The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• edited November 2019 Posts: 17,288
    @Torgeirtrap thankfully alot of my players have home games, I am tempted to get Rashford though reluctant to have him and Martial, I am certainly not looking to spend too much on a striker despite my options Premium are not better than mid priced strikers at this point

It's a tricky season as far as strikers goes, that's for sure! Right now the mid-priced options are the most tempting, but Abraham was one of the standout ones besides Vardy and Jiménez, and the other options do feel a bit…risky, IMO.
    Currently 10 of my starting 11 have home games only Ryan is away to Liverpool, of course that will change with Abraham out though I can bring in Cantwell who is at home to Arsenal hmm

Arsenal concede goals for fun, so Cantwell might be good as a one-week punt!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Finally having a good game week - on UCL fantasy, that is. :-))

Capture-d-e-cran-2019-11-27-a-22-28-21.png
    Finally having a good game week - on UCL fantasy, that is. :-))

Capture-d-e-cran-2019-11-27-a-22-28-21.png

Wow, that's impressive! Started playing UCL Fantasy in the second gameweek, so my score isn't good. I took a gamble taking out Messi this gameweek in order to upgrade in midfield, and he's on one goal and two assists at the moment…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Good news its not serious

It never occurred to me to check CL Fantasy football, I will definately register next season
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Unai Emery has been sacked by Arsenal.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/unai-emery-leaves-club

It never occurred to me to check CL Fantasy football, I will definately register next season

I will try and register i time next season, haha! Playing it just for fun right now; it's interesting to have so many good players to choose from!

Hm…wonder if we'll se a reaction Sunday against Norwich…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,356
    Abraham definately out for this weekend and assessed after, the issue here is there are three GW's in a week he could miss them all.

Interesting news re: Arsenal a reaction is likely from the team after Emery sacking, alot to ponder

Decided to rely on my bench as all my subs are likely to play, it's just which sub to pick Cantwell at home to Arsenal not looking as enticing and then there is Lundstrum away to Wolves, his haul potential really makes me reluctant to bench and Kelly appears to be Palaces only Right back.
    Abraham definately out for this weekend and assessed after, the issue here is there are three GW's in a week he could miss them all.

Interesting news re: Arsenal a reaction is likely from the team after Emery sacking, alot to ponder

Decided to rely on my bench as all my subs are likely to play, it's just which sub to pick Cantwell at home to Arsenal not looking as enticing and then there is Lundstrum away to Wolves, his haul potential really makes me reluctant to bench and Kelly appears to be Palaces only Right back.

I can't play any of my bench players for Abraham, so I'm in trouble. I can upgrade Connolly, but on the other hand, upgrading Abraham could be just as interesting. I wonder if Abraham's injury opens up for differential picks…

I can't play any of my bench players for Abraham, so I'm in trouble. I can upgrade Connolly, but on the other hand, upgrading Abraham could be just as interesting. I wonder if Abraham's injury opens up for differential picks…

I am willing to hold off on shipping out Abraham until Monday/Tuesday, if out longer I may sell though I got him at a early cheap price

I am willing to hold off on shipping out Abraham until Monday/Tuesday, if out longer I may sell though I got him at a early cheap price

I will have to make a late decision on Abraham i think. I have some value tied up with him, so buying back might become tricky.

I will try and register i time next season, haha! Playing it just for fun right now; it's interesting to have so many good players to choose from!

Don't take this the wrong way but I hope not?!!! :)) I am hoping their will be massive uncertainty among the players about their future at the club, so hopefully we can take some points off you.

At home and now finally with our central defenders fully fit I am feeling hopeful.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Don't take this the wrong way but I hope not?!!! :)) I am hoping their will be massive uncertainty among the players about their future at the club, so hopefully we can take some points off you.

At home and now finally with our central defenders fully fit I am feeling hopeful.

I think a Norwich win is a given at this point. Ljungberg is apparently doing great stuff at Arsenal, but it's too late to have a proper impact I think. Had he taken charge earlier in the week, then maybe.

I think a Norwich win is a given at this point. Ljungberg is apparently doing great stuff at Arsenal, but it's too late to have a proper impact I think. Had he taken charge earlier in the week, then maybe.

Tempted to bring in Rashford for Abraham, Rashford form is good though I don't trust Ole that's stopping me, maybe Martial will be enough at home to Villa

Tempted to bring in Rashford for Abraham, Rashford form is good though I don't trust Ole that's stopping me, maybe Martial will be enough at home to Villa

I've been looking at Rashford too tonight. What worries me is the two games after Villa (Sp*rs and City)…
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,356

I've been looking at Rashford too tonight. What worries me is the two games after Villa (Sp*rs and City)…

Spurs and City defences not great so chance of goals there.

