The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

I thought you could only accumulate 2 free transfers?

Two free transfers yes, but there's nobody keeping you from taking hits ;-)
    A mini league rival in a different league took a -12 not long ago.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I regret taking - 4 point hits, I am sticking with my team my score is OK today, hopefully I will get a few more points tomorrow. Though Kane needs to start delivering soon he is letting me down points wise, his return does not warrant his price currently

I regret taking - 4 point hits, I am sticking with my team my score is OK today, hopefully I will get a few more points tomorrow. Though Kane needs to start delivering soon he is letting me down points wise, his return does not warrant his price currently

Taking hits can be a gamble of course, but should ideally be for a long-term solution. If the player you bring in can outscore whoever you take out over X amount of gameweeks, then it's alright. There's always a risk taking out Kane, as Sp*rs (unfortunately!) have some favourable fixtures over the Christmas period. As long as he doesn't go goal crazy, I'll look at other options for my own team.

If your team does well overall, there's not necessarily a rush to make moves. Sit tight and at least wait for press conference news etc.
    Hard fought draw at Bristol City yesterday, well done playing to the bitter end boys. Really proud of you!!! OTBC!!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Hard fought draw at Bristol City yesterday, well done playing to the bitter end boys. Really proud of you!!! OTBC!!!!

Looks like Norwich and Leeds are getting a gap down to the rest of the teams right now!

Looks like Norwich and Leeds are getting a gap down to the rest of the teams right now!

Maybe? Such a long way to go though!

That's true of course, but it's very promising the form Norwich are in right now!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Listening to a FPL show, he is making some good points about premium strikers, they are just not delivering for there price
    Listening to a FPL show, he is making some good points about premium strikers, they are just not delivering for there price

This is very true. Looking at overall points scored for strikers, you have Wilson second, just behind Aubameyang, Jiménez is fifth, and Mitrović seventh. Things can change still though, but there's a case for shifting funds out of the striker spot into midfield and defence. The risk though, is if the premium strikers begin to pick up points, and you have to make several transfers to fit them into your team again.

But taking a few risks throughout the season might be worth it of course, and it's always smart to have a plan how to get a certain player, if need.

This is very true. Looking at overall points scored for strikers, you have Wilson second, just behind Aubameyang, Jiménez is fifth, and Mitrović seventh. Things can change still though, but there's a case for shifting funds out of the striker spot into midfield and defence. The risk though, is if the premium strikers begin to pick up points, and you have to make several transfers to fit them into your team again.

But taking a few risks throughout the season might be worth it of course, and it's always smart to have a plan how to get a certain player, if need.

I am on the trigger finger with Kane to ship him out and bolster an already good midfield.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,292

I am on the trigger finger with Kane to ship him out and bolster an already good midfield.

Same here, with my Arsenal duo. Will need to keep an eye on game time and press conferences midweek. But it's also Burnley at home next…
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,369

Same here, with my Arsenal duo. Will need to keep an eye on game time and press conferences midweek. But it's also Burnley at home next…

I have made a few impulsive transfers out of anger and frustration with a player, I need to wait just before the games

This guy has had 3 top 500 finishes in the Last four years.

This guy has had 3 top 500 finishes in the Last four years.

Fantasy Football Scout is great for FPL content; I sometimes watch their videos when I need a bit of inspiration. Here's his Twitter account, btw:
    https://twitter.com/FPLGeneral

Here in Norway we also have three(!) different FPL podcasts, and I've just started to watch the videos of a Swedish FPL show as well.

That's true of course, but it's very promising the form Norwich are in right now!

Certainly in a great position heading into the festive period and second half of the season.

Certainly in a great position heading into the festive period and second half of the season.

No doubt about that!

@Torgeirtrap I have been watching this FPL channel...

@Torgeirtrap I have been watching this FPL channel...

Let's Talk FPL is also an interesting Youtube channel to follow. The guy behind the channel usually gives good insight to his decisions and transfers. Worth a watch!
    Undecided who to pick for Captain this GW, leaning toward Sane though Hazard at home possibly as a false 9 again could be a great choice.
    Undecided who to pick for Captain this GW, leaning toward Sane though Hazard at home possibly as a false 9 again could be a great choice.

