No Time to Die production thread

Comments

The Bond 25 launch at Golden Eye is appropriate-reminds me of Jamaica of Dr No,which I read in 1958 and watched the film in 1962. The launch was low key though.Hopefully the film may turn out to be good. Malek choice seems poor.
    The Bond 25 launch at Golden Eye is appropriate-reminds me of Jamaica of Dr No,which I read in 1958 and watched the film in 1962. The launch was low key though.Hopefully the film may turn out to be good. Malek choice seems poor.

Nah, he's gonna be the best part of the film. Trust me. Brilliant casting.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    I'm very tentatively wading in here for a moment. I definitely won't be sharing any of this on the Originals thread, but personally I may stop by from time to time. I have a couple of questions.

Can you please let me know more about Dancic? What has he done? I have no idea at all about him. I'd like to watch some of his work. Same for Magnussen. I'd appreciate anybody filling me in about them. Thanks.

And just to say I am THRILLED with Jeffrey's return as Felix! That made me happiest, of all the cast news. Rami I have not found appealing, but I do trust Cary to get an interesting performance out of him. The quality of the script is key of course, no matter what (as always).

By the way, I am probably in the minority here, but I definitely to not want a copy of OHMSS in Bond 25. The less connection the better for me.

David Dencik is my fellow swede. He was born in Stockholm but later moved to Denmark with his family. His breakthrough role came in 2005 in a miniserie portraying real life racist and swedish massshooter John Ausonius known as the Laser man. Killed one, wounded 10 immigrants.
    Dencik was brilliant in that part. Here's the only clip I can find. Dencic in suit & glasses.

Overall he's mostly done swedish and danish series and films. He co-starred in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy 2011 and co-starred alongside Daniel Craig in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Currently he's playing a defense lawyer in swedish masshooting miniseries Quicksand on Netflix (teenager goes ballistic in a swedish school, killing students).
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2019 Posts: 12,459
    Oh Panchito is here ... uhhhh ... ok. ;)

Thanks very much for the info on Dencik! (cannot spell his name right usually) Interesting. I will check the clip, too.

Rami I am not excited about at all, but also not worried due to the director.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Univex wrote: »

Exactly! There are two people who can save Bond 25. Malek is one of them. The other is the great Cary Fukunaga.

Forces of good: Fukunaga, Malek, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Mark Tildesley, Suttirat Anne Larlarb, Linus Sandgren

Neutral: Daniel Craig

Forces of evil: Barbara Broccoli, Neal Purvis, Robert Wade

No comment.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Can you please let me know more about Dancic? What has he done? I have no idea at all about him. I'd like to watch some of his work. Same for Magnussen. I'd appreciate anybody filling me in about them. Thanks.

Don't know about Magnussen, but David Dencik can be seen in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (which of course also stars Daniel Craig), and its Swedish version as well. He's also starred in McMafia and Top of the Lake. Never seen these two myself.

2nd season of the excellent Danish series Follow The Money as well.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator

Exactly! There are two people who can save Bond 25. Malek is one of them. The other is the great Cary Fukunaga.

Forces of good: Fukunaga, Malek, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Mark Tildesley, Suttirat Anne Larlarb, Linus Sandgren

When somebody starts talking about one of the producers and the writers as being "forces of evil" shouldn't that be where we draw the line with this guy?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Yes.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,606

I do not endorse this listing.
    Although I do think Cary, Malek, Phoebe, Tildesley, Sandgren, ..., are all brilliant additions.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,629
    Linus Sandgren on set:

j0zri74bv3v21.jpg

---
    I like this game

Screen-Shot-2019-04-28-at-9-32-04-PM.png
    ;)

Don't know why but top left corner reminds me of this:

bgzuyx2ky3v21.jpg

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Re: Jamaica featuring as Jamaica and too many main actors going there to shoot their scenes...

I posted this two and a half months ago on the production thread:
    There was a rumour on From Tailors with Love blog that filming will indeed take place in Jamaica, but it will double for Cuba. The source is said to be someone who's part of the crew.

Starts at 1:30

https://www.bondsuits.com/from-tailors-with-love-episode-16-the-mr-big-picture/

We now know that Bond is living/resting in Jamaica, so obviously Jamaica will feature as Jamaica, but there is a possibility that it will also serve as a location for scenes that are taking place in Cuba.

Ana de Armas is Cuban, so there could be some truth to these rumours.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,629
    Daniel Craig spotted on set
    lqnkq7f4n4v21.png
    Linus Sandgren on set:

j0zri74bv3v21.jpg

---
    I like this game

;)

bgzuyx2ky3v21.jpg

Look at the Quad-View Monitor, pretty cool. 4 cameras, 4 angles somewhere in Kingston downtown, feeding the single head monitor behind Linus head.

