No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

1549550552554555903

Comments

  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,273
    Minion wrote: »
    Can somebody give me a link so I can see when NTTD will open in Japan? We are usually a full month later. I really need to know. Thanks.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/releaseinfo
    IMDB haven't mentioned Japan yet.
    SF and SP was released a month after it's UK premiere. Don't know why it gets so late to release in other Asian countries because here in India it release within a week.
    Could it have anything to do with piracy concerns?

    Could be but bond film's here has always been released within a week here, to avoid spoilers or leak they should release it within a week or two in other countries as well . Although it won't matter much because it's releasing on 3rd April here(I'll be watching on 5th April on Sunday with friends) but I may have to avoid this site for a few days in that time to avoid spoilers :D
    Can somebody give me a link so I can see when NTTD will open in Japan? We are usually a full month later. I really need to know. Thanks.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/releaseinfo
    IMDB haven't mentioned Japan yet.
    SF and SP was released a month after it's UK premiere. Don't know why it gets so late to release in other Asian countries because here in India it release within a week.

    The Japanese posters confirms it will be released on 10 April 2020.

    B25_DIGTAL_1SHEET_CHARACTER_DANIEL_JPN_R.jpg

    Thanks for that. Good that it is releasing early.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 2,820
    Walecs wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    @Walecs

    Okay, so a director like Lewis Gilbert, who directed some of the most successful Bond movies, doesn't understand Bond, because YOLT, TSWLM and MR have almost nothing to do with Fleming's novels?

    IMO getting the character is more important than lifting story and dialogue straight from the novels (as much as I like when they do it). I think TSWLM and MR are still very fun movies and I always enjoy them. I'd also say they mostly got Bond right.

    Also, I don't know whether Gilbert understood Bond or not. Maybe he understood Fleming's Bond but simply didn't care about adapting it into the screen and, as I said, whether it's for the best or the worst, well, that's subjective. I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here.

    You argued that Bond movies wouldn't be Fleming if they were in the "action"-section. I disagree. Someone mentioned the FRWL movie as a perfect example of Fleming, but they still inserted several action setpieces that have nothing to do with the novel. Why? Because the Bond-movies primarily rhyme with action. Of course there will always be drama. We will never see a two hour action movie with only set pieces.

    Also, I don't agree that the Bond character is important, if that is what you are saying. He is not. In the first 20 movies Bond has been more or less the same. The producers were very careful not to embrace Bond's past, familyrelations, shortcomings etc. It has always been about the supporting cast, getting especially the villains and henchmen right. IMO.
    Getting the character right doesn't mean he should evolve, have an overarching arc or that we need to know his family relations. These things were pretty much absent from the novels. Getting his personality right is what I meant. Imagine if they did a Bond movie where he decides to join the villain at the end (for instance). That would not be understanding the character.
    Yes, or Bond having a fosterbrother who becomes his nemesis and a global threat while at the same time dating the daughter of a guy who was his employee.
    Walecs wrote: »
    I was just criticising the fact that some believe they understand Bond better than Ian Fleming which is, by definition, ridiculous since Fleming is the man who created him.
    There's a difference between understanding Fleming's Bond and having their take on what Bond should be like and act in the movies. Personally I couldn't care less if the Bond I prefer is Fleming or not. I grew up on the movies, not the books.
  • mtmmtm
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,960
    Zekidk wrote: »
    There's a difference between understanding Fleming's Bond and having their take on what Bond should be like and act in the movies. Personally I couldn't care less if the Bond I prefer is Fleming or not. I grew up on the movies, not the books.

    Yeah that’s why I rather like the No Time To Die title brings named after one of Cubby’s films. It acknowledges the importance of the movies themselves and Broccoli for Bond, because although Fleming certainly invented him, at this point Saltzman and Broccoli pretty much have equal standing with him in terms of creating the character and world we know today: it’s not really just ‘Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007’.
  • RC7 wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    I don’t mind seeing the DB5 at all. It’s James Bond’s car- why not use it?

