The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2023 Posts: 23,394
    2 - 0 Joelinton is on fire.

This could be a cricket score at this rate.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    OMG 3 - 0 after 8 minutes.
    4 - 0 demolition 18 minutes gone.
    5 - 0 Isak gets his second only 20 minutes gone. :-O

Think the record books are gong to be rewritten here.
    Oh my! Didn't plan to watch this game, but had to turn it on just to see what's happening!
    Oh my! Didn't plan to watch this game, but had to turn it on just to see what's happening!

Things quietened down a bit though a long way to go, Newcastle don't tend to stop so expecting more goals at some point.
    Spurs are as bad as there away kit, which is really bad.
    Half time I know a few Geordi's that will be buzzing, this Newcastle reminds me of Kevin Keegan's all out attack side though defends better.
    Kane goal game on...
    Shaw and Rashford return no Maguire I did not realize he was suspended <:-P
    6 - 1 Wilson.
    What a result for Newcastle! It's looking increasingly likely that Sp*rs miss out of the CL.
    What a result for Newcastle! It's looking increasingly likely that Sp*rs miss out of the CL.

Yeah 6 points behind Man united and we have two game in hand and we play them soon. Liverpool could catch and overtake Spurs.
    Hopefully our front line can do the business, Brighton will be tough.
    The lack of consistency from the ref is poor.
  • edited April 2023 Posts: 17,295

Yeah 6 points behind Man united and we have two game in hand and we play them soon. Liverpool could catch and overtake Spurs.

Haven't thought about that! Liverpool have a decent fixture list as well.

I imagine this will be a close game. Brighton have been great this season, but United have players like Rashford, who can create things on his own.

Haven't thought about that! Liverpool have a decent fixture list as well.

I imagine this will be a close game. Brighton have been great this season, but United have players like Rashford, who can create things on his own.

Still 0 - 0 been one hell of a battle with 15 minutes to go.
    Rashford done next to nothing does not look fit, he will probably get the winner lol
    Extra time still deadlocked.
    Penalties god this game has been stressful, De Gea is not great at penalties...
    Very heavy rain could be an equalizer.,
    Lindelof is the hero 7 - 6 on penalties............. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was stress credit to Brighton, that is a game you don't want to lose. To beat City in the final we really need to step it up and get players fit.
    Lindelof is the hero 7 - 6 on penalties............. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was stress credit to Brighton, that is a game you don't want to lose. To beat City in the final we really need to step it up and get players fit.

Massive win for United. City will be tough to beat, but anything is possible in a cup final!

Hahaha! :))
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Salah my Captain at home to Forest not bad, Martinelli scored me some points at least yesterday.

Salah was my captaincy pick as well. Regret not picking Jota for my Free Hit team though.
    Arsenal gifting City the title here. They've completely lost it.

I thought this was going to be a clean sheet.
    Good comeback though to at least get a point.

Unfortunately for Arsenal, that one point wont be enough to compete with City for the title. They really have taken themselves out of the race with recent performances. Expected this to happen, but would have thought that it would have happened earlier. At this point of the season, it's even more heartbreaking…

I know what you're going through as we finished 2nd to man c (who have been charged with breaking financial fair play rules around 100 times over a nine-year period) 3 times.

It's not worth worrying about too much as there are more important things in life.

Indeed there is. It certainly helps that I never really believed they could do it. But it would have felt better if they were failing at chasing City, rather than failing to keep a lead in the title race. The fact that they've been so close to something that – if we are being realistic – probably won't happen again, have probably crept into the players minds. The way they've performed recently shows it.

Man City v Arsenal in a couple of days will be the game of the season.
    Arteta should play for a draw and park the bus, counter attack with martinelli who is a speed machine imo.

What do you think arteta will do ? Normal formation ?
    Reaction to Premier League Weekend
    Quick turn over next GW is tomorrow, going to save my transfers for the Double GW after.
    Gameweek 33 is less than a day away, so let's have a look at how gameweek 32 went! Gameweek 32 finished with a considerably lower average score of 42, with lesser owned players like Isak, Murphy and Diogo Jota among the players delivering the highest scores. Our league had some good scores despite the low average, and none did better than MEJICO POWA, finishing the gameweek with 70 points. Congratulations! =D>

CagLng3.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7: –
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    GW 15: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 16: E J Ibanga
    GW 17: Cremonese-killen
    GW 18: E J Ibanga
    GW 19: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 20: MEJICO POWA
    GW 21: E J Ibanga
    GW 22: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 23: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 24: MEJICO POWA
    GW 25: AC Miami
    GW 26: ابو كاتم
    GW 27: AC Miami
    GW 28: Cremonese-killen & Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 29: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 30: Cremonese-killen
    GW 31: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 32: MEJICO POWA
    _______

Don't forget the midweek deadline tomorrow at 18:00 UK time!
    Salah my Captain at home to Forest not bad, Martinelli scored me some points at least yesterday.

Salah was my captaincy pick as well. Regret not picking Jota for my Free Hit team though.

Unfortunately for Arsenal, that one point wont be enough to compete with City for the title. They really have taken themselves out of the race with recent performances. Expected this to happen, but would have thought that it would have happened earlier. At this point of the season, it's even more heartbreaking…

I know what you're going through as we finished 2nd to man c (who have been charged with breaking financial fair play rules around 100 times over a nine-year period) 3 times.

It's not worth worrying about too much as there are more important things in life.

Indeed there is. It certainly helps that I never really believed they could do it. But it would have felt better if they were failing at chasing City, rather than failing to keep a lead in the title race. The fact that they've been so close to something that – if we are being realistic – probably won't happen again, have probably crept into the players minds. The way they've performed recently shows it.

Arteta should play for a draw and park the bus, counter attack with martinelli who is a speed machine imo.

First of all, I think nothing but three points is enough for Arsenal, so they really have to go for it – which could get ugly if it fails. As for the team – with Saliba increasingly likely to miss the rest of the season – they will probably field the same team as they have in recent weeks. I think Arsenal writer James McNicholas (AKA Gunnerblog) wrote something like he'd like to see Partey drop down in defence instead of Holding, with Jorginho taking the midfield spot. It makes sense given Holding's lack of game time this season, but it will be a brand new starting eleven – and do you want to do so against City of all teams? I doubt it.

He must be really happy to have Hodgson, Emery and Dyche back in the Prem. Can't think of a much better group of managers to portray!
    Quick turn over next GW is tomorrow, going to save my transfers for the Double GW after.

Not sure what to do myself. Might save a transfer, but making a few changes to my team is tempting.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited April 2023 Posts: 2,355

First of all, I think nothing but three points is enough for Arsenal, so they really have to go for it – which could get ugly if it fails. As for the team – with Saliba increasingly likely to miss the rest of the season – they will probably field the same team as they have in recent weeks. I think Arsenal writer James McNicholas (AKA Gunnerblog) wrote something like he'd like to see Partey drop down in defence instead of Holding, with Jorginho taking the midfield spot. It makes sense given Holding's lack of game time this season, but it will be a brand new starting eleven – and do you want to do so against City of all teams? I doubt it.

He must be really happy to have Hodgson, Emery and Dyche back in the Prem. Can't think of a much better group of managers to portray!

Not sure what to do myself. Might save a transfer, but making a few changes to my team is tempting.

I'll probably save a transfer for GW34 too which is the start of the Back of the net! cup.
    Or bring back EH this gw....