The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

Yeah, they withdrew the contract offer to Ramsey a while ago apparently. He's not in Emery's plans, I think. Makes you wonder why, as I'd imagine they'd look to find his replacement already this month.

The problem is that to replace Ramsey will cost them alot more than a good contract, will Ozil be sold?

Can't see Özil staying either really. He's not even in the squad today, but there's been no talk about another injury. Makes you wonder what Arsenal are planning. The team looks to be going nowhere at the moment.

I can understand building a new side though does Emery have the funds to do it, losing two good midfielders mid season is not good.

Dissallowed goal for Arsenal

Sums up the game, really.

The thing is, Emery doesn't have the funds to do it, as Kroenke haven't used any money on Arsenal other than buying the shares. They need to sell if they're bringing someone in. Can't compete for the top four under an ownership like that.
    Why did I bring Aubameyang in, i am rubbish at FPL. Thankfully I did not Captain him

I captained him! He's got no service at the moment, as the creativity in the midfield is really lacking. Don't want to, but I might have to consider getting someone else in.

Cheap up front, maybe?

I am kicking myself as I have used my next free transfer to bring in a defender I wanted. Rashford is a player I am looking at though still unsure if he will start every game with Lukaku back

Been thinking about Rashford. Do you think he'll get enough playing time to be worth taking a chance on bringing in?

There was a report that Ole said he is the main number 9, I am going to look at his situation in a few weeks to see how United are doing and whether he is number 1 choice. If United keep playing well he could be an absolute bargain for the run in

Indeed. The strikers aren't really doing much FPL points wise I feel, so it might be an option to go cheap up top and focus on the mids. Something to think about.

True I don't currently have any City midfield though got stung when I brought in Sane and Sterling last time, my luck with alot of players has been none existant.

I almost feel like not looking at my team for a few weeks, my tinkering backfires lol

I'm tempted to do so as well! It's a lot down to luck (or lack of) in many situations. Who would have guessed City's bad run before the Liverpool game, for example?

The best thing is to look at the squad, see if there are any moves that need to be done, and if so – try to make moves that can pay off over a 3-4 gameweek period (or more).
    Dam I should have brought in OG, OG has a brace for Burnley :))

:))

I have been looking at a few of the top FPL managers and 442 seems common, having four solid defenders is a potential 24 points, I may look to improve my defence and get rid of one of my misfiring midfielders

I've seen a few 4-4-2 teams, but 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 seems the most common formations. In the 3-4-3 teams it's common with 3 mid-to-premium priced defenders, and an expensive midfield, depending on who they play up front.

In the 3-5-2 ones, a heavy mid is usual (as the focus is on playing 5 midfielders), with a more varied defece price wise, and one expensive striker playing alongside a mid-priced to cheap one.

It's really no way of telling what's best, but the midfield players seem to pick up good point scores. Magnus Carlsen looks to put the funds in midfield and attack, with a (very) budget defence:

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/1224174/event/22
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Salah opens the score for Liverpool. Glad I captained him instead of Aubameyang!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Salah goal, I was hoping Button would make a few big saves.

I'll check that FPL profile
    Of course he had to score…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Palace conceded so lost points and assist by one of my benched player plus my benched keeper has six points gr
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Palace conceded so lost points and assist by one of my benched player plus my benched keeper has six points gr

Palace just conceded again.
    Results going against me, I need Hazard to bail me out at this rate.
    Needed a Palace clean sheet…
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,388
    Tempted to take a 8 point hit lol to get Rashford in
    Only got 2 out of 3 possible clean sheets today (Cardiff and Liverpool, the 3rd was Southampton but Leicester scored 1).
    Watford are so unpredictable I backed Wan Bissaka over Holebas that was a mistake, saying that Palace can't score
    Tempted to take a 8 point hit lol to get Rashford in

I might do a "mini wildcard" myself, taking a -4 or a -8 point hit. The problem is finding the right players to bring in!
    Bamba and Arnold gave me points thankfully, I really need to double up with Liverpool defenders
    Only got 2 out of 3 possible clean sheets today (Cardiff and Liverpool, the 3rd was Southampton but Leicester scored 1).