    It’s lazy. I can deal with it but much like the aforementioned Falcon it’s essentially a crutch. The AM thing has become silly now and isn’t at all exciting. The joy of growing up on the Sean/Rog/Tim films is that they were always switching up the vehicles. The positive of NTTD is that they’re at least going balls out with it.

    Never cared for their switching up autos and always though the DB5 should be present because it is Bond's iconic car. Lotus Esprit not withstanding because of it's underwater ability.
  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,432
    delfloria wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    I don’t mind seeing the DB5 at all. It’s James Bond’s car- why not use it?

    It’s lazy. I can deal with it but much like the aforementioned Falcon it’s essentially a crutch. The AM thing has become silly now and isn’t at all exciting. The joy of growing up on the Sean/Rog/Tim films is that they were always switching up the vehicles. The positive of NTTD is that they’re at least going balls out with it.

    Never cared for their switching up autos and always though the DB5 should be present because it is Bond's iconic car. Lotus Esprit not withstanding because of it's underwater ability.

    Which films did you grow up on?
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Nigeria
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,242
    I might be wrong...but i having a feeling the 7th Bond might not use the DB5 immediately. Maybe it might appear again....when he's nearing the end of his Era.But I think he might use other Gadget-Laden Aston Martins in his first films.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,109
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Yes, or Bond having a fosterbrother who becomes his nemesis and a global threat while at the same time dating the daughter of a guy who was his employee.

    Yeah, excellent example.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    There's a difference between understanding Fleming's Bond and having their take on what Bond should be like and act in the movies. Personally I couldn't care less if the Bond I prefer is Fleming or not. I grew up on the movies, not the books.

    Exactly. As I said, nothing wrong with personal preference. As far as I'm concerned you may even prefer a version of Bond that is female, lesbian and black. That would be your legit, personal preference and I wouldn't judge that. It would bother me if someone said "this is what Bond is supposed to be".
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Paradox Hotel
    Posts: 38,018
    Minion wrote: »
    Can somebody give me a link so I can see when NTTD will open in Japan? We are usually a full month later. I really need to know. Thanks.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/releaseinfo
    IMDB haven't mentioned Japan yet.
    SF and SP was released a month after it's UK premiere. Don't know why it gets so late to release in other Asian countries because here in India it release within a week.
    Could it have anything to do with piracy concerns?

    Could be but bond film's here has always been released within a week here, to avoid spoilers or leak they should release it within a week or two in other countries as well . Although it won't matter much because it's releasing on 3rd April here(I'll be watching on 5th April on Sunday with friends) but I may have to avoid this site for a few days in that time to avoid spoilers :D

    Do you get a chance to see it undubbed in Kolkata?
  • Posts: 2,820
    Walecs wrote: »
    nothing wrong with personal preference. As far as I'm concerned you may even prefer a version of Bond that is female, lesbian.
    Then it wouldn't be Bond. Bond is a heterosexual caucasian male. He is Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan and Craig. But if he is blond or has black hair, smokes or doesn't smoke, sexist or no sexist etc - yes, that's personal preference.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Posts: 3,109
    Once again: That wasn't my point but I totally agree.
  • mtmmtm
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,960
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I might be wrong...but i having a feeling the 7th Bond might not use the DB5 immediately. Maybe it might appear again....when he's nearing the end of his Era.But I think he might use other Gadget-Laden Aston Martins in his first films.
    Yeah I don’t see Astons going away any time soon now the company is so involved. I do hope there are fewer next time though! This film does seem to have gone slightly overboard on the car content already- in just that 14 second teaser for the trailer (not even the trailer itself) they managed to show about five luxury cars! :D
  • Posts: 5,033
    Which, as a massive petrolhead, is fine by me :-D
  • mtmmtm
    Posts: 3,960
    Univex wrote: »
    Which, as a massive petrolhead, is fine by me :-D

