The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I should have stuck with Kane as Captain, I am questioning my choice to bring in Hazard again, last time I had him he went off the boil

This is the kind of gameweek where you either have a good one or a terrible one, I think. Doesn't happen every gameweek that the majority of players fail to deliver anything, so it's wise not to make any rash decisions re. transfers. I do admit I have the finger on the transfer button for a couple of players though…

Chelsea's fixtures don't look as easy as they did a week ago or so, they are facing form teams. Think I'll ship Hazard out after tomorrow baring Injury's elsewhere.

Might be a move to consider for me as well, but I fear he'll get back to scoring form when I ship him, haha!

True I seem to being signing players on there off days

Tempted to hold Hazard for Watford away, but he's on the other hand an enabler to get a few other (cheaper) players. Having two free transfers now, I'm looking at A LOT of different alternatives!

I am glad the games are on a conveyer belt, I have given up on a few of my players and going for a five man midfield.

Yeah, I'm happy the games come fast now. Waiting a week thinking of what to do would have been difficult! Might do one free transfer tomorrow depending on the results in the last game. Might save the second transfer, as I feel there's a risk things could backfire.
    I am on the verge of a 12 point hit, I think I need to take the risk to improve my team

12 point hit? That's risky!
    That being said, a guy in a different mini league I'm in took a 12 point hit a few weeks ago and still outscored me by 10 points or so. Might work out just fine.

I will try to resist the changes I want to make till after boxing day, though over the last five game weeks my average score is not great so panicking a bit, I am concerned about not having other players, though keep telling myself to think more long term.
    I should have stuck with Kane as Captain, I am questioning my choice to bring in Hazard again, last time I had him he went off the boil

This is the kind of gameweek where you either have a good one or a terrible one, I think. Doesn't happen every gameweek that the majority of players fail to deliver anything, so it's wise not to make any rash decisions re. transfers. I do admit I have the finger on the transfer button for a couple of players though…

Chelsea's fixtures don't look as easy as they did a week ago or so, they are facing form teams. Think I'll ship Hazard out after tomorrow baring Injury's elsewhere.

Might be a move to consider for me as well, but I fear he'll get back to scoring form when I ship him, haha!

Tempted to hold Hazard for Watford away, but he's on the other hand an enabler to get a few other (cheaper) players. Having two free transfers now, I'm looking at A LOT of different alternatives!

I am glad the games are on a conveyer belt, I have given up on a few of my players and going for a five man midfield.

Yeah, I'm happy the games come fast now. Waiting a week thinking of what to do would have been difficult! Might do one free transfer tomorrow depending on the results in the last game. Might save the second transfer, as I feel there's a risk things could backfire.
    I am on the verge of a 12 point hit, I think I need to take the risk to improve my team

That being said, a guy in a different mini league I'm in took a 12 point hit a few weeks ago and still outscored me by 10 points or so. Might work out just fine.

I will try to resist the changes I want to make till after boxing day, though over the last five game weeks my average score is not great so panicking a bit, I am concerned about not having other players, though keep telling myself to think more long term.

Know the feeling! A big clear-out might turn things around though – just make sure the moves (or most of them at least) are long-term ones.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,496

Know the feeling! A big clear-out might turn things around though – just make sure the moves (or most of them at least) are long-term ones.

its difficult as some players have served me well so being loyal and now they are dropping off a bit I am in two minds to move them on, I need a good point haul soon or ill free fall down the leagues.

I guess its my first season and I need to learn the game so maybe I should just relax and take risks
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,322

its difficult as some players have served me well so being loyal and now they are dropping off a bit I am in two minds to move them on, I need a good point haul soon or ill free fall down the leagues.

I guess its my first season and I need to learn the game so maybe I should just relax and take risks

It's difficult to predict these things, I feel. If you've kept a player for several gameweeks without any returns, then it might be a case for transferring out – price depending of course. You won't expect a 4.5 mid to score every week for example. Also worth looking at fixtures; are the fixtures good enough to keep, hoping for a return to form? Sometimes keeping might pay off, other times you're better off making a transfer to an in-form player.

Been taking fews risks so far this season myself, and it hasn't really paid off. Will probably need to shake things up a bit soon. Right now Son, Hazard, Fraser and Balbuena are my problem areas. Don't feel confident in the Arsenal double-up either, so that makes five possible transfers for me going forward.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I’m more than happy with 65 points from that round.
    Just wish I had Alisson in goal instead of Ederson. Ahh well.
    Benny wrote: »
    I’m more than happy with 65 points from that round.
    Just wish I had Alisson in goal instead of Ederson. Ahh well.

65 points in this round so far is very, very good! The risk of having two playing goalkeepers is that these things might happen; you end up benching the wrong one. It hurts even more when it's the expensive ones, as you don't expect as much from two 4.5 ones, for example.

Tempted to make a goalkeeper transfer myself, with Ederson becoming Alisson. Not decided yet though.
    Kane bailing me out of a bad GW I really was dumb not to captain him. Insane game going on at Goodison
    Kane bailing me out of a bad GW I really was dumb not to captain him. Insane game going on at Goodison

Yeah… Not a result you want to see as an Arsenal fan. Son delivering is good for FPL reasons though.

Yeah… Not a result you want to see as an Arsenal fan. Son delivering is good for FPL reasons though.

I was about to ask do you still have Son, I think Son will get the bonus points.

I was about to ask do you still have Son, I think Son will get the bonus points.

