No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

1441442444446447658

Comments

  • edited October 2019 Posts: 477
    How do you know ? The issues will be published the 31th, and we are only the 28th : so how did you read it yet?
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ocean Club, Bahamas.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 2,398
    Does make sense, right? His name wasn't announced with the rest of the cast, and then its just "Safin" kinda like Naomi was just "Eve" back in 2012. Add to this the fact we never even seen photos of him anywhere on location, or in studio. And remember that Craig got heated with Boyle over who should play the villainous character.

    If SPECTRE is still going after Blofeld has been captured it wouldn't be surprise me if Dr No has taken over. Then Bond or Madeline could interogate Blofeld in order to find out where he is operating or something like that.

    It makes sense because you believe it and won't stop being negative.

    Sorry but that's the way I see it.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 1,471
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    So Empire magazine has now joined the ranks of the tabloid bullshitters. There winter preview of which there is only one still from NTTD is full of glaring errors about the road up to the film.

    They incorrectly state that SPECTRE was supposed to be Craig’s last (of a four picture deal), anyone paying attention knows Craig actually signed on for 3 when Skyfall was in production. With an opt out clause.

    It then goes in to suggest that a search for a new Bond started. (It didn’t Craig just wanted time to recharge and have family time and think).

    They go on to say that’s it’s “rumoured to have the biggest explosion in cinema history”. Sorry but are people’s memory’s non existent SPECTRE already had the largest explosion in cinema history, there was a whole production video about it and a lot of back patting from Sam Mendes and crew. There has been literally NOTING to suggest this film will have an even bigger explosion in any of the stuff that’s leaked out. I’m sorry Chris Hewitt but this fluff piece of so called “journalism” isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. The only thing if merit was the name Safin being revealed and the photo.

    @00Dalton7 Empire will have several set pics in the upcoming issue on Oct 31, not just the one with Craig. They even teased us with that in the first preview article.

    So far the explosion in SPECTRE has a record yes, but we don't know what kind of scenes with explosions they've filmed for NTTD, and maybe also beating the old record. If so EON might have a NDA with Guinness World Records just to so keep everything quiet until the big opening in April.

    Remember, all the stuff we have seen so far is just fragments here and there. Like 30%.

    We haven't seen Rami Malek, Ana de Armas, on or off camera at all. We haven't seen Waltz. We haven't seen two of the cars in any scenes (aston martin lagonda & valhalla), only valhalla briefly off camera.

    I can con't but you get the point..
  • Posts: 1,741
    Were there any still shots of Remi doing filming? I can't seem to recall any pics of him filming.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe JK ROFLing
    Posts: 7,072
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Were there any still shots of Remi doing filming? I can't seem to recall any pics of him filming.

    Nope, because they likely want to keeps information about his character under wraps. Whether he is secretly Dr No, or just someone from Madelines past still remains to be seen.
  • BennyBenny Perth, Western AustraliaModerator
    Posts: 9,543
    Where did this idea that Rami Malek is possibly playing Dr.No come from?
    Is there any basis on truth, or is it just fan speculation?
  • I don’t think Malek is playing Dr No.

    Eon have eschewed ‘rebooting’ iconic characters for over 40 years before they attempted to do it with Christoph Waltz as Blofeld. That experiment produced very mixed results. I think they will be gun-shy to do it again.

    Especially, as Malek would be Dr No in name only. It would be far more effective to just give his character a new name and ‘hey presto’ you have a new character. Much in the same way that Silva has joined the pantheon of great Bond villains, I think Malek will attempt to do the same with Safin.

    Plus, it doesn’t make sense for Safin to kidnap another scientist, when he himself is a scientist. He’d be far too arrogant to concede in this way.
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    Posts: 66
    How do you know ? The issues will be published the 31th, and we are only the 28th : so how did you read it yet?

    How do I know? Because I literally just had the issue delivered in the post and read it!

  • Posts: 2,319
    Yeah, subscribers get the issue in the post a few days before the general release on the Thursday.

