No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2019 Posts: 14,861
    Zekidk wrote: »
    There's a difference between understanding Fleming's Bond and having their take on what Bond should be like and act in the movies. Personally I couldn't care less if the Bond I prefer is Fleming or not. I grew up on the movies, not the books.

Yeah that’s why I rather like the No Time To Die title brings named after one of Cubby’s films. It acknowledges the importance of the movies themselves and Broccoli for Bond, because although Fleming certainly invented him, at this point Saltzman and Broccoli pretty much have equal standing with him in terms of creating the character and world we know today: it’s not really just ‘Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007’.
    RC7 wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    I don’t mind seeing the DB5 at all. It’s James Bond’s car- why not use it?

It’s lazy. I can deal with it but much like the aforementioned Falcon it’s essentially a crutch. The AM thing has become silly now and isn’t at all exciting. The joy of growing up on the Sean/Rog/Tim films is that they were always switching up the vehicles. The positive of NTTD is that they’re at least going balls out with it.

Never cared for their switching up autos and always though the DB5 should be present because it is Bond's iconic car. Lotus Esprit not withstanding because of it's underwater ability.
  • RC7RC7
    delfloria wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    I don’t mind seeing the DB5 at all. It’s James Bond’s car- why not use it?

It’s lazy. I can deal with it but much like the aforementioned Falcon it’s essentially a crutch. The AM thing has become silly now and isn’t at all exciting. The joy of growing up on the Sean/Rog/Tim films is that they were always switching up the vehicles. The positive of NTTD is that they’re at least going balls out with it.

Never cared for their switching up autos and always though the DB5 should be present because it is Bond's iconic car. Lotus Esprit not withstanding because of it's underwater ability.

Which films did you grow up on?
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,247
    I might be wrong...but i having a feeling the 7th Bond might not use the DB5 immediately. Maybe it might appear again....when he's nearing the end of his Era.But I think he might use other Gadget-Laden Aston Martins in his first films.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,157
    Yes, or Bond having a fosterbrother who becomes his nemesis and a global threat while at the same time dating the daughter of a guy who was his employee.

Yeah, excellent example.
    There's a difference between understanding Fleming's Bond and having their take on what Bond should be like and act in the movies. Personally I couldn't care less if the Bond I prefer is Fleming or not. I grew up on the movies, not the books.

Exactly. As I said, nothing wrong with personal preference. As far as I'm concerned you may even prefer a version of Bond that is female, lesbian and black. That would be your legit, personal preference and I wouldn't judge that. It would bother me if someone said "this is what Bond is supposed to be".
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Minion wrote: »
    Can somebody give me a link so I can see when NTTD will open in Japan? We are usually a full month later. I really need to know. Thanks.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/releaseinfo
    IMDB haven't mentioned Japan yet.
    SF and SP was released a month after it's UK premiere. Don't know why it gets so late to release in other Asian countries because here in India it release within a week.
    Could it have anything to do with piracy concerns?

Could be but bond film's here has always been released within a week here, to avoid spoilers or leak they should release it within a week or two in other countries as well . Although it won't matter much because it's releasing on 3rd April here(I'll be watching on 5th April on Sunday with friends) but I may have to avoid this site for a few days in that time to avoid spoilers :D

Do you get a chance to see it undubbed in Kolkata?
    Walecs wrote: »
    nothing wrong with personal preference. As far as I'm concerned you may even prefer a version of Bond that is female, lesbian.
    Then it wouldn't be Bond. Bond is a heterosexual caucasian male. He is Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan and Craig. But if he is blond or has black hair, smokes or doesn't smoke, sexist or no sexist etc - yes, that's personal preference.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Once again: That wasn't my point but I totally agree.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I might be wrong...but i having a feeling the 7th Bond might not use the DB5 immediately. Maybe it might appear again....when he's nearing the end of his Era.But I think he might use other Gadget-Laden Aston Martins in his first films.
    Yeah I don’t see Astons going away any time soon now the company is so involved. I do hope there are fewer next time though! This film does seem to have gone slightly overboard on the car content already- in just that 14 second teaser for the trailer (not even the trailer itself) they managed to show about five luxury cars! :D
    Which, as a massive petrolhead, is fine by me :-D
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Univex wrote: »

Well I am too, but even to me it feels slightly like overkill! :)
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Can somebody give me a link so I can see when NTTD will open in Japan? We are usually a full month later. I really need to know. Thanks.

SF and SP was released a month after it's UK premiere. Don't know why it gets so late to release in other Asian countries because here in India it release within a week.

Could be but bond film's here has always been released within a week here, to avoid spoilers or leak they should release it within a week or two in other countries as well . Although it won't matter much because it's releasing on 3rd April here(I'll be watching on 5th April on Sunday with friends) but I may have to avoid this site for a few days in that time to avoid spoilers :D

