The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    23/24 fixtures have been released...

Opening day Fixtures
    FbeRegR.png

Full Fixture List
    https://www.premierleague.com/fixtures
    I can see a few Brighton players leaving.

The media suggesting Rice to Arsenal is on...

Man United need to sort this takeover deal ASAP. or we will miss out on players.

A lot of reports suggesting the Rice deal is imminent. The reports have suggested so for weeks though, so I don't know if it's true or not. City have apparently shown interest in him too…
    Mbappe according to reports is letting his contract run down at PSG, he has 1 year left on his contract.

I'd be very surprised if he stays at PSG after this contract runs out. Bet we'll see him at Real Madrid soon.

Opening day Fixtures
    FbeRegR.png

Full Fixture List

Looks like it will be Haaland (C) for me in gameweek 1!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Man United need to sort this takeover deal ASAP. or we will miss out on players.

A lot of reports suggesting the Rice deal is imminent. The reports have suggested so for weeks though, so I don't know if it's true or not. City have apparently shown interest in him too…
    Mbappe according to reports is letting his contract run down at PSG, he has 1 year left on his contract.

I'd be very surprised if he stays at PSG after this contract runs out. Bet we'll see him at Real Madrid soon.

Opening day Fixtures
    FbeRegR.png

Full Fixture List

Haaland (C) for me in gameweek 1 too... :)>-
    I can't wait for the new season.
    We should have a daily countdown till the start...... :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Opening day Fixtures
    FbeRegR.png

Full Fixture List

I have decided to temporarily delete Man United fan channels from my feed, there are way too many reports on players that are false and in previous years the player talk has wound me up :)).

I will just pay attention to the other teams when news breaks. If Rice does go to Arsenal it will be a major signing and will push them a bit closer to the title. I think what may have the biggest baring on the title will be any potential City departures if any, and how they recruit and adjust to that.
    Ruben Neves going to Saudi Arabia at the age of 26 is a concern for the game. Saudi Arabia have astronomical amounts of money with no restriction on wages etc. The more players in there prime that go to Saudi will destabilize the game, our already inflated wages and player cost will just rise further when agents are using Saudi as a bargaining tool.
    England cruising this group for the Euro's, this is the best England squad I have seen in my lifetime.

Trent playing in midfield for the second game running and looking very good, I wonder if Trent will continue for Liverpool in this position and whether it will change his FPL position.
    3 - 0 Rashford, England playing outstanding football at times.
    edited June 2023 Posts: 23,388
    4 - 0 Saka gets his second which was top class, Trent's pass wow.
    5 - 0 Wow Saka hatrick.
    Foden and Grealish on off the bench, I don't think Bellingham is in the squad. ridiculous strength in depth.
    6 - 0 Phillips.
    7 - 0 Kane complete demolition job.
  • edited June 2023 Posts: 17,295

Opening day Fixtures
    FbeRegR.png

Full Fixture List

Hahaha, a break is good though isn't it? I am looking forward to next season and more FPL though. Looks like the transfer window could be a fun one too.

Opening day Fixtures
    FbeRegR.png

Full Fixture List

I have decided to temporarily delete Man United fan channels from my feed, there are way too many reports on players that are false and in previous years the player talk has wound me up :)).

I will just pay attention to the other teams when news breaks. If Rice does go to Arsenal it will be a major signing and will push them a bit closer to the title. I think what may have the biggest baring on the title will be any potential City departures if any, and how they recruit and adjust to that.

I have contemplated the same for Arsenal channels and accounts I follow, just to get a break from football – but I doubt I'll be able to bring myself to do it! :))

I expect City will dominate – as usual – next season. The transfer rumours for Arsenal look very promising though – and suggests that they have a clear plan for their recruitment – which is a big contrast to what they were doing just a few transfer windows ago. It will be very interesting to see what United bring up from the hat too. I've seen some rumours, but little which seems like being more than just that.
    England cruising this group for the Euro's, this is the best England squad I have seen in my lifetime.

Trent playing in midfield for the second game running and looking very good, I wonder if Trent will continue for Liverpool in this position and whether it will change his FPL position.

I've only been seeing the Norway games. Very bad result against Scotland on Saturday, which only leaves Nations League as an option, by the looks of it. A better game against Cyprus tonight though.

The squad depth England has got right now is very impressive. You'd expect this group of players to achieve something – especially seeing as some of the other big European nations teams are becoming older.
    edited June 2023 Posts: 2,354

Opening day Fixtures
    FbeRegR.png

Full Fixture List

Hahaha, a break is good though isn't it? I am looking forward to next season and more FPL though. Looks like the transfer window could be a fun one too.

