2. GE
    3. QOS
    4. DAD
    5. SF
    6. TND
    --
    7. SP
    8. TWINE

Bottom two have great elements/moments, but as a whole are a step below the top 6. None are bad, except the last which is gratuitous.
    SP
    QOS
    TND

Then the rest which are all pretty weak to awful.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    CR
    GE
    TND
    SP
    SF
    DAD
    QOS
    TWINE
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    peter wrote: »
    I didn't realize that SF's PTS was only a minute shorter than TWINE's... Wow, one felt overly long and dragged on when it should have been over, and the other zips by... SF once again proves to be quite a magnificently produced Bond film.

It must be that TWINE is played out in short acts, whereas SF is shot as one scene, fluid and pacey. @StirredNotShaken makes the point very well.

I never realised they were similar lengths either.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I, for one, don't like the SF PTS all that much. Never bought the banter between Bond and Moneypenney, the score I find to be rather dull and the action is poorly shot.

TWINE is a thrill ride from start to finish in my book. Maybe I'm biased though, because that PTS introduced me to the world of Bond.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    I, for one, don't like the SF PTS all that much. Never bought the banter between Bond and Moneypenney, the score I find to be rather dull and the action is poorly shot.

TWINE is a thrill ride from start to finish in my book. Maybe I'm biased though, because that PTS introduced me to the world of Bond.

Of course you are biased, and rightly so.

If that was your introduction to Bond and it won you over, then that's a special moment, and a special film for you.

TWINE was my first Bond film as well. I love that PTS, don't get me wrong. But up against the VERY top ones it just falters a bit after so many viewings.

Mendes shares your opinion. He said the PTS was the part of SF he was least happy with - I think he felt it was just a relentless action sequence without a rhythm.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I must be in the minority then. I find SF's PTS to be well paced, tense, beautifully shot and scored, and well choreographed.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    jake24 wrote: »
    I must be in the minority then. I find SF's PTS to be well paced, tense, beautifully shot and scored, and well choreographed.

ditto
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 1,595
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Very close @ThighsOfXenia , our 3-5 are completely scrambled, but everything else lines up.

I saw how similar ours were right after posting. To be honest, a lot of them are arbitrarily placed. The bottom two just lose points for a few factors, but they're still good sequences. TWINE just runs too long, and SP suffers a bit visually and in terms of tonal shifts. That Sam Smith fade-in also haunts.

Edit: To clarify, SP's opening is visually impressive. I think the color timing does it no favors, though, and really wears the whole thing down. I do really like it, and I think there hasn't been a single sub-par PTS since Brosnan took the role.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I think the PTS for SF is well shot but sort of "tired". Anyone else know what I mean?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Remington wrote: »
    I think the PTS for SF is well shot but sort of "tired". Anyone else know what I mean?
    Pretty much how I feel about most of the action in SP. SF's action seems a lot more energetic and suspenseful to me.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    TND
    CR
    GE
    TWINE
    QOS
    SF
    SP
    DAD
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Pretty much how I feel about most of the action in SP. SF's action seems a lot more energetic and suspenseful to me.

Same. I used to think the action in SF was mediocre but I think it's good now. However, this was after I sawthe "action" in SP. Controversially, I think the climax is the best set piece in SF on a technical level.

Same. I used to think the action in SF was mediocre but I think it's good now. However, this was after I sawthe "action" in SP. Controversially, I think the climax is the best set piece in SF on a technical level.
    Agreed.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    1.CR
    2.SF
    3.QOS
    4.GE
    5.SP
    6.TND
    7.DAD
    8.TWINE
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 17,272
    I'm surprised how low the DAD PTS is on most lists. I think it's great.

It's certainly one I enjoy quite a lot, even though I have it on 6th currently.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

I don't like the aesthetics and colour timing very much. It sort of reminds me of the SP PTS with a washed out look and similarly has some pretty obvious CGI when Moon and Bond are fighting on the hovercraft.

There are certainly some good moments though (especially the opening wave surf) but for some reason it has always reminded me of a poor man's TND (it must be the big congregation of villains with Bond in an open space followed by a chase).
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

It's one of my all time favorites.

It's my second favorite out of this batch of films.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Same here. It's last on the current listings but I don't think we've actually had a subpar PTS in the last 25 years, which is a nice thing to realise. They've all been pretty damn good.

Well it's from what most consider the worst Bond movie, the pts is sub par with the rest imo. The opening surf scene is well done but the hovercraft chase is terrible. Usual stuff from Vic Armstrong, shooting and explosions..yawn!