The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Arsenal need to keep possession its the way to win this game.

Odergaard still young 23/24? I really shows how strong Real Madrid's midfield is if they let him go.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2023 Posts: 23,387
    Xhaka is a Red Card waiting to happen.

Half time Arsenal may regret some of those missed chances.
    Newcastle 2 great chances early in second half.
    Great skill from Martinelli hits the bar.
    Martinelli cross/shot 2 - 0 Own goal.
    Good win for Arsenal, Jorginho was excellent. will it be enough... time will tell.

The problem regarding City is there squad depth is just way better than everyone else's.
    Just got back from playing a bit of football myself. Great result for Arsenal, and a bit unexpected, as Newcastle have been brilliant this season. If Newcastle had made the most out of their own chances early on, Arsenal would have struggled to get back in the game.

Great game in particular by Ramsdale too, who had one of his best games in goal this season, IMO. I don't expect City to drop any points in their remaining games, but right now I'm just happy to see Arsenal get results again after a drop in performances. That drop in performances is as costly as it could get, but it is what it is – overall Arsenal have had a great season.
    Talk about crazy score lines today and goals from assets I bet not many have.

@Torgeirtrap looking at how Brighton performed at home today vs Everton my confidence in Brighton beating city in a few weeks has evaporated.
  • edited May 2023 Posts: 17,294
    Talk about crazy score lines today and goals from assets I bet not many have.

@Torgeirtrap looking at how Brighton performed at home today vs Everton my confidence in Brighton beating city in a few weeks has evaporated.

Yes, this result is certainly not great for their chances against City. I just hope they don't put in a performance against Arsenal this weekend. I'm so worried about that game!
    Not sure what to do for this Double GW, I brought in March last week specifically for this GW and now he is yellow flagged... great. I will wait till last minute to make transfers, thankfully I have Saturday off.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Not sure what to do for this Double GW, I brought in March last week specifically for this GW and now he is yellow flagged... great. I will wait till last minute to make transfers, thankfully I have Saturday off.

I think a lot of people brought March in last gw.

KDB and grealish might be rested for the CL. ?

Rashford could be out too ?
    just in time and looking at my team not great both rashford and March are red flagged...

I think a lot of people brought March in last gw.

KDB and grealish might be rested for the CL. ?

Rashford could be out too ?

Its a bit of a nightmare who to bring in...
    Made a single transfer, took a punt on ........ surely he is due more game time and he has a double GW. I sold March, what a waste of a few transfers that was.
    Soon as I saw someone else's team online I made a panic -8 point hit :))

Made 2 not very good transfers in a panic, its the first time i have watched a deadline stream in ages and realise its always a bad idea to watch those streams. :))
    Been away, so I haven't had time to do my usual gameweek update. I'll make sure to do so when this gameweek ends.

In the meantime, here's the gameweek 36 captaincy picks!
    Wilson: 4
    Trippier: 4
    Haaland: 3
    De Bruyne: 2
    Isak: 2
    Toney: 1
    Salah: 1
    Mitoma: 1

It's a double gameweek, and for one of the very few times this season, Haaland doesn't top our captaincy picks, led by Wilson and Trippier, backed by four managers each. Haaland is still backed by three managers though, with a favourable fixture against Everton. Good luck everyone!
    Signing Isak over Wilson a few weeks or so back has ultimately defined my season, I almost went for Wilson and what a huge mistake it was not getting him in.

On the up side Newcastle only drew so Man United chances of third improved though we must win today..
    Chelsea losing at home to Forest, Chelsea should be grateful for the points that Tuchel got them otherwise they would be in deep trouble.
    Man United 1 up thankfully, Martial goal Antony assist.

I really wish I had missed the deadline today as I made some really bad moves, my team would be far better off.
    Signing Isak over Wilson a few weeks or so back has ultimately defined my season, I almost went for Wilson and what a huge mistake it was not getting him in.

On the up side Newcastle only drew so Man United chances of third improved though we must win today..