Opening day Fixtures
    FbeRegR.png

Full Fixture List

I have contemplated the same for Arsenal channels and accounts I follow, just to get a break from football – but I doubt I'll be able to bring myself to do it! :))

I expect City will dominate – as usual – next season. The transfer rumours for Arsenal look very promising though – and suggests that they have a clear plan for their recruitment – which is a big contrast to what they were doing just a few transfer windows ago. It will be very interesting to see what United bring up from the hat too. I've seen some rumours, but little which seems like being more than just that.

I've only been seeing the Norway games. Very bad result against Scotland on Saturday, which only leaves Nations League as an option, by the looks of it. A better game against Cyprus tonight though.

The squad depth England has got right now is very impressive. You'd expect this group of players to achieve something – especially seeing as some of the other big European nations teams are becoming older.

What do you think of your new signings ?

Declan Rice: Arsenal agree £105m deal to sign West Ham and England midfielder this summer
    Arsenal's third bid of £105m will make Declan Rice the most expensive British transfer ever; Man City ended interest after having £90m bid rejected by West Ham

Following the announcement that he has joined Arsenal from Chelsea in a £65m deal, Kai Havertz says it 'feels super exciting' to join the north London side

Do you think manu should sign Mason Mount and re-sign de Gea ?

Do you think manu should sign Mason Mount and re-sign de Gea ?

Mount is a good purchase at that price, It's baffling that Chelsea are selling some of there best players. United still desperately need a CDM and Striker, apparently we have bid for the Inter keeper, De Gea is now officially a free agent so god knows what will happen with him now.
    edited July 2023 Posts: 2,354
    Dominik Szoboszlai will travel to Merseyside and undergo a medical after Liverpool triggered his £60m release clause; Newcastle were also interested but have now pulled out of the race for the 22-year-old

Never heard of this player until a couple of days ago.
    He seems to be highly rated.

What do you think of your new signings ?

Declan Rice: Arsenal agree £105m deal to sign West Ham and England midfielder this summer
    Arsenal's third bid of £105m will make Declan Rice the most expensive British transfer ever; Man City ended interest after having £90m bid rejected by West Ham

Following the announcement that he has joined Arsenal from Chelsea in a £65m deal, Kai Havertz says it 'feels super exciting' to join the north London side

I think all the signings that might be happening makes sense. Arsenal are obviously paying big fees for Rice and Havertz, so one can only hope they become a success. I was surprised at how bad Havertz time at Chelsea went really, as he was great in the little I saw of him from the Bundesliga. If he's used more properly at Arsenal, he might be a good addition to the team. Rice is a very crucial signing to get over the line, which the reported fee suggests.
    _______

Other clubs are making key signings now too, by the looks of it. Mount to United is a great signing for them, and everything suggests that Szoboszlai is a key signing for Liverpool too. Kovačić joining City might not be the most exciting transfer story, but the City team will get another good player joining an already strong squad…
    Speaking of transfers: Can't believe it until we see it (I mean, come on! – also, I bet this isn't the most reliable source) but…

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47764ypv1lrzgmddo0yper7eqjee7e0oyrxlgcr7ve&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Speaking of transfers: Can't believe it until we see it (I mean, come on! – also, I bet this isn't the most reliable source) but…

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47764ypv1lrzgmddo0yper7eqjee7e0oyrxlgcr7ve&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

The link won't work for me, who is it?
  • edited July 2023 Posts: 17,295

Kylian Mbappé. Ridiculous rumour, but I saw another tweet suggesting that Arsenal were looking at a move for a forward player that could be significant. Outside strengthening the squad with the players already on the way to or rumoured to the club, a big striker signing could bring them closer to where they aim to be. Can't see it happening given the money already being spent this transfer window. Might be just Twitter nonsense too, obviously (the link is down too now…)

My bet is that he ends up at Real Madrid, which has always been a likely destination.

Kylian Mbappé. Ridiculous rumour, but I saw another tweet suggesting that Arsenal were looking at a move for a forward player that could be significant. Outside strengthening the squad with the players already on the way to or rumoured to the club, a big striker signing could bring them closer to where they aim to be. Can't see it happening given the money already being spent this transfer window. Might be just Twitter nonsense too, obviously (the link is down too now…)

My bet is that he ends up at Real Madrid, which has always been a likely destination.

It would not surprise me and Arsenal have form when it comes to great French players. Where are Arsenal getting there money from?

It would not surprise me and Arsenal have form when it comes to great French players. Where are Arsenal getting there money from?

It's part CL money, PL money, outgoing player sales, budget overall and money from KSE/The Kroenke's – which looks to be a loan with favourable interest rates, by the looks of it. Probably more of the latter, I would guess.

The Kroenke's have never been big spenders, like Roman Abramovich, Todd Boehly or people like that, but it looks like they're opening their pockets a bit more now.

