No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    There is a great song in there but it just feels under-produced. More drums and more guitar. That's all it needs. Very frustrating.

Really hope this is one of those Bond songs that are altered for the film-version - just as YKMN was. The version that plays during the title sequence is miles better and twice as Bondian than the album version, IMO.
    jake24 wrote: »
    There is a great song in there but it just feels under-produced. More drums and more guitar. That's all it needs. Very frustrating.

Really hope this is one of those Bond songs that are altered for the film-version - just as YKMN was. The version that plays during the title sequence is miles better and twice as Bondian than the album version, IMO.

Excellent points.

I agree a bit -- I wouldn't go as far as saying it's underproduced (especially as a Billie Eilish single release), but there's absolutely a version of this where Zimmer and Marr's orchestra could take off and explode the whole thing through the roof.

I'd love to hear that.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    My god the cinematography... This might be the second Bond film in Craig’s tenure (behind Skyfall) that leaves your breathless with every frame.
    There are a couple Matera shots that look slightly synthetic. I don't know if some of these shots are CGI-enhanced or if Sandgren is the best cinematographer to have graced a Bond film.

I love those shots. They have a real fairytale vibe to them that I think is intentional, considering the context.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,185
    My god the cinematography... This might be the second Bond film in Craig’s tenure (behind Skyfall) that leaves your breathless with every frame.
    There are a couple Matera shots that look slightly synthetic. I don't know if some of these shots are CGI-enhanced or if Sandgren is the best cinematographer to have graced a Bond film.

I love those shots. They have a real fairytale vibe to them that I think is intentional, considering the context.

They actually digitally changed the landscape. I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

In the new trailer, the first establishing shot of Matera has a Bridge to the left (the one that Bond jumps off of) but that Bridge is actually not in Matera, but in Gravina, which is half an hour away. Normally there is nothing there.

Personally i love the cinematography though
    Could be on par (or better?) than SF.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    The cinematography looks sensational !! Although I am hoping the colours don’t come across TOO fingered to death. A subtle but enhanced blend but not every shot saturated would be nice.

Different enough to be new and a break from the last 2. Skyfall’s probably the benchmark in terms of more recent Craig Bond material however if we’re talking of Craig’s full tenure, CR is the benchmark for me personally but each to their own. NTTD looks from what we’ve seen so far to be quite the instalment and one I think all of us will be proud of and push our chests out in pride to be a Bond fan. I also think this will be an outstanding finish for DC.

All of the pieces are in place, stellar team on and off camera, good writing (latter stage stuff), ingredients for a plot to tie in his previous films and Craig’s attitude is bang on and from initial interviews he looks both proud and satisfied with what’s on film which can only mean good things.

I can’t ever remember seeing DC beaming like this post production, yes I’m sure some of that is the fact he’s done now and a bit of relief but he is a through and through professional and to see how he carries himself and how he’s enjoying post prod thus on NTTD says something, to me at least 🍸
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Love that shot of Safin. This is gonna be a classic.

...could be Q's flat, which explains the shot of the Noh mask in the ribbed glass in the trailer.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2020 Posts: 10,588
    TripAces wrote: »

...could be Q's flat, which explains the shot of the Noh mask in the ribbed glass in the trailer.
    Think it might be the inside of the cabin. I could be mistaken.

As a side note, it makes zero sense for that shot of safin approaching the ribbed glass to take place at Q's house. It is clearly the Norway sequence at the cabin as there is a snowy background and Safin's mask is still intact.
  • silva13silva13 Australia

it seems to match the scene where madeline opens the box and tears up
    silva13 wrote: »

Indeed. I'm pretty sure the characters revisit the same location later on in the film as that set was recreated in the UK.

Isn't it great how we're still in the dark about most of the plot? Quite a farcry from SPECTRE and the Sony leaks.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Absolutely. There's definitely a Safin/Madeleine confrontation here.

EQsjNJmXUAA8n4r?format=jpg&name=medium
    EQsjNWOWsAAjfai?format=jpg&name=medium
    EQsjNhGXYAICSHC?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
    edited February 2020 Posts: 198
    Ooooh maybe that is the part from the trailer when Bond is standing there watching the helicopter leave too!

Yes it's incredible. Spectre plot outline was writing on the wall monthe before it even hit cinemas.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,554

It's certainly possible: the lighting certainly looks the same. My only reservation would be that where Madeleine is sitting, there are vaulted ceilings; Safin is seated where there is crown molding at shoulder height, with air vent that suggests a lower ceiling.

Indeed. I'm pretty sure the characters revisit the same location later on in the film as that set was recreated in the UK.

Isn't it great how we're still in the dark about most of the plot? Quite a farcry from SPECTRE and the Sony leaks.

Absolutely!!!
  • duke_togoduke_togo france

I'm pretty sure that the guitar is a Zimmer contribution, very promising for the score, and he will probably rearanged the song for the theatrical version imo.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

I never liked the film version of YKMY. It’s taking an already good rock song and throwing in obnoxious blaring horns as if to make it sound more “Bondian” but it’s more distracting than anything. David Arnold should have left that song alone instead of sullying it.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france

You really think that he will appear that early in the film ?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited February 2020 Posts: 2,056
    Safin could be sitting in Q’s flat?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    He's just so creepy.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Decent song nothing special. The 'Emo Mumble' is very in it seems, and still find Billie E an uninspired and mostly commercial choice, most probably based on trying to squeeze out the highest sales figure possible (cheers Babs)…

But thank heavens Zimmer and Johnny Marr are on board - if you listened to the Inception score you'll know that we are finally going to get a proper Bond movie sound after the audial drivel served up by the last two outings.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »
    Screencaps from the latest (soundtrack) trailer, only the new footage below:

