The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    May go for a double transfer now, Deli Ali and KDB in for Mount and Son. I think Jose is building his team round Deli Ali and if so KDB and Deli should out point Mount and Son

Looks like good moves! Although Son got a decent score today, it looks like Ali is the one to look at. I can't get him easily, unless I make a sideways move transferring out Son. I don't think I'll stick with Mount either, but I might need to prioritise Abraham and the bench before next gameweek.

Made the transfer as if I waited I would have been priced out of it, knowing how Jose sets his team up I can see some good Deli Ali Points from him playing behind the striker. And KDB v Mount no contest

That was quick! Haven't checked how likely it is certain players will go up in price, but if I can, I'll wait as long as possible before making any moves.
    My current new squad is...
    Ryan
    TAA, Soyuncu, Lundstrum
    KDB, Martial, Deli Ali, Salah
    Jiminez, Vardy, Abraham

Bench...
    Button, Tomori, Kelly, Cantwell.

Heading into the Christmas period much happier with that team

Looking very strong that team! Much better than mine (the bench particularly).

Yeah with rotation and how current squads are my bench not including Button are starters in there teams currently
    I am concerned about Salah

Going into this period with a strong bench is an advantage. I hope I can get away with doing so slowly, not having to take too many hits.

Any news why he didn't play the full 90 mins? Rested with the upcoming games in mind?

I saw he came off after 68 minutes I think it was, not sure at this point perhaps Klopp thought the game was already won and was precautionary. I hope Salah misses out on the World Club Cup, assuming he is still in my team by then
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 17,312
    May go for a double transfer now, Deli Ali and KDB in for Mount and Son. I think Jose is building his team round Deli Ali and if so KDB and Deli should out point Mount and Son

Looks like good moves! Although Son got a decent score today, it looks like Ali is the one to look at. I can't get him easily, unless I make a sideways move transferring out Son. I don't think I'll stick with Mount either, but I might need to prioritise Abraham and the bench before next gameweek.

Made the transfer as if I waited I would have been priced out of it, knowing how Jose sets his team up I can see some good Deli Ali Points from him playing behind the striker. And KDB v Mount no contest

That was quick! Haven't checked how likely it is certain players will go up in price, but if I can, I'll wait as long as possible before making any moves.
    Ryan
    TAA, Soyuncu, Lundstrum
    Jiminez, Vardy, Abraham

Bench...

Yeah with rotation and how current squads are my bench not including Button are starters in there teams currently

Going into this period with a strong bench is an advantage. I hope I can get away with doing so slowly, not having to take too many hits.

Any news why he didn't play the full 90 mins? Rested with the upcoming games in mind?

I saw he came off after 68 minutes I think it was, not sure at this point perhaps Klopp thought the game was already won and was precautionary. I hope Salah misses out on the World Club Cup, assuming he is still in my team by then

It's something to keep an eye on. Might just be that they don't want any more injuries before the December games. They have a great opportunity to win the PL, and Klopp probably wants to make sure he rotates enough.

The World Club Cup worries me. I did consider bringing in Firmino, but a triple-up with a blank just a few gameweeks away, wouldn't necessarily have been a wise decision. I wonder if I can get away with benching Alexander-Arnold and Mané that gameweek, or if I need to transfer one or both out.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,457

Ryan
    TAA, Soyuncu, Lundstrum
    Jiminez, Vardy, Abraham

Bench...

It's something to keep an eye on. Might just be that they don't want any more injuries before the December games. They have a great opportunity to win the PL, and Klopp probably wants to make sure he rotates enough.

The World Club Cup worries me. I did consider bringing in Firmino, but a triple-up with a blank just a few gameweeks away, wouldn't necessarily have been a wise decision. I wonder if I can get away with benching Alexander-Arnold and Mané that gameweek, or if I need to transfer one or both out.

How many GW's will they miss not checked? If only one I will probably bench both (TAA and Salah) it will be difficult for me to get either back in with current funds

Ryan
    TAA, Soyuncu, Lundstrum
    Jiminez, Vardy, Abraham

Bench...

How many GW's will they miss not checked? If only one I will probably bench both (TAA and Salah) it will be difficult for me to get either back in with current funds

One blank (gameweek 18). Don't know if they might miss more games or not.

Ryan
    TAA, Soyuncu, Lundstrum
    Jiminez, Vardy, Abraham

Bench...

You are right for avoiding a triple up on Liverpool

I wonder how much Chelsea missed Abraham today as he has been touted as key, hopefully he will be back midweek
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 17,312

Ryan
    TAA, Soyuncu, Lundstrum
    Jiminez, Vardy, Abraham

Bench...