That's not bad! Really hoped for a Palace clean sheet, but it didn't happen.
    Watford are so unpredictable I backed Wan Bissaka over Holebas that was a mistake, saying that Palace can't score

That fixture looked like a coin toss result wise to me. Could have gone both ways – on paper that is.
    Bamba and Arnold gave me points thankfully, I really need to double up with Liverpool defenders

Robertson and Alisson delivering at least gives me some much needed points after that Aubameyang captaincy fail. Should have just gone with the "safe" option, putting the armband on Salah…
    The problem with Palace is they can't get away from sides as they have poor strikers, the opposition are always in the game
    @Torgeirtrap do you think Arsenal have a chance against Chelsea next week?
    The problem with Palace is they can't get away from sides as they have poor strikers, the opposition are always in the game

Yeah, that's true. Still think Wan-Bissaka is a good option given his price in the game.

Chelsea have been a bit out of form lately, but a win against Newcastle will probably send them back on track. As I see it, Arsenal have no chance against Chelsea. They might score, but Chelsea will win this comfortably, IMO.

Yeah, that's true. Still think Wan-Bissaka is a good option given his price in the game.

Chelsea have been a bit out of form lately, but a win against Newcastle will probably send them back on track. As I see it, Arsenal have no chance against Chelsea. They might score, but Chelsea will win this comfortably, IMO.

Temtped to dump Aubameyang for Rashford I should have brought in Rashford for Kane initially. Though I don't want to take a hit, I think I'll go cheap up front and improve other areas
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Great start for Chelsea against Newcastle. Pedro opens with an assist from David Luiz.
    Pretty happy I added Luiz to my defence a few weeks back. Been a good points booster since.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,294

Temtped to dump Aubameyang for Rashford I should have brought in Rashford for Kane initially. Though I don't want to take a hit, I think I'll go cheap up front and improve other areas

Could work out fine that. Tempted by the same move myself, but will wait and see how the rest of the fixtures ends. Stuff might happen in those games that makes other moves more important. A player might get injured, etc.
    Newcastle has equalized against Chelsea.
    Newcastle has equalized against Chelsea.

How about that! @Benny will get Luiz's assist points though, but will surely be unhappy about not getting the clean sheet points.

3 precious points, bonus

3 precious points, bonus

Precious indeed!

3 precious points, bonus

Precious indeed!

Since I wild carded my points have been poor, hopefully Richarlison will grab a few goals against Bournemouth tomorrow

3 precious points, bonus

Precious indeed!

Since I wild carded my points have been poor, hopefully Richarlison will grab a few goals against Bournemouth tomorrow

I hope so too!
    Season has become difficult at this point I feel; so many options, but still difficult to pick up points. Salah is looking like a good captaincy option in the coming gameweeks though.

3 precious points, bonus

Precious indeed!

I hope so too!
    Season has become difficult at this point I feel; so many options, but still difficult to pick up points. Salah is looking like a good captaincy option in the coming gameweeks though.

Agree Liverpool have decent fixtures, I got 46 points today with three players left to hopefully get points, really not happy that I have points on the bench. My team generally has decent fixtures certainly my midfield though that counts for nothing really. I am tempted to dump Richarlison and Anderson though there fixtures are decent, if I could swap one for an upgrade like Sane may justify it for me.

3 precious points, bonus

Precious indeed!

I hope so too!

Agree Liverpool have decent fixtures, I got 46 points today with three players left to hopefully get points, really not happy that I have points on the bench. My team generally has decent fixtures certainly my midfield though that counts for nothing really. I am tempted to dump Richarlison and Anderson though there fixtures are decent, if I could swap one for an upgrade like Sane may justify it for me.

46 points looks like a good result! Depending on the results in the other games, you might end up with a decent green arrow.

It's the same with me really; decent fixtures for the majority of the midfield, but it's tempting to look at options. Anderson and Hazard are the ones that might be transferred out in my team – tomorrow's games and Monday's game depending.