The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2019 Posts: 23,378
    KDB off injured looks like cramp, Aguero on. Aguero could do well in coming weeks

Didn't watch the second half, do I didn't see the KDB cramp situation. Maybe he'll be rested soon?

He was OK when interviewed, yeah rest was my concern though one major positive is how advanced he is playing, he created 7 chances against the leagues best defence.

Hm… might be time to sort of the bench, just in case. Who knows, maybe Mané and Alexander-Arnold are due a rest after the Club World too.

Cantwells 10 points on my bench are painfull

How KDB did not get bonus points makes FPL look farcical, KDB was by far the best player on the pitch.

That's bad luck! In another league I'm competing in, those that have him started him, unfortunately…

The bonus point system is flawed, no doubt – and only covers certain aspects of how players play. Maybe someday they'll change those things.

Fans turning on AFTV, there seems to be a backlash against Fan Channels, The United Stand have had United fans turning on them also, Fan Channels being labelled as toxic.
    Edited: not good scenes @Torgeirtrap

---
    Pogba is back for United insure if he will start, though good for the likes of Martial and Rashford, Ole needs to play Pogba in an advanced number 10 position IMO.

I'm sure that fan channels are behind a lot of the toxic environment around clubs – Arsenal in particular. AFTV regulars were very much in the #WengerOut camp, something that probably actually led to the club making him resign in the first place. And we saw with Emery that they probably would've been just as well off keeping Wenger a bit longer.

The AFTV people probably got to feel today that all Arsenal fans views doesn't necessarily align with theirs. My views rarely does.

My own experience of watching fan channels is they can chop and change from negative to positive to keep there own narrative going, IMO its all down to making money and angry fans can be exploited.

It's certainly something they can do, and probably do. It's like an extreme/alternative form of online influencers – but where ordinary "influencers" isn't something you're exposed to unless you want to, these fan channels are a topic you're likely to hear about in football shows, podcasts etc. As for AFTV, they certainly can be a bad influence, and I hope they will see more criticism.

AFTV can be knee jerk one bad result and they are on there manager.
    ---
    I have already got Salah back got rid of Richarlison that transfer was a waste of time. I am happy with Sheffield United double defence short term they have delivered 27 points in last two GW's and they have Watford at home next, so I will hold off on bringing back TAA for now.

Very much so! It's not like they're all bad, but they certainly tend to be in the extreme opposite ends of the scale when it comes to reactions – be it good results or bad results.

Would've expected Richarlision to do more, but I wonder if he was a bit sick today? He vomited on the pitch at one point.

I've been trying to work myself towards a Sheffield United double defence, but there's always other fires to put out first! I might need to just take a -8 or something and sort things out long-term, bringing in whoever I want going forward.

Not seen the highlights though heard there was a sickness bug at Everton last week when we played them.

Liverpool have a tough run of fixtures though I think there attackers will always score, though until GW 25 not convinced there defence will get many clean sheets, of course there full backs assists can be an issue if not having TAA or Robertson.

My team is OK with Tomori back in contention my bench looks better with the fixture pile up.

My main question mark is Abraham, really wish I had kept Jiminez instead though Abraham may get a goal against Spurs. I can see a swap there if Tammy keeps blanking.

Ah, that probably explains what happened on the pitch.

I'm thinking the same; transferring out TAA until the wildcard is definitely something I'm considering. Tomori might be a replacement for TAA, actually. Chelsea still have decent fixtures.

I regret transferring out Jiménez too. I'm thinking of potentially replacing Abraham with Jiménez, but I might need to prioritise other transfers first.

@Torgiertrap At work missed end of that post...

Because United Stand is not Manchester based, the people involved are from London and the Middlands I think, Top Reds supporters label them fake fans and a fake channel.

Pogba has been out for over two months now maybe longer, Fred and Mctominay have built a partnership as deep midfielders so Pogba should play more advanced now, prior he was too deep which is a waste. If he does play number 10 I will get him back in very quickly into my team.

Didn't know that! United have a large fan base, so having a United fan channel nor based in Manchester might not be as surprising.

Pogba did get minutes today, didn't he?

According to people who watched the game Pogba was best player despite only playing 30 minutes, I'll hang onto Rashford and Martial for Newcastle, hopefully Pogba will get them firing.

Interesting! Newcastle are a bit hit and miss in terms of results, so it might be a game that can provide points from Rashford, Martial – and maybe even Pogba.
    Spurs down to 10 men as Son gets red carded. Chelsea were 2-0 up already (both goals by Willian).
    Abraham off with injury, hope it's nothing serious I was going to be patient with my current side for next GW.
    Despite a poor GW I have won my cup match by 1 point lol

Haven't watched the games today, but this looks like a nightmare gameweek for me! @-)

I got 40 points in the end total right off, I expect Boxing day fixtures to be much better. Son has a three match ban I wanted to get him in.