Actually last 2 bond films release in 4 languages (English/Hindi/Tamil/Telegu) here in India, don't know if they did for CR & QOS before that because SF was the first bond film I watched in theatre. My father is a bond fan not as hardcore as I am but he did watch GF/TSWLM/GE in theaters even after my grandfather's restrictions :)) (he also told me GF was the biggest of all never saw such crowd after that and newspapers wrote about it's success for a week) but neither of those were dubbed.
    Majority of English films will be released in English and Hindi all over India but Tamil and Telegu is only for two states here. I watched SF in English and then in Hindi(dubbing artists did a brilliant job in this one, whoever did that understood bond film completely) and it was fun watching in two different language. SP ruined the experience for me. I don't have high hopes for NTTD dubbing because after 2013 indian mainstream actors have started dubbing films a lot. I would rather prefer people who have years of experience doing that but don't know if I will watch NTTD in Hindi it would depend if they don't let any popular actors get close to it. Still NTTD will be the first bond film I'll be watching in IMAX, can't wait for it 8-}
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Actually last 2 bond films release in 4 languages (English/Hindi/Tamil/Telegu) here in India, don't know if they did for CR & QOS before that because SF was the first bond film I watched in theatre. My father is a bond fan not as hardcore as I am but he did watch GF/TSWLM/GE in theaters even after my grandfather's restrictions :)) (he also told me GF was the biggest of all never saw such crowd after that and newspapers wrote about it's success for a week) but neither of those were dubbed.
    Majority of English films will be released in English and Hindi all over India but Tamil and Telegu is only for two states here. I watched SF in English and then in Hindi(dubbing artists did a brilliant job in this one, whoever did that understood bond film completely) and it was fun watching in two different language. SP ruined the experience for me. I don't have high hopes for NTTD dubbing because after 2013 indian mainstream actors have started dubbing films a lot. I would rather prefer people who have years of experience doing that but don't know if I will watch NTTD in Hindi it would depend if they don't let any popular actors get close to it. Still NTTD will be the first bond film I'll be watching in IMAX, can't wait for it 8-}

Does the same person always play Daniel Craig?

I didn't understood what you were trying to say? Please elaborate
    JamesCraig wrote: »

In other words, impossible to look away :-).

• mtmmtm United Kingdom

Sorry: I mean do you always get the same Indian actor dubbing Craig's performances even in different films? I'm always interested in how this works.

Sorry: I mean do you always get the same Indian actor dubbing Craig's performances even in different films? I'm always interested in how this works.

Ah, I believe shaktee Singh is his name who gave Daniel's bond voice, don't know much about him.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakti_Singh_(actor)

https://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/shaktee-singh-as-james-bond/article6151329.ece

Yup he is the one who did most of Daniel's or a lot voice for English films and he did confirm that he is giving voice in NTTD-

There was something odd about dubbing in SP.
    I have problem with popular actor's getting involved in it just for the sake of marketing which ruins the experience for me. Artists who are well trained or give some effort are the one's I like. Here's two examples-
    Lion king original teaser had voice of Kabir bedi as Mufasa (that guy has an amazing voice imo and he was henchmen in OP I believe).

But they changed the decision and later decided shahrukh Khan will give the voice

which to be honest was worst even though he is decent actor but a terrible voice artist.
    Moving on don't know if it's been mentioned before but I was watching NTTD trailer again. There was 2 cars and one bike in this chase. Didn't saw that that the last time.
    0DkYLfh_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

3 Photos from New teaser of Q. We finally get to see his home.
    ]JIpntFB_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    Wdr6V9n_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Ah, I believe shaktee Singh is his name who gave Daniel's bond voice, don't know much about him.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakti_Singh_(actor)

https://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/shaktee-singh-as-james-bond/article6151329.ece

Yup he is the one who did most of Daniel's or a lot voice for English films and he did confirm that he is giving voice in NTTD-

There was something odd about dubbing in SP.
    I have problem with popular actor's getting involved in it just for the sake of marketing which ruins the experience for me. Artists who are well trained or give some effort are the one's I like. Here's two examples-
    Lion king original teaser had voice of Kabir bedi as Mufasa (that guy has an amazing voice imo and he was henchmen in OP I believe).

But they changed the decision and later decided shahrukh Khan will give the voice

which to be honest was worst even though he is decent actor but a terrible voice artist.

Ah interesting: a bit like how there's been a move to famous actors being in animated movies in Hollywood rather than just voice artists, cast for their voices, over the last twenty years or so. Disney movies in the 60s/70s/80s didn't have big stars doing the voices, now they do.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    They now use big stars for the voices, while specialized voice actors often do a better job (there are a few celebrities who just phone in their performance), because they can be used later to promote the picture.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Pick-ups are happening right now at Pinewood.

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    matt_u wrote: »

What do they mean by “pick-ups”?
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Just filming additional scenes. They definitely already have a rough cut of the movie and pick ups sessions are pretty much a standard for big blockbuster films.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Basically, during the editing process they realize they’re missing (or they decide they want to add) little bits and bobs, so actors may return to set for a few days of minor filming. Reshoots, which I’m sure you’ve also heard of, are the extreme form of this, which is when they begin replacing existing footage with new material.
    Basically, during the editing process they realize they’re missing (or they decide they want to add) little bits and bobs, so actors may return to set for a few days of minor filming. Reshoots, which I’m sure you’ve also heard of, are the extreme form of this, which is when they begin replacing existing footage with new material.

Spot on. Just an example: the Downey Jr. “I am Iron Man” at the end of Endgame was a last minute pick up.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Just filming additional scenes. They definitely already have a rough cut of the movie and pick ups sessions are pretty much a standard for big blockbuster films.

DC arrived in London a few days ago to.

Pick Ups are extra shots which, as they finely edit the scenes, they feel they need to make a scene work/play better, or, in basic terms, shots that were missed during the initial principle photography.

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

DC arrived in London a few days ago to.

So he isn't done playing Bond yet!