EURO 2020 DISCUSSION : CURRENTLY QUALIFYING GROUP STAGES

edited March 2019 in General Discussion Posts: 19,339
As per the last World Cup thread,this will take pressure off the football one here,and keep everything condensed for reference.

So,Qualifiers are upon us.

Anybody you fancy to storm through to the finals ?
Take your pick,peeps,the tables are below.

England for me he he ;)

15437538477443.jpg

Comments

I have too look into the qualifier groups to make an educated guess.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    I have too look into the qualifier groups to make an educated guess.

I've attached all the groups to the opening post above,Mark,just now.
    Is the Nations League all over then? I genuinely have idea? Lol!
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,309
    There's two teams going through from each group, right? The Nations League system has me all confused how things are done for the Euro 2020. If so, I think Spain (of course) and Sweden will progress from group F. Can't see Norway finishing top two out of the teams in that group.

For the finals, I think Germany will miss out as they're in a generation shift of sorts. Italy don't look as strong as before either. Maybe two of England, Belgium, France and Croatia? Just for fun, I'll pick Denmark as an outsider. Nothing should suggest that they will reach that far, but why not? :-D
    There's two teams going through from each group, right? The Nations League system has me all confused how things are done for the Euro 2020. If so, I think Spain (of course) and Sweden will progress from group F. Can't see Norway finishing top two out of the teams in that group.

For the finals, I think Germany will miss out as they're in a generation shift of sorts. Italy don't look as strong as before either. Maybe two of England, Belgium, France and Croatia?

You got more of an idea than me my friend! Lol!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

For the finals, I think Germany will miss out as they're in a generation shift of sorts. Italy don't look as strong as before either. Maybe two of England, Belgium, France and Croatia?

You got more of an idea than me my friend! Lol!

I heard the qualification system being explained at one point, but can't remember anything of it. There was a lot of factors involved too with the Nations League system, wasn't it?
    U don’t think Norway could turn over Sweden or Spain, @Torgeirtrap ?

On their day I think they could , Spain are way off sorts and Sweden are old and one dimensional.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    U don’t think Norway could turn over Sweden or Spain, @Torgeirtrap ?

On their day I think they could , Spain are way off sorts and Sweden are old and one dimensional.

I guess with a bit of luck anything is possible, but I don't think Norway can offer anything to beat those teams. We'll know soon!
    The Nations League was a separate tournament - that hasn't finished yet? I think there are semi finals to play in the summer.

The Nations League also "helped" decide what seedings teams got in the Euro qualifiers. So largely a waste of time.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Hahahahahaha

60 minutes on the clock in a EURO Qualifier and the score...wait for it .... :

Kazakhstan 3 -0 Scotland.

What an embarrassment.
    Hahahahahaha

What an embarrassment.

For whom?
    Hahahahahaha

What an embarrassment.

For whom?

True !! Haha
    The Netherlands are also kicking of tonight.
    Hahahahahaha

What an embarrassment.

Wow, that's not good for Scotland!

________
    Belgium up 1-0 over Russia before a Courtois mistake gives Russia the opportunity to equal the score.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Losing 0-1...
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 7,653
    Netherlands- Belarus 2-0 so far
    QQ7 wrote: »
    Losing 0-1...

That’s an unbelievable score line!!
    Losing 0-1...

Who is losing? Of whom?
    Never expected to see that Scotland result?!!!!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well, Cyprus got off to a good start! It's Always nice to start against a country that's even smaller then they are. And the Khazachstany are probably out partying.... 3-0. Scotland, guys, too much whisky?
    That said, Croatia is only equalling against Azerbijan right now....

• edited March 2019 Posts: 7,653
    The Netherlands 3-0 up and 10 players. the shortest substitute within 40 seconds a muscle injury and all three subs are up.
    20 minutes to go.

final score 4-0 winning for the Netherlands.

This Sunday against Germany.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Losing 0-1...

Who is losing? Of whom?

2-1 in the end Croatia - Azerbaijan

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    England should have no trouble in there group, in fact it would be a catastrophe if we did not qualify. England v Czech Republic shortly...
    England should have no trouble in there group, in fact it would be a catastrophe if we did not qualify. England v Czech Republic shortly...

Fingers crossed old chum,fingers crossed !
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Fingers crossed old chum,fingers crossed !

Let's see if these youngsters live up to the hype
    I don't recognise one of the England players, I guess that illustrates the Squad depth we have now
    Sterling goal, great build up by the front three. Czech's will have to push forward now, more space for Sterling and Sancho to exploit
    Sterling goal, great build up by the front three. Czech's will have to push forward now, more space for Sterling and Sancho to exploit

A brilliant goal indeed x a slow steady start but we have such a young deep squad and so many youngsters coming through I feel really positive.

We have dominated the Czechs from the start x impressive !!!

Ooooh 2-0 !!!!

Great stuff !!
    Sterling starting to convert his league form at international level, England have played some decent stuff at times.
    Ha ha I think Sterling will take that Hatrick, Barkley has done well driving the team forward