At least it narrows down the list of potential candidates to transfer in – and makes it easy for me to look at alternatives!

Not long until wild card, I am thinking of changing structure of my team a revert back to 352 and go with five top midfielders and in GW 25 do a Mané and Salah double up.
    KDB off injured looks like cramp, Aguero on. Aguero could do well in coming weeks

Didn't watch the second half, do I didn't see the KDB cramp situation. Maybe he'll be rested soon?

He was OK when interviewed, yeah rest was my concern though one major positive is how advanced he is playing, he created 7 chances against the leagues best defence.

Hm… might be time to sort of the bench, just in case. Who knows, maybe Mané and Alexander-Arnold are due a rest after the Club World too.

How KDB did not get bonus points makes FPL look farcical, KDB was by far the best player on the pitch.

That's bad luck! In another league I'm competing in, those that have him started him, unfortunately…

The bonus point system is flawed, no doubt – and only covers certain aspects of how players play. Maybe someday they'll change those things.

Fans turning on AFTV, there seems to be a backlash against Fan Channels, The United Stand have had United fans turning on them also, Fan Channels being labelled as toxic.

---
    Pogba is back for United insure if he will start, though good for the likes of Martial and Rashford, Ole needs to play Pogba in an advanced number 10 position IMO.

I'm sure that fan channels are behind a lot of the toxic environment around clubs – Arsenal in particular. AFTV regulars were very much in the #WengerOut camp, something that probably actually led to the club making him resign in the first place. And we saw with Emery that they probably would've been just as well off keeping Wenger a bit longer.

The AFTV people probably got to feel today that all Arsenal fans views doesn't necessarily align with theirs. My views rarely does.

My own experience of watching fan channels is they can chop and change from negative to positive to keep there own narrative going, IMO its all down to making money and angry fans can be exploited.

It's certainly something they can do, and probably do. It's like an extreme/alternative form of online influencers – but where ordinary "influencers" isn't something you're exposed to unless you want to, these fan channels are a topic you're likely to hear about in football shows, podcasts etc. As for AFTV, they certainly can be a bad influence, and I hope they will see more criticism.

---
    I have already got Salah back got rid of Richarlison that transfer was a waste of time. I am happy with Sheffield United double defence short term they have delivered 27 points in last two GW's and they have Watford at home next, so I will hold off on bringing back TAA for now.

Very much so! It's not like they're all bad, but they certainly tend to be in the extreme opposite ends of the scale when it comes to reactions – be it good results or bad results.

Would've expected Richarlision to do more, but I wonder if he was a bit sick today? He vomited on the pitch at one point.

I've been trying to work myself towards a Sheffield United double defence, but there's always other fires to put out first! I might need to just take a -8 or something and sort things out long-term, bringing in whoever I want going forward.

Not seen the highlights though heard there was a sickness bug at Everton last week when we played them.

Liverpool have a tough run of fixtures though I think there attackers will always score, though until GW 25 not convinced there defence will get many clean sheets, of course there full backs assists can be an issue if not having TAA or Robertson.

My team is OK with Tomori back in contention my bench looks better with the fixture pile up.

My main question mark is Abraham, really wish I had kept Jiminez instead though Abraham may get a goal against Spurs. I can see a swap there if Tammy keeps blanking.

I'm thinking the same; transferring out TAA until the wildcard is definitely something I'm considering. Tomori might be a replacement for TAA, actually. Chelsea still have decent fixtures.

I regret transferring out Jiménez too. I'm thinking of potentially replacing Abraham with Jiménez, but I might need to prioritise other transfers first.

Because United Stand is not Manchester based, the people involved are from London and the Middlands I think, Top Reds supporters label them fake fans and a fake channel.

Pogba has been out for over two months now maybe longer, Fred and Mctominay have built a partnership as deep midfielders so Pogba should play more advanced now, prior he was too deep which is a waste. If he does play number 10 I will get him back in very quickly into my team.

Didn't know that! United have a large fan base, so having a United fan channel nor based in Manchester might not be as surprising.

According to people who watched the game Pogba was best player despite only playing 30 minutes, I'll hang onto Rashford and Martial for Newcastle, hopefully Pogba will get them firing.

Interesting! Newcastle are a bit hit and miss in terms of results, so it might be a game that can provide points from Rashford, Martial – and maybe even Pogba.
    Spurs down to 10 men as Son gets red carded. Chelsea were 2-0 up already (both goals by Willian).
    Abraham off with injury, hope it's nothing serious I was going to be patient with my current side for next GW.

Haven't watched the games today, but this looks like a nightmare gameweek for me! @-)

I got 40 points in the end total right off, I expect Boxing day fixtures to be much better. Son has a three match ban I wanted to get him in.

