The Bond Reboot..planned to end with Brosnan gradually, and then do a Craig'ish reboot ?

edited October 2018 in Bond Movies Posts: 19,339
Watching DAD for the millionth time and seeing Pierce with grey in the sides of his hair,they obviously had the idea of an older Bond then and for 1 or 2 more films ,with Pierce, or they would have dyed the hair ,IMO.

Do you think EON were heading for a few more Pierce Bond films ,making him older as Pierce greys,and then rebooting the series but changed their minds and made it sooner for whatever reason ?

If not then why let Brosnan have grey hair,it shows age in Bond,as it did when he is looking at all the gadgets from FRWL,TB etc ?

comments ?

Comments

They tend to just take it a film at a time don't they instead of planning it out (which is why we got SF abandoning the CR/QoS story arc then SP retconning it). So I think they probably thought they'd do one or two more with Brosnan, since he was popular and was definitely up for carrying on, but I doubt CR/the reboot was on the cards at all back in 2002.
    I didn't see that comment .
    Anyway,now i'm here,i like the direction they were taking Pierce's Bond himself,allowing grey to creep into his hair,looking more world weary and experienced if you like.

It would have been interesting to see how they would have scaled back on his next film,as they would have had to do,as the 40th Anniversary film was done.

I could see them going in the MR-FYEO direction ,and then seeing how things were after the reaction to that film was looked at.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Everything or Nothing was the closest we'll ever get to a 5th Brosnan film.
    I think the intention was to just carry on with Pierce as normal Bond adventures, letting him age naturally. Who knows, though? By his 5th or 6th outing the hairdressers might have chosen to darken out the gray specks. Actually, I find it noticeable early on in GE on the Manticore as he sees the man's reflection coming a him.
    The reboot happened at just the right time.
    Brosnan had grey hair in the sides, yes, but based on just that I couldn't assume the idea was to openly acknowledge his aging in any way besides the look of his hair.

That said, he has maintained a youthful appearance long after leaving the role, so if they had decided to let his Bond age more visibly onscreen, it probably would've been fine with me, as long as he didn't look like the father of any of his Bond girls.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I think the intention was to just carry on with Pierce as normal Bond adventures, letting him age naturally. Who knows, though? By his 5th or 6th outing the hairdressers might have chosen to darken out the gray specks. Actually, I find it noticeable early on in GE on the Manticore as he sees the man's reflection coming a him.

I will have to look out for that,i never noticed it.
    barryt007 wrote: »

It's that great close up shot as Pierce glances down into the reflection. His stubble is prominent and the gray streaks. I always thought he looked great in that shot.
    barryt007 wrote: »

It's that great close up shot as Pierce glances down into the reflection. His stubble is prominent and the gray streaks. I always thought he looked great in that shot.

I will have to get the old pause button ready next time I watch GE !
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I vaguely remember noticing those greys in GE some years back. I thought it gave him a very distinguished look.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    I think they where planning to simply carry on with Pierce, but where stung by some of the critical reaction to DAD.

Heaven only knows why, they must have had an inkling of the polarising responses that film would get.