The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• edited January 2019 Posts: 17,294
    With Son out for a few game weeks due to the Asia Cup, I took a -4 point hit by doing 1 free transfer + 1 extra transfer: Son --> Salah (vs Brighton) and Richarlison --> Brooks (vs Everton).

For this game week, I'll be playing 3-5-2, with Pogba/Salah/Hazard/Brooks/Pereyra in midfield and Aubameyang/Jimenez up front.

Captain: Salah.

Those moves might pay off, as Son is not an option after this gameweek anyway. Bit risky dropping Richarlison perhaps, but funds for Salah has to come from somewhere I guess.

Still thinking if I should save a transfer this GW or not. Tempted to bring in Pereyra, as that will give me some options for future transfers. Other than that we share the majority of the midfield with Pogba, Salah and Hazard. Same front two as well!

Unsure about captaincy this weekend; it's between Salah and Aubameyang for me, as both can deliver. Will be a decision to think about all the way to the deadline in 18 minutes…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I had a few beers last night and it appears I swapped Kane for Aubameyang, though not sure who is my captain as the system is processing :)) note to self don't play FPL when drinking. I guess my logic is I am backing United against Spurs
    I had a few beers last night and it appears I swapped Kane for Aubameyang, though not sure who is my captain as the system is processing :)) note to self don't play FPL when drinking. I guess my logic is I am backing United against Spurs

Hahaha, been there myself! It's surprisingly how confident you'll get in your transfers decisions with some alcohol in the system. Can't say I recommend it though, as you might pick some players you wouldn't consider otherwise! :))

Don't know who I ended up captaining in the end. Switched back and forth between Aubameyang and Salah up to the deadline. Hopefully I picked the right one!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Hahaha, been there myself! It's surprisingly how confident you'll get in your transfers decisions with some alcohol in the system. Can't say I recommend it though, as you might pick some players you wouldn't consider otherwise! :))

Don't know who I ended up captaining in the end. Switched back and forth between Aubameyang and Salah up to the deadline. Hopefully I picked the right one!

I did the same I think I picked Salah, I recall not being keen on Hazard. I ditched Kane for this week as I think West Ham defence may crumble.

I did the same I think I picked Salah, I recall not being keen on Hazard. I ditched Kane for this week as I think West Ham defence may crumble.

The game is updated, so you can check now!
    Hazard: 2
    With my captain playing in the early fixture, I will be hiding behind the couch for the 15:00 fixtures!

With my captain playing in the early fixture, I will be hiding behind the couch for the 15:00 fixtures!
    I picked Hazard as captain, oh well, its last chance saloon for Hazard I may ditch him to get Rashford in soon.

I picked Hazard as captain, oh well, its last chance saloon for Hazard I may ditch him to get Rashford in soon.

You never know, he might deliver against Newcastle!

I am not expecting much though hopefully Hazard will surprise me

I am not expecting much though hopefully Hazard will surprise me

Don't know what to expect from him this week really. Newcastle will probably try to park the bus.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    West Ham 1-0 up against Arsenal.
    Well, this gameweek doesn't look promising, both FPL wise and non-FPL wise…
    Well I expected a goal fest with two dodgy defences, how wrong could I be. One consolation is United could make more ground up on the gunners
    West Ham's main man appears to have said goodbye to the crowd
    This will be a horrible result for Arsenal. No money to buy new players in January apparently. Looks like this will be another bad season for the Gunners.
    This will be a horrible result for Arsenal. No money to buy new players in January apparently. Looks like this will be another bad season for the Gunners.

Ramsey leaving? I heard only loan players are an option...
    Yeah, they withdrew the contract offer to Ramsey a while ago apparently. He's not in Emery's plans, I think. Makes you wonder why, as I'd imagine they'd look to find his replacement already this month.
    Yeah, they withdrew the contract offer to Ramsey a while ago apparently. He's not in Emery's plans, I think. Makes you wonder why, as I'd imagine they'd look to find his replacement already this month.

The problem is that to replace Ramsey will cost them alot more than a good contract, will Ozil be sold?

The problem is that to replace Ramsey will cost them alot more than a good contract, will Ozil be sold?

