No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• edited January 26 Posts: 2,404
    Mallory wrote: »
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    France is getting the film two days before the UK -

Like with SF and SP the UK release date will get pulled forward to the 6th, in not the 5th, aswell.
    The last Bond movies were not released on a friday in the UK.

Spectre was released at 7pm on a Monday, as I recall. Gotta fluff those box office figures some how 😂

Yes it went on general release on the same evening as the premiere in the UK. I remember watching some of the premiere red carpet on YouTube before heading out to the cinema.
  • BennyBenny ...OctobennyAdministrator, Moderator
    I don't get all this negativity with the October date. Sure it's possible the film will be delayed, but right now NTTD is set for an October release. It's something we Bond fans can look forward too.
    Benny wrote: »
    I don't get all this negativity with the October date. Sure it's possible the film will be delayed, but right now NTTD is set for an October release. It's something we Bond fans can look forward too.

I am not particularly looking forward to it, since I believe there's still a very good chance of it getting pushed back further. I don't see much point in getting excited just yet. It's not like they went out and said it's coming out in October one way or another, be it in theaters or streaming, whatever is possible in each region when the time comes.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited January 26 Posts: 2,941
    New still from my italian on set-source (masked man is a local official). The set is the production built stand-alone kiosk/tomb near the bridge in Gravina.
    In NTTD Bond approach the kiosk, asking a man for directions to Vesper's grave. It's also the same scene involving the young boy, later seen on the bridge, setting up Bond to cross the bridge and then being attacked.

fQyWE2t.jpg

Screengrabs from some stock images site, although we have seen a few of them before.

DNtaZmC.jpg
    wSBUV5c.jpg
    S1faPL1.jpg
  • I’ll get excited when my tickets booked on the week it’s being released. Whether that be October or 2022. For how I wait patiently and focus on other aspects of life that I’ve put off over the years. Like decorating....
  • MalloryMallory Are you ready to get back to work?
    edited January 26 Posts: 1,444
    I have my Rogue Territory Wax Canvas Jacket being delivered today. Quite excited is an understatement. I previously havent been able to indulge in The Bond Lifestyle but one of the only benefits of these lockdowns is a little bit of spare cash.

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/articles/rogue-territory-supply-jacket-films-and-series
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I have my Rogue Territory Wax Canvas Jacket being delivered today. Quite excited is an understatement. I previously havent been able to indulge in The Bond Lifestyle but one of the only benefits of these lockdowns is a little bit of spare cash.

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/articles/rogue-territory-supply-jacket-films-and-series

But also, you can't go out so you don't get to wear it! :)

Only joshing, I got a nice new jacket a couple of months ago too :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    There's some reports in the papers today that they 'might' have to reshoot some bits to update any product placements in the film that are outdated by the time the film is released.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/13847637/james-bond-re-shoots-product-placement-deals/

Seems like they're guessing a bit, but they may have a point. I can only see it applying to the Nokia though, I don't think there are any other products as time sensitive as phones, and I expect they can replace them digitally and paste in any new close-ups required.
    @mtm I saw this and was thinking about it earlier. The only thing they could really update are electrical gadgets, as you said. Heineken will always be Heineken, the watch has been already advertised and sold as “the NTTD watch” and they wont go changing clothing for scenes. Couldnt think of anything else.
    Yeah, seems like all about the Nokia phones and most likely they'll be able to CGI that. The MI6-HQ admins posted on Twitter that this had to be done on the Lashana Lynch advert too.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    But even with the phones, the Nokia 8.3 5G in the film is still the last phone HMD has announced. There are rumours about a new flagship being launched sometime this year, but there is nothing official from the company. I am sure a Bond tie-in would be nice at launch - and had they known the timeline, they probably would have pushed the flagship into the movie instead of a mid-budget phone - but why would Eon be interested in doing that? Surely, that is just further investment in a previously locked film and their contract must be fulfilled, as is. And honestly, Nokia was never the greatest look for Bond anyway, so why would they do this?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 26 Posts: 8,397
    But even with the phones, the Nokia 8.3 5G in the film is still the last phone HMD has announced. There are rumours about a new flagship being launched sometime this year, but there is nothing official from the company. I am sure a Bond tie-in would be nice at launch - and had they known the timeline, they probably would have pushed the flagship into the movie instead of a mid-budget phone - but why would Eon be interested in doing that? Surely, that is just further investment in a previously locked film and their contract must be fulfilled, as is.

I don't know much about phone models but I guess the Nokia model in the film might be replaced by the time it comes out? I don't know really. They seem to be replaced pretty much annually, don't they?
    There's nothing else which would seem to be out of date when the film is released (in terms of cars only the Land Rover was a new model and that's still going to be quite a new model when it comes out, the Aston prototype still hasn't even been built yet; and the Omega watch will be on sale for a while, and they even re-released the Swatch watch )- the only other thing is some trainers I think in there (Adidas?) which the shoe company appeared to have paid for a licence for.
    And honestly, Nokia was never the greatest look for Bond anyway, so why would they do this?

The main incentive I think is that the phone company promotes the film in its own marketing when it is released.
    No idea if they have a contract which covers the current circumstances though, it would seem like their lawyers really did think of everything if it did, or they renegotiated with the film company.
    mtm wrote: »

Thanks. It has now arrived. Early impressions are very positive, it is a very nice jacket.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Thanks. It has now arrived. Early impressions are very positive, it is a very nice jacket.

Great! It's a very nice looking thing. Is it as stiff as they say when it's new? I think I've seen pictures of some of them standing up on their own! :)
    I think they loosen up quite quickly though.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe "I need a year off" Craig
    edited January 26 Posts: 7,305
    What does it mean?

Great! It's a very nice looking thing. Is it as stiff as they say when it's new? I think I've seen pictures of some of them standing up on their own! :)
    I think they loosen up quite quickly though.

