The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

Undecided who to pick for Captain this GW, leaning toward Sane though Hazard at home possibly as a false 9 again could be a great choice.

Between three players for me at the moment; Aubameyang, Hazard or Sané. Really don't know who to pick at all. On top of that, I also have two free transfers, and can't decide what to do with those either!

Don't forget there is a Prem game tonight, it appears Hazard will continue as a false 9 so going with him, I still have Kane though Spurs away to Everton is less favourable than Chelsea playing Leicester at home. Saying that City should demolish Palace at home, gr too many variables :))

Haha, yes – I'm well aware and stressed over the Friday night deadline! Would have been great with no Friday game now :))

So many variables indeed! Toying with three different transfers now, and will no doubt pick the wrong one!

relatively happy with my team for the Christmas period, thinking of maybe bringing in United players if I sacrifice Kane, ill see how United line up tomorrow which should be an indicator going forward.

Wish I was as confident in my own team! Having a decent side now will be a big advantage going into the next games. No doubt the bench players will be needed at some point. The thing with Kane is that he's unlikely to get rotated. He plays a lot – which can be a positive and a negative.
    Changed my captain three times, Kane having a Cold is a concern

Same here! Did a lot of captain/vice captain changes all the way up to the deadline. Don't know what I ended up with in the end, as the game went to updating!

I chose Hazard as I thought there is a good chance of bonus points with him also, Sane would seem an obvious choice though you never know with pep and he often pulls players of like Sane even when they start before the 60 minute mark

Hazard is a good pick (and one I had the armband on more than a few times this week!). Went with Sané as he's been quite consistent recently, with Aubameyang as vice captain. Don't know what to expect this gameweek, as there's so many players that can do well.

Sané: 2
    Salah: 1
    Kane: 1

A lot of good options this week, with captaincy picks from five different teams. Good luck everyone!

Kane got a brace against Everton last season, I hope me not picking him as captain does not back fire though him having Cold may keep him on the bench.

I brought in Digne and I'm playing him against Sp*rs. Hoping for a different result entirely in that game :))

its an awkward game for me as I have Pickford and Richarlison also in my team, though after that game Everton have a good run of fixtures. Hopefully it will be a goalfest with Both strikers scoring two :))

I highly doubt a 0-0, that's for sure! Everton does indeed have a good run of fixtures. My only worry is the number of rest days between each game. I think they are among the teams with the least amount of days between each fixture. Liverpool and Man City have the most.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Salah has scored
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Undecided who to pick for Captain this GW, leaning toward Sane though Hazard at home possibly as a false 9 again could be a great choice.

Between three players for me at the moment; Aubameyang, Hazard or Sané. Really don't know who to pick at all. On top of that, I also have two free transfers, and can't decide what to do with those either!

Don't forget there is a Prem game tonight, it appears Hazard will continue as a false 9 so going with him, I still have Kane though Spurs away to Everton is less favourable than Chelsea playing Leicester at home. Saying that City should demolish Palace at home, gr too many variables :))

Haha, yes – I'm well aware and stressed over the Friday night deadline! Would have been great with no Friday game now :))

So many variables indeed! Toying with three different transfers now, and will no doubt pick the wrong one!

relatively happy with my team for the Christmas period, thinking of maybe bringing in United players if I sacrifice Kane, ill see how United line up tomorrow which should be an indicator going forward.

Wish I was as confident in my own team! Having a decent side now will be a big advantage going into the next games. No doubt the bench players will be needed at some point. The thing with Kane is that he's unlikely to get rotated. He plays a lot – which can be a positive and a negative.

Same here! Did a lot of captain/vice captain changes all the way up to the deadline. Don't know what I ended up with in the end, as the game went to updating!

I chose Hazard as I thought there is a good chance of bonus points with him also, Sane would seem an obvious choice though you never know with pep and he often pulls players of like Sane even when they start before the 60 minute mark

Hazard is a good pick (and one I had the armband on more than a few times this week!). Went with Sané as he's been quite consistent recently, with Aubameyang as vice captain. Don't know what to expect this gameweek, as there's so many players that can do well.

A lot of good options this week, with captaincy picks from five different teams. Good luck everyone!

Kane got a brace against Everton last season, I hope me not picking him as captain does not back fire though him having Cold may keep him on the bench.

I brought in Digne and I'm playing him against Sp*rs. Hoping for a different result entirely in that game :))

its an awkward game for me as I have Pickford and Richarlison also in my team, though after that game Everton have a good run of fixtures. Hopefully it will be a goalfest with Both strikers scoring two :))

I highly doubt a 0-0, that's for sure! Everton does indeed have a good run of fixtures. My only worry is the number of rest days between each game. I think they are among the teams with the least amount of days between each fixture. Liverpool and Man City have the most.

FPL scout mentioned the congestion of Everton games, I would still back Richarlison to bag a few goals
    Salah has scored

Ouch! Not owning Salah is difficult. Still wondering if I should get him back.

FPL scout mentioned the congestion of Everton games, I would still back Richarlison to bag a few goals

Richarlison is quite a favourite of Silva. He'll play the majority of minutes if fit, no doubt. It's the defenders and the rest of the midfielders that are more likely to get reduced minutes.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,293
    Hm… Can get Salah back with two free transfers. Would mean Lacazette to a 4.5-5.0 striker, and Son out. One to think about. Sterling an alternative too.
    Hm… Can get Salah back with two free transfers. Would mean Lacazette to a 4.5-5.0 striker, and Son out. One to think about. Sterling an alternative too.

Liverpool have a few tricky games coming up including City, decided not to go for Salah. Looking at Uniteds next six fixtures other than Spurs away all winnable assuming some form can be found, Rashford and Martial are both tempting with Lukaku and Sanchez both out.