Had that same dilemma today, and went with Isak… Can't complain about the assist points though.
    Chelsea losing at home to Forest, Chelsea should be grateful for the points that Tuchel got them otherwise they would be in deep trouble.

Just noticed Kepa is on the bench for Chelsea today. Another transfer to deal with :-/

Had that same dilemma today, and went with Isak… Can't complain about the assist points though.

Just noticed Kepa is on the bench for Chelsea today. Another transfer to deal with :-/

Chelsea are a complete mess they need to have a fire sale in the summer, which ever manager that comes in needs to be left alone to do a job.
    Garnacho scores on his return, we need his goals going into the final games.

Kane scores again despite losing, his goal rate is impressive in a average side.

The Palace win and clean sheet has made my -8 look even worse.

Chelsea are a complete mess they need to have a fire sale in the summer, which ever manager that comes in needs to be left alone to do a job.

Looks like they've found their man!

Kane scores again despite losing, his goal rate is impressive in a average side.

Not the best start for me either, though I will get Shaw and his 8 points from the bench, since Rashford missed the United game.

Looks like they've found their man!

Not the best start for me either, though I will get Shaw and his 8 points from the bench, since Rashford missed the United game.

The Shaw points sure worked well for you. Very nice.

Some interesting games today.
    I wonder who will start for Man City ?

Arsenal v Brighton, can Brighton bounce back ?
    Poch will need time to build a team and philosophy at Chelsea, hmm I guess Potter needed the same...
    Just heard someone say that Arsenal were a mini metro leading a race and being chased down by a Ferrari (City), that's pretty much spot on.

Credit to Arsenal for what they did though no team in the league currently can compete with City's strength and depth of squad. Well Chelsea can I suppose though they are currently rudderless.
  • edited May 2023 Posts: 17,294
    Was away yesterday, so I missed the game – fortunately one might say. Surprised that this young team managed to keep up for so long, which tells a lot of Arteta's success in the rebuild of Arsenal.

As one journalist pointed out on Twitter a few weeks back though: with Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and United failing at keeping up with City, it makes the similarities with Bayern München and the Bundesliga very apparent. They are – like City – totally dominant in their respective leagues, and it will likely be a long time before we see anyone else finish above them.
    Was away yesterday, so I missed the game – fortunately one might say. Surprised that this young team managed to keep up for so long, which tells a lot of Arteta's success in the rebuild of Arsenal.

As one journalist pointed out on Twitter a few weeks back though: with Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and United failing at keeping up with City, it makes the similarities with Bayern München and the Bundesliga very apparent. They are – like City – totally dominant in their respective leagues, and it will likely be a long time before we see anyone else finish above them.

The chasing pack need to recruit well in the transfer market to even get close to City, Man United could have been closer as we have literally had no striker all season or strikers not top tier. if we were to get Kane that would give us an extra 20 goals a season which is vital to even mount a challenge. Man United need a CF maybe 2, a CDM, CB.

There was reports yesterday Kim Min Jae wants to join United, the Napoli defender is world class.

The chasing pack need to recruit well in the transfer market to even get close to City, Man United could have been closer as we have literally had no striker all season or strikers not top tier. if we were to get Kane that would give us an extra 20 goals a season which is vital to even mount a challenge. Man United need a CF maybe 2, a CDM, CB.

There was reports yesterday Kim Min Jae wants to join United, the Napoli defender is world class.

What's the latest with the bids ?

Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al-Thani makes improved bid for Manchester United - sources
    https://www.espn.com.au/football/manchester-united-engman_utd/story/4949895/sheikh-jassim-makes-improved-manchester-united-bid-souces

What's the latest with the bids ?

Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al-Thani makes improved bid for Manchester United - sources
    https://www.espn.com.au/football/manchester-united-engman_utd/story/4949895/sheikh-jassim-makes-improved-manchester-united-bid-souces

I have intentionally avoided any discussion about the bids on the fan channels the ongoing situation just gets dramatized for clicks. Looking from a distance its clearly been drawn out, I hope it is resolved soon so we can crack on with recruitment.
    Toney banned from all football for 8 months, that is one transfer I need to make.