    @00Dalton7 any chance you can post an image or scan of the article here?
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    Posts: 66
    Contraband wrote: »
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    So Empire magazine has now joined the ranks of the tabloid bullshitters. There winter preview of which there is only one still from NTTD is full of glaring errors about the road up to the film.

    They incorrectly state that SPECTRE was supposed to be Craig’s last (of a four picture deal), anyone paying attention knows Craig actually signed on for 3 when Skyfall was in production. With an opt out clause.

    It then goes in to suggest that a search for a new Bond started. (It didn’t Craig just wanted time to recharge and have family time and think).

    They go on to say that’s it’s “rumoured to have the biggest explosion in cinema history”. Sorry but are people’s memory’s non existent SPECTRE already had the largest explosion in cinema history, there was a whole production video about it and a lot of back patting from Sam Mendes and crew. There has been literally NOTING to suggest this film will have an even bigger explosion in any of the stuff that’s leaked out. I’m sorry Chris Hewitt but this fluff piece of so called “journalism” isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. The only thing if merit was the name Safin being revealed and the photo.

    @00Dalton7 Empire will have several set pics in the upcoming issue on Oct 31, not just the one with Craig. They even teased us with that in the first preview article.

    So far the explosion in SPECTRE has a record yes, but we don't know what kind of scenes with explosions they've filmed for NTTD, and maybe also beating the old record. If so EON might have a NDA with Guinness World Records just to so keep everything quiet until the big opening in April.

    Remember, all the stuff we have seen so far is just fragments here and there. Like 30%.

    We haven't seen Rami Malek, Ana de Armas, on or off camera at all. We haven't seen Waltz. We haven't seen two of the cars in any scenes (aston martin lagonda & valhalla), only valhalla briefly off camera.

    I can con't but you get the point..

    I really don’t see the point in the having a pissing contest with themselves over worlds largest explosion when they did that already. Remember they (Martin Campbell) were very smug about only having one explosion in Casino Royale back in 2006 in a film with actual substance and danger and then they have Mendes reheating themes from Skyfall in Spectre and hoping “the worlds largest explosion” will distract from the fact that the film was a rushed, boring mess.

    The empire article is dross. It’s a two page spread with one photo and about 80% made up thoughts based on hearsay.

  • Posts: 2,319
    By the way, for an exclusive like this, EON does have to sign off on it as well...so one has to assume there's some truth in the 'dross' and the errors might not be actually errors...
  • ConnorConnor UK
    Posts: 19
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    So Empire magazine has now joined the ranks of the tabloid bullshitters. There winter preview of which there is only one still from NTTD is full of glaring errors about the road up to the film.

    They incorrectly state that SPECTRE was supposed to be Craig’s last (of a four picture deal), anyone paying attention knows Craig actually signed on for 3 when Skyfall was in production. With an opt out clause.

    It then goes in to suggest that a search for a new Bond started. (It didn’t Craig just wanted time to recharge and have family time and think).

    They go on to say that’s it’s “rumoured to have the biggest explosion in cinema history”. Sorry but are people’s memory’s non existent SPECTRE already had the largest explosion in cinema history, there was a whole production video about it and a lot of back patting from Sam Mendes and crew. There has been literally NOTING to suggest this film will have an even bigger explosion in any of the stuff that’s leaked out. I’m sorry Chris Hewitt but this fluff piece of so called “journalism” isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. The only thing if merit was the name Safin being revealed and the photo.

    @00Dalton7 Empire will have several set pics in the upcoming issue on Oct 31, not just the one with Craig. They even teased us with that in the first preview article.

    So far the explosion in SPECTRE has a record yes, but we don't know what kind of scenes with explosions they've filmed for NTTD, and maybe also beating the old record. If so EON might have a NDA with Guinness World Records just to so keep everything quiet until the big opening in April.

    Remember, all the stuff we have seen so far is just fragments here and there. Like 30%.