Kl90fRN.jpg
    ga5Gw39.jpg
    EpXXOT8.jpg
    qL1hiru.jpg
    5OT0QTG.jpg
    8tBEXkc.jpg
    uq6a1eg.jpg
    NxtTc4j.jpg
    HHJp1LM.jpg
    qQ7jlIY.jpg
    gK3qG4L.jpg
    8k6tFQ9.jpg
    anL4iNV.jpg

It does look gorgeous. Although that looks like a very chilly day at the beach! :)
    mtm wrote: »

Kl90fRN.jpg
    ga5Gw39.jpg
    EpXXOT8.jpg
    qL1hiru.jpg
    5OT0QTG.jpg
    8tBEXkc.jpg
    uq6a1eg.jpg
    NxtTc4j.jpg
    HHJp1LM.jpg
    qQ7jlIY.jpg
    gK3qG4L.jpg
    8k6tFQ9.jpg
    anL4iNV.jpg

It does look gorgeous. Although that looks like a very chilly day at the beach! :)

Since it takes place before the fallout of their relationship, I just love the fact that there's a storm coming. Cary and Linus are just two geniuses.
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    https://i.imgur.com/NxtTc4j.jpg
    So unless there is a epilogue to the Matera sequence, post putting Madeline on the train with Bond jumping off the bridge.

I’m fairly certain that the train windows passing Bond will transition into the main title sequence.
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    So unless there is a epilogue to the Matera sequence, post putting Madeline on the train with Bond jumping off the bridge.

I’m fairly certain that the train windows passing Bond will transition into the main title sequence.

Bond putting Madeleine on the train is the epilogue. "This is it".

Little trivia: those kind of "High-speed" trains don't run - correcting myself, won't ever run - in that part of Italy. They brought it from Naples for the film.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    mtm wrote: »

Kl90fRN.jpg
    ga5Gw39.jpg
    EpXXOT8.jpg
    qL1hiru.jpg
    5OT0QTG.jpg
    8tBEXkc.jpg
    uq6a1eg.jpg
    NxtTc4j.jpg
    HHJp1LM.jpg
    qQ7jlIY.jpg
    gK3qG4L.jpg
    8k6tFQ9.jpg
    anL4iNV.jpg

Shot at Cala Tunnara, Maratea, 23-25 sept. Just noticed that they have erased a massive statue standing on top of the mountain behind Craig (similiar to the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio). This one:

http://www.italia.it/en/travel-ideas/the-sea/maratea.html
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?

Bond’s clothing also holds clues as to the timeline of events.

Graveyard - tie on
    Bridge jump - tie on
    Aston Chase - tie off
    Train Station - tie off.

My bet is
    Bond is attacked a the graveyard, chase ensues. Makes it to the bride. Jumps off. Retrieves Aston from storage, then Madeline. Chase through city. Totals Aston. Fight with Primo, Bike sequence and jump, grabs Madeline again, off to Train station. Says goodbye. Titles start. [spoiler/]
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Or he can't decide how hot it is and keeps putting it on and taking it off. Maybe he has to pop into a restaurant for lunch halfway through and needs to look smart :)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I have stayed out of the you/him debate. But for the record, I am definitely hearing 'you'. I even played that part back multiple times, it is 'you' every time.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,185
    Mallory wrote: »

Bond’s clothing also holds clues as to the timeline of events.

Graveyard - tie on
    Bridge jump - tie on
    Aston Chase - tie off
    Train Station - tie off.

My bet is
    Bond is attacked a the graveyard, chase ensues. Makes it to the bride. Jumps off. Retrieves Aston from storage, then Madeline. Chase through city. Totals Aston. Fight with Primo, Bike sequence and jump, grabs Madeline again, off to Train station. Says goodbye. Titles start. [spoiler/]
    Sounds about right but i believe the bike comes before the car. They arrive at the train Station by car. I think he Grabs the bike from primo (where we see them fight for the first time) to get to Madeline and the car.
    I just wanna know who primo works for. Is it a Spectre hit or do the men in Matera work for Safin? Are they after Bond or Madeline? Love that we're weeks away and we're only finding more questions.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.

Kl90fRN.jpg
    ga5Gw39.jpg
    EpXXOT8.jpg
    qL1hiru.jpg
    5OT0QTG.jpg
    8tBEXkc.jpg
    uq6a1eg.jpg
    NxtTc4j.jpg
    HHJp1LM.jpg
    qQ7jlIY.jpg
    gK3qG4L.jpg
    8k6tFQ9.jpg
    anL4iNV.jpg

I posted this in another thread, but it feels more appropriate here:

The song is written from the perspective of Bond himself, IMO. The lyric about faces from his past appearing worries me about the film as I feel that NTTD attempting to wrap up all five of Craig's films will be a futile endeavour.

Given the footage we received with this release and what we know of the run time, I feel like NTTD is going to spend a pretty substantial period of time reinforcing the relationship between Bond and Madeleine that should've been built in SP. I never really bought the relationship between them in SP so it appears this film will try rectify that problem. The burning note Bond is holding at the grave seems to say Palazzo Venezia or something of that ilk down the bottom, which makes me further think this note is from Vesper. Overall, I'm loving the visuals from this film and the cinematography looks awesome. Eilish's song hasn't captured me, though. It's more of the same from the Craig era which is a shame as it would've been nice to see him to go out with a more upbeat theme.
  • silva13 wrote: »

The important thing to recognise is Madeline's hair....

In Matera (2015) it is short and straight and in London (2020) when she sees Bond at the prison her hair is wavy. In the above photos her hair is wavy. So I assume it is indeed in London. I think Safin gives her the mask and the scenes take place prior to the Norway finale.

191227-no-time-to-die-lashana-lynch-lea-seydoux.jpg