The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,369
    3 - 1 at Half Time Ronny (C) with a goal and assist so far. United been OK, I expect more goals in second half.

Good to finally get some points from Ronaldo. This means I haven't fallen too far behind in the money league I'm playing.

Yeah got a decent green arrow and back in the top million again, not sure what to do for next fixtures. Wolves at home will be tough so captaining Ronny may be a risk.

I toyed with the idea of using a Free Hit though none of those fixtures look good. Only just realised Leicester game is off (or I forgot).

Maddisson and Gallagher are concerns for me going to have to transfer one of them out.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Oh dear hope he is OK, very unlikely he will play at weekend.
    Southampton v Newcastle postponed.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    James is out for two months ... but no idea who to bring in for him. Any thoughts?
  • edited December 2021 Posts: 17,291
    Southampton v Newcastle postponed.

Damn, I might be looking at hits this gameweek too!
    Feyador wrote: »
    James is out for two months ... but no idea who to bring in for him. Any thoughts?

A Sp*rs defender is most likely my James replacement, but who? A Villa def could also be an option.

Dennis owners he has not gone to the African Nations Cup so that's one less player to worry about.

Saving a free Hit for GW21 assuming no more games get canceled.

Actually scrap that I don't need to Free Hit.
    Dennis owners he has not gone to the African Nations Cup so that's one less player to worry about.

Saving a free Hit for GW21 assuming no more games get canceled.

Actually scrap that I don't need to Free Hit.

Looking at the teams with a double gameweek in GW21, I don't think playing the Free Hit has a massive upside really. I'll only play the Free Hit if several games are postponed.
    Possible replacements for James, Livramento etc:

Digne (DGW), Regulion, Shaw (?), Lamptey, Marcal, Cash ...
    Chelsea v Liverpool game at risk Liverpool have 3 positive cases so far though Klopp confident it will go ahead.

I have made one transfer that gives me 3 players with Double GW's, and a playable bench if Gallagher is fit by the time Palace play West Ham.

I may just leave my team as it is now, having the Brentford keeper as my second keeper has paid off.

Chasing more points with hits maybe futile if more games are cancelled.
    Back to 10.3K OR ... and trying not to lose rank this coming game week. Bowen as my captain, but is at "risk" of getting some rest as he's played every minute since GW13. Surprise DGW for Toney, whom I'm still holding .... so 4 pts incoming, probably 😄 !
    I probably need to prioritise a James replacement, but Ronaldo to Antonio for West Ham's double gameweek is tempting.
    I probably need to prioritise a James replacement, but Ronaldo to Antonio for West Ham's double gameweek is tempting.

That's a move I am likely to do last minute for a Hit, its the only way I can get Antonio in. At work tonight so will mull over what to do.

That's a move I am likely to do last minute for a Hit, its the only way I can get Antonio in. At work tonight so will mull over what to do.

Indeed, it's not a move I'm set on doing, but one to mull over until the deadline.
  • edited January 2022 Posts: 17,291
    The gameweek 21 deadline is in just half an hour, which gives me just enough time ti congratulate our gameweek 20 winner! Gameweek 20 was a low scoring gameweek, where the average points scored was 37. If you were lucky enough to own one of the players that scored a double digit haul, you could be certain of a good gameweek. Team Extreme, our gameweek winner even captained one of them – Ronaldo, and got 24 points from that decision alone. His team scored 74 points in total, which brought the team to a gameweek rank of 29 928. Congratulations!

0JFa11E.png

Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: FC Nostromo
    GW 18: Incredible XI
    GW 19: ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?
    GW 20: Team Extreme
    Here are the gameweek 21 captaincy picks!
    Bowen: 6
    Antonio: 6
    Salah: 3
    Benrahma: 2
    Ronaldo: 2
    Grealish: 1
    Alexander-Arnold: 1
    Bernardo: 1
    Fernandes: 1
    Soucek: 1
    Son: 1
    Dennis: 1
    Jesus: 1
    Kane: 1

Since gameweek 21 is a double gameweek for some teams, it's no surprise to see Bowen and Antonio, with their favourable double, topping the captaincy pick list. Salah, Benrahma and Ronaldo are the only other players backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!
    Helluva game, Arsenal/City! That first half from Arsenal was the best I've seen from them in years .... Martinelli, Saka et al, wow! But it's unraveling now as a I watch into the second half.
    Can't believe how "Arsenal" that second half turned out to be. Such a soft penalty given to City as well. That one would never have been given if it was in front of the City goal. Never.
    Congratulations Team Extreme.

I have started this GW badly, already made one bad decision that's what happens when I keep changing my mind on a player.

Unlucky Arsenal I had a feeling they would score so I went without my three City defenders.
    edited January 2022 Posts: 23,369
    Dennis and Son blanking have done me a huge favour after omitting them this week with my Free Hit.

Then Son gets a assist in the 96th minute :))

Gallagher not in Squad for Palace, my team would not have done well so feel Free Hit maybe justified.
    I brought Salah in though just noticed Red Flagged for International duty. I have Coleman as first sub with two fixtures as back up thank god. Its a bit naughty announcing Salah absence so late.

Antonio delivering as Captain so far.
    Possible penalty for WH...

Penalty given Lanzin to take Gr, goal.

I have Bowen, Antonio and Coufal

Half time WH 3 - 0 up.
    Dam Palace scored late on there goes my clean sheet, cone on WH grab another.

2 - 3 now Palace trying to make late come back
  • edited January 2022 Posts: 17,291

I have started this GW badly, already made one bad decision that's what happens when I keep changing my mind on a player.

I can see plenty of points for this FH team, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!
    I brought Salah in though just noticed Red Flagged for International duty. I have Coleman as first sub with two fixtures as back up thank god. Its a bit naughty announcing Salah absence so late.

The Salah red flag is there because he travels for international duty before next gameweek, isn't it? And since the deadline for this gameweek has passed…

Too bad West Ham didn't manage to keep a clean sheet, but the face Norwich next so there's a chance for them to keep one in that game.

The Salah red flag is there because he travels for international duty before next gameweek, isn't it? And since the deadline for this gameweek has passed…

Too bad West Ham didn't manage to keep a clean sheet, but the face Norwich next so there's a chance for them to keep one in that game.

Of course, because Salah was red flagged on my points page as well as pick a team page for GW22 it threw me.

That was almost a replay of the game in August when Palace fought back from a two goal deficit to earn a draw. They arguably deserved a draw today ...
    Feyador wrote: »

That was almost a replay of the game in August when Palace fought back from a two goal deficit to earn a draw. They arguably deserved a draw today ...

Agree it waa a good game, Palace were decent despite missing key players.

Of course, because Salah was red flagged on my points page as well as pick a team page for GW22 it threw me.

Same here, though I quickly realised it had to be in connection with him going to AFCON before the next deadline.

Same here, though I quickly realised it had to be in connection with him going to AFCON before the next deadline.

I am looking forward to the matches tomorrow (well today 😂) , even more so as I have the day off and some belated New Year celebratory drinks are in order.

Hopefully Liverpool will pick up the win with a Salah haul. I still think third place is up for grabs if Chelsea continue to slip up.
    Lukaku dropped from squad to face Liverpool?

Backing Brentford and Everton was a mistake in these fixtures, decided to stop watching the games and hope for the best at full time... FPL Gods [-O<