    Well I am too, but even to me it feels slightly like overkill! :)
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ocean Club, Bahamas.
    Posts: 3,264
    mtm wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Which, as a massive petrolhead, is fine by me :-D

    Well I am too, but even to me it feels slightly like overkill! :)

  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,273
    Minion wrote: »
    Can somebody give me a link so I can see when NTTD will open in Japan? We are usually a full month later. I really need to know. Thanks.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/releaseinfo
    IMDB haven't mentioned Japan yet.
    SF and SP was released a month after it's UK premiere. Don't know why it gets so late to release in other Asian countries because here in India it release within a week.
    Could it have anything to do with piracy concerns?

    Could be but bond film's here has always been released within a week here, to avoid spoilers or leak they should release it within a week or two in other countries as well . Although it won't matter much because it's releasing on 3rd April here(I'll be watching on 5th April on Sunday with friends) but I may have to avoid this site for a few days in that time to avoid spoilers :D

    Do you get a chance to see it undubbed in Kolkata?

    Actually last 2 bond films release in 4 languages (English/Hindi/Tamil/Telegu) here in India, don't know if they did for CR & QOS before that because SF was the first bond film I watched in theatre. My father is a bond fan not as hardcore as I am but he did watch GF/TSWLM/GE in theaters even after my grandfather's restrictions :)) (he also told me GF was the biggest of all never saw such crowd after that and newspapers wrote about it's success for a week) but neither of those were dubbed.
    Majority of English films will be released in English and Hindi all over India but Tamil and Telegu is only for two states here. I watched SF in English and then in Hindi(dubbing artists did a brilliant job in this one, whoever did that understood bond film completely) and it was fun watching in two different language. SP ruined the experience for me. I don't have high hopes for NTTD dubbing because after 2013 indian mainstream actors have started dubbing films a lot. I would rather prefer people who have years of experience doing that but don't know if I will watch NTTD in Hindi it would depend if they don't let any popular actors get close to it. Still NTTD will be the first bond film I'll be watching in IMAX, can't wait for it 8-}
  • mtmmtm
    Posts: 3,960
    Minion wrote: »
    Can somebody give me a link so I can see when NTTD will open in Japan? We are usually a full month later. I really need to know. Thanks.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/releaseinfo
    IMDB haven't mentioned Japan yet.
    SF and SP was released a month after it's UK premiere. Don't know why it gets so late to release in other Asian countries because here in India it release within a week.
    Could it have anything to do with piracy concerns?

    Could be but bond film's here has always been released within a week here, to avoid spoilers or leak they should release it within a week or two in other countries as well . Although it won't matter much because it's releasing on 3rd April here(I'll be watching on 5th April on Sunday with friends) but I may have to avoid this site for a few days in that time to avoid spoilers :D

    Do you get a chance to see it undubbed in Kolkata?

    Actually last 2 bond films release in 4 languages (English/Hindi/Tamil/Telegu) here in India, don't know if they did for CR & QOS before that because SF was the first bond film I watched in theatre. My father is a bond fan not as hardcore as I am but he did watch GF/TSWLM/GE in theaters even after my grandfather's restrictions :)) (he also told me GF was the biggest of all never saw such crowd after that and newspapers wrote about it's success for a week) but neither of those were dubbed.
    Majority of English films will be released in English and Hindi all over India but Tamil and Telegu is only for two states here. I watched SF in English and then in Hindi(dubbing artists did a brilliant job in this one, whoever did that understood bond film completely) and it was fun watching in two different language. SP ruined the experience for me. I don't have high hopes for NTTD dubbing because after 2013 indian mainstream actors have started dubbing films a lot. I would rather prefer people who have years of experience doing that but don't know if I will watch NTTD in Hindi it would depend if they don't let any popular actors get close to it. Still NTTD will be the first bond film I'll be watching in IMAX, can't wait for it 8-}

    Does the same person always play Daniel Craig?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,273
    mtm wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    Can somebody give me a link so I can see when NTTD will open in Japan? We are usually a full month later. I really need to know. Thanks.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/releaseinfo
    IMDB haven't mentioned Japan yet.
    SF and SP was released a month after it's UK premiere. Don't know why it gets so late to release in other Asian countries because here in India it release within a week.
    Could it have anything to do with piracy concerns?

