The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

Rashford goal with 3 bonus points, I will take that thank you

Much needed – although having Pope in goal doesn't help…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Top 50K only 15 points away, it really illustrates how tight the ranking is
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 17,293

It's really nothing more than a good return from a player, then you might shoot up the rankings still – like TAA in last gameweek. I'm hoping it'll be Mané this gameweek, but the way things are going he'll probably be benched!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2019 Posts: 23,376

It's really nothing more than a good return from a player, then you might shoot up the rankings still – like TAA in last gameweek. I'm hoping it'll be Mané this gameweek, but the way things are going he'll probably be benched!

Some of my bad decisions make me realise I could be in the mix with the top managers, though tactics take you so far then luck plays a part after that.

Some of my bad decisions make me realise I could be in the mix with the top managers, though tactics take you so far then luck plays a part after that.

Luck is definitely part of it. I also think knowing how to navigate transfers in/out at the right time makes a lot of difference, much the same way as picking the right captain each gameweek. I've paid the price not being quick enough to jump on in-form players this season. I haven't owned Ings yet, for example.

Luck is definitely part of it. I also think knowing how to navigate transfers in/out at the right time makes a lot of difference, much the same way as picking the right captain each gameweek. I've paid the price not being quick enough to jump on in-form players this season. I haven't owned Ings yet, for example.

Ings was a last minute move as my gut feeling was Vardy would not play, plus Ings rested against Chelsea it was worth the risk as he was fresh. I have trusted my gut feeling a lot this season more so than last, of course I have watched podcasts and read articles though its what you do with the information.

Also that TAA haul hurt last GW I had to do something to bounce back.

All that said later today could be a disaster :))
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Jimenez and Traoré on the bench for Wolves. 8-X

Just woke up, just seen the results. Salah was another captain fail for me.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2019 Posts: 15,690

My captain was Vardy, but since he didn't play, my vice becomes my captain for this GW. Luckily I had chosen KDB in this position, so he'll give me 22* points (1 assist + 1 goal).

* And some bonus points, hopefully.

My captain was Vardy, but since he didn't play, my vice becomes my captain for this GW. Luckily I had chosen KDB in this position, so he'll give me 22* points (1 assist + 1 goal).

* And some bonus points, hopefully.

That's good going KDB was my vice, Salah was my captain only 6 points from him.
    Phew! Mané as captain worked out in the end. Hopefully it will be a small green arrow rather than a big red one. [-O<
    Phew! Mané as captain worked out in the end. Hopefully it will be a small green arrow rather than a big red one. [-O<

You will get a green arrow you are several points ahead of me, think I may hold off on transfers as the next GW players will be rested again for sure.
    THE SECOND WILDCARD IS NOW ACTIVE!!!
    tenor.gif?itemid=15228993

I will do a mock Wildcard later when at work to see what potential team I can build.

You will get a green arrow you are several points ahead of me, think I may hold off on transfers as the next GW players will be rested again for sure.

Haven't checked my predicted ranking yet, but I hope you're right it will be a green arrow! There was this one time the predicted ranking was quite off from the ranking I actually got, but it might've been a bug or some variable not counted in the predicted rank.

giphy.gif

I hope to keep my wildcard for as long as possible, but I'll no doubt play it within a few weeks anyway! :))
    I am seriously thinking of going without Vardy to get Salah and Mané double up and keep Ings
    I am seriously thinking of going without Vardy to get Salah and Mané double up and keep Ings

It might be a risk worth taking if needed. I'm looking at maybe getting an Abraham replacement for the same double-up, but haven't looked at who to transfer out in midfield to create a spot for Salah.

It might be a risk worth taking if needed. I'm looking at maybe getting an Abraham replacement for the same double-up, but haven't looked at who to transfer out in midfield to create a spot for Salah.

Alli will be first to go for Mané for me as Alli won't be prolific enough and Ings will score more than Alli. So it's basically Vardy and Alli vs Mané and Ings which two will get more points

I am going to hit my Wildcard

Alli will be first to go for Mané for me as Alli won't be prolific enough and Ings will score more than Alli. So it's basically Vardy and Alli vs Mané and Ings which two will get more points

I think you might be right re. Alli and him not being prolific enough.

That's early! But if playing the wildcard allows you to restructure your team for the upcoming period, then it might be worth it. I didn't go through with any of the transfers I had in mind before the deadline (unfortunately I might say, given that all of those I considered delivered), so I have two free transfers. Because of that I will likely just make two transfers or a mini wildcard with a -4, saving the wildcard for later.

At this point I just don't know which transfers I want to make; Salah in for sure (either this gameweek or the next), but which striker to downgrade, and potential replacements elsewhere in the team, I'm really not sure about. I might want to look at goalkeeper options though. Burnley aren't in good form, and they have some tricky upcoming fixtures.

I think you might be right re. Alli and him not being prolific enough.

That's early! But if playing the wildcard allows you to restructure your team for the upcoming period, then it might be worth it. I didn't go through with any of the transfers I had in mind before the deadline (unfortunately I might say, given that all of those I considered delivered), so I have two free transfers. Because of that I will likely just make two transfers or a mini wildcard with a -4, saving the wildcard for later.

At this point I just don't know which transfers I want to make; Salah in for sure (either this gameweek or the next), but which striker to downgrade, and potential replacements elsewhere in the team, I'm really not sure about. I might want to look at goalkeeper options though. Burnley aren't in good form, and they have some tricky upcoming fixtures.

Well looking at different options and ultimately if I do Wildcard I only want to change four players

I will do a mock Wildcard later when at work to see what potential team I can build.

I would like to see Pukki do this celebration for real a lot in the second half of the season?!!! [-O< :-bd
    My team for gameweek #21:

Guaita
    Soyuncu, Chiwell, Rico
    De Bruyne, Martial, Salah, Traoré
    Jimenez, Vardy (C), Abraham.
    Ryan
    Gomez, TAA, Soyuncu
    Salah (C), Martial, Traoré, KDB
    Vardy , Rashford, Abraham
    Teams are looking good, @DaltonCraig007 and @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

One transfer for me (and a last minute one as well) – Jiménez in for Abraham.

Pope
    Alexander-Arnold - Rico - Söyüncü
    Grealish -Alli - Mané - De Bruyne
    Jiménez - Vardy (C) - Rashford

No captaincy picks until later tonight as I’m still away.
    I hit my Wildcard, wanted to get it out of the way lol

Tammy Abraham with assist in first half
    Grealish has just scored
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I would like to see Pukki do this celebration for real a lot in the second half of the season?!!! [-O< :-bd

Hopefully he will get back on the goal trail
    ---
    Just realised I won my first four Cup games, next apponent looks like a dead team...

Lloris
    Wan Bissaka, David Luiz, Maguire, TAA
    Rodrigo, Salah, James, Celabos
    Agüero, Long
    No Vardy in Leicester lineup.
    No Vardy in Leicester lineup.

Dam I should have kept Ings, I wonder if its extended leave to be with his wife and new baby
    Ings opens the score for Soton. 1-0 against Spurs.
    Ings opens the score for Soton. 1-0 against Spurs.

Still don't own him…

________

Arteta going for it! Bound to be a massive United win this.