    We haven't seen Rami Malek, Ana de Armas, on or off camera at all. We haven't seen Waltz. We haven't seen two of the cars in any scenes (aston martin lagonda & valhalla), only valhalla briefly off camera.

    I can con't but you get the point..

    I really don’t see the point in the having a pissing contest with themselves over worlds largest explosion when they did that already. Remember they (Martin Campbell) were very smug about only having one explosion in Casino Royale back in 2006 in a film with actual substance and danger and then they have Mendes reheating themes from Skyfall in Spectre and hoping “the worlds largest explosion” will distract from the fact that the film was a rushed, boring mess.

    The empire article is dross. It’s a two page spread with one photo and about 80% made up thoughts based on hearsay.

    Off topic, but is Nolan’s Tenet previewed? If so, anything substantial?

  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Posts: 1,689
    Blofeld has been playing by many actors in 60s as well not just by waltz and it make sense to brought him back but why Dr No?
    Blofeld may back again in next decade for all we know.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ocean Club, Bahamas.
    Posts: 2,398
    Blofeld has been playing by many actors in 60s as well not just by waltz and it make sense to brought him back but why Dr No?
    Blofeld may back again in next decade for all we know.

    We still have not seen or heard the confirmation that Safin will be Dr. No.
  • Posts: 477
    Oh ? Thanks for the answer. Well that's dissapointting.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ocean Club, Bahamas.
    Posts: 2,398
    Oh ? Thanks for the answer. Well that's dissapointting.

    What? 8-|
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Posts: 1,689
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Blofeld has been playing by many actors in 60s as well not just by waltz and it make sense to brought him back but why Dr No?
    Blofeld may back again in next decade for all we know.

    We still have not seen or heard the confirmation that Safin will be Dr. No.

    No we haven't I was just asking why he should be Dr No
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Posts: 2,931
    Especially, as Malek would be Dr No in name only. It would be far more effective to just give his character a new name and ‘hey presto’ you have a new character. Much in the same way that Silva has joined the pantheon of great Bond villains, I think Malek will attempt to do the same with Safin.

    +1
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    So Empire magazine has now joined the ranks of the tabloid bullshirtters. There winter preview of which there is only one still from NTTD is full of glaring errors about the road up to the film.

    They incorrectly state that SPECTRE was supposed to be Craig’s last (of a four picture deal), anyone paying attention knows Craig actually signed on for 3 when Skyfall was in production. With an opt out clause.

    It then goes in to suggest that a search for a new Bond started. (It didn’t Craig just wanted time to recharge and have family time and think).

    They go on to say that’s it’s “rumoured to have the biggest explosion in cinema history”. Sorry but are people’s memory’s non existent SPECTRE already had the largest explosion in cinema history, there was a whole production video about it and a lot of back patting from Sam Mendes and crew. There has been literally NOTING to suggest this film will have an even bigger explosion in any of the stuff that’s leaked out. I’m sorry Chris Hewitt but this fluff piece of so called “journalism” isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. The only thing if merit was the name Safin being revealed and the photo.

    @00Dalton7 Empire will have several set pics in the upcoming issue on Oct 31, not just the one with Craig. They even teased us with that in the first preview article.

    So far the explosion in SPECTRE has a record yes, but we don't know what kind of scenes with explosions they've filmed for NTTD, and maybe also beating the old record. If so EON might have a NDA with Guinness World Records just to so keep everything quiet until the big opening in April.

    Remember, all the stuff we have seen so far is just fragments here and there. Like 30%.

    We haven't seen Rami Malek, Ana de Armas, on or off camera at all. We haven't seen Waltz. We haven't seen two of the cars in any scenes (aston martin lagonda & valhalla), only valhalla briefly off camera.

    I can con't but you get the point..

    I really don’t see the point in the having a pissing contest with themselves over worlds largest explosion when they did that already. Remember they (Martin Campbell) were very smug about only having one explosion in Casino Royale back in 2006 in a film with actual substance and danger and then they have Mendes reheating themes from Skyfall in Spectre and hoping “the worlds largest explosion” will distract from the fact that the film was a rushed, boring mess.

