EURO 2020 DISCUSSION : CURRENTLY QUALIFYING GROUP STAGES

Comments

Wow England 5-0 !!

• edited March 2019 Posts: 17,270
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Wow England 5-0 !!

Impressive result, although the Czech didn't offer much other than glimpses of some dangerous attacking play before the third goal. Got to say Sterling is really impressive these days. What a player he's become.
    Wow England 5-0 !!

It's coming home.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Wow England 5-0 !!

Impressive result, although the Czech didn't offer much other than glimpses of some dangerous attacking play before the third goal. Got to say Sterling is really impressive these days. What a player he's become.

Admittedly the Czechs were toothless though England are an improving side, this England team I expect at the very least to reach the semis in 2020
    Wow England 5-0 !!

Admittedly the Czechs were toothless though England are an improving side, this England team I expect at the very least to reach the semis in 2020

The advantage of this England side (not only with the 2020 Euro's) is the age of which many of the players are in now, and the upcoming talents like Jadon Sancho. That's in contrast to teams like Germany, that just recently closed the door for players that have been in the starting eleven regularly for years.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Wow England 5-0 !!

The advantage of this England side (not only with the 2020 Euro's) is the age of which many of the players are in now, and the upcoming talents like Jadon Sancho. That's in contrast to teams like Germany, that just recently closed the door for players that have been in the starting eleven regularly for years.

Agree though I feel the time is now for England in the next few years they need to do something, or it will be a wasted opportunity, saying that England's midfield is still a concern for me against the best it will get found out

We have time and a flood of U21,U18,U17 lads coming through.
    Wow England 5-0 !!

Agree though I feel the time is now for England in the next few years they need to do something, or it will be a wasted opportunity, saying that England's midfield is still a concern for me against the best it will get found out

Yes, that midfield is a weak spot. It will be interesting to see how the midfield will look like going forward – in the Euro's and afterwards.
    We have time and a flood of U21,U18,U17 lads coming through.

Hopefully there will be some Arsenal guys coming through to the England national side eventually. Watching the England games as a neutral, it's difficult seeing that team so Sp*rs heavy…
    Ready for Norway’s game Torg ?

Guess I am!
    Trying to figure out how much I think Spain will win by. Anything less than a 3-0 loss will feel like a victory :))

Guess I am!
    Trying to figure out how much I think Spain will win by. Anything less than a 3-0 loss will feel like a victory :))

Rubbish .... GO NORGE !!!!!

Guess I am!

Hahahah! :))
    _______
    Our neighbours Sweden are up 2-0 at home against Romania right now. 40 mins played.

Guess I am!

_______
    Our neighbours Sweden are up 2-0 at home against Romania right now. 40 mins played.

That’s to be expected the way Romania have fallen over time old chum !

Guess I am!

_______

That’s to be expected the way Romania have fallen over time old chum !

Romania haven't offered much in the game so far at least. A few absentees too, I think.

Edit: 2-1 now!

Guess I am!

I appreciate the support, but it won´t be enough ;)
    Strange line up from Spain though. Are really Parejo and Ceballos the best they can muster in central midfield?
    jobo wrote: »
    Strange line up from Spain though. Are really Parejo and Ceballos the best they can muster in central midfield?

Haven't checked who's on the bench, but maybe they fancy themselves beating Norway without going full-strength?
    1-0 Spain. They make it look so easy.
    Ødegaard slows down, turns and plays the ball backwards. Norwegian commentator:

- "Ødegaard showing his class!"

That is where the level of expectation for Norway is at :))
    Ødegaard slows down, turns and plays the ball backwards. Norwegian commentator:

- "Ødegaard showing his class!"

That is where the level of expectation for Norway is at :))

Surely this guy must be the most hyped and overrated player in modern Norwegian football? By the media that is.

Guess I am!

They are still well in the game lads @jobo @Torgeirtrap ...!!

Guess I am!

Would have been 2-0 down now, if not for Rune Almenning Jarstein!
    Come on Norge !!! England is behind you x only takes one goal !!!!

Guess I am!

The were actually very close to equalising not long ago. Tarik missing open goal from less than five yards!

Guess I am!

The were actually very close to equalising not long ago. Tarik missing open goal from less than five yards!

Exactly x I think Norway will steal something from this x it’s a free hit for you

Guess I am!

Exactly x I think Norway will steal something from this x it’s a free hit for you

I don´t think so... ;)) Apart from that one chance for Norway this has been a humiliation. Spain unlucky not to score three or four.

Guess I am!

I don´t think so... ;)) Apart from that one chance for Norway this has been a humiliation. Spain unlucky not to score three or four.

Really unlucky. Jarstein has been class so far.
    So much for English optimism!
    So much for English optimism!

:))
    Could have got away with a draw there! Unfortunately it ends 2-1.