The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Brought in Balbuena and its the week he is not starting wt... typical of my luck with defenders. I have no back up with Lascelles and Matip out gr

Salah goal deflected

Isn't Balbuena in the squad either? I guess we must expect some rotation and situations where several players miss out.
    Son goal get in Le Selso assist

Damn. Come on, Liverpool!

Man Unted win and Bruno haul really make my week lol

Spurs hit the post jesus.

• edited December 2020 Posts: 17,293
    Brought in Balbuena and its the week he is not starting wt... typical of my luck with defenders. I have no back up with Lascelles and Matip out gr

Salah goal deflected

Isn't Balbuena in the squad either? I guess we must expect some rotation and situations where several players miss out.

With several players not bringing in the points, I'm sure Fernandes will! It feels like one of those gameweeks where picking the right captain is key.

Oh my! Not watching the game, but it looks like Sp*rs are very much in this match. A goal in added time would be typical!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Salah goal deflected

With several players not bringing in the points, I'm sure Fernandes will! It feels like one of those gameweeks where picking the right captain is key.

Oh my! Not watching the game, but it looks like Sp*rs are very much in this match. A goal in added time would be typical!

Good game in the end tense even as a neutral, wantrd Spurs to win for obvious reasons. Good winner for Firmino in the end.

Salah goal deflected

Good game in the end tense even as a neutral, wantrd Spurs to win for obvious reasons. Good winner for Firmino in the end.

I rarely root for a Liverpool win, but this is one of the exceptions! Don't know how this result affects the overall ranking though.
    A few teams had a double/triple gameweek in Eliteserien Fantasy. Can't complain about the gameweek score! :D

QvFugXv.png
    A few teams had a double/triple gameweek in Eliteserien Fantasy. Can't complain about the gameweek score! :D

QvFugXv.png

Wow well done, could you imagine getting that in FPL. I wonder what the highest ever FPL score is?

QvFugXv.png

Wow well done, could you imagine getting that in FPL. I wonder what the highest ever FPL score is?

You would get quite a rank rise, that's for sure! The article is a couple years old, but it looks like the highest ever gameweek score is 226 points (with Bench Boost played)

The highest gameweek score in Eliteserien Fantasy this gameweek was 213 points. The manager played a chip called Spissrush (Striker rush), which allows you to captain all your strikers. The three strikers in that team had a score of 56, 34 and 22 points. Interestingly, the two strikers scoring 34 and 22 points plays for teams that only had one game this gameweek.

I played a chip called Rik onkel (Rich Uncle), which is essentially a Free Hit where you also get unlimited funds. If this chip existed in FPL, you would be able to field a team with triple City, Liverpool etc.

QvFugXv.png

You would get quite a rank rise, that's for sure! The article is a couple years old, but it looks like the highest ever gameweek score is 226 points (with Bench Boost played)

The highest gameweek score in Eliteserien Fantasy this gameweek was 213 points. The manager played a chip called Spissrush (Striker rush), which allows you to captain all your strikers. The three strikers in that team had a score of 56, 34 and 22 points. Interestingly, the two strikers scoring 34 and 22 points plays for teams that only had one game this gameweek.

I played a chip called Rik onkel (Rich Uncle), which is essentially a Free Hit where you also get unlimited funds. If this chip existed in FPL, you would be able to field a team with triple City, Liverpool etc.

I think FPL should introduce a reward chip, if a player gets over 100 points (which I have never done lol) they earn a extra free hit chip or something.

---

Already made a transfer a defender, hopefully I will actually have three defenders playing next game lol
    edited December 2020 Posts: 23,376
    It is probably wise to starting planning for GW18 and GW19 now...
    GW18
    OszZnV4.png
    GW19
    grucw2O.png

___

Very relieved that Taylor (Burnley) and Targett (Villa) are starting 2 points for any of my defenders is a bonus lol
    Shock horror Ole is actually going for it at Sheffield United...

Henderson
    AWB Lindelof Maquire Telles
    Matic Pogba
    Greenwood Bruno Rashford
    Martial

May get some decent Bruno points tonight, United must win this game.

Villa 0 - 0 Burnley in the end two clean sheets for me i will take that.

Sheffield take lead after Henderson howler gr
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Henderson
    Matic Pogba
    Greenwood Bruno Rashford
    Martial

No extra Bruno points this week which is a shame.

Henderson
    Matic Pogba
    Greenwood Bruno Rashford
    Martial

No extra Bruno points this week which is a shame.