At least it narrows down the list of potential candidates to transfer in – and makes it easy for me to look at alternatives!

Not long until wild card, I am thinking of changing structure of my team a revert back to 352 and go with five top midfielders and in GW 25 do a Mané and Salah double up.

I was just thinking the same thing! I could downgrade Son and a striker (Abraham most likely), then upgrade Saka. It will require two gameweeks and a hit to do though, so I don't know if I'll go through with it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

---

---

I was just thinking the same thing! I could downgrade Son and a striker (Abraham most likely), then upgrade Saka. It will require two gameweeks and a hit to do though, so I don't know if I'll go through with it.

With so many games in the next few weeks free transfers can stack up quickly, I have 16 points on my bench though I was surprised Tomori started in a three at the back today.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,293

---

---

With so many games in the next few weeks free transfers can stack up quickly, I have 16 points on my bench though I was surprised Tomori started in a three at the back today.

Indeed! I hope to save a transfer one of these upcoming gameweeks, but it will depend on injuries and rotation.
    Not much change with my team for Boxing Day...

Ryan
    Tomori, Lundstram, Baldock
    Salah (C), KDB, Martial, Alli
    Abraham, Rashford, Vardy

Ryan
    Abraham, Rashford, Vardy

Looking strong for this gameweek, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

Alli in for Son is the only change for me – so far. I'm thinking if I should take a -4 or -8 and do a bit of a change-up for the upcoming gameweeks, but with rotations a possibility given the amount of games it might be a bit risky.

Ryan
    Abraham, Rashford, Vardy

Alli in for Son is the only change for me – so far. I'm thinking if I should take a -4 or -8 and do a bit of a change-up for the upcoming gameweeks, but with rotations a possibility given the amount of games it might be a bit risky.

With the next GW a few days away I am resisting taking a hit, a couple of players namely Martial and Rashford will go if they do nothing in the next few games

Ryan
    Abraham, Rashford, Vardy

With the next GW a few days away I am resisting taking a hit, a couple of players namely Martial and Rashford will go if they do nothing in the next few games

Rashford is a potential transfer for me as well, but not a priority unless he's likely to be rotated.

Ryan
    Abraham, Rashford, Vardy

Rashford is a potential transfer for me as well, but not a priority unless he's likely to be rotated.

United beating City and Spurs were false dawns and there players a trap, in a few weeks Pogba maybe the only player I get though it all depends on his future and the January transfer window will no doubt unsettle United as usual

Ryan
    Abraham, Rashford, Vardy

United beating City and Spurs were false dawns and there players a trap, in a few weeks Pogba maybe the only player I get though it all depends on his future and the January transfer window will no doubt unsettle United as usual

The January window might affect our thinking about a lot of teams, I think! We might need to look at the Christmas period games in isolation, targeting teams and players with decent fixtures.

Ryan
    Abraham, Rashford, Vardy

The January window might affect our thinking about a lot of teams, I think! We might need to look at the Christmas period games in isolation, targeting teams and players with decent fixtures.

I think there will be a lot of rotation at the weekend perhaps not so much tomorrow, saying that KDB rarely has started against Wolves though surely City can't afford to take there foot of the gas. Liverpool have a tough several weeks, if they are going to drop points at all this season this next period is when it's likely to happen.

Ryan
    Abraham, Rashford, Vardy

I think there will be a lot of rotation at the weekend perhaps not so much tomorrow, saying that KDB rarely has started against Wolves though surely City can't afford to take there foot of the gas. Liverpool have a tough several weeks, if they are going to drop points at all this season this next period is when it's likely to happen.

I don't think Pep takes any chances risking falling further behind. I recon KDB will start every match that's on paper considered a difficult one - so I'll be surprised if he doesn't start against Wolves. I'm a bit uncertain what to expect from Liverpool during these games; I'm sure they will win most of them (if not all), but I can't necessarily see them going all out. If they have a comfortable lead we might have to expect Klopp to take Salah, Mané and Firmino off earlier.

Ryan
    Abraham, Rashford, Vardy

I don't think Pep takes any chances risking falling further behind. I recon KDB will start every match that's on paper considered a difficult one - so I'll be surprised if he doesn't start against Wolves. I'm a bit uncertain what to expect from Liverpool during these games; I'm sure they will win most of them (if not all), but I can't necessarily see them going all out. If they have a comfortable lead we might have to expect Klopp to take Salah, Mané and Firmino off earlier.

Agree once Liverpool establish decent leads the front three will be taken off. I am interested to see how Arteta and Ancelotti do, I think both won't last long in there new jobs.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    My team for gameweek #19:

Guaita
    Kelly, Baldock, Lundstram
    Traoré, Cantwell, Salah, De Bruyne
    Jimenez, Abraham, Vardy (C).