Can't see Özil staying either really. He's not even in the squad today, but there's been no talk about another injury. Makes you wonder what Arsenal are planning. The team looks to be going nowhere at the moment.

Can't see Özil staying either really. He's not even in the squad today, but there's been no talk about another injury. Makes you wonder what Arsenal are planning. The team looks to be going nowhere at the moment.

I can understand building a new side though does Emery have the funds to do it, losing two good midfielders mid season is not good.

Dissallowed goal for Arsenal
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,388
    Why did I bring Aubameyang in, i am rubbish at FPL. Thankfully I did not Captain him

I can understand building a new side though does Emery have the funds to do it, losing two good midfielders mid season is not good.

Sums up the game, really.

The thing is, Emery doesn't have the funds to do it, as Kroenke haven't used any money on Arsenal other than buying the shares. They need to sell if they're bringing someone in. Can't compete for the top four under an ownership like that.
    Why did I bring Aubameyang in, i am rubbish at FPL. Thankfully I did not Captain him

I captained him! He's got no service at the moment, as the creativity in the midfield is really lacking. Don't want to, but I might have to consider getting someone else in.

Cheap up front, maybe?

The thing is, Emery doesn't have the funds to do it, as Kroenke haven't used any money on Arsenal other than buying the shares. They need to sell if they're bringing someone in. Can't compete for the top four under an ownership like that.

I captained him! He's got no service at the moment, as the creativity in the midfield is really lacking. Don't want to, but I might have to consider getting someone else in.

Cheap up front, maybe?

I am kicking myself as I have used my next free transfer to bring in a defender I wanted. Rashford is a player I am looking at though still unsure if he will start every game with Lukaku back

Cheap up front, maybe?

I am kicking myself as I have used my next free transfer to bring in a defender I wanted. Rashford is a player I am looking at though still unsure if he will start every game with Lukaku back

Been thinking about Rashford. Do you think he'll get enough playing time to be worth taking a chance on bringing in?

Cheap up front, maybe?

Been thinking about Rashford. Do you think he'll get enough playing time to be worth taking a chance on bringing in?

There was a report that Ole said he is the main number 9, I am going to look at his situation in a few weeks to see how United are doing and whether he is number 1 choice. If United keep playing well he could be an absolute bargain for the run in

Cheap up front, maybe?

There was a report that Ole said he is the main number 9, I am going to look at his situation in a few weeks to see how United are doing and whether he is number 1 choice. If United keep playing well he could be an absolute bargain for the run in

Indeed. The strikers aren't really doing much FPL points wise I feel, so it might be an option to go cheap up top and focus on the mids. Something to think about.

Cheap up front, maybe?

Indeed. The strikers aren't really doing much FPL points wise I feel, so it might be an option to go cheap up top and focus on the mids. Something to think about.

True I don't currently have any City midfield though got stung when I brought in Sane and Sterling last time, my luck with alot of players has been none existant.

I almost feel like not looking at my team for a few weeks, my tinkering backfires lol
    Dam I should have brought in OG, OG has a brace for Burnley :))

Cheap up front, maybe?

True I don't currently have any City midfield though got stung when I brought in Sane and Sterling last time, my luck with alot of players has been none existant.

I almost feel like not looking at my team for a few weeks, my tinkering backfires lol

I'm tempted to do so as well! It's a lot down to luck (or lack of) in many situations. Who would have guessed City's bad run before the Liverpool game, for example?

The best thing is to look at the squad, see if there are any moves that need to be done, and if so – try to make moves that can pay off over a 3-4 gameweek period (or more).

:))

Cheap up front, maybe?

I'm tempted to do so as well! It's a lot down to luck (or lack of) in many situations. Who would have guessed City's bad run before the Liverpool game, for example?

The best thing is to look at the squad, see if there are any moves that need to be done, and if so – try to make moves that can pay off over a 3-4 gameweek period (or more).

:))

I have been looking at a few of the top FPL managers and 442 seems common, having four solid defenders is a potential 24 points, I may look to improve my defence and get rid of one of my misfiring midfielders
    OG just scored again for Palace