The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

I was considering Deulofeu before I brought in Jota

At the last minute I got Aubameyang in for Aguero for a hit, I hope it pays off, I have captained Aubameyang also

The players we just consider instead of bringing in have a tendency to do well, don't they? :))

With the scores I've had so far this gameweek, I really hope Aubameyang scores big against Southampton. I have a bad feeling Southampton will turn up for this match though…

Yeah Southampton did OK against you earlier this season, I went for Aubameyang as there was no one else really. I almost brought in Kane though I was 0.1 million short Gr then he scores :))

Yeah, the captaincy options this gameweek aren't that many, if not counting the possibility of captaining either a Liverpool or United player – and that's a difficult match to predict, IMO.

Been 0.1m short so many times this season, as well! It's really annoying, but at the same time it can narrow the options down considerably, which can be a good thing too.
    I benched Lossl for Etheridge, I have had no luck with keepers all season, Lossl got 5 points

He did? Guess he was quite busy this afternoon, with Huddersfield reduced to ten men.

I could have done the Kane deal if I did not bring in Etheridge so I basically lost 14 points so far for bringing in Etheridge :))

True some rubbish sides can have keepers who will rack up the saves, I think Etheridge got 15 points one game

Ouch! That's the way it works out sometimes, unfortunately!

Yes, some keepers are good for save points. And when they get clean sheets as well, you're looking at decent scores from the goalkeeper alone. Etheridge has saved some penalties as well.
    I was considering Deulofeu before I brought in Jota

At the last minute I got Aubameyang in for Aguero for a hit, I hope it pays off, I have captained Aubameyang also

The players we just consider instead of bringing in have a tendency to do well, don't they? :))

With the scores I've had so far this gameweek, I really hope Aubameyang scores big against Southampton. I have a bad feeling Southampton will turn up for this match though…

Yeah Southampton did OK against you earlier this season, I went for Aubameyang as there was no one else really. I almost brought in Kane though I was 0.1 million short Gr then he scores :))

Yeah, the captaincy options this gameweek aren't that many, if not counting the possibility of captaining either a Liverpool or United player – and that's a difficult match to predict, IMO.

Been 0.1m short so many times this season, as well! It's really annoying, but at the same time it can narrow the options down considerably, which can be a good thing too.
    I benched Lossl for Etheridge, I have had no luck with keepers all season, Lossl got 5 points

He did? Guess he was quite busy this afternoon, with Huddersfield reduced to ten men.

I could have done the Kane deal if I did not bring in Etheridge so I basically lost 14 points so far for bringing in Etheridge :))

True some rubbish sides can have keepers who will rack up the saves, I think Etheridge got 15 points one game

Ouch! That's the way it works out sometimes, unfortunately!

Yes, some keepers are good for save points. And when they get clean sheets as well, you're looking at decent scores from the goalkeeper alone. Etheridge has saved some penalties as well.

Already brought two players in for the blank weeks, now we know some of the double GW's trying to compensate for having no chips

That can be a good move. Looking at doing the same for gameweek 32 (and 34 possibly).
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,312
    Here are the gameweek 28 captaincy picks! Agüero and Aubameyang are the most popular options this time around, while Salah, Pogba and Lacazette makes the other picks for this gameweek. All good options with favourable fixtures. Good luck everyone!
    Agüero: 3
    Aubameyang: 3
    Salah: 2
    Pogba: 2
    Lacazette: 1
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Well another poor team selection with 12 points on my bench gr

Bad luck playing Bamba over Lascelles! Everton always have the potential of scoring though – even away.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Bad luck playing Bamba over Lascelles! Everton always have the potential of scoring though – even away.

Lascelles will probably come in for Rashford if he does not make it against Palace. Though my major crime is benching Lossl two weeks running as he all of a sudden is picking up points typical.

Lascelles will probably come in for Rashford if he does not make it against Palace. Though my major crime is benching Lossl two weeks running as he all of a sudden is picking up points typical.

It's looking very likely you'll get those point anyway! Never know with Huddersfield though. They're difficult to predict.

It's looking very likely you'll get those point anyway! Never know with Huddersfield though. They're difficult to predict.

I only brought in Etheridge as I thought Huddersfield were going to get smashed every week. Wolves could be on the slide, I may get Jota out with the blank weeks coming up, I may even ditch Jiminez

I only brought in Etheridge as I thought Huddersfield were going to get smashed every week. Wolves could be on the slide, I may get Jota out with the blank weeks coming up, I may even ditch Jiminez

That's just down to bad luck really. Etheridge has provided good scores several times this season.

Really don't know what to do with Wolves assets. I have some cash tied up with Jiménez and Doherty, so they're difficult to drop. As I have other priorities, I'll definitely keep for the Cardiff game.

That's just down to bad luck really. Etheridge has provided good scores several times this season.

Really don't know what to do with Wolves assets. I have some cash tied up with Jiménez and Doherty, so they're difficult to drop. As I have other priorities, I'll definitely keep for the Cardiff game.