Between three players for me at the moment; Aubameyang, Hazard or Sané. Really don't know who to pick at all. On top of that, I also have two free transfers, and can't decide what to do with those either!

Between three players for me at the moment; Aubameyang, Hazard or Sané. Really don't know who to pick at all. On top of that, I also have two free transfers, and can't decide what to do with those either!

Don't forget there is a Prem game tonight, it appears Hazard will continue as a false 9 so going with him, I still have Kane though Spurs away to Everton is less favourable than Chelsea playing Leicester at home. Saying that City should demolish Palace at home, gr too many variables :))

Don't forget there is a Prem game tonight, it appears Hazard will continue as a false 9 so going with him, I still have Kane though Spurs away to Everton is less favourable than Chelsea playing Leicester at home. Saying that City should demolish Palace at home, gr too many variables :))

Haha, yes – I'm well aware and stressed over the Friday night deadline! Would have been great with no Friday game now :))

So many variables indeed! Toying with three different transfers now, and will no doubt pick the wrong one!

Haha, yes – I'm well aware and stressed over the Friday night deadline! Would have been great with no Friday game now :))

So many variables indeed! Toying with three different transfers now, and will no doubt pick the wrong one!

relatively happy with my team for the Christmas period, thinking of maybe bringing in United players if I sacrifice Kane, ill see how United line up tomorrow which should be an indicator going forward.
    Changed my captain three times, Kane having a Cold is a concern

relatively happy with my team for the Christmas period, thinking of maybe bringing in United players if I sacrifice Kane, ill see how United line up tomorrow which should be an indicator going forward.

Wish I was as confident in my own team! Having a decent side now will be a big advantage going into the next games. No doubt the bench players will be needed at some point. The thing with Kane is that he's unlikely to get rotated. He plays a lot – which can be a positive and a negative.

Same here! Did a lot of captain/vice captain changes all the way up to the deadline. Don't know what I ended up with in the end, as the game went to updating!

Wish I was as confident in my own team! Having a decent side now will be a big advantage going into the next games. No doubt the bench players will be needed at some point. The thing with Kane is that he's unlikely to get rotated. He plays a lot – which can be a positive and a negative.

Same here! Did a lot of captain/vice captain changes all the way up to the deadline. Don't know what I ended up with in the end, as the game went to updating!

I chose Hazard as I thought there is a good chance of bonus points with him also, Sane would seem an obvious choice though you never know with pep and he often pulls players of like Sane even when they start before the 60 minute mark

I chose Hazard as I thought there is a good chance of bonus points with him also, Sane would seem an obvious choice though you never know with pep and he often pulls players of like Sane even when they start before the 60 minute mark

Hazard is a good pick (and one I had the armband on more than a few times this week!). Went with Sané as he's been quite consistent recently, with Aubameyang as vice captain. Don't know what to expect this gameweek, as there's so many players that can do well.

Sané: 2
    Salah: 1
    Kane: 1

A lot of good options this week, with captaincy picks from five different teams. Good luck everyone!

Hazard is a good pick (and one I had the armband on more than a few times this week!). Went with Sané as he's been quite consistent recently, with Aubameyang as vice captain. Don't know what to expect this gameweek, as there's so many players that can do well.

A lot of good options this week, with captaincy picks from five different teams. Good luck everyone!

Kane got a brace against Everton last season, I hope me not picking him as captain does not back fire though him having Cold may keep him on the bench.

Kane got a brace against Everton last season, I hope me not picking him as captain does not back fire though him having Cold may keep him on the bench.

I brought in Digne and I'm playing him against Sp*rs. Hoping for a different result entirely in that game :))

I brought in Digne and I'm playing him against Sp*rs. Hoping for a different result entirely in that game :))

its an awkward game for me as I have Pickford and Richarlison also in my team, though after that game Everton have a good run of fixtures. Hopefully it will be a goalfest with Both strikers scoring two :))