Hopefully three! Kane will probably get two if no more goal involvement. Still considering shipping out Son, but will have to wait until Wednesday before making a decision, I think.

Hopefully three! Kane will probably get two if no more goal involvement. Still considering shipping out Son, but will have to wait until Wednesday before making a decision, I think.

I will hang onto Kane I was looking to ditch him for Salah though looking at his overall points he has served me well, just a big mistake changing my Captaincy pick this week though on paper it seemed logical. Everton cant be trusted to defend at home that's for sure.

I will hang onto Kane I was looking to ditch him for Salah though looking at his overall points he has served me well, just a big mistake changing my Captaincy pick this week though on paper it seemed logical. Everton cant be trusted to defend at home that's for sure.

Yeah, that Digne transfer didn't work out, that's for sure! Will play him against Burnley though, so there might be some returns there.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2018 Posts: 15,692
    Made 2 transfers this week (1 free + 1 extra): Rondon --> Ings (vs West Ham) and Sané --> Son (vs Bournemouth). My captain this week will be Son.
    Made 2 transfers this week (1 free + 1 extra): Rondon --> Ings (vs West Ham) and Sané --> Son (vs Bournemouth). My captain this week will be Son.

Those transfers could work out fine! Ings is in form, and Son is too. I'm keeping Sané, as he's the only City asset I can easily fit into my team (other than rotation risks). Son vice captain here; taking a risk with Aubameyang as captain against Brighton.
    Here are the Boxing Day/Gameweek 19 captaincy picks!
    Aubameyang: 4
    Salah: 2
    Kane: 2
    Son: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Hazard: 1

A varied group of captains this time around, but several teams have good fixtures. Good luck everyone!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Torgeirtrap My captain has just scored! Son doubles Spurs' lead versus Bournemouth.
    @Torgeirtrap My captain has just scored! Son doubles Spurs' lead versus Bournemouth.

Your transfer paid off immediately!
    Have a feeling that the vice-captain decision for Son was a wrong one…

... And Son scores the 5-0 for Spurs!

It had to happen, didn't it! At least he's in my team! :))
    edited December 2018 Posts: 15,692

My team's got further goals from from Richarlisson (1), Auba (1) and 2 from Hazard now. :-O

My team's got further goals from from Richarlisson (1), Auba (1) and 2 from Hazard now. :-O

Great round to not have City assets this! Shame Sané couldn't deliver today.
    A bit far between updates – sorry about that!
    Gameweek 19 was a high-scoring one, and our league did well too. The highly-owned players failing to deliver anything was the City boys. Who would have thought! Another deadline today at 14:00 (UK time) so make sure to have your teams ready!

Made a few adjustments to my team this week. Off loaded Trippier and Mane, and brought in Wan-Bissaka and Hazard.
    I'm hoping Hazard is a good transfer to make.
    Made a few adjustments to my team this week. Off loaded Trippier and Mane, and brought in Wan-Bissaka and Hazard.
    I'm hoping Hazard is a good transfer to make.

Trippier is still an injury doubt I think, so that transfer can pay off easily. Mané seems a bit out of form (I'm saying this just before he faces an Arsenal with most of their defenders out with injuries…), while Wan-Bissaka and Hazard are in form - and in the case of Wan-Bissaka, a defender who's outperforming his FPL price. He's even performed well against top sides.
    I got rid of Aguero a couple of weeks ago, despite being a pretty good contributor of points. I replaced him with Aubameyang though, so was happy with the transfer. Salah has been a consistent supplier of points all season. So it's unlikely he'll be going anywhere any time soon.
    Alisson and Ederson have been relatively good goalkeeper rotations for me most of the season.
    I got rid of Aguero a couple of weeks ago, despite being a pretty good contributor of points. I replaced him with Aubameyang though, so was happy with the transfer. Salah has been a consistent supplier of points all season. So it's unlikely he'll be going anywhere any time soon.
    Alisson and Ederson have been relatively good goalkeeper rotations for me most of the season.

Agüero is back now, so that's one to watch should he get back to his scoring form! Happy having Aubameyang though. Being an Arsenal fan, it's always nice to have one of your teams players performing regularly. Shipped out Salah some time ago, but I'm trying to figure out how to get him back. All depends on how the rest of the midfield keeps performing.

Alisson and Ederson have done well so far this season – although Ederson hasn't offered many points lately. That's an expensive goalkeeper duo though!
    Only 1 transfer for me this gameweek: Brooks (vs United) --> Pereyra (vs Newcastle). Benched Ings (vs Man City) to play with 5 midfielders (Sterling, Richarlison, Son (captain), Pereyra, Hazard) and 2 strikers (Aubameyang and Jimenez).
    Only 1 transfer for me this gameweek: Brooks (vs United) --> Pereyra (vs Newcastle). Benched Ings (vs Man City) to play with 5 midfielders (Sterling, Richarlison, Son (captain), Pereyra, Hazard) and 2 strikers (Aubameyang and Jimenez).

That looks like a great starting eleven! Pereyra looks like Watford's main man this season – as his point scores suggests. Still undecided what to do myself…
    Here are the Gameweek 20 captaincy picks! Interesting to see so many different captaincy picks. I think this is the first round in which no captaincy pick is backed by more than two teams in our league!
    Hazard: 2
    Salah: 2
    Kane: 2
    Son: 1
    Felipe Anderson: 1
    Aubameyang: 1
    Richarlison: 1
    Pogba: 1