    The empire article is dross. It’s a two page spread with one photo and about 80% made up thoughts based on hearsay.

    Doesn't surprise me. As Groucho from Dylan Dog once said, "journalists make up 80% of what they write and twist the remaining 20%".
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Posts: 75
    You don't win the rights to Blofeld and SPECTRE after decades of court room drama, only to use the character/organisation in one film and throw it away.

    Since this is also a new timeline, it makes sense that EON would bring other characters like Dr No. back, to draw audiences to the seats of cinemas around the world.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Posts: 75
    00Dalton7 wrote: »

    Wow so that was the "BIG" article we were all waiting for with "heaps" of photos. Thanks once again EON
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    Posts: 66
    Where did it actually say we were getting a big article?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,077
    00Dalton7 wrote: »

    Wow so that was the "BIG" article we were all waiting for with "heaps" of photos. Thanks once again EON
    Uh, that was just hopeful speculation from fans. Nothing more.
  • 00Dalton7 wrote: »
    Where did it actually say we were getting a big article?

    What is on the cover?
  • 00Dalton7 wrote: »
    So Empire magazine has now joined the ranks of the tabloid bull. There winter preview of which there is only one still from NTTD is full of glaring errors about the road up to the film.

    They incorrectly state that SPECTRE was supposed to be Craig’s last (of a four picture deal), anyone paying attention knows Craig actually signed on for 3 when Skyfall was in production. With an opt out clause.

    It then goes in to suggest that a search for a new Bond started. (It didn’t Craig just wanted time to recharge and have family time and think).

    They go on to say that’s it’s “rumoured to have the biggest explosion in cinema history”. Sorry but are people’s memory’s non existent SPECTRE already had the largest explosion in cinema history, there was a whole production video about it and a lot of back patting from Sam Mendes and crew. There has been literally NOTING to suggest this film will have an even bigger explosion in any of the stuff that’s leaked out. I’m sorry Chris Hewitt but this fluff piece of so called “journalism” isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. The only thing if merit was the name Safin being revealed and the photo.

    Calm down. None of that's necessarily not true. We know from the leaks that SP was at least written as if it could be Craig's last. And the two year gap between SP and him announcing he was doing one more makes me think that he genuinely hadn't decided. Not unfeasible that they were scoping out back up options in the mean time.
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    edited October 2019 Posts: 66
    I’m calm. Just annoyed that no one gets their facts straight about Bond in the media and now Empire has joined the ranks.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Posts: 2,326
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    Where did it actually say we were getting a big article?

    What is on the cover?

    empire-december-2019-cover-2020-preview.jpg?quality=50&width=1000&ratio=1-1&resizeStyle=aspectfit&format=jpg
  • Posts: 1,162
    You don't win the rights to Blofeld and SPECTRE after decades of court room drama, only to use the character/organisation in one film and throw it away.

    Since this is also a new timeline, it makes sense that EON would bring other characters like Dr No. back, to draw audiences to the seats of cinemas around the world.

    I have to say I have no problem with Eon rebooting classic characters. Fleming created wonderful villains and supporting characters with great names, Dr. No, Red Grant, Irma Bunt (who was in an early SP draft), Tiger Tanaka, etc. etc., so I see no reason why they can't reinvent such characters, just as Felix has been resurrected for the Craig era. Warners and DC have rebooted iconic characters, Joker, Two-Face, Commissioner Gordon, General Zod and more, so, as I say, I see no reason why Eon can't do the same, as long as they do it smartly and with respect to those great Fleming creations.

  • Posts: 2,319
    It's a good article! Again, I'm certain an exclusive like this with a brand new still and Barbara/MGW quotes has to be actually approved by EON so I'd say they're getting the facts straight while cautiously toeing the line when it comes to things like this being the finale to Craig's era and addressing rumours like the Lashana Lynch thing.
Sign In or Register to comment.