No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited October 2019 Posts: 17,280
    Denbigh wrote: »
    @Torgeirtrap You make great points :)

The numbers you get from an online audience is second to none when it comes to views, and as you mention, not as many people go to the cinema anymore, which is an ongoing debate and discussion in the industry at the moment, especially with directors and creatives getting frustrated at these online streaming services ruining the cinema experience, but also we're getting more and more streaming services.

I love the cinema and I'm a huge James Bond fan, but if the only way I could see the trailer is by going to see a certain film that I probably don't wanna see, I think I would just wait until it eventually came online, and I think most people will do. I guarantee a lot of people here would do the same, so why not just release it online and get it all out the way. Plus they have way more of a chance of online interest (basically "trend" on Twitter) by releasing the trailer randomly on their YouTube channel, than releasing it in theatres first where the conversation would be a slow build and a lot of internet sleuthing.

@Denbigh You can definitely understand the frustrations of the directors and creatives re. streaming and streaming services. As a consumer it's a bit different though: for my own part there are less films I want to see at the cinema. The exception would be if going to see a film as part of a night out with friends.

There's also the price aspect; going to the cinema to watch a film + something to drink and eat, will cost around £16 or something like that – maybe more. In comparison, a month's subscription to a streaming service with a whole library of content + the same beverage and food from your local grocery store will most likely be less. More often than not, staying at home is more appealing.

As for trailer releases, I agree – nothing can beat the impact of an online release. They can do a whole buildup to the online release and that would alone generate a great deal of additional buzz which a cinema release would not be able to do.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Just heard on another Bond site from their source that the teaser trailer for NTTD is going to be dropped into the Star Wars trailer in December.
    Are we sure this isn't the same rumour/source/tweet going around to different Bond sites? Again, I'm quite hessistant to consider this Decemeber-thing true to be honest. Not based on any impatience, I just think it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt before we all start stamping this December release.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    matt_u wrote: »
    This RPK guy has been wrong endless times before.
    This means he has been wrong about absolutely everything through all his lives. Poor fellow, I feel for him.

:))
    65 days until the trailer.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Just heard on another Bond site from their source that the teaser trailer for NTTD is going to be dropped into the Star Wars trailer in December.
    Are we sure this isn't the same rumour/source/tweet going around to different Bond sites? Again, I'm quite hessistant to consider this Decemeber-thing true to be honest. Not based on any impatience, I just think it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt before we all start stamping this December release.
    At least it'll make a surprise drop in October/November an even bigger treat, right? :D
    Apparently this this from an industry insider @danielRPK ?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Yeah, he seems to be the only source of this rumour, apparently untrustworthy, but we'll see :)
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Yeah, he seems to be the only source of this rumour, apparently untrustworthy, but we'll see :)

Aah really ? I’m just reporting what I saw back to you lot and my base at MI6 ..haven’t a clue !
    Contraband wrote: »

I like that blue/grey/white colour scheme.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    manover wrote: »
    Having seen the recent joker film..brother gate lives on...spectre was just ahead of the curve..

Same thought occured to me when I saw it!

I think the point of the film was lost on you guys then. ;-)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Bounine wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »

I like that blue/grey/white colour scheme.

I'm feeling this movie's aquamarine/tan/grey, generally lighter palatte I feel we've been seeing lately and I'm really digging it. I think we're gonna get another upbeat rocker for a theme (CR, TMWTGG) and it's all gonna come together for Craig going out on a bang.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    A lighter colour scheme is more than desired. I want blue to look blue, so I'm game for that.
  • The teaser being released in December doesn't really fit with what we've heard from other sources about the trailer already being locked and in the can. Why produce it with the footage at hand and then sit on it for months?
    octofinger wrote: »
    The teaser being released in December doesn't really fit with what we've heard from other sources about the trailer already being locked and in the can. Why produce it with the footage at hand and then sit on it for months?

Trailers being 'shelved' is a usual occurrence...aside from basically Bond (because EON runs the show here), Nolan, Star Wars and probably Avengers: Endgame, every major studio trailer released has at least 2/3 alternate variants that weren't picked to be finished.

Odds are - if the December thing is true - that they won't be sitting on that same teaser for months, but have scrapped it almost completely and are refashioning it into a fuller/more substantial trailer.
    Stop talking about the teaser : it's pointless (you know NOTHING about it or it's realease date) and it's not the topic for that. All it's does it's give people some hope and disappointements.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    The teaser being released in December doesn't really fit with what we've heard from other sources about the trailer already being locked and in the can. Why produce it with the footage at hand and then sit on it for months?

Are those "sources" reliable?

• antovolk wrote: »

Trailers being 'shelved' is a usual occurrence...aside from basically Bond (because EON runs the show here), Nolan, Star Wars and probably Avengers: Endgame, every major studio trailer released has at least 2/3 alternate variants that weren't picked to be finished.