Yes it can stand up on its own, like a pair of new shoes, it will need breaking in.
  • edited January 26 Posts: 1,196
    There's some reports in the papers today that they 'might' have to reshoot some bits to update any product placements in the film that are outdated by the time the film is released.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/13847637/james-bond-re-shoots-product-placement-deals/

Seems like they're guessing a bit, but they may have a point. I can only see it applying to the Nokia though, I don't think there are any other products as time sensitive as phones, and I expect they can replace them digitally and paste in any new close-ups required.[/quote]

Thought this might happen which is why I brought up the dating problems a week or so ago.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

If there is truth to it, this clears the rumors, that EON might sell Bond after NTTD.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.

If there is truth to it, this clears the rumors, that EON might sell Bond after NTTD.

I mean, what does option even mean in this context? They are optioning it basically from themselves as Danjaq is the rights holder from whom they option anything related to Bond, right?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

I mean, what does option even mean in this context? They are optioning it basically from themselves as Danjaq is the rights holder from whom they option anything related to Bond, right?
    It probably means nothing and is likely yet another misleading tidbit from IMDB.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

I speculated on Twitter that the only one I could think of would be MGM, so MGM (the studio) asking EON (the production company) to start working on B26. But that would be very contradictory, given that MGM is so uncertain about its own future and is preparing for a possible sell of the company. Then you aren't going to greenlight a new film instalment.
    Important to note is that EON always creates subsidiaries to handle the production of a single film. This is the one for NTTD, for example. EON have not yet created any subsidiary called B26 Limited, so I'm assuming pre-production on Bond 26 has not started yet.
    I have no idea how to connect that with the stories of Phoebe Waller-Bridge allegedly being asked to give some ideas for the next film. If she has been asked, it's not officially on paper, at least.
    Time-wise, B25 Limited (NTTD) was founded on May 6th, 2015. That's 6 months before Spectre released. Both B23 (SF) and B24 (SP) were founded in early March 2007. Now, there's nothing. So this seems indeed to be something misleading, like that one time someone added Syncopy to NTTD's IMDBPro page as a production company.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    TheWizardOfIce
    @TheWizardOfIce
    ·
    Jan 26
    Replying to
    @JamesBondAUS
    and
    @imdbpro
    ‘Projects in development: 3’ makes for interesting reading.

Even assuming NTTD is still classed as one of them does that mean they’re actually planning ahead with the next actor’s tenure and B26 & B27 are in development?

Or are they just busy on that The Rhythm Section sequel?

I sense something. A presence i haven't felt since...

You think EON could have secretly wrote a script for Bond 26 while studios were shut down? I mean what else could they have done?
  • edited January 27 Posts: 153
    News here in LA is that the average person (not older set, or required services people, etc.) should be vaccinated by some point in the Fall. If we're looking at a two-shot process, October may be a bit optimistic. But, looking at film release schedules, April 2022 has far more openings (without competition) than October anyway. Just food for thought.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    writer5150 wrote: »
    News here in LA is that the average person (not older set, or required services people, etc.) should be vaccinated by some point in the Fall. If we're looking at a two-shot process, October may be a bit optimistic. But, looking at film release schedules, April 2022 has far more openings (without competition) than October anyway. Just food for thought.

The Biden administration announced today that they are "shooting" for late summer for everyone who needs/wants the vaccine to have received it. We need to get to about 70% vaccinated in order to resume normalcy. Unless these variants prove more problematic than we think, early September is doable.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 28 Posts: 3,765
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    You think EON could have secretly wrote a script for Bond 26 while studios were shut down? I mean what else could they have done?

Bond 26 imdb possible already there for months, last weak i at to wishlist for cinema and BD. With all delays mabey MGM, Eon and Daniel Craig stil plan a 6th movie with him in 2023. November 2022 is 2,7 years after the original release of NTTD in April 2020. Break Daniel Craig ''normaly'' need already gone then. Spectre released in 2015, 3 years after Skyfall. Making a script this year, preproduction in 2022 and filming in 2023. 6 or 7 years of waiting on NTTD is long and with Bond 26 two or one year later (if another delay) it look like we get 2 movies in 8 years. Adele is also finaly starts of with making new music.

I also discover a couple of days a go that my earlier news about MGM movies will now released by Warner is more a bit more dificult / difrent. It turn out that Warner take over job from Universal with releasing dreamworks animation titles (who Universal just get back from Fox) with Trolls 2. For a couple of weaks Universal was credit, but since last weak it be Warner.

Also Universal titles and tv series wil be released also under the flag of Warner. That explain why Warner is credit for re-releases of Bond movies on BD and DVD (A choose MGM agree with too of course but be choose made by Universal. ) and why Paramount must chooser for new partner (and choose DFW since 1 January 2021) after al those years Universal. That Universal let release Warner one of there tv series mabey explain why MGM stil searching for new partner. It look like Universal have other plans and doing now with Warner what Paramount did with Universal before. There making NTTD with MGM, but BD and DVD wil be released by MGM, Universal and Warner (Possible not only in The Netherlands and Belgium). Whyle Mission Impossible 7 wil be released by Paramount and Dutch Film Works (DFW) in The Netherlands and Belgium.
  • writer5150 wrote: »

The first shot without the second shot still has a very high efficacy against Covid.
    I've been hearing on news that it's not much good without the second dose in the prescribed timeframe. Some say yes, some say no. If it was so great, why bother with the second shot at all? Must have been part of the plan for a reason. And will that uncertainty put butts in seats in early October? I hope so, but mine won't be one of them. Not at that point. But I'm all for releasing at the beginning of October so it will hit Blu Ray for the holiday season.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Fresh interview with Rami Malek on the Tonight Show