Billie Piper for Miss Moneypenny

edited November 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 581
i think that Billie Piper would make a very sexy moneypenny and it would be interesting for a blonde moneypenny
instead of Naomi Harris who doesnt fit the description of Moneypenny

also should John Cleese come back as Q?

<b><font color=darkblue>This isn't News. Moved to Skyfall /Disco</font></b>

Comments

002 wrote:
    1) Naomie Harris has not been confirmed as Moneypenny. She is playing a character named Eve.

2) "Not fitting the description" is not grounds to reject a sutiable actor. I'd much prefer that EON cast someone who can act, but does not "fit the description" rather than someone who does "fit the description", but cannot act.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    I'm sure Rose Tyler haters will have something to say about this one... :p

It's not news though. You should probably make your suggestion in this thread.
  • no noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i don't want the industry firecrotch tainting the chair of Miss.Moneypenny please.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited November 2011 Posts: 1,347
    <b><font color=darkblue>002: From now on, stop posting everything in the News section. It doesn't take a very long time to specify appropriate sections for your topics. </font></b>
  • 002 'is' new here, and there has been some adjustments made recently, I'm still getting to grips with some things, it's easily done for new members to wander off into areas they shouldn't etc, or post in the wrong categories :|

On the Piper issue, I say no thank you, she might seem passable to appear in Doctor Who but seems somewhat Alien to be included in the James Bond franchise.

And having her in the M role anyway seemes doomed to failure, I can't see this ever going ahead

What next, Chris Evans as Leiter?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2011 Posts: 28,694
    002 'is' new here, and there has been some adjustments made recently, I'm still getting to grips with some things, it's easily done for new members to wander off into areas they shouldn't etc, or post in the wrong categories :|

On the Piper issue, I say no thank you, she might seem passable to appear in Doctor Who but seems somewhat Alien to be included in the James Bond franchise.

And having her in the M role anyway seemes doomed to failure, I can't see this ever going ahead

What next, Chris Evans as Leiter?

AS M!!!! SHE'S 29 FOR GOD'S SAKE! EON should do it if they want Bond to be older than his boss. Good God what a trash idea...
  • I meant Moneypenny!

X_X

So, No to Piper as MONEYPENNY, and, M also, and as Q, Leiter, Blofeld, Bonds Wife, Bonds daughter,or any Bond relation for that matter
  • This eve character should not and most likely will not be moneypenny so that rules harris out. Piper i think would be a good choice, she's a decent enough actress. And colin firth should be the next M, and john cleese in all honesty DESERVES to come back as Q
  • No and she's pregnant right now. Put's the kybosh on her filming, (if ever hell froze over).
  • Hatcher was expecting also during the filming of Tomorrow Never Dies, although you'd never have noticed it. I thought from the start that Piper was never really a serious rider in the Moneypenny stakes

Has the character actually been finalized yet, feel a bit embarrassed asking but there's so much going on with this new Bond release, early days and still some loose ends to tie up. You read all kind of things on the net but there's been no confirmation of this yet?

Same goes with Q etc

(I feel like I've been sleeping somewhere down the line but if they are both included for next year than fair enough)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,930
    I suppose we all have to pay the Piper sometime. Right, Q? :P
    <b><font color=darkblue>002: From now on, stop posting everything in the News section. It doesn't take a very long time to specify appropriate sections for your topics. </font></b>

very sorry didnt know that you could put it in seperate topics
  • 002 wrote:
    i think that Billie Piper would make a very sexy moneypenny and it would be interesting for a blonde moneypenny

also should John Cleese come back as Q?

<b><font color=darkblue>This isn't News. Moved to Skyfall /Disco</font></b>

First of all, no to Cleese as Q. I'd rather see an unknown character actor take the part if he comes back. With Cleese (who was terrible in TWINE but better in DAD) I kept thinking oh, it's John Cleese.

I don't see how Billie Piper fits the description of Moneypenny but Naomie Harris doesn't. When has Moneypenny ever been described as looking like Piper? And she's certainly as different a "type" from Lois Maxwell and Samantha Bond as Harris is.

I'm always surprised when people say that such-and-such an actress would make a "sexy" Moneypenny. Where does this idea that Moneypenny should be sexy (and young) come from?

002 wrote:

very sorry didnt know that you could put it in seperate topics
    When you create a thread, there should be a drop-down menu with CATEGORY next to it. "News" is the default setting.
    Sorry, I enjoyed her as Rose Tyler in Dr Who. But no way as Moneypenny in the Bond films! [-(
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Sorry, I enjoyed her as Rose Tyler in Dr Who. But no way as Moneypenny in the Bond films! [-(
    I second that.
    I third that.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Fourth
  • I'd actually like to see her as Moneypenny.

• RogueAgent wrote:
    Sorry, I enjoyed her as Belle De Jour. But no way as Moneypenny in the Bond films! [-(

Fixed ;-)
    Karen gillan would make a better moneypenny :)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,894
    I couldn't stand Piper in Doctor Who and I would not want to see her as Moneypenny.
    Rose "I wuv you Doctor" Tyler as Moneypenny?

Nope [shudders]

Karen Gillan would be better.
    Err no

(I remember this clear as day)

;)
    No no no.

And no to her singing the Skyfall track as well, 002! :-\"
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Billie Piper walked past me in a newsagent once. Very short and big teeth, but impossibly cute.

She could work as a Moneypenny, I guess, but probably in a 'lighter' era than Craig's (ie Brosnan's)...
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 11,189
    St_George wrote:
    Billie Piper walked past me in a newsagent once. Very short and big teeth, but impossibly cute.

She could work as a Moneypenny, I guess, but probably in a 'lighter' era than Craig's (ie Brosnan's)...

Brozza would finally have to pay the Piper ;)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited January 2012 Posts: 1,699
    BAIN123 wrote:
    St_George wrote:

Very good. Although I doubt Miss Piper would have been playing two roles at once, you know. Either that or are you suggesting Moneypenny would've been moonlighting as a lady of the night...? ;)
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 11,189
    St_George wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    St_George wrote:

Very good. Although I doubt Miss Piper would have been playing two roles at once, you know. Either that or are you suggesting Moneypenny would've been moonlighting as a lady of the night...? ;)

Well MP was an "independent woman" in the 90s and Billy Piper did play a classy call girl so you never know. ;)