    Could be but bond film's here has always been released within a week here, to avoid spoilers or leak they should release it within a week or two in other countries as well . Although it won't matter much because it's releasing on 3rd April here(I'll be watching on 5th April on Sunday with friends) but I may have to avoid this site for a few days in that time to avoid spoilers :D

    Do you get a chance to see it undubbed in Kolkata?

    Actually last 2 bond films release in 4 languages (English/Hindi/Tamil/Telegu) here in India, don't know if they did for CR & QOS before that because SF was the first bond film I watched in theatre. My father is a bond fan not as hardcore as I am but he did watch GF/TSWLM/GE in theaters even after my grandfather's restrictions :)) (he also told me GF was the biggest of all never saw such crowd after that and newspapers wrote about it's success for a week) but neither of those were dubbed.
    Majority of English films will be released in English and Hindi all over India but Tamil and Telegu is only for two states here. I watched SF in English and then in Hindi(dubbing artists did a brilliant job in this one, whoever did that understood bond film completely) and it was fun watching in two different language. SP ruined the experience for me. I don't have high hopes for NTTD dubbing because after 2013 indian mainstream actors have started dubbing films a lot. I would rather prefer people who have years of experience doing that but don't know if I will watch NTTD in Hindi it would depend if they don't let any popular actors get close to it. Still NTTD will be the first bond film I'll be watching in IMAX, can't wait for it 8-}

    Does the same person always play Daniel Craig?

    I didn't understood what you were trying to say? Please elaborate
  • Posts: 5,767
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Which, as a massive petrolhead, is fine by me :-D

    Well I am too, but even to me it feels slightly like overkill! :)

    In other words, impossible to look away :-).

  • mtmmtm
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,960
    mtm wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    Can somebody give me a link so I can see when NTTD will open in Japan? We are usually a full month later. I really need to know. Thanks.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/releaseinfo
    IMDB haven't mentioned Japan yet.
    SF and SP was released a month after it's UK premiere. Don't know why it gets so late to release in other Asian countries because here in India it release within a week.
    Could it have anything to do with piracy concerns?

    Could be but bond film's here has always been released within a week here, to avoid spoilers or leak they should release it within a week or two in other countries as well . Although it won't matter much because it's releasing on 3rd April here(I'll be watching on 5th April on Sunday with friends) but I may have to avoid this site for a few days in that time to avoid spoilers :D

    Do you get a chance to see it undubbed in Kolkata?

    Actually last 2 bond films release in 4 languages (English/Hindi/Tamil/Telegu) here in India, don't know if they did for CR & QOS before that because SF was the first bond film I watched in theatre. My father is a bond fan not as hardcore as I am but he did watch GF/TSWLM/GE in theaters even after my grandfather's restrictions :)) (he also told me GF was the biggest of all never saw such crowd after that and newspapers wrote about it's success for a week) but neither of those were dubbed.
    Majority of English films will be released in English and Hindi all over India but Tamil and Telegu is only for two states here. I watched SF in English and then in Hindi(dubbing artists did a brilliant job in this one, whoever did that understood bond film completely) and it was fun watching in two different language. SP ruined the experience for me. I don't have high hopes for NTTD dubbing because after 2013 indian mainstream actors have started dubbing films a lot. I would rather prefer people who have years of experience doing that but don't know if I will watch NTTD in Hindi it would depend if they don't let any popular actors get close to it. Still NTTD will be the first bond film I'll be watching in IMAX, can't wait for it 8-}

    Does the same person always play Daniel Craig?