Thank fully not many of the main Captain picks had major hauls.
    There's another deadline already tomorrow, but we have time to congratulate our gameweek 13 winner, Mesut Özil, scoring impressive 71 points! In a gameweek with a pretty low average, that places the team at a gameweek rank of 27 242! =D>

EwqlyhG.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    League table standings:

1. Liverpool Richmond: GW 40 - TOT 775
    2. Team Extreme: GW 51 - TOT 751
    3. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 37 - TOT 742
    4. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 51 - TOT 742
    5. MEJICO POWA: GW 47 - TOT 741
    6. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 40 - TOT 715
    7. Ayew Crazy !: GW 58 - TOT 707
    8. Cremonese-killen: GW 44 - TOT 701
    9. Mesut Özil: GW 71 - TOT 698
    10. Honesty FC: GW 47 - TOT 693
    11. False 9 FC: GW 48 - TOT 688
    12. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 44 - TOT 680
    13. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 50 - TOT 678
    14. Shoots...he scores: GW 48 - TOT 646
    15. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 38 - TOT 640
    16. Anfield FC: GW 49 - TOT 588
    17. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 49 - TOT 573
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 50 - TOT 549

It's a regular deadline tomorrow: 11:00 UK time!
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,354
    Salah kaptein this week for me, at the moment.
    Any changes for this gameweek fellas ?

It's between Salah, Fernandes and De Bruyne for me at the moment, but I'm nowhere near deciding!

As for transfers, I'm in a rare position where I got two of them, but I have no transfers that requires to be made this gameweek. So I might burn a transfer, having two again next gameweek, or make a transfer to freshen up the bench a bit. I've also looked at what I can do for a hit (making three transfers), but it's either risky moves, or moves that are more difficult to correct should they fail…

It's between Salah, Fernandes and De Bruyne for me at the moment, but I'm nowhere near deciding!

As for transfers, I'm in a rare position where I got two of them, but I have no transfers that requires to be made this gameweek. So I might burn a transfer, having two again next gameweek, or make a transfer to freshen up the bench a bit. I've also looked at what I can do for a hit (making three transfers), but it's either risky moves, or moves that are more difficult to correct should they fail…

Calvert-Lewin, Salah, Fernandes for me at the moment.
    Michael Keane from everton in konsa out.

Calvert-Lewin, Salah, Fernandes for me at the moment.
    Michael Keane from everton in konsa out.

I expect Keane to get a clean sheet against Arsenal, as much as that pains me, haha!
    Went against my initial thinking after tinkering furiously with my team for an hour, and I've done Dias and Grealish to Taylor (of Burnley, that is) and Son. These are two moves I'm not at all confident in, but it gives me the opportunity to bring in a high-flying Son without resorting to taking a hit, which is nice.

I won't be surprised at all if Grealish+Dias outscores Taylor+Son this week though, but it's a case of owning a scoring Sp*rs asset or not.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,354
    Went against my initial thinking after tinkering furiously with my team for an hour, and I've done Dias and Grealish to Taylor (of Burnley, that is) and Son. These are two moves I'm not at all confident in, but it gives me the opportunity to bring in a high-flying Son without resorting to taking a hit, which is nice.

I won't be surprised at all if Grealish+Dias outscores Taylor+Son this week though, but it's a case of owning a scoring Sp*rs asset or not.

Anything can happen. You need a bit of luck a lot of the time.

Salah on the bench.

FPL is very luck depending when you think about it. You often feel you're on the wrong end of it, though!

FPL is very luck depending when you think about it. You often feel you're on the wrong end of it, though!

True.
    Here are the gameweek 14 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 4
    Calvert-Lewin: 3
    Son: 3
    Kane: 3
    Martial: 1
    Maddison: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Rashford: 1
    Fernandes: 1

There were some rumours about Salah being benched, I think – but you wouldn't bet on it. The four managers captaing Salah – our most captained player this gameweek – will have to hope for a sub appearance to lead to goal involvement, or for Salah not to feature at all and the vice captain of choice stepping up to deliver. Calvert-Lewin, Son and Kane are captained by three managers each, being the only players besides Salah captained by more the one manager.

Good luck everyone!
    Congratulations Mezut Ozil
    ---
    Totally missed the Salah rumours though went for Kane as Captain for a few reasons, firstly I legitimate thought Palace woukd be a tough fixture for Liverpool, I was totally wrong there looking at the score line.

Great time for me to sell Matip lol
    Looks like those who captained Salah got it right anyway – big time!
    WT... 5 - 0 when I checked now 7 - 0 oh dear, at least I own Salah.
    Matip assist bloody hell, my luck with defenders gr
    Mahrez benched again for City which I find odd considering his form recently.

Owning Salah was enough for me to get a green arrow (at the moment). Hoping Ole decides to pull a Pep roulette, benching Fernandes!

Owning Salah was enough for me to get a green arrow (at the moment). Hoping Ole decides to pull a Pep roulette, benching Fernandes!

I am having one of those seasons where every decision I make back fires, I brought in Vestergoard for Matip and City have scored typical.

The United v Leeds game has goal fest written allover it, Bruno should start.

I am having one of those seasons where every decision I make back fires, I brought in Vestergoard for Matip and City have scored typical.

The United v Leeds game has goal fest written allover it, Bruno should start.

Vestergaard is second on my bench. He's capable scoring though, so you could still get something from him in this game.

If there's one game you'd expect there to be goals this gameweek, it's that game. Could see Leeds going for it, but that should also lead to plenty of chances for United.