Pierce Brosnan on his James Bond movies: 'I just don't find any comfort in watching them'

2»

Comments

Nothing surprising about any of this. Lots of actors never watch their own work. Timothy Dalton did not even attend the premiere of TLD.

Yes, he did. I was in the crowds back in 1987. He was there looking very suave in a dinner jacket.

Connery didnt attend Thunderball though...

• I can apprecite Brosnan might feel some animosity after his Bond tenure came to a close but you would think if ever any of his other well recognized features came on TV he would perhaps sit down and indulge, has he watched himself in Remington Steele since he finished that at any time, I really think so

Same with other 007 actors, Connery has a list of films behind him as long as his arm and I guess if ever he got a chance to sit down and watch something he was involved in, other than Bond, from years back the Scot would happily sit through

Craig as we all know, is just not known for being the most recent bond, and has appeared in some other standout pictures of the last 10 years, there again he's had his chances to watch himself at work

The thing is though, I can't really clarify any of this, it's just something you would maybe imagine any of them doing at any given time and away from the 007 releases

In an ideal world, I'd have maybe liked to have gone to a theater re-release of say, the Hunt for Red October and brought Connery as a special guest and watch it again, same with The Lawnmower Man with Brosnan and The Rocketeer with Dalton etc, it would of been quite an occasion

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    He probably prefers his role as Remington Steele than his Bond role. And Craig has been in some other standout films in the not only in the last 10 years, but also since he's become Bond (I happened to like Defiance the best).
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    Honestly, how many people would want to watch themselves act? I surely wouldn't. It's just a sense of watching yourself do something that feels off, whether it's scripted or not.

Can't wait to see you in 'Bag of Bones', Brosnan. Looks great.

I'm a stage actor and I hate to watch the videos of myself acting. I can only see the flaws, even the petty ones.
  • I don't feel comfortable watching them either.
  • I don't feel comfortable watching them either.

Mine or yours? :)
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    actonsteve wrote:
    <blockquote rel="OHMSS69">

Nothing surprising about any of this. Lots of actors never watch their own work. Timothy Dalton did not even attend the premiere of TLD.

</blockquote>

Yes, he did. I was in the crowds back in 1987. He was there looking very suave in a dinner jacket.

Connery didnt attend Thunderball though...

I think it was because an obsessive female fan jumped into his Aston Martin at the Paris premiere of GF.

• SAMSAM
    I'm not surprised. Everytime I am reminded of Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and especially ... ... especially Die Another Day, I cringe.

Those three movie productions almost single handedly ruined the longest running franchise in film history !!!
  • SharkShark Banned
    edited November 2011 Posts: 348
    NicNac wrote:
    Mind you some great people like John Lennon did the same.

John Lennon was a great songwriter and vocalist, but far from a great person. He could be a very cruel bastard.