    I didn't understood what you were trying to say? Please elaborate

    Sorry: I mean do you always get the same Indian actor dubbing Craig's performances even in different films? I'm always interested in how this works.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,273
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    Can somebody give me a link so I can see when NTTD will open in Japan? We are usually a full month later. I really need to know. Thanks.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/releaseinfo
    IMDB haven't mentioned Japan yet.
    SF and SP was released a month after it's UK premiere. Don't know why it gets so late to release in other Asian countries because here in India it release within a week.
    Could it have anything to do with piracy concerns?

    Could be but bond film's here has always been released within a week here, to avoid spoilers or leak they should release it within a week or two in other countries as well . Although it won't matter much because it's releasing on 3rd April here(I'll be watching on 5th April on Sunday with friends) but I may have to avoid this site for a few days in that time to avoid spoilers :D

    Do you get a chance to see it undubbed in Kolkata?

    Actually last 2 bond films release in 4 languages (English/Hindi/Tamil/Telegu) here in India, don't know if they did for CR & QOS before that because SF was the first bond film I watched in theatre. My father is a bond fan not as hardcore as I am but he did watch GF/TSWLM/GE in theaters even after my grandfather's restrictions :)) (he also told me GF was the biggest of all never saw such crowd after that and newspapers wrote about it's success for a week) but neither of those were dubbed.
    Majority of English films will be released in English and Hindi all over India but Tamil and Telegu is only for two states here. I watched SF in English and then in Hindi(dubbing artists did a brilliant job in this one, whoever did that understood bond film completely) and it was fun watching in two different language. SP ruined the experience for me. I don't have high hopes for NTTD dubbing because after 2013 indian mainstream actors have started dubbing films a lot. I would rather prefer people who have years of experience doing that but don't know if I will watch NTTD in Hindi it would depend if they don't let any popular actors get close to it. Still NTTD will be the first bond film I'll be watching in IMAX, can't wait for it 8-}

    Does the same person always play Daniel Craig?

    I didn't understood what you were trying to say? Please elaborate

    Sorry: I mean do you always get the same Indian actor dubbing Craig's performances even in different films? I'm always interested in how this works.

    Ah, I believe shaktee Singh is his name who gave Daniel's bond voice, don't know much about him.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakti_Singh_(actor)

    https://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/shaktee-singh-as-james-bond/article6151329.ece

    Yup he is the one who did most of Daniel's or a lot voice for English films and he did confirm that he is giving voice in NTTD-



    There was something odd about dubbing in SP.
    I have problem with popular actor's getting involved in it just for the sake of marketing which ruins the experience for me. Artists who are well trained or give some effort are the one's I like. Here's two examples-
    Lion king original teaser had voice of Kabir bedi as Mufasa (that guy has an amazing voice imo and he was henchmen in OP I believe).

    But they changed the decision and later decided shahrukh Khan will give the voice

    which to be honest was worst even though he is decent actor but a terrible voice artist.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,273
    Moving on don't know if it's been mentioned before but I was watching NTTD trailer again. There was 2 cars and one bike in this chase. Didn't saw that that the last time.
    0DkYLfh_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

    3 Photos from New teaser of Q. We finally get to see his home.
    ]JIpntFB_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    Wdr6V9n_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • mtmmtm
    Posts: 3,960
    mtm wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    Can somebody give me a link so I can see when NTTD will open in Japan? We are usually a full month later. I really need to know. Thanks.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/releaseinfo
    IMDB haven't mentioned Japan yet.
    SF and SP was released a month after it's UK premiere. Don't know why it gets so late to release in other Asian countries because here in India it release within a week.
    Could it have anything to do with piracy concerns?

    Could be but bond film's here has always been released within a week here, to avoid spoilers or leak they should release it within a week or two in other countries as well . Although it won't matter much because it's releasing on 3rd April here(I'll be watching on 5th April on Sunday with friends) but I may have to avoid this site for a few days in that time to avoid spoilers :D

    Do you get a chance to see it undubbed in Kolkata?

