The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2019 Posts: 23,356
    I was quite relieved to get the points I did in the end

Selling Rice and bringing Luiz in cost me 16 points
    barryt007 wrote: »
    This has been a bad week for everyone in our min-league.

Difficult gameweek for sure. Team Kloppites had a good round though, with 55 points and a gameweek rank of 481,605!
    I was quite relieved to get the points I did in the end

Selling Rice and bringing Luiz in cost me 16 points

That move made sense on paper though. West Ham clean sheets are far between, and this is only Rice's second goal this season. Just bad luck that he managed 15 points the same gameweek you transferred him out.

Good thing about Luiz getting rested this gameweek is that he's more likely to play the upcoming fixtures.
    Another weekend and another gameweek! Here are the gameweek 30 captaincy picks:
    Agüero: 5
    Salah: 3
    Mané: 1
    Felipe Anderson: 1
    Sterling: 1

Agüero the go-to option for most of our league, with Salah also a good option. Mané, Felipe Anderson and Sterling are differentials backed by three of us. Good luck everyone!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I picked Robertson as Captain then at the last minute bottled it and went for Aguero. I just hope he starts as I think against Watford he could get another Hatrick based on Watford being terrible away to Liverpool.
    As things stand I have ten players for the blank GW, I just brought in Brooks for Jota for a hit. I really hope Jota does nothing at Chelsea
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,288
    I picked Robertson as Captain then at the last minute bottled it and went for Aguero. I just hope he starts as I think against Watford he could get another Hatrick based on Watford being terrible away to Liverpool.

I think both could be a good option this week, although captaining a defender is always risky. Time will tell which player brings in the most points!

Went with Sterling myself. Always a chance of Pep rotation, so I'm not confident with that decision.

I think both could be a good option this week, although captaining a defender is always risky. Time will tell which player brings in the most points!

Went with Sterling myself. Always a chance of Pep rotation, so I'm not confident with that decision.

The midweek champions league game for City complicates things, though they won't want to slip up this weekend so Pep should play his strongest side (wishfull thinking on my part)

The midweek champions league game for City complicates things, though they won't want to slip up this weekend so Pep should play his strongest side (wishfull thinking on my part)

Good point. The same could be said about Liverpool too; some people have even speculated if we could see Salah rested this weekend.

Good point. The same could be said about Liverpool too; some people have even speculated if we could see Salah rested this weekend.

I heard Arnold could be rested though I have a replacement I am happy with, the problem is rested can turn into come of the bench for the last ten minutes which can be irritating.

I heard Arnold could be rested though I have a replacement I am happy with, the problem is rested can turn into come of the bench for the last ten minutes which can be irritating.

I guess that's the issue with having TAA in the team. Then again, he can always deliver big when playing, so it's always a risk vs reward thing with him. That's why I have Alisson instead – but he's unlikely to get more than 6 points at best.

I guess that's the issue with having TAA in the team. Then again, he can always deliver big when playing, so it's always a risk vs reward thing with him. That's why I have Alisson instead – but he's unlikely to get more than 6 points at best.

I have double Liverpool defence. After the blanks I may get rid of one of them.

Trying to decide which striker to bring in for next week, I already have Hazard so reluctant to bring in Higuaín

Trying to decide which striker to bring in for next week, I already have Hazard so reluctant to bring in Higuaín

Might consider a defensive change eventually myself, but not until the wildcard.

Have the same dilemma re. strikers also. Currently I'm considering three different options, but I really don't know which one to go for. A -4 involving Higuaín is one of them.

Might consider a defensive change eventually myself, but not until the wildcard.

Have the same dilemma re. strikers also. Currently I'm considering three different options, but I really don't know which one to go for. A -4 involving Higuaín is one of them.

I will have to take another hit to get eleven on the pitch, I cant count lol I may go for a 451 formation as don't want to transfer out Jiminez and Rashford

I will have to take another hit to get eleven on the pitch, I cant count lol I may go for a 451 formation as don't want to transfer out Jiminez and Rashford

I wonder if it's worth having eleven players or not, if it involves multiple hits. Depending on the Puncheon situation, I might have to make a -8 hit to field eleven players, Might just go with ten and make a -4.

