The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

Abraham still a doubt due to pain, Lampard giving him every chance to play on Wednesday

I am keeping him for now as my bench is strong this GW

Wish Lampard could be more clear than that! Will probably have to keep for now.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2019 Posts: 23,394
    Abraham still a doubt due to pain, Lampard giving him every chance to play on Wednesday

Missed deadline got distracted by something so not made a change I wanted to do, I have to stop leaving it so late to check my team. Yeah if he is not playing rather Lamps just say that.

Missed deadline got distracted by something so not made a change I wanted to do, I have to stop leaving it so late to check my team. Yeah if he is not playing rather Lamps just say that.

What move did you plan to make? Took a gamble on Mount out for Zaha myself.

Left Abraham in my starting eleven. If he starts he's a good option. If not, then I get Rico or Saka off the bench (I forgot to check who I left first and second sub!).
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Left Abraham in my starting eleven. If he starts he's a good option. If not, then I get Rico or Saka off the bench (I forgot to check who I left first and second sub!).

I swapped Mount for KDB, Mount is cheap though not delivering enough. I kept Abraham in starting line up with Cantwell as first sub, I was in two minds and was going to make Tomori first sub oh well, Villa will probably score against Chelsea.

Just remembered every game over the next three days is on Amazon Prime, i can watch both Burnley v City and Palace v Bournemouth at the same time as got TV and four other screens currently in my Lounge :))
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,295

I swapped Mount for KDB, Mount is cheap though not delivering enough. I kept Abraham in starting line up with Cantwell as first sub, I was in two minds and was going to make Tomori first sub oh well, Villa will probably score against Chelsea.

Just remembered every game over the next three days is on Amazon Prime, i can watch both Burnley v City and Palace v Bournemouth at the same time as got TV and four other screens currently in my Lounge :))

From what I've seen of teams with Tomori, some are benching him, and others aren't. I guess there's a bit of uncertainty as far as Chelsea's defence goes. I must admit feeling a bit uneasy transferring Mount out, as I have a feeling he might deliver again soon. But on the other hand you have other options in that price bracket that might do just as well. That's why I went with Zaha.

Oooh, that sounds great! TV2 are showing both matches tonight on their sports channels/streaming service. I don't know about the games tomorrow and Thursday though.
    Here are the gameweek 15 captaincy picks!

Vardy: 12
    Kane: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Sterling: 1
    Salah: 1
    Aubameyang: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Mané: 1

Vardy is by far the most captained player this gameweek with 12(!) managers giving him the armband. I think this is the most backed player in a gameweek so far for our league!

No matter who you've captained, good luck!

From what I've seen of teams with Tomori, some are benching him, and others aren't. I guess there's a bit of uncertainty as far as Chelsea's defence goes. I must admit feeling a bit uneasy transferring Mount out, as I have a feeling he might deliver again soon. But on the other hand you have other options in that price bracket that might do just as well. That's why I went with Zaha.

Oooh, that sounds great! TV2 are showing both matches tonight on their sports channels/streaming service. I don't know about the games tomorrow and Thursday though.

Amazon Prime are streaming six games tomorrow, its the way to go going forward certainly in this country as we are often only given selective choices of games.

Chelsea will score in most games though I trust the other defenders in my team more, and Cantwell form I had to make him first sub to be fair, I have a feeling Abraham wont make it
    I captained Vardy, not picking him in two recent GW's was not good for my ranking at all, other players bailed me out

Amazon Prime are streaming six games tomorrow, its the way to go going forward certainly in this country as we are often only given selective choices of games.

Chelsea will score in most games though I trust the other defenders in my team more, and Cantwell form I had to make him first sub to be fair, I have a feeling Abraham wont make it

It's like that over here too; usually it's just selected games – especially the Saturday 3pm kick-offs. TV2 hold all the PL rights, so I doubt we'll see any competing platforms and sites showing PL content over here anytime soon.

