No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Can anyone suggest any Ed Sheeran songs with a Bondian sound? Always thought this song was beautiful:

I believe it would be easier to have a Martini at the Hoffler Clinic...

I don't believe this rumor. Remember the rumor about Craig "really liking" Genome of a Woman as the title? Same crap. I do believe Sheeran's name came up once Boyle was the director, since he star in Yesterday. They probably even talked about that, but now with one of the cooler director on the planet onboard I highly doubt they will go for one of the less cool and most boring singers the world has ever witnessed.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Cary Fukunaga is in Italy…….which means the main unit are back on location. His Instagram post suggest that ‘the actors’ are on set. So we should be getting set photos with Daniel Craig any second now……………

Also, saw this rumour on Twitter:

Can anyone suggest any Ed Sheeran songs with a Bondian sound? Always thought this song was beautiful:

Let’s not clog the thread with Sheeran BS. It’s a non-story.

Correct.
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Craig arrives 7th or 8th??

I've been told he will arrive on the 7th.

I doubt Craig would arrive on the 7th. Knives Out will debut at TIFF on the same day and Craig has already been confirmed to attend.

Craig will probably arrive to Matera straight from Toronto, perhaps the 9th.

I think if CJF is posting there it’s because he is there…..plus, we know a press conference is scheduled for next week. So I think the main unit will film there for a week starting today. Daniel will then have enough time to head to the premiere of Knives Out.

I’m anticipating photos of Daniel and Lea soon! However, we may get additional cast members if the scenes do take place later in the film.

Can we just appreciate how amazing the photo by Cary is? It's sexy, cool and elegant. The lighting, framing and lens are perfect. If this photo speaks to the photography of the film, then I'm in love.

EDJLA8AX4AAv07j?format=jpg&name=900x900
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    matt_u wrote: »

I believe it would be easier to have a Martini at the Hoffler Clinic...

Agreed. And nice remark, by the way :))

I just can't stand Sheeran's music. I'm not a huge fan of Dua Lipa's style of music either, but give me that over Sheeran any day.
  • Yeah, that shot is perfect.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    RC7 wrote: »
    Cary Fukunaga is in Italy…….which means the main unit are back on location. His Instagram post suggest that ‘the actors’ are on set. So we should be getting set photos with Daniel Craig any second now……………

Also, saw this rumour on Twitter:

Let’s not clog the thread with Sheeran BS. It’s a non-story.

They'll print anything these days. :>
    Is there any chance we won't get a teaser by the end of next month?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »

That looks a pretty cool shot!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    mtm wrote: »

OT: I only whish that people would learn how to film properly. Steady shot incl. when pan or tilt, always horizontal - never vertical, and fully take use of Instagram's 1-minute limit for video.

Now it's 10 -15-20 sec, almost always vertical, shaky-drunk hand, often filming irrelevant things around them instead of concentrate on the mark and follow through that one minut.

Plus bad cameraphones when you can use a GoPro Hero Black 7 or the cool DJI osmo pocket. Although Iphones do have a good quality these days.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    True; I don’t mean the Instagrammer’s shot is cool- it’s dreadful! :) But the Aston sliding in front of the baddie car with bullets ricocheting around it will look cool.
    True; I don’t mean the Instagrammer’s shot is cool- it’s dreadful! :) But the Aston sliding in front of the baddie car with bullets ricocheting around it will look cool.

Understood you meant the gunfire, stunt driving, etc. :P And I agree. That's some tight alleys and streets too. Imagine all the different angles cut together.

So far I've spotted since 25 aug filming the chase:

- Production car with the giant movable arm that has a stabilized, remotely-controlled camera,
    - 4-wheel bike with miniature movable arm/stabilized, remotely-controlled camera
    - 1 regular bike with miniature movable arm/stabilized, remotely-controlled camera
    - Gyrocam-chopper
    - "Formel 1" car with 360° camera rig - eye level/Bond's point of view
    - Side-mounted camera on Aston Martins, against Bond's face and angle at enemy cars
    - Mounted cameras inside Aston Martins, probably his face, POV, driving and angle at rear windshield-enemy cars
    - Some of the enemy cars have 3 m. sticks mounted with mini gyrocam attached to the trunk
    - Regular tripods with crew

- Also spotted one big ass drone under prep. in one of the instagram-clips. Might not be part of prod. Don't know.

• GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Craig arrives 7th or 8th??

I've been told he will arrive on the 7th.

I doubt Craig would arrive on the 7th. Knives Out will debut at TIFF on the same day and Craig has already been confirmed to attend.

Craig will probably arrive to Matera straight from Toronto, perhaps the 9th.

I think if CJF is posting there it’s because he is there…..plus, we know a press conference is scheduled for next week. So I think the main unit will film there for a week starting today. Daniel will then have enough time to head to the premiere of Knives Out.

I’m anticipating photos of Daniel and Lea soon! However, we may get additional cast members if the scenes do take place later in the film.

Can we just appreciate how amazing the photo by Cary is? It's sexy, cool and elegant. The lighting, framing and lens are perfect. If this photo speaks to the photography of the film, then I'm in love.

EDJLA8AX4AAv07j?format=jpg&name=900x900

Hey. Gustav_Graves here. I decided to come back, well, because of all the new Bond-news hehe. In order to use little vocabulary, I only wanted to know how certain we can be that "next week a press conference" will be done. Very curious about it. BG, GertGettler

@P2B, sometimes you write very strange things...

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    gradoni-duomo-4-1.jpg

gradoni-duomo-3-1.jpg

gradoni-duomo-2-1.jpg

gradoni-duomo-1.jpg

Film “No time to die” con James Bond a Matera, rampa in legno per girare una scena in moto: anteprima foto e ordinanza Polizia Locale piazza Duomo e Gradoni Duomo
    sassilive.it/cultura-e-spettacoli/cinema-cultura-e-spettacoli/film-no-time-to-die-con-james-bond-a-matera-rampa-in-legno-per-girare-una-scena-in-moto-anteprima-foto-e-ordinanza-polizia-locale-piazza-duomo-e-gradoni-duomo/
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Gonna be a sheep movie :D Look at the poor Aston Martin, waiting..

//

Yo @Red_Snow Go back one page (273) and read my post about the same article.

• edited August 2019 Posts: 4,400

//

Spectre_Screenshot_1398.jpg

Roger Moore, much?

(Also, @Contraband - amazing work recently. Truly appreciated.)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    boldfinger wrote: »

@P2B, sometimes you write very strange things...

I don't think that will be a shot from the film. All those gawkers behind crowd barriers in the background with their cellphones out just wouldn't make it into the final print.
    Filming certainly is ticking along nicely, great to know CJF is in town too! :-bd

//

Spectre_Screenshot_1398.jpg

Roger Moore, much?

(Also, @Contraband - amazing work recently. Truly appreciated.)

@Pierce2Daniel Thank you for the kind words.

edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    This is really off topic in this thread but I just have to share it ASAP!
    You know all those short half-shaky behind-the-scene clips by random locals or tourist-instagrammers that I have been posting here since aug 25? The same clips, around 40 of them, have also been posted on my twitterfeed with info about each clip. As a result I gained followers, retweets, likes, replies, thumbs up for the presentation.

But, this evening all those clips in every tweet have been blocked by Twitter while my infotext was still unaffected. First thought: Every instagrammer has reported my tweets. Naah, that's not possible. Really!?

At the same time I got an email from Twitter, stating DMCA takedown notice plus outlining in detail every single tweet. Then I read it more carefully. It turns out that it is MGM via some copyright agent company that's behind it;

DMCA takedown notice

== Copyright owner: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
    == Name: Ramune Mikalauskiene
    == Company: MarkMonitor
    == Job title: Authorized Agent
    == Address: 50 California St. Suite 200
    == City: San Francisco
    == State/Province: CA
    == Postal code: 94111
    == Country: USA

[I removed email, phone nr]. Then they list each tweet. Here's three example. And do note, this three where filmed by happy instagrammers in the open free space in Matera, just for the thrill and fun of it being so close to a Bondproduction, major movie set:

== Reported Tweet URL: twitter com/springhousese/status/1167053626872930304
    == Description of infringement: Unauthorized behind scenes

== Reported Tweet URL: twitter com/springhousese/status/1166993069306241025

== Reported Tweet URL: twitter com/springhousese/status/1166745744025538562

So - Unauthorized behind scenes - means, in MGMs world, anyone who has the nerve to film or take pictures of a movie production in public spaces. Did I hear you say Sovjet, DDR, North Korea??