And the clapperboard down to the left.
    lqnkq7f4n4v21.png
    Nice! Hope this vehicle is involved in an action scene.
    Re: Jamaica featuring as Jamaica and too many main actors going there to shoot their scenes...

There was a rumour on From Tailors with Love blog that filming will indeed take place in Jamaica, but it will double for Cuba. The source is said to be someone who's part of the crew.

We now know that Bond is living/resting in Jamaica, so obviously Jamaica will feature as Jamaica, but there is a possibility that it will also serve as a location for scenes that are taking place in Cuba.

Indeed:
    GohWDE3.jpg
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    lqnkq7f4n4v21.png

Old Land Rovers are always a pleasure to see!
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

When somebody starts talking about one of the producers and the writers as being "forces of evil" shouldn't that be where we draw the line with this guy?

• edited April 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Dencik has a major role in the second series of Top of the Lake. He's very good and creepy in it. A total sleaze. His part in McMafia is not dissimilar but less screen time.

He's great casting.

I've seen TGWTDT and TTSP but can't say I remember him in either. I don't remember much from Dragoon Tattoo anyway - pretty weak movie imo.
    lqnkq7f4n4v21.png

Strictly speaking they should have used this:

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20150213-in-jamaica-bob-marleys-old-land-rover-rides-again
    Contraband wrote: »
    Linus Sandgren on set:

j0zri74bv3v21.jpg

---
    I like this game

;)

bgzuyx2ky3v21.jpg

Look at the Quad-View Monitor, pretty cool. 4 cameras, 4 angles somewhere in Kingston downtown, feeding the single head monitor behind Linus head.

And the clapperboard down to the left.

Why do we think this is filming in Kingston? The other shot clearly shows
    Craig driving down Harbour Street, which is the main road in Port Antonio
    . Surely the DOP would be with the lead actor, not shooting other material in Kingston.
    Found this site online.

Great little potted history of film making in the Port Antonio area and its connections to Hollywood royalty.

Interesting how many films have shot around there.

http://portiefilmfest.com/historyoffilm/

They will now have to add Bond to this list.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,018
    lqnkq7f4n4v21.png

Regarding all speculation Kingston downtown standing in for Cuba:

In this vehicle pic there's a sign that says "Advantage General Insurance Company" right next to the Harbour St sign. I made a search in Google maps, and voila: that company is right next to the Embassy of C.. but on Trafalgar Road which is several blocks from Harbour st.

Either way it's just creepy
    They are filming on Harbour Street in Port Antonio aren't they? Not in Kingston. Where is the idea they are shooting in Kingston coming from?

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/onlookers-catch-daniel-craig-shooting-on-location-in-jamaica-190429
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Getafix wrote: »
    They are filming on Harbour Street in Port Antonio aren't they? Not in Kingston. Where is the idea they are shooting in Kingston coming from?

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/onlookers-catch-daniel-craig-shooting-on-location-in-jamaica-190429

Ah my bad. Didn't realize there's two streets with same name looking at the map.

They're two streets in two completely different places. Kingston is the capital city on the south coast - large urban area of around a million people. Port Antonio is a small town on the north east coast with probably no more than 100,000 population (I suspect much less). Filming at the moment is centred on Port Antonio as far as I can tell. Although I believe it has been suggested in the local Jamaican media that some filming will take place around Kingston as well.
    According to Instagram Ana De Armas is now in Madrid, so presumably she won’t be involved in any of the Jamaica scenes.

Getafix wrote: »
    They're two streets in two completely different places. Kingston is the capital city on the south coast - large urban area of around a million people. Port Antonio is a small town on the north east coast with probably no more than 100,000 population (I suspect much less). Filming at the moment is centred on Port Antonio as far as I can tell. Although I believe it has been suggested in the local Jamaican media that some filming will take place around Kingston as well.

I stand corrected. It makes more sense since the Trident hotel is close by.

Been looking closely at the map although it's hard to pinpoint the area but I think now the shoot takes place around West St/Harbour St/Gideon Avenue, Port Antonio.
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    TR007 wrote: »
    According to Instagram Ana De Armas is now in Madrid, so presumably she won’t be involved in any of the Jamaica scenes.

I think picture is worth more, especially when Ana is concerned :)

McyQSqW.png
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Zekidk wrote: »

Indeed:
    GohWDE3.jpg

Good catch. I guess it's pretty certain we'll have scenes set in Cuba.