I think players like Lundstram are the best options really - offering more than just clean sheet potential. Chelsea will get a few clean sheets of course, but I think it's really difficult to predict when they will.

I have a feeling Abraham won't play or be risked for a cameo appearance, so we're likely to get someone off the bench.
    I captained Vardy, not picking him in two recent GW's was not good for my ranking at all, other players bailed me out
    I just kept the armband on Vardy from last gameweek. Didn't even consider anyone else, just so I wouldn't have to think about anything else than which transfer to make.

It's like that over here too; usually it's just selected games – especially the Saturday 3pm kick-offs. TV2 hold all the PL rights, so I doubt we'll see any competing platforms and sites showing PL content over here anytime soon.

I think players like Lundstram are the best options really - offering more than just clean sheet potential. Chelsea will get a few clean sheets of course, but I think it's really difficult to predict when they will.

I have a feeling Abraham won't play or be risked for a cameo appearance, so we're likely to get someone off the bench.

In the UK there are too many channels with rights to Football, I have Sky and Amazon though not BT, I refuse to get BT Sport, plus United are not in the CL so its a easy decision. The split rights is not fair to the consumer its too much money to shell out and there are none sport streaming services also to pay for.

Watching Zaha undoubted ability though he really does over play sometimes when a simple pass will do.

In the UK there are too many channels with rights to Football, I have Sky and Amazon though not BT, I refuse to get BT Sport, plus United are not in the CL so its a easy decision. The split rights is not fair to the consumer its too much money to shell out and there are none sport streaming services also to pay for.

Watching Zaha undoubted ability though he really does over play sometimes when a simple pass will do.

Yes, it's certainly not fair having to subscribe to all these services just to be able to watch football. You can probably live with two different services if they're not to expensive, but three or more is just too much.

Sakho just got a straight red! Fear for my Zaha pick now…
    Yeah just saw the red card not good for Palace with there home form

Patrick van Aanholt got injured as well! This is not going well X_X

Jesus goal though offside it was a good bit of improvisation, I only have KDB paying tonight

Jesus goal though offside it was a good bit of improvisation, I only have KDB paying tonight

Zaha, De Bruyne and Pope here. Don't know what to expect or hope for!
    KDB down injured, Silva assist I think
    Jesus goal
    Jesus goal

Hope KDB will be fine!
    Jesus goal

Hope KDB will be fine!

KDB seems ok he has got into some good positions, hopefully he will score before anyone else does as I suspect Pep will sub KDB when the result is in the bag
    Jesus goal

Hope KDB will be fine!

KDB seems ok he has got into some good positions, hopefully he will score before anyone else does as I suspect Pep will sub KDB when the result is in the bag

Very true. Hope Pope gets plenty of save points as well to make up for the conceded goal (or goals more likely).
    Jesus goal

Hope KDB will be fine!

Very true. Hope Pope gets plenty of save points as well to make up for the conceded goal (or goals more likely).

Prior to last GW I did consider a Abraham to Jesus swap, his two goals and inevitable bonus points tonight are making me kick myself lol
    KDB could have had 2 or 3 assists in this game if Sterling were sharper

Rodri goal a blaster 3 - 0
    KDB subbed with 10 minutes to go
    Jesus goal

Hope KDB will be fine!

Prior to last GW I did consider a Abraham to Jesus swap, his two goals and inevitable bonus points tonight are making me kick myself lol

It's difficult to predict these things!

Not going well so far. Rico first sub with a clean sheet, Pope 1 points, Zaha 3 points, KDB 3 points…
    Jesus goal

Hope KDB will be fine!

Not going well so far. Rico first sub with a clean sheet, Pope 1 points, Zaha 3 points, KDB 3 points…

True though I was also watching an FPL channel and one guy kept saying stay away from Jesus he wont do anything lol

This week because GW's re in quick succession I am less stressed than usual in FPL stress terms lol
    Jesus goal

Hope KDB will be fine!