I have been pondering should I take more risk and chase big points, not happy with Mount and obviously Abraham in my team at moment, I think KDB will be the difference in City's next set of fixtures I need him back in my side

I have been pondering should I take more risk and chase big points, not happy with Mount and obviously Abraham in my team at moment, I think KDB will be the difference in City's next set of fixtures I need him back in my side

Of course, but there's also other options with nicer fixtures. Something to think about until the deadline.

I've been thinking about the same. I've very much taken a safe approach so far, and lost out on points not taking a few risks. I don't know if this gameweek is the gameweek to start taking hits, but going forward (and with the likelihood of rotation in December), that might be necessary.

Of course, but there's also other options with nicer fixtures. Something to think about until the deadline.

I've been thinking about the same. I've very much taken a safe approach so far, and lost out on points not taking a few risks. I don't know if this gameweek is the gameweek to start taking hits, but going forward (and with the likelihood of rotation in December), that might be necessary.

With a few games in quick succession I should not fret too much, hopefully my midfield will do better than last week. Captain on Vardy for me after missing out last week, I think he will score vs Everton in turmoil
    edited November 2019 Posts: 15,690
    My team for gameweek #14 (some tweaks because of a number of injuries, most specifically Abraham & Aguero):

Guaita
    Lundstram, Chilwell, Soyuncu
    Cantwell, Pulisic, H Wilson, Salah, Traoré
    Vardy (C), Jimenez.

With a few games in quick succession I should not fret too much, hopefully my midfield will do better than last week. Captain on Vardy for me after missing out last week, I think he will score vs Everton in turmoil

Same here, I have the armband on Vardy partly not to miss out if he does well again, and partly because he's likely to be captained by many. Could pick Mané instead of course, as he has a good fixture as well.
    My team for gameweek #14 (some tweaks because of a number of injuries, most specifically Abraham & Aguero):

Guaita
    Lundstram, Chilwell, Soyuncu
    Cantwell, Pulisic, H Wilson, Salah, Traoré
    Vardy (C), Jimenez.

Looking good! Like the double Leicester defence for this gameweek ;-)
    Here are the gameweek 14 captaincy picks!
    Vardy: 9
    De Bruyne: 2
    Salah: 2
    Mané: 2
    Kane: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Sterling: 1
    Aubameyang: 1

Vardy is by far the most captained player in our league this weekend with 9(!) managers giving him the armband. Not surprising given recent performances though. Good luck everyone!
    Didn't expect Newcastle to put one in against Man City!
    Didn't expect Newcastle to put one in against Man City!

I didn't either!
    Newcastle equalizes again! 2-2.
    Newcastle equalizes again! 2-2.

Tim Stillman with a good point on Twitter:

I put my captaincy on Salah at the last minute and swapped Tomori for Lundstrum :)) hope it does not backfire
    I put my captaincy on Salah at the last minute and swapped Tomori for Lundstrum :)) hope it does not backfire

Expect Chelsea to get a clean sheet. Not feeling too confident playing Lundstram this weekend myself. As for Salah, he should be able to get returns against Brighton. Virgil van Dijk stealing the show right now though!

Expect Chelsea to get a clean sheet. Not feeling too confident playing Lundstram this weekend myself. As for Salah, he should be able to get returns against Brighton. Virgil van Dijk stealing the show right now though!

West Ham even when not on form have caused Chelsea problems before so it was a hunch possibly not a good one lol

I almost got in Jesus at the final hour glad I decided against it, Sterling getting points soon as I got rid ypicsl though I got Son in for him so damage minimal at moment

West Ham even when not on form have caused Chelsea problems before so it was a hunch possibly not a good one lol

I almost got in Jesus at the final hour glad I decided against it, Sterling getting points soon as I got rid ypicsl though I got Son in for him so damage minimal at moment

Well, West Ham haven't been performing recently, and if Chelsea controls the game, I think a clean sheet is very, very likely.

Typical of Sterling to get points once we dropped him. At least that assist from Son helps. Burnley already lost their clean sheet, so not going well there. I'm also sweating over Cahill not playing. Have Saka first on bench, but if he doesn't get minutes, I'll have Rico coming on…

Well, West Ham haven't been performing recently, and if Chelsea controls the game, I think a clean sheet is very, very likely.

Typical of Sterling to get points once we dropped him. At least that assist from Son helps. Burnley already lost their clean sheet, so not going well there. I'm also sweating over Cahill not playing. Have Saka first on bench, but if he doesn't get minutes, I'll have Rico coming on…

I have Kelly as last Sub looks like a potential clean sheet for Palace, I think my sub bench could be a haul in itself at this rate lol