It's difficult to navigate the blanks!
    Yeah I have Puncheon not had anything to shout about from him yet though he is a make up the numbers player.

I am doomed with the blanks as no chips
    Yeah I have Puncheon not had anything to shout about from him yet though he is a make up the numbers player.

I am doomed with the blanks as no chips

Apparently there was some sort of disagreement between him and Huddersfield manager Jan Siewert, but Siewert played it down in the press conference. For that reason alone I decided to keep Puncheon this gameweek, just to see if he plays or not.

A lot of FPL managers will find themselves in the same situation though. Making some clever transfers and picking the right captains can see you get some good scores!
    1-1 at the moment in the Palace-Brighton game. In other words, no clean sheets in the first fixture of the weekend.
    1-1 at the moment in the Palace-Brighton game. In other words, no clean sheets in the first fixture of the weekend.

I have no players from this game, just watching Sky Sports Soccer Saturday whilst I program my new Stream Deck app, one of the macro buttons is FPL Web page lol

I have no players from this game, just watching Sky Sports Soccer Saturday whilst I program my new Stream Deck app, one of the macro buttons is FPL Web page lol

That seems like a good way to spend a Saturday afternoon! Watching the game playing Wan-Bissaka isn't so much fun…
    …and another Brighton goal…

That seems like a good way to spend a Saturday afternoon! Watching the game playing Wan-Bissaka isn't so much fun…

Got four days off so being lazy today, I like listening to the soccer Saturday panel though I could have put the game on my computer, I have five things I can watch tv on in my lounge :))

Got four days off so being lazy today, I like listening to the soccer Saturday panel though I could have put the game on my computer, I have five things I can watch tv on in my lounge :))

That sounds nice! Few things are better than a lazy Saturday afternoon watching football on TV, IMO. Would've been an even better afternoon if the next match wasn't the Sp*rs one…

That sounds nice! Few things are better than a lazy Saturday afternoon watching football on TV, IMO. Would've been an even better afternoon if the next match wasn't the Sp*rs one…

Looking forward to tomorrow's games must win for United and Arsenal, Ole will definately attack, for United Martial, Matic and Herrera are in contention to start

Looking forward to tomorrow's games must win for United and Arsenal, Ole will definately attack, for United Martial, Matic and Herrera are in contention to start

Not looking forward to that game. After the performance on Thursday, I've written off this season completely for Arsenal – both in PL and the EL.

Not looking forward to that game. After the performance on Thursday, I've written off this season completely for Arsenal – both in PL and the EL.

I am nervous as your team is good at home, though our away form is outstanding, Ole has won 9 away games in a row that no other United manager has done. I expect United to attack from the start

I am nervous as your team is good at home, though our away form is outstanding, Ole has won 9 away games in a row that no other United manager has done. I expect United to attack from the start

United definitely will. Arsenal's defence has been horrible since Holding got injured. Some summer signings is definitely needed!

United definitely will. Arsenal's defence has been horrible since Holding got injured. Some summer signings is definitely needed!

I heard Torreira is out? he looks a good player
    I fear Kane is going to get a hatfull today, I wanted to bring him back in though the blank put me off
    Gr forgot to change my keeper, I meant to put Lossl on the bench and play Etheridge

I heard Torreira is out? he looks a good player

Got a red against Sp*rs. Danny Rose – who he fouled, should have been sent off earlier though, after he put his studs straight into Leno's stomach. Got away with only a yellow (unsurprisingly).
    I fear Kane is going to get a hatfull today, I wanted to bring him back in though the blank put me off

He will probably score. Can't see Soton keeping Sp*rs from finding the net.
    Gr forgot to change my keeper, I meant to put Lossl on the bench and play Etheridge

You never know! Bournemouth aren't as good away as at home, I think.