    Actually last 2 bond films release in 4 languages (English/Hindi/Tamil/Telegu) here in India, don't know if they did for CR & QOS before that because SF was the first bond film I watched in theatre. My father is a bond fan not as hardcore as I am but he did watch GF/TSWLM/GE in theaters even after my grandfather's restrictions :)) (he also told me GF was the biggest of all never saw such crowd after that and newspapers wrote about it's success for a week) but neither of those were dubbed.
    Majority of English films will be released in English and Hindi all over India but Tamil and Telegu is only for two states here. I watched SF in English and then in Hindi(dubbing artists did a brilliant job in this one, whoever did that understood bond film completely) and it was fun watching in two different language. SP ruined the experience for me. I don't have high hopes for NTTD dubbing because after 2013 indian mainstream actors have started dubbing films a lot. I would rather prefer people who have years of experience doing that but don't know if I will watch NTTD in Hindi it would depend if they don't let any popular actors get close to it. Still NTTD will be the first bond film I'll be watching in IMAX, can't wait for it 8-}

    Does the same person always play Daniel Craig?

    I didn't understood what you were trying to say? Please elaborate

    Sorry: I mean do you always get the same Indian actor dubbing Craig's performances even in different films? I'm always interested in how this works.

    Ah, I believe shaktee Singh is his name who gave Daniel's bond voice, don't know much about him.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakti_Singh_(actor)

    https://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/shaktee-singh-as-james-bond/article6151329.ece

    Yup he is the one who did most of Daniel's or a lot voice for English films and he did confirm that he is giving voice in NTTD-



    There was something odd about dubbing in SP.
    I have problem with popular actor's getting involved in it just for the sake of marketing which ruins the experience for me. Artists who are well trained or give some effort are the one's I like. Here's two examples-
    Lion king original teaser had voice of Kabir bedi as Mufasa (that guy has an amazing voice imo and he was henchmen in OP I believe).

    But they changed the decision and later decided shahrukh Khan will give the voice

    which to be honest was worst even though he is decent actor but a terrible voice artist.

    Ah interesting: a bit like how there's been a move to famous actors being in animated movies in Hollywood rather than just voice artists, cast for their voices, over the last twenty years or so. Disney movies in the 60s/70s/80s didn't have big stars doing the voices, now they do.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Posts: 214
    They now use big stars for the voices, while specialized voice actors often do a better job (there are a few celebrities who just phone in their performance), because they can be used later to promote the picture.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 2,348
    Pick-ups are happening right now at Pinewood.

  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,532
    matt_u wrote: »
    Pick-ups are happening right now at Pinewood.


    What do they mean by “pick-ups”?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 2,348
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Pick-ups are happening right now at Pinewood.


    What do they mean by “pick-ups”?

    Just filming additional scenes. They definitely already have a rough cut of the movie and pick ups sessions are pretty much a standard for big blockbuster films.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Posts: 832
    Basically, during the editing process they realize they’re missing (or they decide they want to add) little bits and bobs, so actors may return to set for a few days of minor filming. Reshoots, which I’m sure you’ve also heard of, are the extreme form of this, which is when they begin replacing existing footage with new material.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 2,348
    Minion wrote: »
    Basically, during the editing process they realize they’re missing (or they decide they want to add) little bits and bobs, so actors may return to set for a few days of minor filming. Reshoots, which I’m sure you’ve also heard of, are the extreme form of this, which is when they begin replacing existing footage with new material.

    Spot on. Just an example: the Downey Jr. “I am Iron Man” at the end of Endgame was a last minute pick up.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 1,882
    matt_u wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Pick-ups are happening right now at Pinewood.


    What do they mean by “pick-ups”?

    Just filming additional scenes. They definitely already have a rough cut of the movie and pick ups sessions are pretty much a standard for big blockbuster films.

    DC arrived in London a few days ago to.
Sign In or Register to comment.