I walked through the long list and found that other people and well-known The James Bond Dossier also been hit by Twitter. He writes on his account, pissed off:

Question is: Is this the dirty work by EON-Danjaq-Babs & Michael, trying to protect the movie experience by overstepping the line?? If anyone here, or MI6, want to challenge MGM, Twitter I can send you a copy of the full mail from Twitter. DM me. This should also reach global media, cause it's not ok at all.

Next target could be Instagram, Facebook, and who knows, forum like this.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Suprised it took them so long.
    I'm conflicted about it though.
    I times of social Media, where one bts-still can go around the world and press in a couple minutes, i think it makes sense for them to want to protect their movie, and certain key scenes (character death, wedding, etc.) otherwise all movies will have to be shot inside from now on, i don't want that.
    I am actually suprised they are able to do this at all. I mean how many people and photos/videos are we talking here?

Personally i am happy with knowing as little as possible.
    Film better be good to go through that much trouble
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    00Agent wrote: »
    I times of social Media, where one bts-still can go around the world and press in a couple minutes, i think it makes sense for them to want to protect their movie, and certain key scenes (character death, wedding, etc.) otherwise all movies will have to be shot inside from now on, i don't want that.
    I am actually suprised they are able to do this at all. I mean how many people and photos/videos are we talking here?

No one is forced to watch or read anything.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 2,436

When they shot the scene in M:I Fallout where Ethan is supposedly gunning down police officers (as he imagines what he's being asked to do) they did it behind some cover so that people wouldn't get the wrong end of the stick if they saw them filming Ethan/Cruise shooting down police officers.

In one instagram clip, while crew filming all cars on the big piazza, you can clearly see above them on a hillside/steps 200+ people with cameraphones.

• GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    I am quite ambivalent about all this. I can see both sides of the coins.

Like many other fans in here, there are times I hope the Bond producers show a more hands-on mentality with regard to producing Bond films. And not just that, both Barbara & Michael have to do more social media, have to be more media-genic, more into positive publicity, to keep up with the current blockbuster-climate (Marvel, Mission: Impossible, Fast & Furious). Because currently the Bond producers and Craig in front really don't seem to care as much about their fanbase as opposed to actors (Instagram) and producers (Kathleen Kennedy, Kevin Feige, Tom Cruise) of competing franchises. So indeed, that's an aspect that really deserves scrutiny with the actor who follows Craig's footsteps (https://www.change.org/p/eon-productions-hear-fans-out-for-a-moment-about-the-uncertain-future-of-the-james-bond-franchise-now-director-danny-boyle-has-left).

However, on many instances I consider social media like an Ebola-infestation. There are times (I am 37 now) that I long back to the days where millennials like me could be patient until we saw everything in cinema. If I see how certain Star Wars-fans treat the ones who produce those films, then by all means I hope we don't turn into these bunch of spoiled radicals. Really, patience should be a virtue again. And so far, with NTTD I am entirely happy the main plot details (villain's scheme, main character's fate, etc) hasn't been leaked yet. I remember that I myself created entire topics in here about the development of SP. But after all these SonyLeaks, I just u-turned I guess and simply don't like all these early reveals anymore. So in that sense, social media has really become a sickness to the actual moment of being surprised while watching the film in cinema. Hence I can completely understand why MGM takes such drastical measures.

So there you go, there are pro's and con's to social media. Pro's are that they can generate real positive publicity (EON could learn a thing or two from that). But it's con's are also visible. Just look at how Twitter influences (can even damage or kill) lives of people. And how they completely kill definitions and virtues like 'patience'. Well, that's my opinion really :\">
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 2,594

I enjoy entertaining the potential sentiments of some of the locals; some might be like, “it’s so exciting to have Hollywood in our town”, others might be “what a damn hassle” and others “who gives a s**t.” :)
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 847
    Contraband, the user Annachiara seems affected to :

Well; we know that when we gonna see Tweeter video now who have to download them before they disapears (did someone have rip the video where the bike to toward the roof ?).

What a beautiful town. Should look great on the silver screen.
    Contraband, the user Annachiara seems affected to :

Well; we know that when we gonna see Tweeter video now who have to download them before they disapears (did someone have rip the video where the bike to toward the roof ?).

@moneyofpropre2 She was also listed in the mail among other people.

And I have every clip saved. Think I know what bike-video your'e after.