Since the turn of the year my average has dropped and keeps dropping just not been able the recover I think the Double GW and Blanks will be the final nail, I am really paying for using my chips with no foresight, next season I'll hang on to the chips for dear life :))

Since the turn of the year my average has dropped and keeps dropping just not been able the recover I think the Double GW and Blanks will be the final nail, I am really paying for using my chips with no foresight, next season I'll hang on to the chips for dear life :))

That's just the way it happens sometimes; I'm not doing to well myself compared to earlier in the season.

Learned a lot playing FPL for the first time last season, so I definitely came more prepared into this season. Hasn't helped my rankings though, so that only highlights the luck vs planning factor!

As an example, I'm planning for gameweek 31. The trouble is the players I've brought in and planning on fielding aren't picking up points, and my overall rank is hurt by it. Question is if I can make up for those lost points in gameweek 31 or not. If I don't, then all the planning has been useless, as I could have focused on in-form (blanking) players instead…

That's just the way it happens sometimes; I'm not doing to well myself compared to earlier in the season.

Learned a lot playing FPL for the first time last season, so I definitely came more prepared into this season. Hasn't helped my rankings though, so that only highlights the luck vs planning factor!

As an example, I'm planning for gameweek 31. The trouble is the players I've brought in and planning on fielding aren't picking up points, and my overall rank is hurt by it. Question is if I can make up for those lost points in gameweek 31 or not. If I don't, then all the planning has been useless, as I could have focused on in-form (blanking) players instead…

With hindsight I wish I had stuck to my initial plan and just ignored the Blanks and took a week at a time, I must be having the worst first season ever.

With hindsight I wish I had stuck to my initial plan and just ignored the Blanks and took a week at a time, I must be having the worst first season ever.

Sticking to the plan is usually best! Taking a week at the time isn't necessarily the best thing to do though, as it's better to target in-form players with a decent run of fixtures. That increases the likelihood of getting returns over several gameweeks. However, it doesn't always turn out that way…
    Ozil delivering FPL points from out of nowhere

Still no Aubameyang involvement. Fearing another big red arrow…

I got rid and brought back in Aguero so only had Aubameyang one GW, I took a hit though with Jesus out worth trying plus I have nothing to lose.

I got rid and brought back in Aguero so only had Aubameyang one GW, I took a hit though with Jesus out worth trying plus I have nothing to lose.

That's a good move, I think. Agüero can get a lot of goals going forward.
    FINALLY!
    Robertson and Arnold are bailing me out this week
    3 assists from Arnold woohoo
    Dam Rashford came on, though from a terrible start my team has done OK thankfully
    Dam Rashford came on, though from a terrible start my team has done OK thankfully

Didn't see this happening!
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,459
    I am expecting some bonus points from Liverpool defence.

If only I had got those 12 points on my bench

Liverpool defence getting bonus points is very likely!

Shame about the bench points. Guess nobody expected Rashford to play. Seemed a bit risky to do so.

Shame about the bench points. Guess nobody expected Rashford to play. Seemed a bit risky to do so.

At least Pogba got an assist, Lukaku has been poor so surprised by his brace, Ole is working wonders

At least Pogba got an assist, Lukaku has been poor so surprised by his brace, Ole is working wonders

Playing more freely will help any team with creative assets, IMO.

Really struggling with transfers for the weekend. Many players to consider, but there's positives and negatives with every option I feel. Might consider a hit as well, but that could be risky.

Really struggling with transfers for the weekend. Many players to consider, but there's positives and negatives with every option I feel. Might consider a hit as well, but that could be risky.

I am relatively happy with my team other than two Wolves players, I can cope with benching two United players though will have to get rid of Jota and Jimenez before there two blanks.

I am in no position to challenge for a decent finish, though you have good points I guess taking hits for me is not an issue now as I can't get much worse.
    Decided to swap Salah for Mané to free up cash, I think going into the final quarter of the season I think Mané will match Salah's points and looks much sharper to me.

I am relatively happy with my team other than two Wolves players, I can cope with benching two United players though will have to get rid of Jota and Jimenez before there two blanks.

I am in no position to challenge for a decent finish, though you have good points I guess taking hits for me is not an issue now as I can't get much worse.

There's definitely a case to transfer out Wolves players now, but I'd hold for one more gameweek (Jota might be an exception given his playing time). I'm toying with the same idea, but I have other priorities.

I've heard about FPL managers that have made massive rank jumps over the lat ten gamweeks or so – all down to having good differentials and picking captains that aren't captained by many other managers. Imagine captaining Deulofeu last weekend, for example!

If you do smart transfers, captain sensibly (or pick differentials for the armband), you can see a massive jump in rankings going forward. :-)
    Decided to swap Salah for Mané to free up cash, I think going into the final quarter of the season I think Mané will match Salah's points and looks much sharper to me.

That's a risky move, IMO, but it might work out fine given Mané and Salah's current form.
    Yeah no more transfers this week, Jota will be upgraded after this GW, I am considering bringing Hazard in for the Blank which I said I would not do