Any more news about the United ownership?

They might have a chance if they give PSG Jesus and $50-$100 million ?

It's part CL money, PL money, outgoing player sales, budget overall and money from KSE/The Kroenke's – which looks to be a loan with favourable interest rates, by the looks of it. Probably more of the latter, I would guess.

The Kroenke's have never been big spenders, like Roman Abramovich, Todd Boehly or people like that, but it looks like they're opening their pockets a bit more now.

The United situation is taking forever, last i heard Qatar are the front runners. I was also hearing our transfer window is restricted on how much money we can spend. I have kind of half heatedly looked at some updates without being drawn in to prevent myself from getting angry :))

When it comes to United its difficult to know what is really going on, i would not be surprised if we suddenly made a load of marque signings.
    edited July 2023 Posts: 23,388
    FPL 23/24: PRICE REVEAL

Haaland 14m
    Salah 12.5m
    Be tough to have both players.
    Bruno 8.5m big drop.

They might have a chance if they give PSG Jesus and $50-$100 million ?

Hm, maybe. Havng both will definitely be better though! :))

The United situation is taking forever, last i heard Qatar are the front runners. I was also hearing our transfer window is restricted on how much money we can spend. I have kind of half heatedly looked at some updates without being drawn in to prevent myself from getting angry :))

When it comes to United its difficult to know what is really going on, i would not be surprised if we suddenly made a load of marque signings.

It may be because I don't follow the right accounts on Twitter, but it's been very little United rumours out there. The takeover situation might delay things of course, but as you mention, you'd expect United to continue their overhaul and get some marque signings completed.

Haaland 14m
    Salah 12.5m
    Bruno 8.5m big drop.

Haven't had a close look at these yet, but Bruno at 8.5 could be a great option. Not sure at Ødegaard at the same price though…

Haaland at 14.0 will make picking the team difficult, but can't see myself going without him, even at that price tag. Add Salah at 12.5, and you only have 26.5m of the total budget spent on only two players – 34.5 if you also want Alexander-Arnold.

Early thoughts looking at these price drops is that I might go with a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2. It will be very difficult picking two premium strikers and a 4.5 option – even Haaland and a mid priced option might be difficult enough.

4.5 - 4.0
    Trent (8.0) - Trippier (6.5) - 4.5 - 4.5 - 4.0
    Salah (12.5) - Son (9.0) - Bruno (8.5) - Eze/Mitoma (6.5) - 4.5
    Haaland (14.0) - 4.5 - 4.5

Only using price points and a selection of player prices leaves me with this draft: This forces you to play some budget players every week though, so one of those named spots have to go if more balance is needed. Trent could become Robertson at 6.5 – leaving much more funds to spare, Eze/Mitoma could become Mac Allister (6.0), and Bruno and or Son could be replaced for other midfielders. Only Haaland and Salah ar locked in for time being.

Haaland 14m
    Salah 12.5m
    Bruno 8.5m big drop.

Haven't had a close look at these yet, but Bruno at 8.5 could be a great option. Not sure at Ødegaard at the same price though…

Haaland at 14.0 will make picking the team difficult, but can't see myself going without him, even at that price tag. Add Salah at 12.5, and you only have 26.5m of the total budget spent on only two players – 34.5 if you also want Alexander-Arnold.

Early thoughts looking at these price drops is that I might go with a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2. It will be very difficult picking two premium strikers and a 4.5 option – even Haaland and a mid priced option might be difficult enough.

4.5 - 4.0

Only using price points and a selection of player prices leaves me with this draft: This forces you to play some budget players every week though, so one of those named spots have to go if more balance is needed. Trent could become Robertson at 6.5 – leaving much more funds to spare, Eze/Mitoma could become Mac Allister (6.0), and Bruno and or Son could be replaced for other midfielders. Only Haaland and Salah ar locked in for time being.

I had a look at the site yesterday it allowed me to reset password etc, I can not imagine it will be long until the game is up and running. United preseason starts very soon so subscribing to MUTV again, I like to watch the preseason games to see where we are at. Bruno will likely be first or second name in my team at that price.

Haaland 14m
    Salah 12.5m
    Bruno 8.5m big drop.

4.5 - 4.0

I had a look at the site yesterday it allowed me to reset password etc, I can not imagine it will be long until the game is up and running. United preseason starts very soon so subscribing to MUTV again, I like to watch the preseason games to see where we are at. Bruno will likely be first or second name in my team at that price.

I imagine it will be released within a couple of weeks or so. If I remember correctly, the game was released mid July last year.

Preseason games are usually a good indicator where teams are at before the season starts. How many minutes the players get is also important – especially the closer we get to the start of the season.