Odds are - if the December thing is true - that they won't be sitting on that same teaser for months, but have scrapped it almost completely and are refashioning it into a fuller/more substantial trailer.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Of course not - it's all wild guessing at this point.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    antovolk wrote: »

JamesCraig wrote: »

Of course not - it's all wild guessing at this point.

;)

NTTD has entered post production according to IMDB. :-?
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    IF it is true, then I wonder if it'll be the only trailer that's dropped for the movie. The theatrical trailer for Spectre in comparison was dropped in July 2015, which was roughly 3.5 to 4 months prior to release and was attached to Rogue Nation. NTTD attached to Star Wars would fit into a similar parameter
    IF it is true, then I wonder if it'll be the only trailer that's dropped for the movie. The theatrical trailer for Spectre in comparison was dropped in July 2015, which was roughly 3.5 to 4 months prior to release and was attached to Rogue Nation. NTTD attached to Star Wars would fit into a similar parameter

There will be a teaser, which we know is complete and ready to screen, and then the second main trailer, that's the way the big movies are presented. The teaser will appear soon, nothing to fret about.

Second trailer would probably arrive in mid Feb - in time to play in cinemas with with King's Man and Birds of Prey. What probably won't happen this time round if December/SW holds as the plan is a third 'final' trailer like we got with Spectre.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 137
    I heard it was complete from a credible source about 2 weeks back - specifically they had done SFX work on footage specifically headed for the trailer. I mean at this moment in time it's all guesswork as to why that's not happened. Maybe they felt that the teaser cut wasn't compelling as was and that they wanted to include more footage still being shot? Perhaps there was too much plot in there?

It could have been destined for the Joker and then the initial press about violence could have derailed things?

I mean there's a myriad of reasons for the lack of release. I'm not concerned one jot, if anything the lack of any substantive leaks just underlines the level of control that exists on the production. Given the earlier issues that plagued its start, this should give us all confidence in the production team and that what we're going to get is an exercise in crafted storytelling. I mean that's surely why they got Cary to come onboard?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I still believe it will come out by the end of this month. That's how those films are marketed. Teaser trailer + full trailer + final trailer.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 3,164
    matt_u wrote: »
    I still believe it will come out by the end of this month. That's how those films are marketed. Teaser trailer + full trailer + final trailer.

Don't get me wrong, same here! I love teaser trailers in general! For NTTD to not have one like SP and SF in that sense would be disappointing. Especially as we know it's ready. Just hope that the whole December thing is a momentary change in plan.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Or just a fake speculation like all previous ones were.
  • Okay, the Instagram user @thepashl has been a reliable source of information. she works for the costume department and has been onset win Italy and Jamaica. She's clearly part of Suttirat Larlarb's inner circle (at least according to her photos) and even has photo with CJF. She updated the gram with this photo and caption:

On this Beautiful Day!!!!
    1 week to go!!!!Celebrating with some added bling @hausofswag #FlyGirl @zennioptical #ilovemyzennis #MakingMoviesOverseas #LovingEngland❤️🇬🇧 #LongWayFromHarlem

That seemingly confirms that the costume department and the entire film wraps production on 25 October 2019.

It's an interesting development as many speculated that Craig's injury led to the film having at least 3-4 weeks where they didn't shoot. if thats the case, this bond film shot for approx 5 months........for comparison's sake, SF shot for under 6 months and SP shot for 7 months.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Okay, the Instagram user @thepashl has been a reliable source of information. she works for the costume department and has been onset win Italy and Jamaica. She's clearly part of Suttirat Larlarb's inner circle (at least according to her photos) and even has photo with CJF. She updated the gram with this photo and caption:

On this Beautiful Day!!!!
    1 week to go!!!!Celebrating with some added bling @hausofswag #FlyGirl @zennioptical #ilovemyzennis #MakingMoviesOverseas #LovingEngland❤️🇬🇧 #LongWayFromHarlem

That seemingly confirms that the costume department and the entire film wraps production on 25 October 2019.

It's an interesting development as many speculated that Craig's injury led to the film having at least 3-4 weeks where they didn't shoot. if thats the case, this bond film shot for approx 5 months........for comparison's sake, SF shot for under 6 months and SP shot for 7 months.

Nice find!! With this production they really like to highlight the 25th day of certain months during production. They should celebrate next friday with the release of something.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,043
    Clearly a much smoother production than we were led to believe if you believe the tabloids despite Craig's injuries.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Clearly a much smoother production than we were led to believe if you believe the tabloids despite Craig's injuries.
    I've always said it's the media that are twisting this production into the "horror show" it apparently is.
  • Possibly, or just she personally has 1 week to go. Maybe she's being released early because her side of things is wrapped, or maybe she has another commitment lined up . . .
    Not trying to be contrarian, it just seems dangerous to assume with this production!