No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Everything looks sick.

Just bought my tickets for both September 30th and October 1st (in IMAX). Let’s go.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Can't believe I've just bought tickets for this film 😅 never thought I'd see the day
    241735185-1547962865550574-2269913536117560472-n.jpg
    New pic from Matera
    With it being Craigs last Bond I dont mind it being so long. As long as it s great film.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 15,772
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    No Time to Die: James Bond fans complain as it’s revealed 163-minute film will be longest 007 entry ever

“Why is the new James Bond movie 2 hours 43 minutes long,” wrote one Twitter user. “Does that include a cocktail break. did they add another minute for every week of delays.”

“I don’t know whether to be excited or dreadful about No Time To Die being almost 3 hours long,” wrote someone else.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/james-bond-no-time-to-die-length-b1918354.html

No Time To Die actor Lashana Lynch: ‘James Bond could be a man or woman, of any race or age’
    https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/hollywood/no-time-to-die-actor-lashana-lynch-james-bond-could-be-a-man-or-woman-of-any-race-or-age-7504363/

I haven't even watched the film and yet my dislike for Lashana/Nomi somehow grows stronger...what a dumb comment from her.

I find the actual quote from her worse.
    “We are in a place in time where the industry is not just giving audiences what it thinks the audience wants. They’re actually giving the audience what they want to give the audience. With Bond, it could be a man or woman. They could be white, black, Asian, mixed race. They could be young or old. At the end of the day, even if a two-year-old was playing Bond, everyone would flock to the cinema to see what this two-year-old’s gonna do, no?” the Captain Marvel star said.

Perhaps I'm too cynical (although I do not think so), but it seems that now more than ever the industry is focused on what they perceive the audience to want, to maximize profits. And no, Lashana, I wouldn't go watch a 2 year old play James Bond.

By that rationale, can any species can be James Bond as well?
    My tuxedo cat is from the UK and is very dashing. I'm certain audiences would flock to see him as Bond.
  • Slightly new footage of Bond riding the motorcycle 😎

• ContrabandContraband Sweden

JZqgXus.jpg

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    New edit

• DraxCucumberSandwichDraxCucumberSandwich United Kingdom
    I’m emotional having bought tickets for this.
    I had my tickets April last year, just the two, for me and my wife.

This time it’s four tickets, and we’re taking our boys to see a Bond movie on the big screen.

They’re so incredibly pumped for this, having watched all the Bond movies for the fist time (and some of them they have now watched multiple times) over the various lockdowns. They are now massive Bond fans and it feels so wonderful to be able to share this experience of watching a new Bond movie for the first time with them.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I’m emotional having bought tickets for this.
    I had my tickets April last year, just the two, for me and my wife.

This time it’s four tickets, and we’re taking our boys to see a Bond movie on the big screen.

They’re so incredibly pumped for this, having watched all the Bond movies for the fist time (and some of them they have now watched multiple times) over the various lockdowns. They are now massive Bond fans and it feels so wonderful to be able to share this experience of watching a new Bond movie for the first time with them.

Great post :x
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 847
    I'm become very tired of these croped sides video, why it can't be published in a correct/normal format?

(And tired of these 5.000 vid per day with only one new shoot inside, it's become imposible to follow).
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    Stark wrote: »

God it's like Christmas now, isn't it!
    It's finally happening. So jealous of all you folk being able to buy your tickets today!
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited September 2021 Posts: 469
    silva13 wrote: »
    Stark wrote: »

God it's like Christmas now, isn't it!
    It's finally happening. So jealous of all you folk being able to buy your tickets today!

Ah, the Hong Kong announcer brings back some wonderful memories for me! Sadly, with everything happening politically in HK as well as the virus it's gonna be a while before I can go back there...

Also, wonderful new shots of Paloma! Give me a moment so I can screencap them!
    I'm become very tired of these croped sides video, why it can't be published in a correct/normal format?

(And tired of these 5.000 vid per day with only one new shoot inside, it's become imposible to follow).

TBH I much prefer this over the year long content drought we had before. At least this is a sign that full steam is ahead.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Hi, @QBranch
    Is the name "Paloma de Armas" official or just being cool in your card? ;)
    Thank you, my friend. Not official, it's just something I do when I don't know the character's full name. I altered Ana's actual signature to add the 'P'.

It's likely the prop department made detailed documents revealing her last name, but I would think we will just see her first name in the film's credits.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I think this featurette was a little disappointing compared to the Safin one, considering how indepth that one went and it wasnt retreading surface level elements that we've heard before. I understand that they probably want to keep these two new agents under tighter lockdown since they have less screen time but it's very grating just hearing typical buzzwords being thrown around and that's it. It kinda, counterintuitively, reduces these two to a stereotype, whih isn't really a good look

Lovely new shots, though. de Armas seems to have acted the hell out of this role. Not to mention the heavy falls that Nomi takes - good to see more physical action in NTTD.
    Also lovely new shot of Paloma
    unknown.png?width=710&height=301
    unknown.png?width=710&height=297
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 928
    I'm surprised at how much the production notes give away... the notes on
    M's
    role in kicking off the plot and the details on some of the "explosions" in the film are no minor spoilers!

But that information certainly helps make sense of the film's runtime. Looks like there will be a lot more Bond-less scenes setting up the plot, the adventures of Valdo, and M-Moneypenny scenes.

New cleaned up soundtrack snippets from the podcast
    The production notes state that in the beginning Zimmer went “more Barry” but then Cary asked him to go “more Zimmer”.
  • TheNumberOrTheCipherTheNumberOrTheCipher Raoul Silva did a little trolling
    matt_u wrote: »
    The production notes state that in the beginning Zimmer went “more Barry” but then Cary asked him to go “more Zimmer”.

I would've loved to see a more Barry-esque soundtrack, but the snippets I've seen from Zimmer's own work are awesome as well
  • StarkStark France
    Press screening in France on the morning of September 28.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I would've loved to see a more Barry-esque soundtrack, but the snippets I've seen from Zimmer's own work are awesome as well

I must admit I'm not blown away just yet: it's just mostly a few clips of the Bond theme so far.
    All the time in the world.

VRj7Y6B.png
    All the time in the world.

VRj7Y6B.png

whoa, which trailer was this from?

Also, judging by the background and Bond's coat, this scene seems to be at the Norway cabin.