I wonder how much Chelsea missed Abraham today as he has been touted as key, hopefully he will be back midweek

It wouldn't surprise me if that had an impact. Didn't watch the match, so I don't know how Chelsea played.

Ryan
    TAA, Soyuncu, Lundstrum
    Jiminez, Vardy, Abraham

Bench...

It wouldn't surprise me if that had an impact. Didn't watch the match, so I don't know how Chelsea played.

Just watching Liverpool game Allison sending off god knows what he was thinking

Ryan
    TAA, Soyuncu, Lundstrum
    Jiminez, Vardy, Abraham

Bench...

Just watching Liverpool game Allison sending off god knows what he was thinking

I think we're all wondering what he thought there!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Sheffield 1-0 Wolves!
    Sheffield 1-0 Wolves!

That was quick!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    78451841-2574366985976800-5006957695538823168-n.jpg
    Blatant penalty for Arsenal
    Saved by Krull
    Penalty to be retaken
    Phew! Now get that win, PLEASE!
    Norwich retakes the lead, 2-1.
    Good goal I will take those much needed Cantwell points
    Damn…
    Damn…

Side show Bob is not very good, he was poor for the first goal

Damn…

Side show Bob is not very good, he was poor for the first goal

They all were…
    Aubameyang equalizes again, 2-2.
    Aubameyang equalizes again, 2-2.

At least Arsenal managed a draw. Didn't look like they would.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,692
    Aston Villa 1-0 Man United.
    Everton 1-0 Leicester.
    Ole out or will be in roughly a week I think

Any indications what will happen?
    Again a bit late with the gameweek updates; sorry about that!

Our gameweek 13 winner was EMRE CAN Fan - congratulations! =D>
    7xmt9kW.jpg

…and our most recent gameweek winner is DICKLESS TOWN - congratulations! =D>
    ZXnsycU.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC
    GW 7: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 8: 11 FishFingers
    GW 9: LVLA Skopje 05 / EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 10: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: Team Extreme
    GW 13: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 14: DICKLESS TOWN

And here's how our league did this gameweek. 16 (!) out of 19 teams beat or equaled the gameweek average of 51 points. The average score was high this weekend, so that the majority managed to match or beat that score is fantastic. :-)
    League table standings:
    1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 57 - TOT 788
    2. Team Extreme: GW 55 - TOT 779
    3. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 55 - TOT 762
    4. 11 FishFingers: GW 51 - TOT 755
    5. AFC Fritzson: GW 59 - TOT 753
    6. Anotherwastedcorner: GW 37 - TOT 741
    7. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 50 - TOT 734
    8. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 51 - TOT 732
    9. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 97 - TOT 725
    10. Anfield FC: GW 43 - TOT722
    11. Overload: GW 54 - TOT 721
    12. bliblikadek: GW 56 - TOT 715
    13. George'sRetroRockets: GW 70 - TOT 696
    14. GoldyTheRef: GW 67 - TOT 688
    15. bobby’sfashionsense: GW 54 - TOT 687
    16. Benny's Blues: GW 60 - TOT 677
    17. MEJICO POWA: GW 58 - TOT 648
    18. Flitwick Flyers: GW 66 - TOT 646
    19. Manchester United: GW 59 - TOT 404

There will be many games played in December, and the next gameweek starts already tomorrow - with a 18:30 deadline (UK time)!
    edited December 2019 Posts: 23,457

None from the club though surely Ole position will be untenable if we lose to Spurs and City, It would be ironic if Jose winning cost Ole his job though I would expect the board if they were to make a change it would be after the City game.

---

Congrats to DICKLESS TOWN that must be the top score in our mini league this season so far
    My team for gameweek #15:

Guaita
    Soyuncu, Chilwell, Alexander-Arnold, Lundstram
    Salah, Pulisic, H Wilson, Traoré
    Vardy (C), Jimenez

None from the club though surely Ole position will be untenable if we lose to Spurs and City, It would be ironic if Jose winning cost Ole his job though I would expect the board if they were to make a change it would be after the City game.

---

Congrats to DICKLESS TOWN that must be the top score in our mini league this season so far

Yeah, they probably won't do anything after that. If he gets something from those games on the other hand…
    My team for gameweek #15:

Guaita
    Soyuncu, Chilwell, Alexander-Arnold, Lundstram
    Salah, Pulisic, H Wilson, Traoré
    Vardy (C), Jimenez

Looking very strong for this gameweek, @DaltonCraig007!
    edited December 2019 Posts: 23,457
    Abraham still a doubt due to pain, Lampard giving him every chance to play on Wednesday

I am keeping him for now as my bench is strong this GW