No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Contraband wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    New video blog from DHL:

Some new BTS footage, including some alternate Matera shots, a harbour/docking area in Jamaica and the Royal Guards and Bond arriving in London.

The music at the end is also of note: it has a ticking clock (No TIME To Die, anyone?) and some beats that are very Hans Zimmer. Which makes me think this is a piece of the score. It is very similar to his work on Interstellar and Inception.

Is that new? Seems the same as the old one.

Old..

Yups, my mistake. Carry on. ;)
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    JG007 wrote: »
    It may have been asked and even answered before but have we gone into a Bond film already knowing the lead actor for Bond was hanging his holster up?

We did with Connery didn’t we? We of course didn’t with Lazenby but what about the rest? Out of interest....
    🍸

Nope.
    Connery told the press in 1966, that YOLT will be his last.
    And in 1971 it was clear again, that DAF will be a one-off-movie.

With Lazenby, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan no one knew before.
    Moore just made it clear in a TV interview in 1986.

Interesting, so technically this is the first time in the franchise that before the release we know the lead role is their last film.

I know it’s not over til it’s over in terms of his tenure but on this one I think it is unfortunately........

It’ll be interesting to see how the film ends, I think it’ll be very tasteful done also. From the looks of it this will be an outstanding last film for Craig and rightly so 🍸
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Based on the Cary piece on the previous page, he is a fan of GoldenEye 007 for Nintendo 64. You know what that game featured?
    A gun barrel at the beginning.

;)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,497
    Qué dice? :-?

Ah - edit - he says that he wouldn't mind that the next 007 is a woman.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    New still, someone wrote it was promo for OMEGA

"wearing a steel @omega Seamaster AquaTerra with Omega NATO strap."

TEH FEMALE BOND SUCKZ LIEK NEVAH BE4.

Someone had to say it. :>
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Not really. On the cover you can read: "I don't see why the next Bond has to be a woman"

I'll read it this Sunday ;)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,861

And it looks like she's in that algae farm(?) set.
    ggl007 wrote: »

Not really. On the cover you can read: "I don't see why the next Bond has to be a woman"

Lo admito. Fue error mío. :-?
    Assuming there are no delays due to the virus, does anybody know when IMAX tickets go on sale in the U.S.?

Apologies if this has been asked & answered already.
    ertert wrote: »
    Assuming there are no delays due to the virus, does anybody know when IMAX tickets go on sale in the U.S.?

Monday it seems.
    TEH FEMALE BOND SUCKZ LIEK NEVAH BE4.

Someone had to say it. :>

For the love of whatever.. She's not Bond. It's a new character, 00-agent. Working side by side with Bond, at least of what we have seen so far. She might die, she might live. We know nothing at this stage. And one more thing: Cut the sexist crap! End of debate.
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    New video blog from DHL:

Some new BTS footage, including some alternate Matera shots, a harbour/docking area in Jamaica and the Royal Guards and Bond arriving in London.

The music at the end is also of note: it has a ticking clock (No TIME To Die, anyone?) and some beats that are very Hans Zimmer. Which makes me think this is a piece of the score. It is very similar to his work on Interstellar and Inception.

already posted on DHL NTTD website a week ago

a youtube one is here :

mtm wrote: »

And it looks like she's in that algae farm(?) set.

Yeah she does.. Wonder what those glowing sticks are?

Safin the home decorator :D
    antovolk wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »

Monday it seems.

Thanks! And thanks for all your insights on the film. I've always gotten stoked when I saw you posted cause it likely meant some good info
    I’ve purchased the new "Best Movie" magazine – March issue. Take that with a grain of salt, but there could be some potential spoilers. It says that Bond has gone to visit Vesper in Bond’s personal family grave in Matera in order to close with his past and start a new life. When a bomb suddenly explodes (the scenes we’ve already seen) he receives a congratulation message from Spectre in Madeline’s phone and he thinks she’s betrayed him.

Also in the PTS there’s a flashback from Madeline’s youth in Norway when she sees something that will shock her life forever (probably the secret Blofeld refers to).

Wait a minute, just notice this:

Bond has gone to visit Vesper in Bond’s personal family grave in Matera'

All you Fleming-experts in here, is that accurate? We know Vesper is buried in the tomb, but is it his family grave? Who else is buried there from his family?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    ggl007 wrote: »

Lo admito. Fue error mío. :-?

Perfect Spanish, man. ¡Felicidades! ;)
  • Shakennotshook007Shakennotshook007 Mobile Alabama
    My problem/question revolves around the “Forgive me” letter. Is that from Vesper? If so it’s weird and kind of against character for Bond to be holding on to it for so long. Is it from him to Vesper? Again, against character. Is it from Madeleine? If so, hmmmm interesting!
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    I’ve purchased the new "Best Movie" magazine – March issue. Take that with a grain of salt, but there could be some potential spoilers. It says that Bond has gone to visit Vesper in Bond’s personal family grave in Matera in order to close with his past and start a new life. When a bomb suddenly explodes (the scenes we’ve already seen) he receives a congratulation message from Spectre in Madeline’s phone and he thinks she’s betrayed him.

Also in the PTS there’s a flashback from Madeline’s youth in Norway when she sees something that will shock her life forever (probably the secret Blofeld refers to).

All you Fleming-experts in here, is that accurate? We know Vesper is buried in the tomb, but is it his family grave? Who else is buried there from his family?

maybe Franz Oberhauser's father :)
    My problem/question revolves around the “Forgive me” letter. Is that from Vesper? If so it’s weird and kind of against character for Bond to be holding on to it for so long. Is it from him to Vesper? Again, against character. Is it from Madeleine? If so, hmmmm interesting!

It's written on the hotel stationery where Bond and Swann stays. Most likely by Bond himself. Think it's a (common) religious ritual to write whatever and give to the loved one who's dead. They do it in Jerusalem at that old wall. Sticking in notes with personal messages.
  • RyanRyan Canada

It's written on the hotel stationery where Bond and Swann stays. Most likely by Bond himself. Think it's a (common) religious ritual to write whatever and give to the loved one who's dead. They do it in Jerusalem at that old wall. Sticking in notes with personal messages.

That's interesting. I hadn't considered that Bond himself may have written it. My assumption was that Madeleine wrote it - implying she knew about the bomb either directly or indirectly.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Ryan wrote: »

That's interesting. I hadn't considered that Bond himself may have written it. My assumption was that Madeleine wrote it - implying she knew about the bomb either directly or indirectly.

@Ryan Here's my tweet after some digging, a few of weeks ago. Sould also point out that the hotel is fictional.

• 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    And the overthinking continues.

Bond writes “forgive me” on some hotel paper to finally put closure on his guilt for Vespers death.

Probably on Swann’s suggestion to do
    So.

He takes it to Vespers grave.

The grave expoldes.

Bond suspects Swann sent him there to die.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited February 2020 Posts: 1,006
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    And the overthinking continues.

Bond writes “forgive me” on some hotel paper to finally put closure on his guilt for Vespers death.

Probably on Swann’s suggestion to do
    So.

He takes it to Vespers grave.

The grave expoldes.

Bond suspects Swann sent him there to die.

My thoughts exactly! She is a psychologist after all - she is likely urging him to find closure at her gravesite.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

As far as I remember the only time Bond's family is mentioned is in YOLT and nothing is said about their grave. What really bugs me is that we've seen Bond's parents' graves at Skyfall in Scotland. Are we meant to believe that his grandparents are italians? Possibly Monique Delacroix's mother?