Ryan
    Abraham, Rashford, Vardy

Agree once Liverpool establish decent leads the front three will be taken off. I am interested to see how Arteta and Ancelotti do, I think both won't last long in there new jobs.

Arteta will be safe no matter the results, I think. The Arsenal hierarchy messed up with the process replacing Wenger, and they will surely back their gamble appointing Arteta as long as possible. The fact that he's a former Arsenal player will also buy him some time with the fans.

I'm curious about the Ancelotti appointment. I think given his track record, Everton will do well going forward (at least compared to the start of the season), and place themselves at a respectable finish at the end of the season. Richarlison might be one to get – and maybe one of the strikers (depending on who'll get most playing time). Not sure about the defence though.

My team for gameweek #19:

Guaita
    Kelly, Baldock, Lundstram
    Traoré, Cantwell, Salah, De Bruyne
    Jimenez, Abraham, Vardy (C).

Your team is looking particularly strong this gameweek, @DaltonCraig007! I see you and @Fire_and_Ice_Returns both play with a double Sheffield United defence; I hope to eventually do the same!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,690
    @Torgeirtrap Sheffield seems to be a safe bet for cleansheets against most mid-to-bottom table teams. Sadly one of them will have to be transfered out for this weekend: Sheffield is up against Man City and Liverpool next 2 GW's (+ Arsenal and Man City again on GW23 & 24).

Kelly has Southampton and Norwich next, and Chilwell (on my bench this weekend vs Liverpool) has nothing but easy fixtures until GW 25 (vs Chelsea). So barring any big injuries, I'll use my next 2 free transfers to solidify my defense in order to always have 3 defenders with easy fixtures.
    Very late with these (very sorry!), but here are the gameweek 16, 17 and 18 winners – Team Extreme, Anfield FC and Overload! Congratulations! =D>

inl6VxT.jpg
    Cwe3Dsm.jpg
    TJNHE4H.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC
    GW 7: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 8: 11 FishFingers
    GW 9: LVLA Skopje 05 / EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 10: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: Team Extreme
    GW 13: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 14: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 15: MysticWarlordsOfKa’a
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: Anfield FC
    GW 18: Overload

I'll be back with a league standing update after this gameweek. I might not be able to do any other updates until January though, as I'm away for New Years Eve. It's back to usual in January though! :-)
    @Torgeirtrap Sheffield seems to be a safe bet for cleansheets against most mid-to-bottom table teams. Sadly one of them will have to be transfered out for this weekend: Sheffield is up against Man City and Liverpool next 2 GW's (+ Arsenal and Man City again on GW23 & 24).

Kelly has Southampton and Norwich next, and Chilwell (on my bench this weekend vs Liverpool) has nothing but easy fixtures until GW 25 (vs Chelsea). So barring any big injuries, I'll use my next 2 free transfers to solidify my defense in order to always have 3 defenders with easy fixtures.

@DaltonCraig007 Good point – that's a couple very tricky fixtures!

I'm looking at strengthening my defence too – or at least setting it up to cover as many easy fixtures as possible. Maybe a Leicester defence double-up might be worth looking at? :-?
    Great day ahead 9 games being shown on Amazon Prime, 4 Games in a row. I will be watching three games at once for 3pm kick offs. This has to be the future of football somewhere down the line.
    Great day ahead 9 games being shown on Amazon Prime, 4 Games in a row. I will be watching three games at once for 3pm kick offs. This has to be the future of football somewhere down the line.

They'll show them all over here as well. I really hope we'll see more of this going forward!
    Here are the gameweek 19 captaincy picks!
    Rashford: 3
    Kane: 2
    Vardy: 2
    Sterling: 2
    Mané: 2
    Abraham: 2
    Salah: 2
    van Dijk: 1
    Aubameyang: 1
    Jiménez: 1
    Grealish: 1

In a gameweek with a lot of good captaincy options, it's not surprising that there's not a standout captaincy pick in our league. Rashford is the most captained, with three managers in our league giving him the armband. Good luck everyone!
    Kane goal Winks assist
    Spurs looked average though ahead... gone to VAR offside lol

Great! :D

Great! :D

Spurs really missing Son, Son is key to stretching opposition defense and creating space. I think if Brighton score first Spurs could be in trouble
    edited December 2019 Posts: 23,378
    Webster goal header from free kick for Brighton ha ha
    Spurs defense do look slow and not well organised.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,690

Spurs really missing Son, Son is key to stretching opposition defense and creating space. I think if Brighton score first Spurs could be in trouble

And Brighton just scored ;-)
    Close again by Brighton, I will take a Ryan clean sheet now, Alli not doing much
    I can see why Kane is not getting forward and scoring, at times Kane is doing a defensive midfielders job
    Regardless of whatever the end result will be today, you got to give credit to the work Graham Potter is doing with Brighton. He did an incredible job with Östersunds FK in Sweden, so I'm not surprised.