Liverpool have a few tricky games coming up including City, decided not to go for Salah. Looking at Uniteds next six fixtures other than Spurs away all winnable assuming some form can be found, Rashford and Martial are both tempting with Lukaku and Sanchez both out.

Very true re. Salah and Liverpool. Simply don't know which moves to make. Will have until Wednesday fortunately!

Solskjær got a perfect run of fixtures ahead of him. The media is going Solskjær crazy over here now (getting close to a 24/7 Solskjær watch!); I hate to think about how much more content they can squeeze out over the Christmas period should his impact be a positive one…
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,375

Very true re. Salah and Liverpool. Simply don't know which moves to make. Will have until Wednesday fortunately!

Solskjær got a perfect run of fixtures ahead of him. The media is going Solskjær crazy over here now (getting close to a 24/7 Solskjær watch!); I hate to think about how much more content they can squeeze out over the Christmas period should his impact be a positive one…

All being well and assuming Lukaku does not return I'll bring bringing in Rashford for the home game against Huddersfield.

I think United camp got so toxic the players will feel a huge pressure lifted, Ole is a legend and a positive person so despite the season being a mess, hopefully now the team can just go out and express themselves and plan for next season behind the scenes.

All being well and assuming Lukaku does not return I'll bring bringing in Rashford for the home game against Huddersfield.

I think United camp got so toxic the players will feel a huge pressure lifted, Ole is a legend and a positive person so despite the season being a mess, hopefully now the team can just go out and express themselves and plan for next season behind the scenes.

Rashford might be a good FPL option, actually. Not too expensive either, which allows for funds to be spent elsewhere as well.

Now a Salah assist. Going without really is difficult!

Rashford might be a good FPL option, actually. Not too expensive either, which allows for funds to be spent elsewhere as well.

I got 8 points from the Liverpool game not bad, I want to hang onto Ximenez so played him though Robertson clean sheet helped.

I got 8 points from the Liverpool game not bad, I want to hang onto Ximenez so played him though Robertson clean sheet helped.

Benched Jiménez for this fixture myself, and only waited for him to score! Highly doubt Balbuena or Digne will outscore his two points though.
    On the verge of a unmitigated disaster, the freak results as they stand are going to give me a Terrible points tally.
    On the verge of a unmitigated disaster, the freak results as they stand are going to give me a Terrible points tally.

Same here! The only thing I've done right this week is keeping the Arsenal double-up, and playing Robertson.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I forgot to change my line up in time.
    Wish I’d made a few changes.
    Benny wrote: »
    I forgot to change my line up in time.
    Wish I’d made a few changes.

Easy to forget the deadline with a Friday night game!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I deeply regret buying Sané and captain-ing him, since Crystal Palace are winning 1-3 at the moment (City at home).
    Just when you think you have the perfect team, most of them don't deliver. Thankfully the next GW is only a few days away.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    And of course I benched Brooks, who just scored twice for Bournemouth!
    Nightmare

I am going to have to tweak my team in some areas after today.
    I deeply regret buying Sané and captain-ing him, since Crystal Palace are winning 1-3 at the moment (City at home).

Aubameyang vice captaincy really hurts right now. A very late captaincy switch to Sané too…
    Just when you think you have the perfect team, most of them don't deliver. Thankfully the next GW is only a few days away.

Very, very true!
    And of course I benched Brooks, who just scored twice for Bournemouth!

Oh no! :-(
    I should have stuck with Kane as Captain, I am questioning my choice to bring in Hazard again, last time I had him he went off the boil
    I should have stuck with Kane as Captain, I am questioning my choice to bring in Hazard again, last time I had him he went off the boil

This is the kind of gameweek where you either have a good one or a terrible one, I think. Doesn't happen every gameweek that the majority of players fail to deliver anything, so it's wise not to make any rash decisions re. transfers. I do admit I have the finger on the transfer button for a couple of players though…

This is the kind of gameweek where you either have a good one or a terrible one, I think. Doesn't happen every gameweek that the majority of players fail to deliver anything, so it's wise not to make any rash decisions re. transfers. I do admit I have the finger on the transfer button for a couple of players though…

Chelsea's fixtures don't look as easy as they did a week ago or so, they are facing form teams. Think I'll ship Hazard out after tomorrow baring Injury's elsewhere.
    Rashford 35 yards free kick 3 minutes in, come on United

Chelsea's fixtures don't look as easy as they did a week ago or so, they are facing form teams. Think I'll ship Hazard out after tomorrow baring Injury's elsewhere.

Might be a move to consider for me as well, but I fear he'll get back to scoring form when I ship him, haha!

Might be a move to consider for me as well, but I fear he'll get back to scoring form when I ship him, haha!

True I seem to being signing players on there off days

Tempted to hold Hazard for Watford away, but he's on the other hand an enabler to get a few other (cheaper) players. Having two free transfers now, I'm looking at A LOT of different alternatives!

Tempted to hold Hazard for Watford away, but he's on the other hand an enabler to get a few other (cheaper) players. Having two free transfers now, I'm looking at A LOT of different alternatives!

I am glad the games are on a conveyer belt, I have given up on a few of my players and going for a five man midfield.
    I am on the verge of a 12 point hit, I think I need to take the risk to improve my team

I am glad the games are on a conveyer belt, I have given up on a few of my players and going for a five man midfield.

Yeah, I'm happy the games come fast now. Waiting a week thinking of what to do would have been difficult! Might do one free transfer tomorrow depending on the results in the last game. Might save the second transfer, as I feel there's a risk things could backfire.
    I am on the verge of a 12 point hit, I think I need to take the risk to improve my team

12 point hit? That's risky!
    That being said, a guy in a different mini league I'm in took a 12 point hit a few weeks ago and still outscored me by 10 points or so. Might work out just fine.