and people went along with it.

Just terrible all around. I think keeping the original release date and then doing a second release in the summer would be best so anyone who couldn't leave home still has a chance to see it on the big screen.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,953
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Based off MI6’s tweets, they are the only ones essentially willing for the virus to get worse and the film to be delayed.....kinda weird.

Nonetheless, it looks like Cary is in Hungary. Not sure why......

Hungary is currently a very popular shooting location, along with the Czech Republic. If Fukunaga is still involved with adapting Napoléon as a HBO miniseries, shooting the battle scenes there is an option to consider.

Or it could be the start of the promo tour, with a few minor markets having some press junkets while a lot of details are still under embargo.
    I wonder if Corona virus is an elaborate market tie in with this film.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I respectfully disagree. This article feels like an overreaction, very tabloid reporting. I dunno, just feels kinda over-the-top? From what I understand, the World Health Organization has not classified the coronavirus as a pandemic. They must know all the facts. If it's not a pandemic I see no reason why NTTD should be postponed. I'm not aware of other big releases postponed. I'm assuming all studios are going ahead with their releases.

Everybody is overreacting. "Don't shake hands", "don't kiss", "don't French kiss".

Unfortunately MI6 HQ also gave in to the hysteria. :|
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Maddy's dress has changed colour :)
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    mtm wrote: »

Maddy's dress has changed colour :)
    I think it's the Matera dress. In the original poster is the same dress but darker? They are going photoshop happy on the covers.
    Safin is the one behind the coronavirus.

It's all one big marketing scheme.