True though I was also watching an FPL channel and one guy kept saying stay away from Jesus he wont do anything lol

This week because GW's re in quick succession I am less stressed than usual in FPL stress terms lol

I've seen a few of those this week. Guess some of those saying that regrets it now, Haha!

Definitely! You won't have so much time making decisions or going through with transfers. Rotation is to be expected though, so that's a worry.
    Jesus goal

Hope KDB will be fine!

I've seen a few of those this week. Guess some of those saying that regrets it now, Haha!

Definitely! You won't have so much time making decisions or going through with transfers. Rotation is to be expected though, so that's a worry.

I cant afford the swap now so hope Abraham makes a full recovery as he is still a great option and Key to Chelsea.

My bench is too good two weeks running Kelly on my bench got six points
    Jesus goal

Hope KDB will be fine!

I cant afford the swap now so hope Abraham makes a full recovery as he is still a great option and Key to Chelsea.

I'm in two minds about Abraham; he's maybe the best option at that price, but on the other hand, downgrading him to a cheaper striker to play alongside Jiménez and Vardy would give me the opportunity to upgrade my midfield. I've in a way gone against that move with bringing in Zaha, but if Patrick van Aanholt is unavailable going forward with his injury in tonight's game, Zaha might see less of the ball (perhaps). I might consider taking him out for a hit I have a bad gameweek; I need to be more aggressive in the way I play going forward - probably taking the occasional hit. I've only taken two hits in total so far!

The one good thing about missing out on those points though, is the fact you have bench players that can deliver. That's a great advantage!
    Jesus goal

Hope KDB will be fine!

I'm in two minds about Abraham; he's maybe the best option at that price, but on the other hand, downgrading him to a cheaper striker to play alongside Jiménez and Vardy would give me the opportunity to upgrade my midfield. I've in a way gone against that move with bringing in Zaha, but if Patrick van Aanholt is unavailable going forward with his injury in tonight's game, Zaha might see less of the ball (perhaps). I might consider taking him out for a hit I have a bad gameweek; I need to be more aggressive in the way I play going forward - probably taking the occasional hit. I've only taken two hits in total so far!

The one good thing about missing out on those points though, is the fact you have bench players that can deliver. That's a great advantage!

I took a hit this week to get in KDB and Alli in, I am slowly becoming more impulsive with signings though certain players have dropped off and I decided not to dwell to much and get rid. It may not always work out though last year I kept dud players way too long and had a much worse season than I am having now.
    Jesus goal

Hope KDB will be fine!

I took a hit this week to get in KDB and Alli in, I am slowly becoming more impulsive with signings though certain players have dropped off and I decided not to dwell to much and get rid. It may not always work out though last year I kept dud players way too long and had a much worse season than I am having now.

I think I'm in that situation now, keeping players for too long. Of course, when I get around to actually move them on, they start delivering points…

If I had downgraded Abraham once it was clear he would miss one game at least, I would be one step ahead from where I am now as far as transfers goes. Going forward I'm a bit unsure what moves I will be making. It's tempting to get a goalkeeper with good fixtures, and the midfield is an issue. I might need to consider a few punts to see if that can have a positive effect on the overall ranking.
    Jesus goal

Hope KDB will be fine!

I think I'm in that situation now, keeping players for too long. Of course, when I get around to actually move them on, they start delivering points…

If I had downgraded Abraham once it was clear he would miss one game at least, I would be one step ahead from where I am now as far as transfers goes.

Going forward I'm a bit unsure what moves I will be making. It's tempting to get a goalkeeper with good fixtures, and the midfield is an issue. I might need to consider a few punts to see if that can have a positive effect on the overall ranking.

I am trying to focus on form rather than status, for example Sterling does not look as sharp as he was early season from tonight's game, short term I am glad I sold him, plus his price was dropping. If Salah does nothing in the next few weeks I will switch to Mane, I am concerned the ankle injury will be a season long issue.